SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally found this. I kept thinking I had read about LE collecting and going through surveillance video somewhere...

Nancy Grace interview with Heather's parents on 1/6/14:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/06/ng.01.html

DEBBIE ELVIS, MOTHER: I`m not sure if there was at her apartment. I know the police department, Horry County police and all the different agencies that are working with them, have looked for every surveillance video that she might have been in prior to her going missing, and then again after. And they`ve got help going through the hours and hours of surveillance video that they`ve collected.

O/T... but...

I DO remember all the nostalgia you are sharing...

and... My best friend next door and I would synchronize our color wheels so that the same colors would be shining on our silver tinsel Christmas trees at the same time...

:christmastree: :christmastree:

COUSIN MARE? :floorlaugh:
That was a great Christmas memory for me.
A silver tree and color wheel!
sorry for OT. :blushing:

so TM not much of a housekeeper...........what about chef SM, rotting meat and moding potatoes???
Outside animal feces.......what about SM also doing his share??
[modsnip]
I bet ALLOT of fighting went on in that house in the last few months.
Everything went downhill after the murder also.......
they got paranoid........
TM probably was reading, posting and literally lived on computer trying to figure out what to do next.
[modsnip]

It seems funny (odd) how TM did everything she could to deflect against any connection to Heather but it appears once they returned from the mid-December CA trip everything revolved around her since the evening of the 17th. With food rotting in the kitchen there wasn't likely any cooking going on, no cleaning if the rooms were described as 'unliveable', and now that they're charged with her murder, they'll probably never have a day when they don't think of her in some form or fashion. Besides whatever punishment is doled out in the court system, I think that's some pretty just desserts.

It seems funny (odd) how TM did everything she could to deflect against any connection to Heather but it appears once they returned from the mid-December CA trip everything revolved around her since the evening of the 17th. With food rotting in the kitchen there wasn't likely any cooking going on, no cleaning if the rooms were described as 'unliveable', and now that they're charged with her murder, they'll probably never have a day when they don't think of her in some form or fashion. Besides whatever punishment is doled out in the court system, I think that's some pretty just desserts.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see it that way. :blushing:

IMHOO TM did everything TO CONNECT with Heather.
I mean seriously, I know a few wives whose husband cheated on them and the last thing the wives wanted was to even acknowledge the affair.....
much less announce it on some dis blog or fb or any other SM.
TM knew exactly what she was doing... imhoo

c b m

I was just watching a re-run on a case of a missing girl from back in 2012. 2 teen girls murdered their friend - and despite all LE efforts - her body wasn't found for months later - and only after one of the girls involved confessed. It was 30 miles from where she lived. (they too, used a hollow log and leaves. Hearing that made me think of all the posts folks have made on here about using hollowed out trees).....

I pray this isn't what happens with Heather. However - if 2 teen girls can commit murder and leave the body (and murder weapon and evidence) hidden --- then all the talk we've done here about 'how well thought out' it would need to be is just nothing more than talk. Unfortunately - 30 miles into any of the many woods or water areas near here -- well, it just make me really sad.

Is it weird if deep inside of me I'm hoping that Heather is still alive somewhere? Cuz I really want her to be! I pray every single day.....

Do you have a link for this? I have only seen LE state that they were both arrested at their home and booked at the same prison but TM was booked a couple of hours before SM.

I have been looking for a link to where I read that, but haven't been able to located it. All of the 2/21 news articles were updated after the charges were released. What I remember from following news feeds on the day was finding out TM was taken into custody and then waiting for news of SM also being arrested. The first info, as I recall, said "TM was also taken into custody at a later time and a different location". At the time I thought perhaps he was still in the hospital, I continued to think that until yesterday when we heard that all 5 were in the same bedroom. I guess it will have to just be considered a rumor.

I just have to say that everyone has different levels of comfort with how their house is. I've been in houses so clean you could eat off the floor, and the people who lived there had diagnosed OCD. You also could not be comfortable in their house, put down a drink, eat an entire meal without someone sweeping up under you during the meal, so that doesn't mean clean is better. I have a friend who is a clutterbug. She picks up her clutter and cleans under it, but her house always looks like a bomb went off in it. A clean bomb. Then there is our house. I'd better make sure I never get arrested for anything in my house. There's always a chance that the loaf of bread that no one has touched in a week is starting to mold in the bread box. Some loaves last longer than others, and we don't eat bread every day. If we have bacon sandwiches for dinner, sometimes the bacon grease is still hot when we go to bed and doesn't get dumped until the next morning (we often don't eat until 10PM). If the dishwasher is running and was full, there will be a stack of dirty dishes next to the sink. And if it just so happens that it's the day before we clean the 3 X 5 foot three level cage with five guinea pigs, it's pretty disgusting. To top it all off, there is often some kind of science experiment on the counter in our house(we still have a beetle that lived for over a year that was a science project that is in a box waiting to be buried), or in the fridge (the skull made out of clay sitting in the fridge during a heat wave is a classic). And then other days we look like everybody else. It'd just be embarrassing to get caught on one of our bad days.

This is not to say that the Moorer's house might not have been over the top, but the whole family being in one room under the circumstances-not weird to me. Guns being out due to the circumstances-not weird to me. Food rotting on the counter-that depends on how long and how much was there. A single half a sandwich that had only been there since the night before-not a big deal. A weeks worth of stuff with maggots-that's something else. And everyone has their own version of what an "unlivable" room looks like. (Again, my clutterbug friend's children's rooms drove me insane, but didn't bother her or her family at all.) My child's robot project in a box on the kitchen table for a week might be another person's squalor. All JMO. But I don't like a spotless house. I like one where you can put your feet up on the furniture.

This is an excellent post, GW! Sometimes the blinders are put on with regards to the differences in lifestyle choices. I definitely fall into the "eat off my floor" category BUT I've been known to...

This is embarrassing...

If I'm engrossed in a WS thread, and the dryer finishes, I run over, turn it on air fluff, and run back to WS.

I've got some shrunken clothes from when I used to put it on high heat (for the second time) but I learned my lesson.

Air fluff. I'm so lazy.

Thanks for the perspective GW you're totally right, it's all up to our particular choices.

Sent from my KFTHWI

I will agree with others that while TM/SM may have been lazy and hoarders, there is also a possibility that depression and just finally breaking were part of it.

When my ex husband left for me for his much younger co-worker, I went through a bout of depression I thought would never end. Having to find work, caer for 6 kids under the age of 14, bills, the house etc etc., the one area I let go was the house. The laundry room went first, the mounds of laundry reminded me every day of what a failure I was. Before this I had a very very clean house. I cleaned everyday. As soon as the kids clothes came off for baths, it went in the washer. When they went to bed I cleaned floors and kitchen and bathrooms. I was embarrassed and allowed no one in the house. It just was too much and when it started to pile up it, wow...it really was too much for me.

Thankfully, I was able to get back on track. It started to go downhill within the first 2 months. It was really bad by month 3/4.

Not defending them in any way, and am assuming that it could be that they normally lived like that, yet am open enough with a life experience that tells me there is another option.

Kelly

I absolutely agree with you. I hope Heather haunts every thought, every moment, every day. How dare they keep silent about what they've done and where Heather is.
Yes...Where is Heather?

I will agree with others that while TM/SM may have been lazy and hoarders, there is also a possibility that depression and just finally breaking were part of it.

When my ex husband left for me for his much younger co-worker, I went through a bout of depression I thought would never end. Having to find work, caer for 6 kids under the age of 14, bills, the house etc etc., the one area I let go was the house. The laundry room went first, the mounds of laundry reminded me every day of what a failure I was. Before this I had a very very clean house. I cleaned everyday. As soon as the kids clothes came off for baths, it went in the washer. When they went to bed I cleaned floors and kitchen and bathrooms. I was embarrassed and allowed no one in the house. It just was too much and when it started to pile up it, wow...it really was too much for me.

Thankfully, I was able to get back on track. It started to go downhill within the first 2 months. It was really bad by month 3/4.

Not defending them in any way, and am assuming that it could be that they normally lived like that, yet am open enough with a life experience that tells me there is another option.

Kelly

WOW, you must have been physically, mentally and spiritually exhausted. What a difficult experience. Congratulations on moving beyond that sad point in your life. No one would have guessed what my house was like. I had always been extremely neat and organized. My work environment was spotless and people I worked with even teased me about my penchant for organization.

I do agree with everyone who believes TM lived her life in mental and physical chaos. [modsnip].

Kelly

God Bless You. I can't even imagine how difficult that must have been for you. :loveyou:

I think it's human nature to huddle together when you feel threatened. I remember riding out a hurricane once...the entire family camped in the family room...really didn't serve much purpose lol...safety in numbers...I wish I could blame my kids and say they were freaked out but that was only part of it...I was freaked out too.

This is an excellent post, GW! Sometimes the blinders are put on with regards to the differences in lifestyle choices. I definitely fall into the "eat off my floor" category BUT I've been known to...

This is embarrassing...

If I'm engrossed in a WS thread, and the dryer finishes, I run over, turn it on air fluff, and run back to WS.

I've got some shrunken clothes from when I used to put it on high heat (for the second time) but I learned my lesson.

Air fluff. I'm so lazy.

Thanks for the perspective GW you're totally right, it's all up to our particular choices.

Sent from my KFTHWI

Don't feel bad! I toss a small cupful of water on the dry, wrinkly clothes and turn the dryer back on (medium heat) again. A few times I've had to repeat this procedure on the same pile of laundry! :blushing:

God Bless You. I can't even imagine how difficult that must have been for you. :loveyou:

Thank you. It was a difficult time.

I do think that TM just did not have normal coping skills on a normal basis. If I did not have coping skills that allowed me to look around and say o.k. a little everyday, I don't think I would have gotten passed it.

The whole disboards, WDW, rock starts etc...her life was what she thought it was. But, how the world viewed her was totally different, she just didn't see that. I mean, just from those who commented on her threads, you can tell they could see through it. Yet, she acted like they didn't.

It was awfully strange to me.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members