SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think a lawyer would say that. Trying to sway public sentiment, and all that. MOO.

Gotta say I don't understand the criticism of defense attorneys.

Every one of you would want a good one should you, or someone you love, be accused of a crime.

Not to mention that I could say the same thing you guys are saying about defense attorneys about prosecutors.

Just a comment, defense lawyers always paint their clients as innocent! From Ghostwheel's
Quoted statement from Sidney's lawyer, WHAT a huge change in his statement and knowledge!

Just my thought, wonder if Truslow will want off the case now that evidence points trial (guilty)! JMO

Check the dates on those stories.

The Find Heather Facebook page is not discussable, what TM posted if anything on the Find Heather Facebook page is not discussable either.

:tyou:

If the post was made by TM or SM and the Mods have a copy of it, and it was removed, it is possible the particular post can be discussed in the social media thread. Not all things are discussable, so look for a Mod post giving permission, or send a note to the Mod for permission.

Thanks,

Salem

Every one of you would want a good one should you, or someone you love, be accused of a crime.

Not to mention that I could say the same thing you guys are saying about defense attorneys about prosecutors.

JMO but that argument could go for days but in this case it is about justice for Heather what SM and TM did to her.

For me, yes, given the IE charges alone, the Moorer's were clearly together the night the calls that tie Heather to one of the Moorer's began, and Heather subsequently was murdered. And they lied. So I don't think one Moorer is far behind the other Moorer in this crime.

But I think anything is possible in this case. And I've always felt there are other players.

I agree they were together that night/early morning. But until how late in the morning? Remember it's been said there were exchanges between Heather and SM until 6 a.m.

From the obstruction of justice warrants we have this...

From Tammy's obstruction warrant - "... providing and creating false, misleading and/or inaccurate information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and her and Sidney Moorer's activities..."

From Sidney's obstruction warrant - "... providing and creating false, misleading and/or inaccurate information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and his activities..."

I've tried to figure out the different wording on the 2 warrants. He lied about what he did. She lied about what they both did.

Does that mean he told the truth about what Tammy did?
Does that mean he told the truth about what they both did (IE) but lied about what he did on his own after?

There's a riddle about 1 person lying and 2 people telling the truth and you solve the riddle to figure out who the liar is, but 1 of the 3 people involved is missing.

JMO but that argument could go for days but in this case it is about justice for Heather what SM and TM did to her.

So you are taking back what you said about defense attorneys and agree that prosecutors will do the same thing?

Because, let me assure you, they will.

Look at the Zimmerman case for a prime example.

I agree that if I was ever accused of a crime, I would want a Great defense attorney on my side.

Any comments I make regarding attorneys are based on the 12 years I worked for them. Man, could I tell some stories . . .

I agree that if I was ever accused of a crime, I would want a Great defense attorney on my side.

Any comments I make regarding attorneys are based on the 12 years I worked for them. Man, could I tell some stories . . .

Yeah, I know. I live with one.

Maybe I'm skimming too much, but I didn't really read much criticism of attorneys, just statements about what they do. For me, at least, I know that is their job. I couldn't do it, but I do know that someone must. A good attorney truly believes in the constitution and the right of everyone to a fair trial. However, I could never defend someone if I had significant doubt about their innocence. JMO.

Maybe I'm skimming too much, but I didn't really read much criticism of attorneys, just statements about what they do. For me, at least, I know that is their job. I couldn't do it, but I do know that someone must. A good attorney truly believes in the constitution and the right of everyone to a fair trial. However, I could never defend someone if I had significant doubt about their innocence. JMO.

My only point is that prosecutors do it too.

Since my son announced he wanted to be a criminal defense attorney, I have to say i'e changed my way of thinking.

You are completely right. We are blessed to live in a nation where everyone, including those accused of crimes, both innocent and guilty, have rights...attorneys ensure those rights are not violated. Innocent people do get accused of crimes...LE is not infallible. Without criminal defense attorneys, we'd be a bit lawless...people may not get fair trials, people may be accused and held without evidence etc etc.

All that being said, the advice I gave my son was to remember that there was a difference between representing someone and defending them...choose your cases carefully and don't sacrifice your conscience for a paycheck.

My only point is that prosecutors do it too.

That's why I said a good attorney. Not a good prosecutor or defense attorney :loveyou:

My sister's boss is Woody Allen's attorney. Still haven't figured out how I feel about that. :floorlaugh:

Since my son announced he wanted to be a criminal defense attorney, I have to say i'e changed my way of thinking.

You are completely right. We are blessed to live in a nation where everyone, including those accused of crimes, both innocent and guilty, have rights...attorneys ensure those rights are not violated. Innocent people do get accused of crimes...LE is not infallible. Without criminal defense attorneys, we'd be a bit lawless...people may not get fair trials, people may be accused and held without evidence etc etc.

All that being said, the advice I gave my son was to remember that there was a difference between representing someone and defending them...choose your cases carefully and don't sacrifice your conscience for a paycheck.

Has he started his practice?

Has he started his practice?

LOL...he hasn't finished highschool! He's quite determined though. College first!

ETA: and I was always worried he'd aspire to be a politician (he'd actually be great at this). I'm pleased he's choosing something more respectable! :-)

Attorneys in civil cases want to avoid trials. Criminal defense attorneys are trial attorneys. Trials are where motions are born. Motions to suppress evidence and testimony and interviews. Motions, everywhere motions.

He knows LE and the State have enough to jail his clients and get them to trial. So he's going to trial, and in that environment he'll work to level the State's case and maximize his client's options for freedom.

I think his words and demeanor are those of a defense lawyer.

Well said!

It's only a distraction (in regards to the attention paid to it besides that of LE) if people allow it be. 1 LEO can take the report and follow up leads. A security camera could be installed for the future. The M's may have supporters, but nothing will stop the truth from eventually coming out. Try they might, but they will fail, IMO.

And the M's will never have the supporters that the Elvis family has !!!!
IMO

I agree they were together that night/early morning. But until how late in the morning? Remember it's been said there were exchanges between Heather and SM until 6 a.m.

From the obstruction of justice warrants we have this...

From Tammy's obstruction warrant - "... providing and creating false, misleading and/or inaccurate information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and her and Sidney Moorer's activities..."

From Sidney's obstruction warrant - "... providing and creating false, misleading and/or inaccurate information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and his activities..."

I've tried to figure out the different wording on the 2 warrants. He lied about what he did. She lied about what they both did.

Does that mean he told the truth about what Tammy did?
Does that mean he told the truth about what they both did (IE) but lied about what he did on his own after?

There's a riddle about 1 person lying and 2 people telling the truth and you solve the riddle to figure out who the liar is, but 1 of the 3 people involved is missing.

i posted the same thing awhile back. it still bothers me, but then maybe when he was questioned initially, they did not know that tm was involved so they did not ask him about his wife's whereabouts, and they did not have the surveillance videos, etc...it just puzzles me.

So you are taking back what you said about defense attorneys and agree that prosecutors will do the same thing?

Because, let me assure you, they will.

Look at the Zimmerman case for a prime example.

No I am not saying that. I was saying that the point you have raised could cause a long argument but that isn't what this is about.

What I'm saying is the attorneys are acting like defense attorneys and I don't read anything beyond that into their remarks about the Moorer's. They're doing and will do anything and everything to liberate their clients or get them a lesser punishment. In my libertarian mind, this is how it's supposed to work, both ethically and constitutionally.

And yes, I absolutely want the best pit bull defense attorney I can find if I or a loved one is accused of a crime.

Prosecutors are as much deal makers as they are seekers of justice. Sometimes this makes sense in lesser crimes. But in assault and murder cases, I can appreciate a talented and committed defense lawyer more than a deal-making prosecutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel