SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Tammy's vacay business... Is it normal for an employee of a major company to be administrative contact for another person's business? Maybe said employee is an outside contractor for a data system of sorts, therefore can use whatever email they want? I'm asking not because I think they play a part, but I'm confused as to why its listed like this on Tammy's company's data as this person appears to be with Brookdale Senior Living. So, would that not be the company's (Brookdale) email? & what about that TN address? I'm confused. Could there be more than one Tammy's Magical Vacations, therefore two Tammys? Just trying to be thorough...

http://wa-com.com/tammysmagicalvacations.com

I've brought that up before and someone said it was normal, but I don't understand it. I tried to search to forum to find you the response that I got, but nothing came up--not sure why.

I don't think the most fervent DSM adherent could/would identify what is going on with TM based on her mug shot. And I'm not sure what would constitute "proper diagnosis and treatment", or that we can say either would have stopped these two from murdering Heather.

But I do think if a lawyer thought a photograph of TM could convince a judge that TM was experiencing a 'break', TM would have been placed in a psych facility by now, not a jail.

I can well imagine that if the evidence against these two is sufficiently damning, the attorneys, or perhaps one of them, will come up with a mental illness defense. And TM and SM will enjoy a similar protracted legal circus that the Aurora shooter now enjoys, while the victims are further victimized.

I think a board of doctors has to approve the mental illness defense before it can be used in a courtroom. Not guilty by reason of insanity is not allowed as a verdict just because the lawyers want it to be. I cannot see that happening here.

I've brought that up before and someone said it was normal, but I don't understand it. I tried to search to forum to find you the response that I got, but nothing came up--not sure why.

Thanks. I remember you did. I did too, in the first or second thread, but I don't understand the explanation of it being normal. How is it normal for a person working for a different major company to use that email address for contact regarding a travel business that isn't even theirs?

Also, when did Tammy start Tammy's Magical Vacations and Tammy's Magical Travel? Are they two separate entities or was there a name change? She used both titles. The website for her http://tammysmagicalvacations.com/ is down.

I think a board of doctors has to approve the mental illness defense before it can be used in a courtroom. Not guilty by reason of insanity is not allowed as a verdict just because the lawyers want it to be. I cannot see that happening here.

I keep wondering if Tammy can get away with a temporary insanity defense. I wonder if they'll try to go that route, especially if Sidney was telling her one thing while doing another all along.

Thanks. I remember you did. I did too, in the first or second thread, but I don't understand the explanation of it being normal. How is it normal for a person working for a different major company to use that email address for contact regarding a travel business that isn't even theirs?

Also, when did Tammy start Tammy's Magical Vacations and Tammy's Magical Travel? Are they two separate entities or was there a name change? She used both titles. The website for her http://tammysmagicalvacations.com/ is down.

According to the domain history on your link, Tammy's Magical Vacations was registered 5/13/2013.

According to the domain history on your link, Tammy's Magical Vacations was registered 5/13/2013.

I know. I'm wondering why the use of two names and when that came about. All that date on the whois data suggests is when the domain went live. Maybe it was with another before? Idk. Trying to figure out how normal it is for the admin to be listed like this. It seems weird to me bc of the email provided as well as the address.

I don't believe an insanity defense or verdict would happen. I'm not even sure such a verdict will happen for the Aurora shooter, given his initial preference of pleading guilty to avoid the death penalty. I'm saying I don't see a mug shot or a filthy house as diagnostic data, and, the attorneys here will do what they can to save their clients from the most severe penalty, so re-inventing SM or TM as a sympathetic figure would not be surprising.

I don't believe an insanity defense or verdict would happen. I'm not even sure such a verdict will happen for the Aurora shooter, given his initial preference of pleading guilty to avoid the death penalty. I'm saying I don't see a mug shot or a filthy house as diagnostic data, and, the attorneys here will do what they can to save their clients from the most severe penalty, so re-inventing SM or TM as a sympathetic figure would not be surprising.

I wonder if the defense will bring SM past affairs, if any, as an argument that this happened before and they didn't murder anyone. They have already laid the groundwork that SM told HE to stop contacting him. I would guess they will not go insanity but go the route that they are innocent and SM relationship with HE was over and they just wanted her to leave them alone. I think the DNA evidence is key here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep wondering if Tammy can get away with a temporary insanity defense. I wonder if they'll try to go that route, especially if Sidney was telling her one thing while doing another all along.

I don't think she would. Sounds like her behavior before and after the incident don't really mesh with a temporary insanity.

The favoritism in pictures shown, if this is actually Sidney's photo account and not Tammy's. it just seems off to me. It was noticeable in his FB too. That's the only reason I asked, bc I can't stop wondering that since Sidney cheated on Tammy, if Tammy is the actual person that murdered Heather, then why didn't Sidney use that as a reason to officially leave her?

They were both charged with murder. If Sidney was the murderer and TM helped cover it up she would not have been charged.

I believe one of them could have hurt her and then called the other one where they both decided at that point they could murder and get away with it but according to LE they both participated in the murder

I know. I'm wondering why the use of two names and when that came about. All that date on the whois data suggests is when the domain went live. Maybe it was with another before? Idk. Trying to figure out how normal it is for the admin to be listed like this. It seems weird to me bc of the email provided as well as the address.

On Whois I get 'Tammy's Magical Travel' is available, so it if it ever was registered as a domain it isn't any longer. I was under the impression the Magical Vacations was somehow connected through Disney, could that be why the address and e-mail are somewhere other than her address? Delta Dawn may be able to help with this since she's familiar with all of the Disney aspects and is a registered insider.

It is a very difficult defense in SC. The person has to be incapable of knowing right from wrong.

JMO but wouldn't they be charged equally in any case, if they were both there when murder occurred, regardless of who did what? I am not sure it will ever be determined what really took place, anyway.

JMO but wouldn't they be charged equally in any case, if they were both there when murder occurred, regardless of who did what? I am not sure it will ever be determined what really took place, anyway.

Agree I think the way the law/charge is written in SC, it doesn't matter who the trigger man is. Equal knowledge/presence = equal guilt.

They were both charged with murder. If Sidney was the murderer and TM helped cover it up she would not have been charged.

I believe one of them could have hurt her and then called the other one where they both decided at that point they could murder and get away with it but according to LE they both participated in the murder

They would both still be charged if they were present when the murder occurred. In SC, "the hand of one is the hand of all".

They would both still be charged if they were present when the murder occurred. In SC, "the hand of one is the hand of all".

To expand on this:

"One who joins with another to accomplish an illegal purpose is liable criminally for everything done by his confederate incidental to the execution of the common design and purpose."[State v. Curry, 370 S.C. 674, 684 (S.C. Ct. App. 2006)].
This was further expanded by the Supreme Court of South Carolina in State v. Kelsey, 331 S.C. 50, 76-77, 502 S.E.2d 63, 76 (1998),where it was held that "if a crime is committed by two or more persons who are acting together in the commission of a crime, then the act of one is the act of both."
Supreme Court approved the following charge for accomplice liability in State v. Cannon, 49 S.C. 550, 27 S.E. 526: "The common purpose may not have been to kill and murder, but if it was unlawful, as, for instance, to break in and steal, and in the execution of this common purpose a homicide is committed by one, as a probable or natural consequence of the acts done in pursuance of the common design, then all present participating in the unlawful common design are as guilty as the slayer."

The children are OFF LIMITS. If you don't understand what that means, then PM a mod and ask. Imamaze is your first contact point, but if she is not online PM any mod and we will get an answer for you.

The children are OFF LIMITS.

Salem

Re Tammy's vacay business... Is it normal for an employee of a major company to be administrative contact for another person's business? Maybe said employee is an outside contractor for a data system of sorts, therefore can use whatever email they want? I'm asking not because I think they play a part, but I'm confused as to why its listed like this on Tammy's company's data as this person appears to be with Brookdale Senior Living. So, would that not be the company's (Brookdale) email? & what about that TN address? I'm confused. Could there be more than one Tammy's Magical Vacations, therefore two Tammys? Just trying to be thorough...

http://wa-com.com/tammysmagicalvacations.com
I do recall seeing that persons name, June Sisemore commenting on TM Facebook page before it was taken down. Hope it was OK to post this and hope that helps.

I wonder if the defense will bring SM past affairs, if any, as an argument that this happened before and they didn't murder anyone. They have already laid the groundwork that SM told HE to stop contacting him. I would guess they will not go insanity but go the route that they are innocent and SM relationship with HE was over and they just wanted her to leave them alone. I think the DNA evidence is key here.

It comes down to what LE has and what the state can do with it. I would think it's going to be hard to convince a jury that multiple calls back and forth, and what is likely some footage of the Moorer's and Heather (and possibly together) in the PTL vicinity, is a case of SM just wanting Heather to stop calling. Particularly if she hadn't been calling and he was the one who initiated contact the night of the 17th. And then DNA in vehicles, potentially. And who knows what else.

I don't think the image of TM as having never 'met' Heather, and SM as the cheerful but clueless guy who landed in jail for reasons he doesn't understand will stick for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knotty70