SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T

<snipped by me>

All the talk of condition of their home reminds me of a time long ago where almost everyone my family knew had those plastic covers on the furniture that your body stuck to. As kids, we were told to not sit on the "good" furniture but you really did not want to anyway because of the thick plastic covers. LOL There was this 1 good living room that nobody used. And it seemed no company was ever good enough to take the covers off. They were on all the time. Like we were saving the furniture for a special event that never came. It was the "thing" way back all those years ago. I dont want to say the year but to give a hint. It was the same years when silver Chistmas trees were the "thing" and instead of christmas lights, we had that 3 color wheel that would shine 3 different colors on the tree as the plastic colored wheel spun around.

Those were the "days". LOL Great times though. I got my brand new bicycle with training wheels that year. LOL

Hatfield, you've got me actually laughing out loud. You wouldn't happen to be from the Batimore area, would you? I always thought it was a Baltimore thing. Maybe your family friend was my "bad grandmother" (even called her Grandmom ________ her last name"). That is the kind of relationship we had. She even had the plastic runners through the "formal rooms". Didn't dare ever step off that. hahaha Immaculate and beautiful home that was a facade for a woman that was very ugly on the inside. She buried four husbands; but, I think they died naturally. :eek:

Oh, thanks for this chuckle!

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66cc6880-a9eb-11e3-926a-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

Spoiled meat and moldy potatoes?? Eeeewww .... This article is pretty specific on the ruined food ... And it's not brown bananas. Yuck

snipped and BBM I wish we could see a copy of this report and try to unredact it LOL

Police photographed the home during the search. The report also says investigators learned something "which gave cause for concern during the investigation," but what was learned was redacted from the report.

The report concluded by saying the case would be forwarded to the Department of Social Services.

Timeline update! Found some new things to add and deleted most of the items prior to 2013 that simply state the M family visited WDW because that point has been made. They went there A LOT. The timeline is getting very long and we need the space for more enlightening info.

Underlined words and phrases are links to sources:

Mar 8, 1972: TM was born

Jan 14, 1976: SM was born

Dec 1982: TM's first trip to Walt Disney World, said she had not missed a year since

1990: TM graduated from Socastee High School

Jun 29, 1993: Heather was born

1995: SM graduated from Lord Berkeley Academy in Moncks Corner, SC

1995-1998: TM waited tables at the Hard Rock Cafe in Myrtle Beach

1997: SM's first trip to Walt Disney World

Mar 7, 1998: SM and TM were married.

Mar 1998: SM and TM honeymooned on a cruise and a trip to Walt Disney World

1999: TM and SM visited Walt Disney World with SM's family

Dec 28, 2001: SM and TM were grantees of a deed to 0.84 acres in Socastee

Nov 18, 2002: SM and TM were grantors of a deed to 0.84 acres in Socastee

Apr 20, 2008: On the Disboards, TM wrote that her parents were "very liberal" with her as a child and let her do whatever she wanted

Apr 23, 2008: TM wrote on the Disboards that she and SM owned their own companies, made a "#h%t(l@ad of money!" and lived in a huge house that she designed; she also wrote that she doesn't cook

Aug 20, 2008: On the Disboards, TM referred to herself as an "uptight paranoid private person"

Sep 22, 2008: SM received photo credit in a news article about the plane crash that injured Travis Barker and DJ Adam in Augusta, GA

Sep 24, 2008: TM wrote on the Disboards that she was "with them" a couple of hours before the plane crash that injured Travis Barker and DJ Adam, and that she sold photos of them to the press

Sep 25, 2008: TM wrote on the Disboards that her favorite Gavin DeGraw song was "Cheated On Me"

Sep 26, 2008: On the Disboards, TM cracked a joke about another board member's husband, "ALWAYS blame the MAN!"

Sep 12, 2009: SM was arrested for Shoplifting, Value $1,000 or Less

Sep 22, 2009: TM wrote on the Disboards that $300 was hard to come by at her house

Sep 28, 2009: SM was convicted of shoplifting and paid a $210 fine

Oct 2, 2009: TM wrote on the Disboards that she'd lost her "Disney magic" because their December WDW trip was off; someone who was supposed to buy tickets through her didn't so she didn't have money for the trip

Aug 6, 2010: TM wrote on the Disboards that she and her family went to Walt Disney World "once a year"

Sep 20, 2010: SM's business was placed on Angie's List

2011: Heather graduated from St James High School

Dec 12, 2011: SM, his father-in-law, and a neighbor were arrested after a physical altercation over a property line dispute

Oct 12, 2012: On the Disboards, TM wrote that half of her foot was missing due to a lawnmower accident when she was eight years old

Oct 21, 2012: In a post on the Disboards,TM called SM's mother "the evil queen" and mentioned using Florida resident and military discounts when booking their Disney trips

Oct 23, 2012: TM wrote on the Disboards that SM had a culinary arts degree from J&W, and that he specialized in lighting and design

Oct 23, 2012: TM wrote on the Disboards about her "rock'n'roll" past, the origin of her "photography thing," and her association with the One Tree Hill TV show

Oct 26, 2012: TM wrote on the disboards that she and SM built their own house from their own drawings

Oct 28, 2012: TM wrote on the Disboards that walking on the beach hurt her "lawnmower foot"

Nov 8, 2012: TM wrote on the Disboards that she and SM had cut her "monstrous in-laws" out of their lives and were having their best year since 1997

<Nov 17 2012: Heather began working at the Tilted Kilt

2013:

Feb 4: TM wrote on the Disboards that the Ms had just returned from another Disney cruise, booked at the last minute

Mar 24: Heather tweeted that she wanted to get a job as a Disney princess

Mar 25: Heather tweeted that she needed to be in Florida, couldn't stand the distance

Apr 22: Heather tweeted a picture of Mickey and Minnie rings and said she needed a man who needed them as much as she did

May 3: On the Disboards, TM complained about grown men in line with her during a Stars Wars weekend at Walt Disney World acting like they were "totally living out some weird fantasy"

May 6: On the Disboards, TM offered a free photos shoot to anyone who donated at least $50 toward SM's fundraising goal for the Disney charity event in Jan 2014

May 14: Heather tweeted the price of a one-way ticket to Thailand

May 15: Heather tweeted that she regularly downgraded to guys who didn't deserve her

May 16: Heather tweeted song lyrics, "I was born to be the other woman&#8230;"

Jun 12: Heather tweeted song lyrics, "I gots a taste for men who're older&#8230;"

Jun 27: Heather began working at the House of Blues

Jul 7: Heather tweeted about her attraction to "the guy who builds things at my job"

Jul 10: Heather tweeted that "Sydney will be there" so she had to make an appearance, later tweeting that she was in too deep but watch her get deeper

Jul 24: Heather tweeted "prego my eggo"; after a friend reacted to this, Heather responded, "you know I kidddddd &#9829;"

Jul 28: Heather posted that she was "In a Relationship" on her Facebook page

Aug 30-Sept 4: The M family visited Walt Disney World

Sep 3: Heather tweeted that there was nothing for her in Myrtle Beach and she needed to go somewhere new

Sep 5: Last post by TM (OneTreeHillAddict) found on the Disboards

Sep 21: Heather tweeted a quote from a book, The Daughter of Smoke and Bone: "Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well."

Nov 5: Heather tweeted "66 days" on Twitter, and retweeted a Daniel Tosh quote about "married fellas" cheating on or murdering their wives

Nov 29: Heather's last tweet on her public Twitter account

Dec 4/5: Heather moved into the apartment with BW

Dec 13: Heather's last Facebook post

Dec 15: The last day Heather worked a shift at The Tilted Kilt

Dec 16: The last time TE saw Heather

Tuesday, Dec 17:

&#8226; Heather picked up mail from her parents' house

&#8226; 4:18pm: Heather made a purchase at the Kangaroo gas station on Mr Joe White Avenue

&#8226; 4:34pm: Heather made a purchase at McDonalds off International Drive

&#8226; 7:00pm: Date with SS, age 21, of Murrells Inlet; dinner at a Mexican restaurant, driving around looking at Christmas lights

&#8226; 10:43pm: Heather texted TE a pic of herself driving SS's truck at Inlet Square Mall

Wednesday, Dec 18:

&#8226; <1:44am: SS dropped Heather off at her apartment, said she didn't answer any calls during their date, she was in a good mood but tired, not crying or upset

&#8226; 1:44am: Heather called her roommate BW, who was away on Christmas break, said she had a great time on her date but was crying and upset after call from SM

1:53-2:09am: Ten posts were made to Heather's Tumblr

&#8226; 2:00am: Calls/texts between Heather's and SM's phones began per LE

&#8226; 3:41am: Last communication on Heather's phone per TE

&#8226; 6:00am: Last calls/texts between Heather's and SM's phones per LE

Thursday, Dec 19:

&#8226; 5:47pm: Heather's locked car was found abandoned at Peachtree Landing; her purse and cell phone were not inside

&#8226; 7:00pm: TE repeatedly tried to call Heather, but her phone went directly to voice mail

&#8226; 8:39pm: The abandoned vehicle call officially became a missing persons case

&#8226; 11:10pm: TE filed a missing person report

Friday, Dec 20:

&#8226; A search was conducted by LE on the Waccamaw River with a dive team, helicopters and boats

&#8226; 4:00pm Heather didn't show up for work at the Tilted Kilt

&#8226; SM told LE he hadn't seen Heather since October, said he last spoke to her by phone on the 18th and told her to quit calling him

Dec 22-Jan 17: At least four harassment complaints were filed by members of the M household

Dec 24: Cue Center asked boaters and fishermen to help search for Heather

Dec 28: Earliest public mention found of Heather's affair with a married man, in a comment on the Horry County PD Facebook page

Dec 29: CUE Center, helicopters, and volunteers conducted a search for Heather

Dec 31: TE posted a sorrowful message on Find Heather Elvis about Heather

2014:

Jan 3-5: Volunteers were asked to join in searches for Heather over the weekend

Jan 4: Volunteers set up a tip tent near the swing bridge on Dick Pond Road

Jan 10: Volunteers set up a tip tent near Heather's apartment

Jan 11-12: Cue Center conducted a weekend search for Heather

Jan 11: SM participated in a half marathon at Walt Disney World

Jan 14: The redacted police report regarding Heather's disappearance was published by Horry County News

Jan 17: Article written by TE was published by xojane

Jan 17: TM posted on Facebook that her husband had had an affair with Heather, and complained that Heather's family members were harassing them

Jan 22: Heather's father confirmed that he had spoken with SS, the young man who took her out on a date the evening before she vanished

Jan 28: BB and GS were arrested and charged with obstructing justice resulting from misleading Facebook posts and searches and interviews without LE approval

Feb 4: TE reported to LE that two men in a black Jeep drove by his place of business and yelled at him, &#8220;We already have Heather, [Heather's sister] is next&#8221;

Feb 6: The Horry County police chief said over a dozen search warrants had been executed since Dec 18, and several polygraphs had been administered

Feb 6: SM reported to LE that someone in a light-colored truck fired two shots at his vehicle on Ocean Highway

Feb 11: When a WMBF reporter knocked on his door, SM claimed his attorney wouldn't let him speak about the case

Feb 20: SM reported to LE that two men in a white truck pointed a shotgun at him in a parking lot on Kings Highway

Feb 20: TM complained about harassment on her FB page, threatening to file charges "against everyone we possibly can"

Friday, Feb 21:

&#8226; 7:30am: LE executed search warrants at the Moorer home; SM and TM were arrested, each on charges of Obstruction of Justice and two counts of Indecent Exposure

&#8226; 8:50am: TM was booked into the J Reuben Long Detention Center

&#8226; 11:00am: SM was booked into the J Reuben Long Detention Center

Feb 22: Bond hearings were held and bonds were set at $20,000 each; TM posted bond but holds were placed on both pending additional charges

Feb 23: SM and TM were charged with kidnapping Heather

Feb 24: SM and TM were charged with Heather's murder

Feb 24: The Horry County police chief stated that the HCPD had been monitoring TM's and SM's social media pages and had coordinated with other LE agencies to monitor them when they traveled out of the area after Heather's disappearance

Feb 26: TM was reportedly moved to the Georgetown County Detention Center

Feb 27-28: LE staged a forensic reenactment and search at PTL and the Waccamaw River

Mar 6: The Berkeley Observer reported that, according to an unnamed source, SM had first met TM in a strip club and that his parents didn't approve of his "life style"

Mar 11: It was reported that during the Feb 21 raid on the Moorer home, LE found conditions in the house "unsanitary" and in "complete disarray nearly in an unlivable manner"

I hope hundreds of Legos scattered around the floor aren't cause for DCS, because if they are, I'm screwed.

To me it seems as TM is lazy and sloppy. You don't go from clean to leaving food out and maggots and such. This is what they are probably used to.

HELLO, princesses do not clean house!

Respectfully snipped & BBM this maybe another possible clue into her mental state. Although depression, stress, anxiety could cause someone to not be able to function with day to day activities, the description of rotting meat, mold on cooked potatoes, trash on the counters & floor this also makes me not think this happened just over the last couple months. Food for thought.

The Signs of a Sociopath:

A sociopath is like a psychopath, only is impulsive, reckless, loves a high degree of chaos (to their hurt, since chaos hinders getting other things they want and want to keep) and like narcissists, are scatterminded, have a short attention span, are shallow, avoid work because of either the physical pain and exhaustion it causes, or if it requires a “painful” amount of thinking and patience. They avoid helping others, which can seem like laziness, but is really about their lack of concern for the well-being of others. They are also more likely to be messy and disorganized than a psychopath or narcissist or mentally healthy person.

Would the reports have specifically mentioned hoarding if that's what it was, I wonder? My knowledge is obviously limited to what I've seen on the TLC show, but I wouldn't be surprised, as others have said, if that was the case with the M's. A lot of the houses featured on that show looked normal from the outside. But things had already started spilling out of the M's house into the back/side yards.

I keep mentioning my college roommate who reminds me of TM and her relationship with SM in pretty much every possible way (to my retrospective terror) and I'm never sure how much backstory to give.. oh well. She had some "collecting" tendencies. Multiple giant crates underneath her queen-sized bed filled with things like shoes and swimsuits from middle school that followed her on all 4 house moves, thrift store knickknacks, pets and people to love her, things from random curbs, etc (she also stole small things from us on the last move..) At the end of the day it was a *control* thing, like everything else. The justification for not throwing anything away was always "I might need it again one day" because the alternative would be "You made me throw it away, even though I knew I would need it."

I'm sorry I keep finding excuses to go armchair :blushing:, but I'm just so interested in what makes people like this tick, and so curious about what kinds of expectations were set and what routines were at play in the M's house. All JMO. I doubt anything will be confirmed or explained much further.

A good read about/for people with BPD loved ones, semi o/t: Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder: Paul Mason MS, Randi Kreger: 9781572246904

Everyone seems to be assuming that TM perhaps was a dancer at the strip club where she met SM. But perhaps, since he supposedly wanted to be a model, SM was stripping? :scared:

Of course, it could be that neither was a stripper and they were there for reasons such as he was at a bachelor party and she was with a group of friends for whatever reasons, and they met through mutual friends while there for separate gatherings. :blushing:

*Snipped for brevity*

Friday, Feb 21:

&#8226; 7:30am: LE executed search warrants at the Moorer home; SM and TM were arrested, each on charges of Obstruction of Justice and two counts of Indecent Exposure

&#8226; 8:50am: TM was booked into the J Reuben Long Detention Center

&#8226; 11:00am: SM was booked into the J Reuben Long Detention Center

Feb 22: Bond hearings were held and bonds were set at $20,000 each; TM posted bond but holds were placed on both pending additional charges

Feb 23: SM and TM were charged with kidnapping Heather

Feb 24: SM and TM were charged with Heather's murder

*Snipped for brevity*

Thanks for posting. Someone previously posted incorrect dates for the kidnapping and murder charges. IMO

Most people say the closest "big" city when someone asks where they are from. It's not unusual, and is just easier to say a place that most people have heard of, than some random suburb or small town.
True. You say you're from Renton and people say what? You say Seattle and suddenly they know where it is.

On the Disboards, TM referred to Charleston as "Sidney's home town," but Charleston and Summerville are about 30 minutes apart. Maybe because being "from Charleston" has more cachet than being from a town no one in other parts of the country ever heard of?

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Single Post - Insert Catchy Title Here - An August PTR

I live in Summerville, I was born here in the old hospital which is now a county building. When people ask where I'm from, I say Summerville. If they look confused I'll tell them it's right next to Charleston :wink:

I have to confess to a disordered house as well...I am pretty much disabled by arthritis and a few faulty discs and since it has progressed, the house has...deteriorated, as far as how it looks. Mostly, it is just messy, i.e my husband sleeps days and mostly in the main den, so he tends to keep most of his wardrobe in there... And he has papers everywhere for his side business. And he won't let me touch any of that. And then we have a room just full of junk...I need a junk guy to come and fill up a truck one of these days, but with him trying to sleep, it is impossible to schedule things like that. None of the rooms are as I would like them, but on the other hand, no food or garbage-related items in the house and I clean kitty's box daily, painful as it is...

What I do not understand-well,among other things-is why the big new house? Why have a big new house and let it become a pit in no time?

O/T... but...

I DO remember all the nostalgia you are sharing...

and... My best friend next door and I would synchronize our color wheels so that the same colors would be shining on our silver tinsel Christmas trees at the same time...

:christmastree: :christmastree:

OT

Ah Ha !! "TINSEL" I couldnt remember what it was called and that was it. The Silver Tinsel Tree where every year when we took it down we would find strands of silver tinsel around the house for the next 3 or 4 months. :)

O/T

Hatfield, you've got me actually laughing out loud. You wouldn't happen to be from the Batimore area, would you? I always thought it was a Baltimore thing. Maybe your family friend was my "bad grandmother" (even called her Grandmom ________ her last name"). That is the kind of relationship we had. She even had the plastic runners through the "formal rooms". Didn't dare ever step off that. hahaha Immaculate and beautiful home that was a facade for a woman that was very ugly on the inside. She buried four husbands; but, I think they died naturally. :eek:

Oh, thanks for this chuckle!

OT
Oh Yea, we had those thick plastic floor runners too. They were notorious for jumping out and tripping us running kids as we ran through the house. ROFLMA

Glad to be able to jog some memories for a few of us. Really special times those were. :)

ETA - We did live in the East so maybe it was an East Coast thing. I even had a "Granny Grunt" so we very well may be related. LOL

Travelbug, I am so sorry for your loss. :(

I agree...I went through a rough time where my life felt turned upside down and inside out. Prior to this, I kept a clean house, managed our bills and cared for our children. The house was the first to slip...and it just gets worse and worse until you feel helpless and unsure of where to even start. Everything overwhelms you, you often feel hopeless.
(snipped)

I am not much of a housekeeper myself but I find flylady to be helpful. I don't always do the daily missions but they are a place to start and only take about 15 minutes. The zone a week concept is very helpful.

http://www.flylady.net/
http://www.flylady.net/c/sp.php#missions

When I saw the pic of the stuffed animals on that staircase, i thought that it was a fake staircase. No one could walk on it with all those animals. It looks like there is a wall at the top. There even looks like painters tape around the top. JMO

according to TM that staircase pix w/stuffed animals was just for that ONE party that ONE day. She said something like "we go all out for parties here"

I just have to say that everyone has different levels of comfort with how their house is. I've been in houses so clean you could eat off the floor, and the people who lived there had diagnosed OCD. You also could not be comfortable in their house, put down a drink, eat an entire meal without someone sweeping up under you during the meal, so that doesn't mean clean is better. I have a friend who is a clutterbug. She picks up her clutter and cleans under it, but her house always looks like a bomb went off in it. A clean bomb. Then there is our house. I'd better make sure I never get arrested for anything in my house. There's always a chance that the loaf of bread that no one has touched in a week is starting to mold in the bread box. Some loaves last longer than others, and we don't eat bread every day. where you can put your feet up on the furniture.

Respectfully snipped by me
I b m
Ghostwheel, this is just a really great post. thank you
You have such a great way with words. :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics