SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point. The death ring around a hair. And then the hair being found in like the tool box of the truck. And Hair DNA test to prove it was her. That would sure do it.

She was a small girl, so maybe somewhere like the back floorboard of the truck or laying across back seat?

Could anybody please provide me with a link confirming the DNA report. I am having a hard time, along with others believing this information would be released at this point. Thanks.

We knew they had found DNA...so the new info is that it was in their truck?

Interesting. Somehow I totally missed that they even had DNA evidence. I agree we never heard about it being specific to the truck.

Interesting. Somehow I totally missed that they even had DNA evidence. I agree we never heard about it being specific to the truck.

I cannot find anything online or through my news apps from LE confirm this, so I am calling this DNA evidence as of now, hearsay. JMO

Can anyone point me in the direction of information about SM trading his truck in? It's news to me...admittedly I took a short break from the case and now I am way behind. Did I somehow miss that or has this been recently reported?

Tammy got a new truck in November correct? Was that when the trade-in occurred? Wasn't the new truck his guilt gift after Tammy found out about the affair?

Could anybody please provide me with a link confirming the DNA report. I am having a hard time, along with others believing this information would be released at this point. Thanks.

During the first presser held after the arrests there was mention by LE of DNA evidence ...and that was pretty much it.

What about hair? Its obvious that Heather had long hair. If she was deceased and they confirmed it via DNA through a dead hair the M's have no defense!!!! JMO

I've long hair and it seems I shed all the time. I know they had two months to clean it but maybe it was found where they couldn't or didn't think to clean. Like in the vents or headliner .. I've never heard of the hair ring deal. I guess it's all adding up. 3 cars go in and two come out. imo. If evidence was found in the back or in the tool box then she could be anywhere.... I've always thought the water was the easy lazy freaked out moorer way... but now I'm 2nd guessing myself...

Thats what I am wondering. Like what type of DNA evidence? Isnt DNA just to prove a certain person is in a certain spot. I suppose if they can prove Heather or her remains were in certain places then maybe depending on those places they realize she must have been deceased. Like a crawl space or something along those lines.

Since they've said she was killed at PTL, that means if she was in the vehicle at all, she was either killed in it, or transported afterwards, or both. There's no covering that up. It could be hair after she was killed, for that matter it could be hair samples from before and after depending on how this went down, and it could be blood, or, other fluids that resulted from the method. For LE to charge them with murder, there's something pretty damning in the vehicle(s) and potentially elsewhere at the house. LE said what they found there was not much, but in the big picture with all the other circumstantial evidence, it got LE kidnapping and murder charges. I suspect that's DNA as opposed to trophies or other 'small' evidence, although the latter could be part of it. And if elements of the type of DNA sample in the vehicle were also somewhere at PTL...and then showed up elsewhere on the property, that tells the story. Particularly when LE also adds to the mix any footage near the area of cars and people coming and going, but HE was never seen going.

So, unless LE is being intentionally dismissive of the evidence at the house, there's probably, or perhaps, not a lot of blood or other physical evidence, but the type of DNA evidence is damning enough.

Like I said previously, they were smart enough to get her isolated, kill her, and keep her well-hidden thus far, but dumb enough to leave a trail with their signature.

I cannot find anything online or through my news apps from LE confirm this, so I am calling this DNA evidence as of now, hearsay. JMO

Seems very odd that the revelation of such a significant piece of evidence would be tacked onto a story about a different missing person.

I've long hair and it seems I shed all the time. I know they had two months to clean it but maybe it was found where they couldn't or didn't think to clean. Like in the vents or headliner .. I've never heard of the hair ring deal. I guess it's all adding up. 3 cars go in and two come out. imo. If evidence was found in the back or in the tool box then she could be anywhere.... I've always thought the water was the easy lazy freaked out moorer way... but now I'm 2nd guessing myself...

They were really stupid to leave that car there. That's why I thought initially it was parked there as a diversion after the crime and disposal of the body occurred somewhere else, because it's just too stupid otherwise.

But I'm glad for HE's sake that they're not very bright.

DNA evidence found in the truck...

Very interesting...

GO LE! :thumb:

During the first presser held after the arrests there was mention by LE of DNA evidence ...and that was pretty much it.

Yes they mentioned sled helping process evidence, I just feel that with the way Horry County is handling this investigation that any mention of DNA would be via press conference after LE and the family have discussed the info first, JMO based on what we have seen so far!

(Cutting from Angie Pipkin lead story.)

Paula Curuso reporting...

"Robinson is the third person in Horry... [clears voice] Horry County charged with murder in a missing persons case in less than a month. Sidney and Tammy Moorer were arrested and charged with murder in the Heather Elvis case. The couple was arrested after a search of their property. Investigators say they found DNA evidence in one of the Moorer's vehicles. The two will have a bond hearing March 17th."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe blood, etc. was found in the trunk, if a truck has one? Or a place where a live person is unlikely to have been?

Agreed- or it was found in another vehicle SM did not drive...

Seems very odd that the revelation of such a significant piece of evidence would be tacked onto a story about a different missing person.

It could also be the media flapping its jaws beyond what was actually stated by LE (all they said after the arrests was that DNA was found at the property), so maybe we need to take it with a grain of salt. But logically, it makes no sense that they were at PTL with HE, and they killed her there, and no DNA made it into their vehicle, but it made it to their property.

So I think the vehicle story is true whether the media got it right or not. The media is like a broken clock sometimes. They get it right a couple of times a day whether they intend to or not. lol

Yes they mentioned sled helping process evidence, I just feel that with the way Horry County is handling this investigation that any mention of DNA would be via press conference after LE and the family have discussed the info first, JMO based on what we have seen so far!

And, you are correct! The statement referenced is being taken out of context. This is how rumors get started and it's difficult enough dealing with the facts.

LE had said that among the evidence, DNA was included, a few weeks back. Will try to find it.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804641/hcpd-couple-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

Here is the link where they said "yes" when asked about DNA a while back.

Not so sure that hair "death ring" is really being used by forensic labs...I know it came up in the Anthony trial but that is all I find when I google about it. JMO

My guess is that even without the hair in the equation, they have what they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic