SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do it too...phewww!! Makes me feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one. Do you forget to add laundry detergent sometimes *cause you're in that much of a hurry to get back to viewing threads/posts on Websleuths* which is why re-washng is required? Me too!! :floorlaugh: After reading several posts on this thread I'm quite proud of myself really, because I actually hang my washing outside on the line albeit at 4 o'clock in the afternoon! :floorlaugh:

No...I put extra detergent to get my wash extra clean. When i finally put in dryer...it is usually there for 2 days. Let us not even get into how long it takes me to put it away. :floorlaugh:
I, actually, love cleaning. But laundry....:gasp:

This is an old article, but I never saw it

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_182d62c8-935d-11e3-9b05-001a4bcf6878.html

At least four harassment complaints have been filed by an Horry County household since Dec. 22.
The complaints were filed by the household of Sidney Moorer, who according to police records, had a past relationship history with Heather Elvis.
The harassment complaints state that the Moorer household has been harassed by various individuals. Those reports were filed between Dec. 22 and Jan. 17.

I'm confused about the number 4. 1 would be when SM said they were shot at, 2 would be when SM said two men in a truck flashed a shotgun at him, I was thinking 3 would be when the search party called LE after being threatened with a stick by TM dad but what is the 4th one???

Any thoughts?

Hoping for a great update today. Thinking of the Elvis family and praying...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My inquiring mind would have loved to be a fly on the wall the day the now rotting meat and moldy potatoes were cooked. What happened specifically that day/night in the house? Something significant.

RSBM and BBM

This is an intriguing thought. It sounds like a meal was being prepared but no one ate it. Why? What became so much more important than eating their dinner? And why not eat it later, after whatever interrupted them was dealt with? And why not look at it later and think to yourself, "darn, we never got around to eating this, I guess I'll just throw it out"?

Clearly, that particular evening started out like a normal night, right down to someone thinking it was time for dinner so that person started cooking.

Another thought: We don't know how much food was rotting, so I suppose maybe they had eaten dinner, and it was just leftovers on the counter, but why didn't someone think to wrap it and put it in the fridge?

Either way, what interrupted what would have been the normal "next step" with the food?

No...I put extra detergent to get my wash extra clean. When i finally put in dryer...it is usually there for 2 days. Let us not even get into how long it takes me to put it away. :floorlaugh:
I, actually, love cleaning. But laundry....:gasp:

Haha! Yes, this is me and my relationship with laundry! I just folded 2 loads and they are sitting on my dining room table. I keep looking at them because I know I need to put them up before my beastie boys get home from school because that's where they do homework. Sigh, but here I still sit, typing on my computer :facepalm:

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_182d62c8-935d-11e3-9b05-001a4bcf6878.html

At least four harassment complaints have been filed by an Horry County household since Dec. 22.
The complaints were filed by the household of Sidney Moorer, who according to police records, had a past relationship history with Heather Elvis.
The harassment complaints state that the Moorer household has been harassed by various individuals. Those reports were filed between Dec. 22 and Jan. 17.

I'm confused about the number 4. 1 would be when SM said they were shot at, 2 would be when SM said two men in a truck flashed a shotgun at him, I was thinking 3 would be when the search party called LE after being threatened with a stick by TM dad but what is the 4th one???

Any thoughts?

Actually, according to OkieGranny's handy-dandy timeline on the first page of this thread, the incidents where SM reported being shot at were in February, and this article is saying the reports they are referring to happened in December and January. (Feb. 6, shot at while driving; Feb. 8, gun pointed at him in parking lot).

So those 2 incidents would not be part of the "four harassment complaints."

I cannot find the date when searchers were threatened by TM's dad, I'll have to look to see whether that falls within the dates being reported in this particular article.

Any thoughts?

There is another article that says whom those complaints were filed against but I don't have it handy at the moment. I'll try to find it.

Something that I find odd about everyone sleeping in the same room is the fact that it was in the master bedroom, which is said to be located downstairs. Didn't Tammy previously say that people were looking in her windows, that she felt unsafe, etc? If that's the case, then why not lock up & secure the downstairs but instead sleep upstairs? There is a lower roof that could quite honestly be jumped from if in an emergency, so why choose to sleep together downstairs? I don't understand that logic, especially when considering its MUCH harder for a stranger to look into an upstairs window as opposed to a downstairs window...

Actually, according to OkieGranny's handy-dandy timeline on the first page of this thread, the incidents where SM reported being shot at were in February, and this article is saying the reports they are referring to happened in December and January. (Feb. 6, shot at while driving; Feb. 8, gun pointed at him in parking lot).

I cannot find the date when searchers were threatened by TM's dad, I'll have to look to see whether that falls within the dates being reported in this particular article.

I agree. I think the original harassment complaints filed by the Moorers pertained to harassment at their house. Something about a certain person stalking/driving by, and others involved a semi altercation during a search by their house. I didn't think the "shootings" were involved in those complaints and were separate "incidents".

Moldy potatoes smell like the worst case of nasty sweaty jock sneakers/cleats. How could anyone live in the near vicinity of rotten potatoes? Just sayin'...

Any thoughts?

Oh, doh, I'm a goof, I combed through tons of articles, only to find the information about the date the searchers were threatened in the article you posted above. :floorlaugh:

That article says:

Another report was filed by a searcher on Jan. 19, who said she and other searchers were threatened with assault and battery.

According to an Horry County police report obtained by Waccamaw Publishers, a woman, 49, said she and several others were searching for Elvis in the area of Highway 814 west of Myrtle Beach when several people from a residence on that road confronted them and told them to leave.

One of the persons in the group picked up a stick and started walking toward the victim, but never hit anybody with it, the Jan. 19 report said

See my previous post above for info regarding the reports SM made about being shot at, and having a gun pointed at him.

Ok...I'm rethinking this.ha If the M's were served with warrants for their phones ect, ect, early on and LE really did look around the home,it must have been in better condition at that time. This makes me wonder if the M's were trying to keep the house straight as they were anticipating a visit from LE or maybe they don't always let everything get so bad. TM commented on February 12th,that LE was no longer interested in them and then posted all of the Valentine's Day craziness. SM filed complaints about being shot at on February 6th and 20th. I'm wondering if,by February,the M's thought that they were in the clear with LE and just went into full deflection/taunt mode and then paranoia set in?

Here's an article that discusses those four harassment complaints, as well as the arrest of TE's friends for obstruction:

Four harassment complaints filed since Heather Elvis reported missing

Tensions are running high as the search continues for Heather Elvis, who disappeared some time on Dec. 18.

In addition to charging two men with obstructing justice in connection with the missing person’s case, Horry County police have fielded at least four harassment complaints from the home of a man who police records state had a relationship history with Elvis.

In each of the harassment complaints, residents of the man’s Horry County home reported that they’ve been harassed on social media or in person near their property. No arrests have been made in connection with any of the harassment complaints.

Please read more at the link, the story is quite detailed...
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9e6c8c96-8cec-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html

Hmmmmm :waitasec: very interesting.

Here's an article that discusses those four harassment complaints, as well as the arrest of TE's friends for obstruction:

Four harassment complaints filed since Heather Elvis reported missing

Tensions are running high as the search continues for Heather Elvis, who disappeared some time on Dec. 18.

In addition to charging two men with obstructing justice in connection with the missing person’s case, Horry County police have fielded at least four harassment complaints from the home of a man who police records state had a relationship history with Elvis.

In each of the harassment complaints, residents of the man’s Horry County home reported that they’ve been harassed on social media or in person near their property. No arrests have been made in connection with any of the harassment complaints.

Please read more at the link, the story is quite detailed...
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9e6c8c96-8cec-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html

Thank you so much for posting that article. I swear I think I've read everything there is to read about this case, but I guess not.

This part of the article made me chuckle a little:

According to police records, Barrett “had been posting misleading information” on Facebook regarding Elvis’ disappearance.
Barrett posted that indictments were coming for an unidentified person and that the Department of Social Services was coming to take that person's children, a Jan. 28 police report states.

Wonder if we can consider him a psychic :wink:

Hi all. Been trying to keep up the past few days but I'm no longer too sick to carry on with my life, lol, so needless to say I've been busy trying to get back into the swing of things and while I would rather be here since this case occupies so much of my mind, I have to carry on with my own stuff. (laundry. ..lots and lots of laundry...and 3 birthdays, 2 Dr appts., yada yada.) :rolleyes:

<respectfully snipped>

Glad you're feeling better! I'm in the same boat, except for the birthdays, but don't have my energy back yet, the house is a wreck, and we have guests coming for the weekend.

:panic:

I wonder if you can help me? I've had no luck at all pinning down the exact dates for SM/TM's travels in Nov/Dec and again in January so I can place them on the timeline. I believe the January dates were the 8th through the 12th but have no source to link back to. If you could confirm any of their travel dates with confidence as a verified insider, then I could link back to your post as a source.

Any details of their trips you can offer would be very much appreciated!

Thank you so much for posting that article. I swear I think I've read everything there is to read about this case, but I guess not.

This part of the article made me chuckle a little:

Wonder if we can consider him a psychic :wink:

:floorlaugh::snowball:

Re Tammy's vacay business... Is it normal for an employee of a major company to be administrative contact for another person's business? Maybe said employee is an outside contractor for a data system of sorts, therefore can use whatever email they want? I'm asking not because I think they play a part, but I'm confused as to why its listed like this on Tammy's company's data as this person appears to be with Brookdale Senior Living. So, would that not be the company's (Brookdale) email? & what about that TN address? I'm confused. Could there be more than one Tammy's Magical Vacations, therefore two Tammys? Just trying to be thorough...

http://wa-com.com/tammysmagicalvacations.com

I doubt they were lazy or hoarders.

Folie a Deux: SM and TM are sick people. Under a moderate amount of stress, they most likely handled their mental illnesses reasonably well, though they probably took turns pushing each other's buttons and knocking each other off kilter. The affair being the latest case in point. I think they were decompensating, probably alternating between raging at each other and having marathon sex in the weeks and months following the discovery of the affair in October. They may have become paranoid and their ability to cope, function and maintain their lives unraveled. I think this is what led up to the murder. They may have been delusional and convinced each other that HE's retweet in November was a threat against TM's life and that TM was not safe while HE was alive, or the meeting with HE was an attempt to have SM profess his love for TM in front of TM and HE , but the confrontation erupted in violence and things went terribly wrong from there. TM's mug shot looks like a psychotic break to me. The state of the house is even more evidence to support this theory.

This is a tragic case- for HE, her family, and the M's children- all victims.

This was preventable with the proper diagnosis and treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the most fervent DSM adherent could/would identify what is going on with TM based on her mug shot. And I'm not sure what would constitute "proper diagnosis and treatment", or that we can say either would have stopped these two from murdering Heather.

But I do think if a lawyer thought a photograph of TM could convince a judge that TM was experiencing a 'break', TM would have been placed in a psych facility by now, not a jail.

I can well imagine that if the evidence against these two is sufficiently damning, the attorneys, or perhaps one of them, will come up with a mental illness defense. And TM and SM will enjoy a similar protracted legal circus that the Aurora shooter now enjoys, while the victims are further victimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph