SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #23 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there was the Valentine's Facebook post about SM always paying their bills on time, no matter what they had to do without?? Something definitely doesn't add up here.

I have a family member who was a Disney Vacation planner for 2 years. Her husband finally made her quit because he said it was costing them more than she was making. Most of the benefits were discounts on their own Disney trips and tax write-offs, but then they were going more often, ending up in the red.

Some things are just not adding up for me! If SM was a contractor with several places, like another posted, beaches are a little different. You have some that are contracted to real estate companies that go to the rentals, you have the resorts themselves etc. Probably the high time is from April to about end of Sept for most business. So, during the months Oct thru March, you would want to be contracted with some company like TK for a steady income. Just throwing that out there. We live near Emerald Isle NC, not as touristy as MB but concept same. After Sept, the folks on the Island are always looking for work. Even the ladies/gents who work as housekeepers know that come winter they will be laid off.

I agree about WDW TA. It doesn't bring in much. At all. Even the discounts are debatable these days. There was a time when a TA could get a 50% or better discount when traveling to promote a destination. The internet has changed that.

That face book comment seems so passive aggressive. I mean, really? Your a great provider yet we are doing without to pay the bills is a underhanded way to say you suck if you ask me. IMHO

Kelly

Any further connections found re: the latest TK girl being found dead?

I bet they will go with a change of venue. Thing is, this is a high profile case and they will be hard pressed to find anyone in SC who hasn't heard of it and has had some kind of opinion before they are ever called for jury duty.

The odds are better of a conviction with a body. They even had a body with Caylee A and still couldn't get a conviction.

The jury wasn't very smart. IMO

Who waits 31 days to report their daughter missing while out partying? Would have been longer than 31 days if her mom didn't go find her.

Seajay, the filing of change of venue motions are common in virtually every high profile case where the community is emotionally charged. Seldom is it granted by the judge. Times, they are a changin.. We now live in the age of communication; internet social media, smart phones, and a 24 hour news cycle.

Folks are quick to use the Casey Anthony trial verdict as an example of the negative consequences of a change of venue. The CA trial verdict was an anomaly, imo, and the result of an unprepared and over confident prosecution team. The case had been tried in the media long before trial and the guilty verdict perceived to be a walk in the park by the unprepared prosecution that failed to convince the non biased jury, imo.

Timeline of Facebook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Facebook gradually enlarged the set of people who are allowed to register, starting from Harvard University in January 2004, then gradually expanded to more US universities, then moved to international students, and finally opened to the public's registration in September 2006.

Consider that this was less than two years before Caylee Anthony was reported missing in July 2008. The jurors were recruited from an area where cable TV was not available, were not privy to the 24 hour news cycle, nor the internet/SM, which was only in its infancy in 2008.

I am also worried about the outcome of this case. It’s hard not to think that the immense public pressure did have an effect on LE arresting the M’s only 2 months later. I wonder if the defense will be able to show things from social media regarding this case? Remember how many of us kept on saying, “Something bad is going to happen” due to stuff we were seeing on SM?

A lot of people have brought up video footage, but I feel like most surveillance cameras are grainy, and would not be able to show anything important, like all three of them in a car, and then only show 2 of them in the car.

And LE first searched their home 2 months later, right? So why weren’t they able to get a warrant before that? I heard that getting a search warrant is not that difficult. It doesn’t sound like they got any physical evidence from PTL. I'm guessing their evidence is maybe the phone calls, grainy camera footage of their car, and some stuff from their house but didn't LE say they didn't find anything that significant at their house?

Yes, they did say no smoking gun at house but things that put more of the puzzle together were found.

I am struggling too with what they have.

Does anyone know if they are charged with murder but the jury can look at lighter sentences when deciding? I am worried about them being 'over' charged and not being able to produce enough to support it, or because social media plays so much into it will the defense be able to break it apart? Just thoughts for the day.

Kelly

It's my understanding that they practiced driving at Inlet Square in Murrels Inlet. I also believe that her date lives in the Inlet. Not sure about theater location or Mexican restaurant.

I thought I'd read Inlet Square, but that makes me scratch my head.

It's probably nothing, but why does a guy from Murrells Inlet pick HE up in Myrtle Beach (granted, he could work at the beach and Inlet Square was near his home), drive to Murrells Inlet (40 minutes), food/movie/driving lesson/Christmas lights, drive HE back to Myrtle Beach (40 minutes), then drive back to Murrells Inlet at 3:00 in the morning (40 minutes)? If he didn't start out at the beach, that tacks on another 40 minutes of traveling on the front end.

So, that's 2-3 hours travel time. I'm just trying to understand the logic, maybe gain some insight into HE's mindset that night.

Why not do dinner and a movie at the beach?

Any further connections found re: the latest TK girl being found dead?

I only vaguely read this last night before I fell asleep. She did not work at the same location as HE did, is this correct? Eery though that another TK girl is dead.

I thought I'd read Inlet Square, but that makes me scratch my head.

It's probably nothing, but why does a guy from Murrells Inlet pick HE up in Myrtle Beach (granted, he could work at the beach and Inlet Square was near his home), drive to Murrells Inlet (40 minutes), food/movie/driving lesson/Christmas lights, drive HE back to Myrtle Beach (40 minutes), then drive back to Murrells Inlet at 3:00 in the morning (40 minutes)? If he didn't start out at the beach, that tacks on another 40 minutes of traveling on the front end.

So, that's 2-3 hours travel time. I'm just trying to understand the logic, maybe gain some insight into HE's mindset that night.

Why not do dinner and a movie at the beach?

Wouldn't take me 40 minutes from Murrells Inlet to MB in Dec. Maybe during the summer time, but I've done it from Murrells Inlet to MB in Dec in under 20 minutes.

It's only a 16.5 mile drive.

My family and I have done it in Dec many times coming from Murrells Inlet to Market Common to Coastal Mall to Broadway at the Beach all in one night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

On a serious note, I'm still wondering what LE has that they are so sure that HE is deceased and that the M's killed her. It's got to be something pretty solid to arrest and charge them without a body. What could it be?

We know they have surveillance of the PTL area, so they saw HE's car there. So following that idea, they must have seen at least one of the M's drive up in their vehicle.

May I say at this point that I think it was pretty stupid of them to call so much attention to themselves in the wake of HE's disappearance and to commit this crime in front of cameras and such???

I think they have hard evidence of murder!
Just being seen on camera places her with them but that's all.

I think they possibly have bloody clothes or duct tape with her hair on it
And if she was deceased any hair on that tape would show death!

They have evidence as I see it!

Thinking about TM, she has obviously spent many years building her persona as a "perfect mom" of a "perfect family" with ideal spouse, etc...and seems to have avoided any serious run-ins with the law. I just can't see how she is going to bring herself to admitting anything to do with Heather's death. She can't just say she wanted to talk to Heather in a friendly way and was shocked by SM's actions when he "did it" because she revealed her hatred for Heather in that vile Fb post...in fact, that post was the first time she "stepped out of line" from her persona, it seems.

I hope the state can use her FB for that post, even if it means bringing in Heather's social media as well. It was so revealing, IMO, as to her true feelings. IMO she was justifying to herself what she had done, making it "okay" and "necessary" because she felt Heather was trying to ruin her perfect family (image).

So it is hard for me to see her finding a way to talk...she is probably desperately trying to think of a way, but not knowing what LE has makes it kind of impossible for her.

JMO

I wasnt able to stay as caught up yesterday as I have been. Ironically, I'm having to have a couple of days worth of meetings in order to deal with issues involving my own sibling, whom I believe strongly has NPD (narcissistic personality disorder). In trying to catch up on reading the thread something occurred to me. It has to do with wondering about HE's belongings she had with her (purse, watch, ring, phone etc) possibly being kept by TM & SM. It would seem ridiculous to us for them to have kept anything of hers, thereby incriminating themselves easily if said items were to be found. But here's the thing: if TM does indeed have NPD, she very likely thinks herself to be way smarter than LE and didn't think she could be caught. She may have also had a compulsion to keep something of HE's and that compulsion combined with the "magical thinking" that she was too smart to get caught may end up being her downfall.

My sibling has this same superiority or "magical" thinking. She believes she is THE authority on everything. She also seems to have a compulsion to keep things that belong to others. She takes/steals/borrows things from others and keeps them. I read once where they almost consider them trophies of how superior they are. She has done this since we were all children and she is much older than I. As an adult she has borrowed things but will lie about having them and will not give them back. For instance, she borrowed a book I have that was very special to me (it had an inscription). I hesitated, because I knew very well that I might not see it again. I felt guilty for feeling that way and against better judgment I let her borrow it. When I called to ask for it back she informed me to search online, that I could get another copy. She never admitted to having it, but it was clear I was not getting it back. Our other siblings can relate similar stories. I believe that she has a compulsion to take things from us to get back at us for having normal stable lives. She feels she's supposed to be the one who is better/smarter/stronger and it isn't working out that way. I have no doubt that she would take other things if she had access to our homes, which she no longer does in any way.

Just thinking about why TM would dare keep anything related to the crime or the victim. My sister can't let go of much. She's also a hoarder. TM could be totally different. But I do wonder.

I just wanted to welcome all the newcomers!!! So exciting getting new ideas or thoughts.

Im sure TM is hating "Stupid" Sidney as she sits alone in her awful cell missing her fantasy Disney life and kids blaming SM. If he never cheated with HE this never would have happened. Who knows maybe she will crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think the other women in her cell block started singing M-I-C see you real soon- K-E-Y why? because you're gonna be here a long time M-O-U-S-E ?:floorlaugh:

Hi friends! I have been following this case from SC since the beginning. I am happy to be here. My question is this. if TM is 41, and FB says she graduated HS in 2011? Most 41 year olds graduated around 1990. Do you think her deception is intentional?

I suggested this in a much earlier thread, but parents could use their emotions around these tragedies as a teaching and talking point to their older teens and young adult children (like 17 - 23 yrs old) about why it's important to not get involved with someone who is married. Not just from a morals standpoint, but because someone cray-cray may be that person's spouse and there's no telling what a crazy, rage-filled spouse might do. And they always find out eventually. Plus there are often children involved in those other relationships and it's just totally unfair to the kids. Yes, a married spouse should not cheat and they are responsible to their partner, but if heartache or worse can be avoided for the young adult who might enter such a relationship, wouldn't that be valuable?

While I understand the point above, and how parents can use this as a valuable preventative lesson to protect there children, and I mean that in all sincerity and please take no offense -just offering another perspective-I respectfully disagree in that parents telling there 17 y.o., 23 y.o., heck even 30 y.o., about the dangers of entering a relationship with a married person will make such an impact as to deter the "young adult" from following his or her heart, hormones, or emotional feelings. We don't know for fact how HE and SM's relationship started---her feelings for him could have been deep rooted when she realized he was married and had kids---she could have known from the start but felt so strongly for SM that at the time consequences were of no thought (and I don't think moments like that apply to any one age group). SM is the one that had a wife, SM is the one that has kids, SM is the one that needs to answer to his role in this, and I am disgusted that SM was/is not enough of a man to have stood up for HE....SM knew who he married, who TM is---how dare SM not protect Heather.

We know they have surveillance of the PTL area, so they saw HE's car there. So following that idea, they must have seen at least one of the M's drive up in their vehicle.

I don't remember reading that they have surveillance of the PTL area. Could you or someone else be so kind as to provide a link to the article where LE says this?

Thanks! :)

Hi friends! I have been following this case from SC since the beginning. I am happy to be here. My question is this. if TM is 41, and FB says she graduated HS in 2011? Most 41 year olds graduated around 1990. Do you think her deception is intentional?

How does that saying go...What a web we weave when we practice to deceive?

I wouldn't doubt it for a minute that it was done for deception if any of the other fb information that has come out in the last few days is true.

Kelly

ETA Welcome!

Welcome to web sleuths Miss Muffin and all other new members. Thank you for caring about Heather. Your comments are appreciated.

I feel like we are seeing a surge in violent female criminals, moreso than in history. It's fascinating, I'd love to see some research on it.

IMO, women are being shown in a more aggressive form and I feel this is due to the portrayal of them on reality tv programs. They are almost always fighting with each other and this behavior though not acceptable by most people is prevalent on these shows whether it be "Teenage Moms" or "The Women of (name the city) or " (name the sport) Wives".... Is this a reflection of our society ?

RE: Do you think her deception is intentional?

WELCOME Miss Muffin...

Yes, Miss Muffin, I think TM's deception is intentional, but this must be a typo, she received her GED, or as Jeff Foxworthy would say, 'TM's high school years were the best 14 years of her life'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member