SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who is diagnosed with both bipolar and borderline, there are a lot of misconceptions here that are hurtful. Then again, as a borderline I take everything to heart. The media does a horrible injustice with the broad brushes it uses to paint people, often incorrectly.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Most borderlines are victims, rather than perpetrators of a crime.

It's interesting how someone espousing a mental illness component to the case is verbally tarred and feathered, but it's perfectly acceptable to describe these people in terms like, "evil...dirty...lazy...pigs", even though those claims are "unsubstantiated" as well.

Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use the terms you referenced. And in regard to "mental illness", it's a label that is used loosely in our culture as if we possess scientific data to inform our opinion about people we've never even met.

So, my question is, why is it that we accept that the term "borderline" is an "illness"? Why is that we refer to people as "borderlines" or "paranoid schiz's" or "psychotics"? Do we refer to people as "kidney dysfunctions" or "cancers"?

The Moorer's get no sympathy from me. However, if they're viewed as suffering in some way, when thus far we only have evidence that they've caused suffering, we are, IMO, derailed from the mission so to speak. And that's justice for Heather and the Elvis family. The Moorer's have attorneys to advocate for them or get them medical assistance should they need it.

This is my view and I'm not at all suggesting you abandon yours.

I think some of things the defense will bring up are:

-Perhaps both TM and SM's lawyers will say the other person did the killing, that their client did not now it was going to happen
-TM's lawyer might bring up her disabled foot
-Social media = Show posts online to say there was a mob who put pressure on LE to arrest them
-Bring up the arrests of the 2 people for interfering in the case. Did they plant evidence?
-Also bring up the tip tent, were tips received that were not sent to LE b/c they didn't point to the M's?

It's a good thing they don't have a dream team.
She could still shoot a gun though... jmo

As someone who is diagnosed with both bipolar and borderline, there are a lot of misconceptions here that are hurtful. Then again, as a borderline I take everything to heart. The media does a horrible injustice with the broad brushes it uses to paint people, often incorrectly.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

And I agree with this.

And so that I don't add to that, please know that my reference to "illness" is not intended to deny that you suffer or struggle. It's a remark about how our culture often views individuals with psychiatric diagnoses as if they are that limited label.

A person can be diagnosed with a form of mental illness and also be a criminal. They are not always separate, IMO. Just as person with mental illness may be law-abiding. I have a brother who is schizophrenic, but he is extremely peaceful and shy.

Also as far as the murder charges go...even if one did the killing and the other simply watched, they would be equally responsible, legally. I don't think LE cares who did what, really. They do not have much, if any, flexibility in sentencing in SC.

JMO

I think some of things the defense will bring up are:

-Perhaps both TM and SM's lawyers will say the other person did the killing, that their client did not now it was going to happen
-TM's lawyer might bring up her disabled foot
-Social media = Show posts online to say there was a mob who put pressure on LE to arrest them
-Bring up the arrests of the 2 people for interfering in the case. Did they plant evidence?
-Also bring up the tip tent, were tips received that were not sent to LE b/c they didn't point to the M's?

It's a good thing they don't have a dream team.

Based on the remark that LE "ran with" some ideas, I think all this will be fodder.

I've never seen that they have property in Charleston.

Maybe some of the confusion comes from the address on SM's DOT#?

http://transportation-services.findthedata.org/l/1318508/Sidney-Moorer

When I went to crosscheck the DOT - it came up with a different address.

http://www.truckcompaniesin.com/dot/1928796/

Two different physical addresses with two different mailing addresses but the same phone # and it looks like both properties are for sale.

Don't know what that means in the "grand scheme of things" unless there is another person with the same name as SM.:dunno:

I do know that if you are issued a DOT# you're required to have it displayed on all the vehicles and I didn't see any #'s on the trucks that were towed. I don't know why he would apply for a DOT # anyway unless one of the trucks were registered as a commercial vehicle for his business. Believe me, when you apply for a DOT# there are a lot of hoops to jump throu.

Was it ever verified SM had a CDL?

Just my :twocents:

Do either SM or TM have siblings? I'm curious about birth order & that sorta thing.

Do either SM or TM have siblings? I'm curious about birth order & that sorta thing.

I'm not sure we can discuss that but I am equally interested in birth order dynamics. I don't wish to discuss siblings just where TM and SM fell in the birth order.
I know TM has at least one sibling that I think is younger. And SM has at least one sibling but no idea if they are older or younger. I also thought TM was one of three or four but cannot find solid info on this.

Maybe some of the confusion comes from the address on SM's DOT#?

http://transportation-services.findthedata.org/l/1318508/Sidney-Moorer

When I went to crosscheck the DOT - it came up with a different address.

http://www.truckcompaniesin.com/dot/1928796/

Two different physical addresses with two different mailing addresses but the same phone # and it looks like both properties are for sale.

Don't know what that means in the "grand scheme of things" unless there is another person with the same name as SM.:dunno:

I do know that if you are issued a DOT# you're required to have it displayed on all the vehicles and I didn't see any #'s on the trucks that were towed. I don't know why he would apply for a DOT # anyway unless one of the trucks were registered as a commercial vehicle for his business. Believe me, when you apply for a DOT# there are a lot of hoops to jump throu.

Was it ever verified SM had a CDL?

Just my :twocents:

I believe that earlier in this thread when this was first mentioned, someone posted that this particular SM is a DIFFERENT person.

Hey JG :seeya:
The person JS on the info you posted lives in TN and is/was a friend of Tammy's on her FB. HTH

That information is correct. I did the web admin for tammysmagicalvacations.com for free as a personal favor to Tammy. The only reason my work email address is on there was because I paid for the domain registration through Paypal. My employer has nothing to do with Tammy or Disney.

June Sisemore

Agree I think the way the law/charge is written in SC, it doesn't matter who the trigger man is. Equal knowledge/presence = equal guilt.

Respectfully, I don't believe this is correct. It does matter who the trigger man is, imo.

Do you have a link to that law?

From WMBF News (transcribed by my phone):

Tonight, information about a harassment complaint filed to the Myrtle Beach Police by TE, he's the father of missing 20-year-old Heather Elvis. TE told police someone and posted a video on Facebook showing what looks like the back of his market common business. When he walked out the back door to try to and figure out exactly where the video was shot, he saw an "X" painted on the door. He said he hasn't used that door in about a year but he did smell fresh paint in the air he told police he felt the "X" meant that he was being marked. Police are still investigating.

http://p2c.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/p2c/Summary.aspx 3/12/14

Potentially O/T but in researching Malaysian jet stuff I happened upon this really cool (IMO) website for map projects. From messing around with it it seems to have more functions than using google maps for sharing like custom shape overlapping areas/markers, etc. https://www.mapbox.com/

I know there are some amazing map makers on this thread and elsewhere, and I wasn't sure where to post it, but could be useful in mapping some Moorer movements and potential search areas of interest.

From WMBF News (transcribed by my phone):

Tonight, information about a harassment complaint filed to the Myrtle Beach Police by TE, he's the father of missing 20-year-old Heather Elvis. TE told police someone and posted a video on Facebook showing what looks like the back of his market common business. When he walked out the back door to try to and figure out exactly where the video was shot, he saw an "X" painted on the door. He said he hasn't used that door in about a year but he did smell fresh paint in the air he told police he felt the "X" meant that he was being marked. Police are still investigating.

http://p2c.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/p2c/Summary.aspx 3/12/14

This link works.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24665378/police-searching-for-men-who-allegedly-threatened-heather-elviss-father

Here's a GREAT link to the newest article about the X on the back of Terry Elvis' business door.

Elvis said he had three friends call about 10 a.m. Thursday to tell him there was a video posted on a Facebook page called “Call Da PO PO HO” that showed the back of his business that was liked by a page called “Sidney and Tammy Moorer are innocent.”

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ily-calls-police-reporting.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RN527