SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the defense teams are given the evidence that LE has against their clients? Would this process have begun already or is after their next hearing later this month? Just thinking out loud, if TM and SM don't know the exact evidence LE has against them, they may not have any incentive at this point to make a plea deal or offer information.

Inquiring minds and all that.......

I've done some searching. The only thing I can find is that generally, limited discovery is revealed at the preliminary hearing (aka evidence hearing). Not sure how far ahead it is revealed though (ie. days, weeks). It will not necessarily reveal ALL of the evidence though.

http://www.legalinfo.com/content/criminal-law/stages-of-a-criminal-case-preliminary-hearing.html

I think sonar would've shown a body. I feel certain they'd have checked sonar around PTL right after the disappearance. Maybe that's why they haven't had a dive team out there before now (that we know of).

Not sure if metal detectors would aid in the search for keys/cell phone?

We dropped our keys in water about 6 feet deep in Murrells Inlet a few years back. For anybody that's had their feet in the bottom of a river or marsh in SC lowcountry, you know it's nothing like the bottom at the beach. You sink down in the plough (pluff) mud and it literally sucks you in. I lost a shoe once while clamming in 3 feet of water. Pulled my foot out and the mud sucked it right off my foot. By the time I dumped my apron full of clams and went back to the spot I thought I'd visually marked, half of my grimiest pair of Keds was lost forever.

When we searched for our keys in the Inlet (never found them, by the way - and we knew exactly where they fell) I was amazed by the amount of random junk we did find. Maybe there's so much man-made debris on the bottom a metal detector wouldn't be of use.

In the case of Terrilynn Monette, sonar didn't find her CAR. They sonared in one particular body of water several times and it was a volunteer diver from another police agency that found her car on his day off when he went in for one final dive.

Good morning everyone! :coffee:

I know I need a break from WS when my son tells me he is going somewhere and I say "Not unless you have a link for that." :giggle:

He'll ask me if I'm playing with my little computer friends lol.

Cute, little computer friends, lol! :heart:

I guess we are all kind of like little computer friends :loveyou: Some of us do talk to each other almost daily. :) I also think of you guys as "colleagues".

Great group of folks, you guys. I really do appreciate the platform here to have our discussions. I've tried to talk to other people out there in the "real world" about cases, and most of them just do not get it. Or care! In fact, very often, the conversations turn sour really fast. It's so great to brainstorm with you folks because I feel like we really all have common goals here, to help missing/murdered persons and their families. And help find scumbags so they can be off the streets! We need to help protect all the children out there, especially!

:grouphug:

Thanks to all!

There are also these images of the fire pit, I believe they might have been taken at a different time, based on the lighting. They show Mickey in the base.

I am on Tapatalk so I will try to edit to add / quote the post where other WSers noticed it originally (I didn't).

Hope this helps.

edejehup.jpg

ygyzyjez.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK, I just don't think this was the way they used to 'dispose' (UGH, I HATE THAT WORD) of Heather's body. It's not big enough and all it would result in is a badly charred body. So, they'd have to move her, YET AGAIN, to a final hiding spot. I just don't see them putting in that much effort.

Just for my mental health, did you post this same post last night?? Cause I thought I read this exact post and liked it, because it is really spot on, but now I'm wondering if this is just a deja vu moment:scared:

:floorlaugh:

you and me both!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

IDK, I just don't think this was the way they used to 'dispose' (UGH, I HATE THAT WORD) of Heather's body. It's not big enough and all it would result in is a badly charred body. So, they'd have to move her, YET AGAIN, to a final hiding spot. I just don't see them putting in that much effort.

I agree. I don't see them putting in that much effort with Heather or the clean up. IMO it was clean and quick.

707 is also Socastee Blvd. The only motel I can think of is a run down Super 8 near the intersection of the 17 bypass. On the corner of 707 and Old 544 aka Old Dick Pond road is an Elementary School and next to that is the High School...could that be what you're picturing as a hotel?

I'm trying to figure out how to post from my phone! I just have no idea, and my laptop is broken. Grrr!!!

God I hope they have the evidence they need to put these two away forever.

I agree with you AndiLA. It takes a supreme amount of effort to do, and I believe another WSer posted the K9s would have hit on the area if they had.

I do wonder if they used the pit to dispose (Double UGH) of other evidence, though. Anything small, or trace evidence that a cadaver dog wound not have alerted on.

Let's just say I won't be surprised if we hear at trial that this charred Mickey played a role. So haunting to me.

Entirely :moo:

Actually, there was a picture posted of a fire pit with a creepy mickey mouse face in it, I have to search around here to find it , unless someone else recalls where the pic was posted?

It believe it was in the media thread?

Or... From pics in articles from the day/night of the search warrants?

:waitasec:

I'm trying to figure out how to post from my phone! I just have no idea, and my laptop is broken. Grrr!!!

I'm not sure how from tapatalk, but if you access WS from your phone's browser, when you're in reply mode, make sure you're in the advanced reply area and not quick reply. You will see a paperclip at the top of the reply box, next to a smiley face. click on that and it will allow you to post photos from your phones cameraroll. HTH.

IMO, LE might be, or might not be, searching the lake specifically in response to new information or a tip they received. In other words, I've seen in other cases where the same area is searched several times for the main goal of "ruling it out". For instance, Lake Vallecito in Dylan Redwine's case (bless Dylan's little heart. We all fell in love with that little guy here at WS). They kept searching the lake so so they could "rule that area out". (Thinking about this further, it was because the dogs "hit" there, IIRC...)

So, question is, did the dogs hit on the water, I wonder.

Drowning...good point.

No clues left behind, could be the answer

Not sure about the IE. Why would they need to go to 2 places to change clothes?

Or maybe I am confused there are 2 IE charges?

Kelly

Hum interesting theory? Wet clothes? Same timeframe-TM mentioned getting several pairs of new expensive jeans and thanked SM mentioning what a great husband he was. Where were the jeans purchased and when?

I had a dream last night that Heather tried telling me where she is. Of course when I woke up I couldn't remember where that was.

I feel like she really wants to be found and it's breaking my heart that she still hasn't been found.

Give us more signs Heather!

Does anyone know when the defense teams are given the evidence that LE has against their clients? Would this process have begun already or is after their next hearing later this month? Just thinking out loud, if TM and SM don't know the exact evidence LE has against them, they may not have any incentive at this point to make a plea deal or offer information.

Inquiring minds and all that.......

I read an article last weekend (I can't find it, so it's possible that it's since been updated) that said Sidney's lawyer mentioned something like... After sitting down with Sidney for the first time and looking over some of the initial evidence, I'm fairly confident this case will go to trial.

I remember reading it because it gave me confidence that LE does, in fact, have a substantial amount of evidence.

However, I read that article BEFORE his lawyer spoke out and said he's certain that Sidney had no involvement with, or any knowledge of, the events surrounding the disappearance of Heather Elvis.

ALSO--
IIRC, it was the same article that first mentioned the solicitor saying he didn't see this being a death penalty case.

Seems as if a lot of us had dreams about Heather last night, myself included. It's time to find her. She's reaching out to us.

Does anyone know if there have been any searches down in those swampy, alligator-infested areas where they searched for Britanee Drexel? I keep thinking that would be the best place to dispose of a body in the MB area. I remember hearing that it would only take 6 hours for a body to be consumed by the gators.

So weird! I never ever have dreams, I'm an insomniac - so when I do get sleep it's heavy and no dreams. Last night I too had dreams of Heather, I can't remember them now - Ive been awake too long to do a recall, but I know she was in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1