SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be the first to say how disgusting this is? All fun and games to some folks apparently.

From WMBF News (transcribed by my phone):

Tonight, information about a harassment complaint filed to the Myrtle Beach Police by TE, he's the father of missing 20-year-old Heather Elvis. TE told police someone and posted a video on Facebook showing what looks like the back of his market common business. When he walked out the back door to try to and figure out exactly where the video was shot, he saw an "X" painted on the door. He said he hasn't used that door in about a year but he did smell fresh paint in the air he told police he felt the "X" meant that he was being marked. Police are still investigating.

http://p2c.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/p2c/Summary.aspx 3/12/14

how low will people go? smdh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

http://definitions.uslegal.com/h/hand-of-one-is-hand-of-all-theory/

The kidnapping charge makes it possible. The Hon. Alex Sanders drilled this doctine into my head in college. I will never forget it or him!!!

Yes, the kidnapping charge makes it possible. However, after reading State vs. Curry, the "Hand of one is the hand of all" law is not as cut and dry as the information in your link.

Had the jury determined that either appellant conspired only to commit an unarmed larceny of a car, and had it further concluded that the state failed to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that a homicide was the natural or probable consequence of a plan to steal the victim's car, the appellant would have been entitled to an acquittal on the charge of murder.

- See more at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/sc-court-of-appeals/1393274.html#sthash.gezzSmso.dpuf

Ok...I'm rethinking this.ha If the M's were served with warrants for their phones ect, ect, early on and LE really did look around the home,it must have been in better condition at that time. This makes me wonder if the M's were trying to keep the house straight as they were anticipating a visit from LE or maybe they don't always let everything get so bad. TM commented on February 12th,that LE was no longer interested in them and then posted all of the Valentine's Day craziness. SM filed complaints about being shot at on February 6th and 20th. I'm wondering if,by February,the M's thought that they were in the clear with LE and just went into full deflection/taunt mode and then paranoia set in?

Omgosh, not having caught up today on here before posting, I just posted something almost identical to this . Lol

it comes down to what le has and what the state can do with it. I would think it's going to be hard to convince a jury that multiple calls back and forth, and what is likely some footage of the moorer's and heather (and possibly together) in the ptl vicinity, is a case of sm just wanting heather to stop calling. Particularly if she hadn't been calling and he was the one who initiated contact the night of the 17th. And then dna in vehicles, potentially. And who knows what else.

I don't think the image of tm as having never 'met' heather, and sm as the cheerful but clueless guy who landed in jail for reasons he doesn't understand will stick for long.

yeppers !!!!!!!!!

I admit I am way behind and trying to catch up, so if this has already been discussed or answered then I apologize. But has it really been confirmed that police actually searched their home prior to the day of the arrests? I know TM stated in her last FB rant about enough being enough that they let them search, but is that the only place it was mentioned? If TM is the only source of a prior search taking place, just wondering if it's even true?

I am very confused. Is there more than one back door? I looked up the store on Google Streetview, and it looks like there are only 2 doors though, one front and one back. Some misprinting/understanding in one of the articles?

On February 4th, around 1:20 p.m., Terry Elvis says he was leaving out the back of his business in Market Common when he saw a matte-black Jeep Wrangler and two men in the car.

After viewing the video, the victim advised that he went out the rear door of his business that exits onto Yancey Way to attempt to see where the video was shot from, police said.

Terry Elvis told police that when the door closed, he observed a red in color "x" painted on the rear door to his business.

"The victim stated that it had been around one year since he had went out the back door to his business, but he stated that he smelled fresh paint in the air. The victim felt that the "x" meant that he was being marked," police said.

This is an old article, but I never saw it

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_182d62c8-935d-11e3-9b05-001a4bcf6878.html

At least four harassment complaints have been filed by an Horry County household since Dec. 22.
The complaints were filed by the household of Sidney Moorer, who according to police records, had a past relationship history with Heather Elvis.
The harassment complaints state that the Moorer household has been harassed by various individuals. Those reports were filed between Dec. 22 and Jan. 17.

I'm confused about the number 4. 1 would be when SM said they were shot at, 2 would be when SM said two men in a truck flashed a shotgun at him, I was thinking 3 would be when the search party called LE after being threatened with a stick by TM dad but what is the 4th one???

Any thoughts?
Slight side track from this article, but I have to wonder, BB was charged with Obstruction of Justice because he posted "indictments were coming for an unidentified person and that the Department of Social Services was coming to take that person's children." The ObstJ charge is because he supposedly diverted LE resources. But since that has actually come to pass, it is no longer "misleading information", and quite possibly never was. Are people not allowed to post correct information if it causes a community reaction? Does that not interfere with freedom of speech?

How does that work?

Slight side track from this article, but I have to wonder, BB was charged with Obstruction of Justice because he posted "indictments were coming for an unidentified person and that the Department of Social Services was coming to take that person's children." The ObstJ charge is because he supposedly diverted LE resources. But since that has actually come to pass, it is no longer "misleading information", and quite possibly never was. Are people not allowed to post correct information if it causes a community reaction? Does that not interfere with freedom of speech?

How does that work?

It was not correct information, though. Yes, they were arrested, but there is no way he could have known that at the time. LE had not filed the indictments when he made the claims so it was misleading.

How does that work?

Great point you have there !!!!

I am very confused. Is there more than one back door? I looked up the store on Google Streetview, and it looks like there are only 2 doors though, one front and one back. Some misprinting/understanding in one of the articles?

I may be getting myself confused now, (information overload) but one of the two news links has disappeared and the other has updated and no longer mentions the back door. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding?

ETA Sorry, I meant to say one of the two articles I personally read. I'm sure there may be more than 2 news articles by now.

It was not correct information, though. Yes, they were arrested, but there is no way he could have known that at the time. LE had not filed the indictments when he made the claims so it was misleading.
I respectfully disagree. He could very well have known at the time that there were indictments coming. LE knew on Dec 20 that the Moorers had not told the truth. So did everyone else because of the report leaked that wasn't redacted properly and "Police records discuss phone calls between Heather Elvis, older man as late as 6 a.m. December 18." was posted on January 22. (http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html.

Obstruction of Justice charge right there. That's just a logical progression. But that's JMO.

I may be getting myself confused now, (information overload) but one of the two news links has disappeared and the other has updated and no longer mentions the back door. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding?

It was the whole "haven't used the back door in a year" part that is confusing. It's very hard to try to figure out who did it, and how they did it, with the discrepancy.

On Wednesday around 10 am, Terry Elvis was alerted by friends to a video that was on Facebook that had just been posted earlier Wednesday, according to a Myrtle Beach Police report.

"The victim stated that he viewed the video that had a posting of 11 hours prior at 12:59 am on March 13, 2014. The victim viewed the 33 second video that was shot from inside of a vehicle facing outward," police said in a report.

The report says he viewed the video at around 1 AM on March 13 (Thursday) but the X happened on Wednesday? I guess they mean March 12, but why are they getting the date wrong? Or do they mean 12:59 PM on Wed?

I respectfully disagree. He could very well have known at the time that there were indictments coming. LE knew on Dec 20 that the Moorers had not told the truth. So did everyone else because of the report leaked that wasn't redacted properly and "Police records discuss phone calls between Heather Elvis, older man as late as 6 a.m. December 18." was posted on January 22. (http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html.

Obstruction of Justice charge right there. That's just a logical progression. But that's JMO.

The evidence to charge the M's in the first place didn't come to LE until the end of February. So BB couldn't have known anything because at the time that was completely false.

I thought LE referred to the first search during the PC after the arrests...something about finding things that had since helped develop more info, from that search...will try to find a link.

The evidence to charge the M's in the first place didn't come to LE until the end of February. So BB couldn't have known anything because at the time that was completely false.
The evidence for the Indecent Exposure didn't come until February. The evidence for the Obstruction of Justice charge was already available. See my above post.

MyHorryNews.com has just Tweeted that TE has filed a new harassment complaint, but the link is not working for me.

Terry Elvis, father of Heather Elvis, filed a new harassment complaint, according to #MyrtleBeach police records... http://fb.me/6kjiEgexJ

Link: http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_8de34c00-aaee-11e3-a72d-0017a43b2370.html

Has this family not been thru enough that someone feels they should be further victimized?

I'm so disgusted. [modsnip].

It was the whole "haven't used the back door in a year" part that is confusing. It's very hard to try to figure out who did it, and how they did it, with the discrepancy.

The report says he viewed the video at around 1 AM on March 13 (Thursday) but the X happened on Wednesday? I guess they mean March 12, but why are they getting the date wrong? Or do they mean 12:59 PM on Wed?

In a telephone interview Thursday evening, Elvis clarified that the back door had been opened previously, but it had been about a year since he had seen the side of the door with the painted "X."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_8de34c00-aaee-11e3-a72d-0017a43b2370.html

In a telephone interview Thursday evening, Elvis clarified that the back door had been opened previously, but it had been about a year since he had seen the side of the door with the painted "X."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_8de34c00-aaee-11e3-a72d-0017a43b2370.html

Not sure exactly what that means...Maybe he had gone out that door, but not back in? Or maybe, it was propped open for deliveries, etc., but then closed from the inside when that task was done, iykwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98