SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #23 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh me... now that song is stuck in my head... Be Our Guest, Be Our Guest, Put our service to the test... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you think of jail guards singing it to an inmate that adores all things Disney, it is sorta comical.

When you think of jail guards singing it to an inmate that adores all things Disney, it is sorta comical.
:floorlaugh: My husband just say "gee thanks, now I can't get the stupid candelabra outta my head!" :floorlaugh: He wants to know if all the dishes are dancing, or if they are flying across them room as TM throws them! :floorlaugh:

When my daughter got married and was on her honeymoon in Hawaii, I had her kids and took them to Disneyland one day. That was about 5 years ago.

I went as a teenager for the "Spring Fling" they use to have, then of course for Grad Nite when I graduated H.S.

Took the kids when they were little also.

When my SIL retired from the phone company, she chose to take the entire family to Disneyland and have brunch at Club 33 as her retirement option.

I was going to that Mickey's Trick or Treat Halloween thing at California Adventure each year with my Disney crazy friends but I wasn't into it so we quit going with them.

That's right I forgot about Grad nite!! They do have some fun events, fireworks, parades. Always fun to take first timers and little kids and watch their eyes light up. But Disney campers and getting excited to get cartoon characters autographs is going overboard. I think TM was more into it then her kids IMO Lol

On a serious note, I'm still wondering what LE has that they are so sure that HE is deceased and that the M's killed her. It's got to be something pretty solid to arrest and charge them without a body. What could it be?

We know they have surveillance of the PTL area, so they saw HE's car there. So following that idea, they must have seen at least one of the M's drive up in their vehicle.

May I say at this point that I think it was pretty stupid of them to call so much attention to themselves in the wake of HE's disappearance and to commit this crime in front of cameras and such???

BBM
I''m really surprised the majority thinks SM will break, I really think TM is weaving her story to blame it all on him. If she goes down it's gonna be (in her mind) the way she wants it to go down.

I agree with this. He wasn't the one so insecure he needed to create a fantasy picture of his life online, or post decades old pics of himself to show how gorgeous he once was.

He was the one who was actually able to go out and attract a beautiful young girlfriend and (it appears) keep a very controlling, jealous wife completely in the dark about it, at least for a while. He can obviously lie extremely well, in my opinion. And doesn't mind being seen to be under the thumb because in fact he was doing exactly what he wanted, when he wanted.

I think there is a risk that SM is possibly more of a control freak than his wife and there's a risk he'll take the ultimate control in this case - by killing himself and leaving a note admitting responsibility and trying to clear his wife of all blame. I hope prison officials keep a close eye on him.

On a serious note, I'm still wondering what LE has that they are so sure that HE is deceased and that the M's killed her. It's got to be something pretty solid to arrest and charge them without a body. What could it be?

We know they have surveillance of the PTL area, so they saw HE's car there. So following that idea, they must have seen at least one of the M's drive up in their vehicle.

May I say at this point that I think it was pretty stupid of them to call so much attention to themselves in the wake of HE's disappearance and to commit this crime in front of cameras and such???

HE's handbag and contents? DL? Her ring and watch she was wearing in the pic she sent TE? This is such a mystery. I hope we find out soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tammy Moorer, charged with murder in Heather Elvis case, moved to Georgetown County jail for "safety and security"

"We don't want people reading into this that there was a huge problem," Benton said. "We've done this in the past. Certainly the microscope is on this case. This is common practice when there are co-defendants in the same facility."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_d584ebf6-9ff2-11e3-9efb-001a4bcf6878.html

Someone questioned earlier why she was moved. Makes sense not to have them in the same place. Divide and conquer...or something like that perhaps. ;)

I would think that if TM and SM are in different facilities, LE would quickly be able to observe power and loyalty patterns from the next-of-kins' visiting patterns.

Delta Dawn, I know a few people who know T M and SM and they are truly shocked by all of this. It goes to show some folk live a double life.

:Welcome1:

WELCOME to the forum Rosierose!!!

Disney autograph books are quite common. People right now are waiting in line for over an hour to meet Anna and Elsa. People pin trade. Disney Seems to have its own subculture. Don't get me wrong, I like Disney and enjoy taking my boys, but I can't get fanatic over it. But I don't really find her obsession to be different from thousands of others.

Delta Dawn...Glad to have you here and look forward to your verification!!

Question...Do you know if TM wore fake nails? TIA

I know this was being discussed a lot earlier in the thread, so..
It's actually quite easy to do Disney cheap if you know where to go. I don't know if it's done in Florida, but out in California you can "rent" a park pass for a day for basically nothing (40 bucks). My friends and I have done it before within the past 2 years.

Add sleeping in the camper & I could understand how they could afford to go more than once a year on a limited budget.

Do you believe Sidney wrote his own Facebook posts?

And thank you for sharing here. We know so little first hand information about the Moorer's. Your help is so appreciated.

I, too am waiting to become a verified insider. Kimster said it would be Sun or Mon before we could talk. But, I was told in January when i asked where Sidneys page went, that Sidney doesn't even have a facebook. by someone close to them. This struck me as odd, because He did in fact have one with just his name on it up until a few months before all of this came out and his name was involved. He was on my friends list. I believe THAT one was really him. I believe once tammy found out about the affair she made him delete his page. but then a Sidney & Tammy page pops up when I searched. Who I was not friends with. I noticed Once things started getting fired up in this case, it seems they changed that page from S & T to just Sidney Moorer. Which I'm not quite sure I understand.. But I can tell you that i believe 100% that Sidney had no clue he had the new Facebook, and IF he did know about it- there is no way he was the one posting any of that mess.----- so sorry if that seems confusing to anyone. Haha I am a detailed communicator.. Hate leaving any little thing out.

I, too am waiting to become a verified insider. Kimster said it would be Sun or Mon before we could talk. But, I was told in January when i asked where Sidneys page went, that Sidney doesn't even have a facebook. by someone close to them. This struck me as odd, because He did in fact have one with just his name on it up until a few months before all of this came out and his name was involved. He was on my friends list. I believe THAT one was really him. I believe once tammy found out about the affair she made him delete his page. but then a Sidney & Tammy page pops up when I searched. Who I was not friends with. I noticed Once things started getting fired up in this case, it seems they changed that page from S & T to just Sidney Moorer. Which I'm not quite sure I understand.. But I can tell you that i believe 100% that Sidney had no clue he had the new Facebook, and IF he did know about it- there is no way he was the one posting any of that mess.----- so sorry if that seems confusing to anyone. Haha I am a detailed communicator.. Hate leaving any little thing out.

Confirms what we've suspected about him not even knowing about that page. I think she changed the name to just be his after reading comments about how she had such a tight reign over him he wasn't even allowed to have his own FB, so she made it seem like "he" changed the name to just him. MOO

This case is why people should never get involved with a married individual. You never know how the spouse will react after finding out even worse when children involved. Can turn the person your cheating on into a murdering psycho. Younger people don't think about the risk of being killed over an affair. IT HAPPENS. In most cases the cheater NEVER leaves their family. Would you really want that person in your life anyway? Once a cheater always a cheater. Look what happened to Tori Spelling now her husband cheating on her. Go figure. Not worth the outcomes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That and the fact that it's just plain wrong.

And, no one wants to be told they are wrong.

Was it ever confirmed which mall Heather was practicing driving? Which movie theater?

The reason I ask is because of the M's second IE charge at the 1300 block of Celebrity Circle.

I know TE stated HE and her date went to a Mexican restaurant (assume this info was supplied by the date).

There is a Mexican restaurant at 1302 Celebrity Circle.

It's my understanding that they practiced driving at Inlet Square in Murrels Inlet. I also believe that her date lives in the Inlet. Not sure about theater location or Mexican restaurant.

:truce:
It sure did give her something to talk about w/ authority, she was so verbose on those Disboards. Controlling every conversation- I nearly laughed myself off the couch when someone linked a post that she bumped back up after 3 years of it being dead. She wants to be the keeper of all the most important information, whether it's bands or Disney. She couldn't keep up w/ the band photog (groupie), bff of so many rockstars, so she had to cling to something she could be queen of. JMO and all that.

Your post points out a common characteristic of the narcissist, being "best" in their given area, being the "authority" on the subject. They often amass collections, showing off their ability to recognize and own the "best" of particular items. This was my first thought when I saw the picture someone posted of the stuffed animals posed on TM's staircase. It was my understanding these were displayed as "trophies" or symbols of Disney visits.

There's a fascinating book written from the first person perspective of a narcissist. It is considered unique in the field because a true narcissist, with few exceptions, will never believe they have a problem. It's always someone else's fault.

In the book I mentioned, the author states that his "supply" was being met by the book itself. Through the book he considered himself "unique" to the world (uniqueness being of utmost importance) - a narcissist willing to reveal his inner world. In his mind he became the foremost authority on the condition. He believed his was a genetic predisposition stoked into disorder by extremely violent abuse at the hands of a narcissistic mother in an affluent household.

One contributor here commented about knowing TM growing up and that she was not allowed to sleepover with friends. I found this comment interesting.

Most therapists will not treat someone diagnosed with NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) as they are master manipulators, almost uniformly seeking therapy under duress with no true desire to change their behavior.

Narcissists are typically sore losers. They do not share their possessions readily.
The idea that the M's had an "open" marriage is beyond ridiculous in my opinion. One partner was practically branded to show ownership, the brand displayed with pride by the owner... I mean, spouse.

Addicts actively using often present characteristics of narcissism, the distinction for diagnosis being whether these traits existed prior to the addiction, whether they diminish with therapy and "sobriety" or a cease in "supply."

Someone living with a narcissist for any extended period of time develops their own "counter addictions" It's impossible to believe that someone married to a narcissistic for 17 years hasn't developed their own manipulation skills, their own coping/survival strategies.

This person often plays the martyr, but is no less manipulative than the narcissist.

18 months is considered a benchmark by some therapists as the rough window of time a co-dependent can live with someone in active addiction or a diagnosed personality disorder before developing these counter traits. One cannot exist in chaos or live under someone else's complete control without cultivating coping mechanisms.

There are many schools of thought on this subject. NPD is a controversial diagnosis. My thoughts reflect the view of the subject I find most accurate based on personal experience.

I believe health professionals will have a field day with this couple when (or if) the details come out.

Hi all! I’ve finally gotten registered even though I’ve been reading these threads from the very start. Now I finally can post my thoughts.

My VERY first intuitive thought when this case first broke was “Who was the last person she spoke to?” As details emerged we all found out who that ended up being.
What I (and many others) have felt from the start seems to be what is revealing itself to be true.

As for those accused: At first I wasn’t sure what to make of the pair. Who is the dominant one? But certain posts on social media certainly cleared that up. Especially the one regarding SMs tattoo. Like TM was laying claim. It also struck me how “in love” and happy the Ms seemed as a family in recent posts even with all of this negative attention swirling around them. It is, therefore, my conclusion that everyone here who has speculated about it is right on. TM felt this was a way to solidify her control over her world and her husband. It brought them closer together (however twisted). The planning and execution of their plan gave them a high they would need no drugs for. This, I believe, is why the IE charges exist. They were riding a sick and twisted high and felt more connected than ever before.

My second intuitive thought is also that Heather is in the water. Perhaps weighted down. For her sake I hope it was quick. Perhaps LE has evidence of undeniable death even without a body. Maybe something like a large amount of HE’s blood, or something along those lines that they know a person could not survive.

JMO

The thing I cannot stop thinking about is how scared she must have been. How betrayed she must have felt. We have all done things that weren’t the smartest ideas. When I was 20, I know I made similar mistakes. But we were lucky, that we could learn from them and continue living. I hope that somehow, out there in the dark… she found light and warmth and peace.

You may be right about the water.

There are homes directly beside Peachtree Landing.
A gunshot would've been heard and reported.

I do not believe the cause of death involved an excessive amount of blood. It would've been detected at the crime scene if it had been done outside. For some reason I see the M's being hesitant to sully their vehicles.

Suffocation seems probable to me. Whatever it was, I pray that it was quick.

I'm combing through her postings on the Disboards looking for material for the timeline, anything that gives clues to their character and motivations, trying to pin down exactly how often they went on these trips, and how they paid for them.

I did find a post mentioning that walking on the beach made her "lawnmower foot" hurt. Perhaps a reference to a childhood injury that led to a rumored lawsuit but, if there had been any lawsuit, surely that money would be long gone by now.

Today I was reading one thread where TM got into some convoluted meal plan/ticket dispute that was going to cost her $300 if it wasn't resolved, and she wrote that $300 was hard to come by at her house. This was during their third trip to WDW that year, and she was crying poor.

That was in 2009. In 2010, she commented that they go to WDW once a year.

I have to take frequent breaks from the Disboards. The whiplash is killing me...

And there was the Valentine's Facebook post about SM always paying their bills on time, no matter what they had to do without?? Something definitely doesn't add up here.

I have a family member who was a Disney Vacation planner for 2 years. Her husband finally made her quit because he said it was costing them more than she was making. Most of the benefits were discounts on their own Disney trips and tax write-offs, but then they were going more often, ending up in the red.

My biggest concern in the case at this point besides not finding Heather to give her family some peace and closure, is not finding heather for justice to be served. I know LE says that they have all the evidence they need for this trial, but it feels like such a huge risk without a body. Especially since a solicitor said there isn't a smoking gun or any videos for the conviction. I hope LE didn't rush into anything to make the public happy. They can't be tried twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also worried about the outcome of this case. It’s hard not to think that the immense public pressure did have an effect on LE arresting the M’s only 2 months later. I wonder if the defense will be able to show things from social media regarding this case? Remember how many of us kept on saying, “Something bad is going to happen” due to stuff we were seeing on SM?

A lot of people have brought up video footage, but I feel like most surveillance cameras are grainy, and would not be able to show anything important, like all three of them in a car, and then only show 2 of them in the car.

And LE first searched their home 2 months later, right? So why weren’t they able to get a warrant before that? I heard that getting a search warrant is not that difficult. It doesn’t sound like they got any physical evidence from PTL. I'm guessing their evidence is maybe the phone calls, grainy camera footage of their car, and some stuff from their house but didn't LE say they didn't find anything that significant at their house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98