SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual city of Georgetown. That's where the first police report was filed by SM... regarding gun shots coming from a truck that appeared to be following him and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, thank you so much! Now I get it. :doh:

Do they have very large dumpsters for scrap metal? Do they lock up tight at night? I have a similar place near me and they leave a huge dumpster outside the fences that people can throw the scrap that doesn't pay in. . like toasters, etc.

I know the spot of the IE. I was just saying in general. Obviously I'm not local, so I thought maybe that area was called "Georgetown" because of the technical college. Did the M's actually travel to Georgetown the city to the south of MB? I missed that if they did.

Hi, I was def not trying to be rude when telling you that the building there was part of CCU.

In regards to Dons, they do not have any dumpsters outside of their fences. The only thing you can access when they are closed is the gravel parking area for customers, as they are also a pick n pull used parts yard too.
hope that helps

Lol I thought we were talking about hgtc bc the school is close by where the ie occurred

I didn't think you were being rude. I'm sorry if it came across that way.

I was just thoroughly confused between talking about "Georgetown" and the IE incident. I didn't realize we were discussing two different things. :doh:

Thanks for the info on Don's.

not to belabor the point but here is what is a red flag to me-- the state of the "evidence" that SM defense attorney saw went from "there will be a trial" on Feb 24th to "I dont even know how they could arrest him with this evidence" by March 7th. in that 2 week time span more investigation was done, more tests came back, more experts weighed in, he had more time to review what LE had presented to him. Maybe he conferred with other attys who gave him insight into the "evidence". According to the comments by the defense atty, the "evidence" became weaker in his eyes as the 2 weeks passed, not stronger. red flag? I would say so. imho.

With video surveillance, phone records, TM's hostile social media posts after the crime and whatever physical evidence was found when the warrants were executed, I don't believe the prosecution will have a problem making their case. I saw a defense attorney interviewed on one of those ID TV shows last night. His client had already been convicted of multiple rapes based on DNA evidence and a palm print, and the attorney was still minimizing the state's case. I think it's just a standard tactic of defense attorneys.

Heather's case is now being covered on Tad DiBiase's No Body Cases website. There isn't a great deal about her case specifically at the moment obviously, as it's only just begun, but the site is an interesting (and reassuring) read for anyone worried about the chances of a successful prosecution without a body.

http://www.nobodymurdercases.com/blog.html

ETA: Tad's successfully prosecuted such cases himself.

Georgetown is a county mostly made up of very small communities, in addition to the city of Georgetown, and there's nothing to do in those communities... no movie theaters, shopping plazas, etcetera. The city of GTown does have quite a few local shops and such, but they all close up shop pretty early. AFAIK, there isn't a movie theater or anything much to do there either. Plus, as I think someone else may have already mentioned... there's a huge paper mill in Georgetown and that smell takes some getting used to for most people.

Thanks. I appreciate it you telling me. I would think they were there visiting someone then. Based on the location, I think someone said 20-30 mins, I think this would be pretty logically.

OT, watching a show now, a case with three defendants. One decided to tell all for a deal and was given 32 years. The other two went to trial and received LWOP. Not even sure if SC has this flexibility, but IMO, 32 years is still a long time and wouldn't be the worst possible outcome, if either if the M's were to confess. But I don't think they will, JMO.

Heather's case is now being covered on Tad DiBiase's No Body Cases website. There isn't a great deal about her case specifically at the moment obviously, as it's only just begun, but the site is an interesting (and reassuring) read for anyone worried about the chances of a successful prosecution without a body.

http://www.nobodymurdercases.com/blog.html

ETA: Tad's successfully prosecuted such cases himself.

Thx - ton of great info there! Someone posted some stats earlier that may have come from this site...the conviction rate for no body murder trials was a lot higher than I would've guessed!

OT, watching a show now, a case with three defendants. One decided to tell all for a deal and was given 32 years. The other two went to trial and received LWOP. Not even sure if SC has this flexibility, but IMO, 32 years is still a long time and wouldn't be the worst possible outcome, if either if the M's were to confess. But I don't think they will, JMO.

32 years is a long time...but they will probably get parole at some point...better chance of not dying in prison for the Moorers.

I sure do hope this is not like the Zimmerman trial. When the story first came out, I was on the TM side using the information put out by the prosecutors and the media. Once the truth came out in the evidence, there was no way I could continue to say Z was guilty.

I sure hope that is not the case here because I have such strong negative personal feelings for the Ms and such strong positive personal feelings for Heather.

not to belabor the point but here is what is a red flag to me-- the state of the "evidence" that SM defense attorney saw went from "there will be a trial" on Feb 24th to "I dont even know how they could arrest him with this evidence" by March 7th. in that 2 week time span more investigation was done, more tests came back, more experts weighed in, he had more time to review what LE had presented to him. Maybe he conferred with other attys who gave him insight into the "evidence". According to the comments by the defense atty, the "evidence" became weaker in his eyes as the 2 weeks passed, not stronger. red flag? I would say so. imho.

I don't see anything that indicates a change in the perception of the attorney. He doesn't yet know what LE knows, so his remarks are defense narrative. His bottom line is and has been that his client is innocent and had nothing to do with this crime. The public face of the Moorer's criminal defense will remain stoic and cool, even if the M's have confessed everything behind closed doors.

Something keeps bugging me.

I think LE must have used location data from TM/SM's phones to find the security videos that led to the Indecent Exposure charges. It doesn't seem feasible that LE just happened to find that evidence by watching the footage from every single security camera that was in operation in Horry County that night.

So why isn't that location data showing LE where Heather's body is? If the Ms weren't smart enough to leave their phones at home that night, how were they smart enough to hide Heather without their phone signals pointing a big flashing arrow at the spot where they dumped her?

Ugh, I cannot stand the M's. Every time I see a picture of them, I get a bit sick to my stomach.

I do not think Heather is in the water near PTL. I know many people think that the M's lack intelligence and they probably didn't put much effort into planning where to dispose of her body but I feel a bit differently about that. I find T.M to be quite a smart cookie, even though she repulses me. I think she planned this out, with the help of S.M and they have hidden Heather in an area that is not in plain sight. T.M is known to be a planner and it shows on her DIS board posts. She is not the type that just murders someone and then hides the body in a very obvious area. She's put some thought into this, IMO.

Are there any cemeteries local to the M's home, especially one that is not patrolled very well during the evening hours? I won't get into the technicalities of it, because I know some of Heather's friends and family visit this forum, but I think most of you know what I am getting at.

Any old abandon factories or structures in the area? Any cliffs in the area? A gorge of some sort maybe? I am not familiar with the area in which they live so I wouldn't know if these types of areas exist.

I hate talking about where her body may be, but at this point, I unfortunately think it's come down to that. Heather needs to be found and her family needs their closure. The fact that these two fools are keeping Heather's family from finding her and laying her to rest properly is really agitating me. You would think since both of the M's are parents, that they would have some sort of sympathy toward Heather's parents and the overall situation. I think IF anyone does talk, it will be S.M first. T.M is way too much of a narcissist and she probably thinks that she has done no wrong in this situation. I am thinking T.M most likely believes that Heather got whatever was coming to her, judging from all of T.M's antics she had on social media. :twocents:

With video surveillance, phone records, TM's hostile social media posts after the crime and whatever physical evidence was found when the warrants were executed, I don't believe the prosecution will have a problem making their case. I saw a defense attorney interviewed on one of those ID TV shows last night. His client had already been convicted of multiple rapes based on DNA evidence and a palm print, and the attorney was still minimizing the state's case. I think it's just a standard tactic of defense attorneys.

Ditto. I don't think there's a defense attorney out there that will be like, "welp. I might as well just hang my hat and call it a day. there's no way I'm winning this one. This guy is guilty as sin and I don't know how to spin the evidence found in his favor." Likely, what they found was largely circumstantial evidence and the defense atty feels as if he would be able to either a. argue for bail or b. cast a shadow of doubt amongst the jurors and get an acquittal. But, it really is standard rhetoric, even for defense attorneys of serial killers. It's their job.

Thanks. I appreciate it you telling me. I would think they were there visiting someone then. Based on the location, I think someone said 20-30 mins, I think this would be pretty logically.

You're welcome.

I, personally, don't think any significant behavior or action (on the M's part) could be determined solely based on the fact they were in Georgetown at 10:30 pm on a week night. I imagine they could have been there for any number of reasons. Maybe they took a trip to the Charleston area and they were just traveling through Georgetown at the time. Maybe they were visiting friends or family who live in the area. It's anyone's guess, really.

"No good reason to go to G'town late at night." Georgetown is a county, right? So, why shouldn't people go there at 10:30? Maybe they were visiting a friend or family. Maybe they decide to go out shopping or dinner and/or a movie and because of everything they didn't want to go as a family out in Horry County. I am not familiar with the population in your counties. But, in one of the two states I live, our county population is well over 5 million and I often, bump into someone I know. So, maybe they didn't want to bump into anyone they knew if they were in a public place.

Georgetown rolls up the sidewalks early. And heading INTO Gtwn at 10:30 is what is questionable. If you are from the area you'll know what I mean. I can understand if they were heading home at that hour, but from the report they were headed south.

It is way longer than 20-30 minutes to the G'twn bridges from their house. an hour, at least, depending on stoplights. There were only about two stoplights between Socastee and G'twn when I was growing up. I'd guess there are dozens and dozens now. Who goes " visiting " at that hour. Nobody. They were either going to SM's family's house, which they would have reached after midnight (!) or they were leaving town/SC un-announced.

Something keeps bugging me.

I think LE must have used location data from TM/SM's phones to find the security videos that led to the Indecent Exposure charges. It doesn't seem feasible that LE just happened to find that evidence by watching the footage from every single security camera that was in operation in Horry County that night.

So why isn't that location data showing LE where Heather's body is? If the Ms weren't smart enough to leave their phones at home that night, how were they smart enough to hide Heather without their phone signals pointing a big flashing arrow at the spot where they dumped her?

Yes, this makes sense to me. They say she was murdered at PTL and they spent a considerable amount of time searching that area to no avail and now seem to be concentrating again on the waterway. Heather's phone last pinged here as well if we believe the media. If they were smart enough to turn Heather's phone off, you would think they would turn their own off or like you said "leave their phones at home." I don't think much thought was given and I believe they put her in the water since they didn't just leave her on land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot