SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question!

Would LE need a warrant to take the truck that SM traded in from the dealer? Such a suspicious time for him to trade his truck in.

It was started earlier the truck that was traded in was also confiscated.

Question!

Would LE need a warrant to take the truck that SM traded in from the dealer? Such a suspicious time for him to trade his truck in.

Do we have a date when it was traded in? I haven't seen anything reported on this. Just wondering if it was definitely after 12/18.

Just heard on WMBF News that the DNA evidence was found in one of the M's trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Cutting from Angie Pipkin lead story.)

Paula Curuso reporting...

"Robinson is the third person in Horry... [clears voice] Horry County charged with murder in a missing persons case in less than a month. Sidney and Tammy Moorer were arrested and charged with murder in the Heather Elvis case. The couple was arrested after a search of their property. Investigators say they found DNA evidence in one of the Moorer's vehicles. The two will have a bond hearing March 17th."

It was started farther back the truck that was traded in was also confiscated.

I should have explained why I was asking, sorry.

The reason I was asking is to discern if they did forensics on that truck prior to the most recent search warrant where they did the house and took the vehicles. I thought maybe they did it earlier if they didn't need a warrant for it b/c it wasn't his any longer and it helped them to know they had to find more and that led to the further analysis of video. Phew. Runonsentence.
But I imagine chain of evidence would be an issue at trial if that were the case. Hmmmm.

"Robinson is the third person in Horry... [clears voice] Horry County charged with murder in a missing persons case in less than a month. Sidney and Tammy Moorer were arrested and charged with murder in the Heather Elvis case. The couple was arrested after a search of their property. Investigators say they found DNA evidence in one of the Moorer's vehicles. The two will have a bond hearing March 17th."

Thank you PTF: finally some new information :)

My heart hurts. :( DNA in the M's truck... :(

So, just like we thought - those sick, sick people killed Heather inside their own truck, then continued driving that truck, even driving their kids around in it??!! Really??!! That is just twisted.

Is this the same vehicle they called LE about - claiming someone was shooting at them as they drove? If so, why draw attention to that vehicle? Do they need to explain away bullet holes?

Heather, wherever your earthly body is right now, I know that you are safe & warm in God's hands tonight. <3

We knew they had found DNA...so the new info is that it was in their truck?

Hopefully, not DNA that can be explained away by a lawyer, i.e that Heather may have been out with SM...

They said previously that DNA was in the evidence gathered at the house, so this must be it, or part of it.

I don't think a lawyer, priest, or magician can get them out of this.

I'll go ahead and make a guess this was more than HE simply having been in the vehicle. Blood or other bodily fluids, probably.

Can anyone point me in the direction of information about SM trading his truck in? It's news to me...admittedly I took a short break from the case and now I am way behind. Did I somehow miss that or has this been recently reported?

Won't their lawyer just say that's because they dated and she was in there before the disappearance?

Won't their lawyer just say that's because they dated and she was in there before the disappearance?

Well if it is her blood, in a significant amount, that will not work, IMO.

I'll go ahead and make a guess this was more than HE simply having been in the vehicle. Blood or other bodily fluids, probably.

Thats what I am wondering. Like what type of DNA evidence? Isnt DNA just to prove a certain person is in a certain spot. I suppose if they can prove Heather or her remains were in certain places then maybe depending on those places they realize she must have been deceased. Like a crawl space or something along those lines.

Thats what I am wondering. Like what type of DNA evidence? Isnt DNA just to prove a certain person is in a certain spot. I suppose if they can prove Heather or her remains were in certain places then maybe depending on those places they realize she must have been deceased. Like a crawl space or something along those lines.

What about hair? Its obvious that Heather had long hair. If she was deceased and they confirmed it via DNA through a dead hair the M's have no defense!!!! JMO

What about hair? Its obvious that Heather had long hair. If she was deceased and they confirmed it via DNA through a dead hair the M's have no defense!!!! JMO

Great point. The death ring around a hair. And then the hair being found in like the tool box of the truck. And Hair DNA test to prove it was her. That would sure do it.

Maybe blood, etc. was found in the trunk, if a truck has one? Or a place where a live person is unlikely to have been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pellepellestore