SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, back to #1, where is Heather!
And to add to your comment about the rotting meat. I don't know how long it takes to rot, but I do wonder if the heat was turned up quite high in the house considering the cold weather that Myrtle Beach had, and that is unusual weather I presume for the area, and they might not be used to it.
So leaving food out might tend to spoil quicker??
IMOO.

Yes, the weather was QUITE cold here, and our heat ran quite a bit. BUT - would that have much to do with it? My heat ran a lot this winter and couldn't quite keep up many days, to be honest. I might have had it set to 70, but it was still 67 when I would wake up. Many houses were like that this year. Houses down here aren't built for cold and neither are the HVAC systems. My home was built three years ago, and it had trouble keeping up. If that makes sense...

Also, remember that valentine's day was only a week prior to the search. The last ice storm was two days prior to valentine's day, so the 12th. The daytime highs were much warmer beginning valentine day and beyond.

I just don't know how long things take to spoil and get moldy if left out in the open, I guess? I just wonder how long it was there??? Certainly several days, a week, more?

And the rotting food must have smelled bad, too....
And that didn't bother them??
Strange!!
IMOO.

A little off topic, but if I have something for the "parking lot," how do I find it? I have info with no link to credible sources, and I think that info goes in the parking lot?

And the rotting food must have smelled bad, too....
And that didn't bother them??
Strange!!
IMOO.

If they didnt smell it, they were likely used to it like the people on hoarders.They are in the stench daily so they are used to it. :puke:

The report also says investigators learned something "which gave cause for concern during the investigation," but what was learned was redacted from the report.
(
above quote from http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66cc6880-a9eb-11e3-926a-0017a43b2370.html)

This really piques my interest. Obviously, the search was a component of the investigation into Heather's disappearance/murder, that's a given. But, I wonder what they found that was a cause for concern? Relative to what? Heather? Or, were they speaking from a DCFS/Child Protective Services standpoint? ([modsnip], just wondering whether this statement is regarding the home/family, or Heather...)

Interesting.

Because of poor interpretations and loose wording by our local press, I have learned not to read Into things that they say too overly much.

But because this quote came from LE, I feel a little more confident reading between the lines. They (for the most part) think before they speak, and choose their words carefully, especially when talking to the media.

I take the quote as something was a cause for concern at the investigation of the house itself. Now what that could be, your guesses are as good as mine. Could have been the filth. Could have been something else. I have a few assumptions, but I will keep those to myself. I truly have no idea.

And I also could be wrong. If this was coming from the reporters mouth, I wouldn't even take a stab at trying to infer what they meant. But coming from LE, to me, that holds more weight.

Again, I could be wrong. This specific quote also piqued my interest, so I paid special attention to it. This is just my take on it.

MOO.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 running a custom ROM (PAC-MAN4) and kernel (Quantum 3.4.83) on android 4.4.2

A little off topic, but if I have something for the "parking lot," how do I find it? I have info with no link to credible sources, and I think that info goes in the parking lot?

go to our front page,scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the parking lot. hth

Keeping a house clean is a lot to contend with, when depressed, physically unable, etc...
I find myself daydreaming about a small, new apartment, somewhere...

So true...I bet you don't get on social media and pretend that you, your house or even your family are something other than what they truly are though. That's where is becomes disturbing..and the old meat/moldy food..ew! That is something else entirely, if you ask me ;)

It's posts/responses like this that really makes me feel like this is a community rather than just a thread. Don't get me wrong - we are all here first and foremost because we've fallen in love with Heather and the whole of the Elvis family and we long for her to come home and justice to prevail. But, in the midst of it, we share...we open our hearts...we find understanding and healing and acceptance...and conspiring (ha!). I am glad I stopped lurking. Y'all have been good for my heart. Thank you.

Now come home, Heather.

Oh sarabean....i have a confession!
I wash and re-wash the same load of laundry sometimes. I do the same with the dishwasher ! (It's WS' fault!). I feel better now.
What? Noone else has done that?

:loveyou:

I doubt they were lazy or hoarders.

Folie a Deux: SM and TM are sick people. Under a moderate amount of stress, they most likely handled their mental illnesses reasonably well, though they probably took turns pushing each other's buttons and knocking each other off kilter. The affair being the latest case in point. I think they were decompensating, probably alternating between raging at each other and having marathon sex in the weeks and months following the discovery of the affair in October. They may have become paranoid and their ability to cope, function and maintain their lives unraveled. I think this is what led up to the murder. They may have been delusional and convinced each other that HE's retweet in November was a threat against TM's life and that TM was not safe while HE was alive, or the meeting with HE was an attempt to have SM profess his love for TM in front of TM and HE , but the confrontation erupted in violence and things went terribly wrong from there. TM's mug shot looks like a psychotic break to me. The state of the house is even more evidence to support this theory.

This is a tragic case- for HE, her family, and the M's children- all victims.

This was preventable with the proper diagnosis and treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but maybe those are the terms a dispatcher used AFTER hearing whatever the calling party said. I do believe originally it was a woman referred to as the caller...

I am a 911 dispatcher and we have to type what the callers says.

Hi all. Been trying to keep up the past few days but I'm no longer too sick to carry on with my life, lol, so needless to say I've been busy trying to get back into the swing of things and while I would rather be here since this case occupies so much of my mind, I have to carry on with my own stuff. (laundry. ..lots and lots of laundry...and 3 birthdays, 2 Dr appts., yada yada.) :rolleyes:

Since the report surfaced about living conditions, I have been struggling for something to say, and honestly I am still at a loss for words. Yes, I can understand a mess. Heck my own house feels like a minor Hades to me right now because of my being out of town and then coming home too sick to do anything but breathe, but it's still clean enough that if my in laws dropped in, I wouldn't be worried to let them through the door (although I probably panic if they went near my room, lol).

IMO This doesn't sound like it was a recent turn of events. If rotten food was not normal, then someone would take the initiative to clean it up. There were people all old enough to run a dishwasher in that house and if they were used to it being clean, they would pitch in. I know my family does. I may not like how they do it sometimes (hubby is like "look, I did all the laundry!" and I'm thinking...Whites and darks together? At once? You washed my cashmere?! Can you fold as you pull them out of the dryer or must they all go in a mountainous pile in front of our bed?...anyway, I digress) but my point is that things get that way because everyone is used to it and no one cares because it is the norm. If it wasn't something the family was used to, someone would have tended to it. Does that make sense?

The pictures of the front of their house remind me of a old neighbor we had that had the most beautiful gardens in her yard, but the inside of her house was a nightmare. My daughters never wanted to play there because of the mess. When TM and I became friendlier and discussed future meet ups, they were always elsewhere. I had invited her family to my home but was never invited to theirs. I got a "we will meet you if you come to MB" but no invitation to visit with them there. This makes me think even more so that while conditions may be worse now, they were not unusual.

I hope we hear more about the inside of the house, not because I want to examine the mess, but I have an idea niggling in the back of my brain that there may be more to the unlivable conditions upstairs.

The fact that LE learned something that caused concern and that certain members of the M family are working with the investigation leads me to believe some people do know a lot more and because of who they are, it could be ages before we know a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like we are just fed enough to keep us talking and speculating. I hope we get way more than that Monday.

Heather needs to be found. :(

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Just caught up.

First I think that they were all sleeping in one room out of fear. That seems like a normal reaction.

Second I think the house appears in disarray out of panic

IMO someone guilty or not guilty but accused would likely sleep in one room out of fear for their safety BUT someone not guilty would not let their life fall apart and into such disarray but someone guilty and knowing the end is near would cause panic and disarray.

I think this is the case because their house did not appear to be in that situation when LE visited earlier, shows signs of guilt to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh sarabean....i have a confession!
I wash and re-wash the same load of laundry sometimes. I do the same with the dishwasher ! (It's WS' fault!). I feel better now.
What? Noone else has done that?

:loveyou:
You do it too...phewww!! Makes me feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one. Do you forget to add laundry detergent sometimes *cause you're in that much of a hurry to get back to viewing threads/posts on Websleuths* which is why re-washng is required? Me too!! :floorlaugh: After reading several posts on this thread I'm quite proud of myself really, because I actually hang my washing outside on the line albeit at 4 o'clock in the afternoon! :floorlaugh:

I keep a spray bottle of water to use on my wrinkled clothes...back in the dryer. Note to self, left go of 100% cotton.

Do NOT let go of your 100% cotton. We may be wrinkly, but we are so comfortable! And it's breathable...aaaahhh. :floorlaugh:

Back to Heather...I know this has probably been discussed already, at length, but I'm a little behind.

Why are they releasing this now? What is this adding to the investigation?

The fact that LE learned something that caused concern and that certain members of the M family are working with the investigation leads me to believe some people do know a lot more and because of who they are, it could be ages before we know a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like we are just fed enough to keep us talking and speculating. I hope we get way more than that Monday.

Heather needs to be found. :(

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Above RSBM for space and BBM:

I'm so sorry but I have to go to work now and the above jumped out at me. Can you please tell me when/where it came out that some of the M family is working with LE? I apologize for not going back and figuring it out, but I really appreciate it if you could bring the link forward. TIA. :loveyou:

It would be interesting to know how long the family had that living arrangement. Might explain to some extent, all the sex in public places.

Although with the guns around and all in one room it could be a recent thing from fear and paranoia of retaliation.

I think this paragraph from the WMBF article is causing confusion. It is poorly written.

"This information was forwarded to the Department of Social Services for further investigation. DSS confirmed that the Moorers' three children are safe, and they are involved in the investigation with Horry County Police."

I interpret this to mean DSS is involved in the investigation. I think others may interpret this to say the children are involved in the investigation. Who is "they"?
If "they" are DSS it should have stated DSS is involved with the investigation . . .and they confirm the Ms three children are safe. Then it's clear who is involved in the investigation. Who knows who they meant? I doubt it would be printed that the children were involved in the investigation. JMO

Someone said it in a comment on the article. "I think she snapped." I would agree with that sentiment. The guns out in the open? I'm thinking extreme paranoia. Brought on by their being "shot at" or their being "shot at" being a delusion from the paranoia? I'm so glad they're locked up so that others "are safe".

I guess my issue with "snapped" is that when I think of someone snapping...I think of them suddenly losing it and exploding but I'm sure it's different for different people. Watching TM post pics of SM posing with his gun,medal and smiling from ear to ear, commenting about how sexy he looks,doesn't strike me as someone who snapped and is now terrified and in a panic. It reminded me of the first rant that she posted under the pic of their house. Her comment was...I have something for you. Come get it. <3.......Her comments and pics come off as a taunt to me but maybe that's how TM behaves when she's afraid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar