SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #29***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the kidnapping charge was from them not letting Heather out of SM truck at the landing, the murder could have occured after she got into the truck within a minute depending on the way they did it. They didn't say where at the landing so could have been in the truck at the landing. That could explain the quick return, 2 minutes faster to get home bc of blood? Or freaking out from the reality of what just happened. Jmo

Two thoughts running through my very tired mind...
One is that perhaps when LE entered the M bedroom to arrest them, SM was cuffed. And that may have been what they "learned" that day.

Second, um...so the others in the home saw him cuffed to the bed?

Evil. Evil. Evil. :banghead:

No kidding, and coupled with being in court for the hearing today? WTH!!??
icon8.gif

Could very well be. Also sm could've earned his wings by Heather's demise. I think tm handcuffed him in order to keep him from sneaking off to meet Heather at ptl during her drink induced slumber. Sm's belated booking says to me he told LE about the 6mth conditions and the texts from tm to Heather that led to the I.e. charges against tm. The prosecution brought up this 6mth information. This leads me to believe sm will talk. Why else would a husband tell police he was handcuffed? Imo to deflect guilty. To blame someone else. And sm even told on tm about the sexts to boot! Leading to more charges! I'm very curious to know why the I.e. charges were supposed on tm but not on sm.

Inside of a vehicle can be very quiet. Silencing gunshots. Imo. I don't think at dark and in chilly night air Heather would get out and stand away from her vehicle. Creepy area and chilly.

I think the exact opposite. I think that Heather was comfortable at PTL. I think she may have been there lots of times before that night.

This is, IMO (& apparently yours as well) what happened that night.

I've read so much on this and have had varying opinions on how it played out based on what we knew. As of the facts now, this is my opinion of it all. I just want Heather found for her family. I pray for this daily. I can't imagine their pain! ( I have 3 little ones!) Wish I lived closer to help search ... :(

SM will try and distance himself from the murder. The handcuff story may be an exaggeration on his part. However, because it's salacious, the public is eating it up and perpetuating it, adding more speculation because it titillates.

If the kidnapping charge was from them not letting Heather out of SM truck at the landing, the murder could have occured after she got into the truck within a minute depending on the way they did it. They didn't say where at the landing so could have been in the truck at the landing. That could explain the quick return, 2 minutes faster to get home bc of blood? Or freaking out from the reality of what just happened. Jmo

I keep wondering if they just threw Heather into the river at the landing.

I think the exact opposite. I think that Heather was comfortable at PTL. I think she may have been there lots of times before that night.

Except that she was fearful at this point and was wanting to move on.

I don't think a crying Heather or a Heather who made back to back calls from PTL to announce her arrival/see where SM was, was necessarily comfortable that morning.

I don't a crying Heather or a Heather who made back to back calls from PTL to announce her arrival/see where SM was, was necessarily comfortable that morning.

I meant her surroundings, going to PTL. Not her emotional state that night.

That's why I keep looking at the huge marshy area to the north of the M house. Their house faces that direction and it's possible TM wanted her where she could "keep an eye an her."

That area is large fields with a few ponds. The area facing directly across from TM parent's home is wooded swamp.

This is a map of the most direct route between the M house and the Conway IE incident. The place that keeps catching my eye is that huge green area to the left of 544. How much activity does this area get? Do people go hunting or 4-wheeling there?

picture.php

I don't think a crying Heather or a Heather who made back to back calls from PTL to announce her arrival/see where SM was, was necessarily comfortable that morning.

Other than tearful because she wanted to keep moving on, according to the roommate, we don't know what HE's feelings were that night / morning. She was enticed to go there at an hour most people would be fast asleep, even young 20-somethings.

In the first presser after the arrest of S and T, LE said that they had direct evidence of their involvement in Heather's murder. Not that I doubt one or both of them was involved, but nothing I've heard since then speaks of them having direct evidence. They may have very strong evidence, but that isn't the same as direct evidence. (E.g. -- let's say a car was stolen from the Websleuths Auto Mart -- I could have a photograph taken of myself sunbathing on the hood with something to indicate that it was 1 minute after the car was stolen -- that would still not qualify as 'direct evidence'.) Sorry for being a stickler, but for better or worse, these things matter, and comments like that from LE could be used for a change of venue (whether or not that would matter -- and I would think that it would not).

This is a map of the most direct route between the M house and the Conway IE incident. The place that keeps catching my eye is that huge green area to the left of 544. How much activity does this area get? Do people go hunting or 4-wheeling there?

picture.php

That area from the house to hwy 544 is less than 1/8 mile, between the substation and the cvs at the stoplight at the corner if 544 there are acres and acres of land where someone keeps horses, they keep that property and their fencing very well, although the land directly beside the substation and behind it doesn't seem used at all and has a few ponds that are clearly visible from the M's home. I wonder about those ponds everyday.

Ok guys, I'm finally caught up... FOR NOW. As I imagined, this thread moved so quickly today that I have literally done nothing (with the exception of a quick dinner break) but read these threads since 6 pm, and it took me until 11 to catch up. Didn't someone say I could learn a few tricks from seasoned sleuths about how to get through these threads quickly? Where are you seasoned sleuths? I could really use some help over here. Help a sista out! :please:

I don't have much speculation to add that hasn't already been discussed by others. So instead... I thought I'd point out the new info that I, personally, find interesting, helpful, or important.

#1: The affair began in June and ended in October - per article from The State

#2: A solicitor told the judge that Heather feared Tammy. That once when SM was making a call to one of the managers at TK, TM took the phone and told the manager that Heather should be fired and called her derogatory names. - per article from The State

#3: After TM heard about the affair, TM handcuffed SM to the bed at night--a condition he agreed to for a six-month probationary period. - per article from The State

#4: TM sent Heather dozens of texts and made dozens of calls to Heather after learning about the affair. - per article from The State

#5: HCPD chief Rhodes indicated their department had been called to the home at least 39 times since the investigation began and she feared there would be violence in the home if the couple were released. She said most calls were related to threats made to them on social media. She further went on to say that TM & SM are a danger to the community... that when they responded to their home, they were often met by an armed SM, and if released, in her opinion, they would have more violent confrontations. - per article from The State and My Horry News

#6: (I know many have been curious to know--myself included--how much, to what extent, and what type of evidence had been disclosed to the attorneys--and I found the answer.) McCollum (TM's attorney) says prosecutors haven't yet released evidence, as will be required during the discovery portion of the case, so most of what he's seen is coming from police reports. - per WMBF

#7: The M's were not only texting friends about buying land/property in another state or posting about it on social media, but were also going so far as to e-mail (what appears to be) a real estate agent/Realtor. - per the picture dated 1/16/14 from Hoppy that states "Do you know if I did a 20000 cash down payment if the owner would finance it... we'd like to offer $75,000 w seller paying closing costs. We leave in the morning to go back to S.C.... did you happen to find anything comparable in the area even if its just land and no house...is the property under contract? Is it free and clear at $86,000?"
Side note -- the M's reported an income of 48K on a loan app in 2013, but they now have $20 grand in cash to use for a down payment on a house?!? SOMETHING STINKS IN SUBURBIA.

#8: Pretty much everything from Hoppy's court commentary--
*SM's attorney stating SM had been upfront with LE... specifically about the IE texts TM sent to Heather of the two of them having coitus (as Sheldon Cooper would say)
*The FBI inspected surveillance tapes of the F150
*The fact that both M's have Florida ID cards
*SM's attorney claiming we would find NO evidence that SM was in the truck or at PTL or any part of this...that what we will find is evidence of an affair with Heather, that there was no motive, and that Sidney liked Heather (I'm sure TM did not like hearing those words come out of SM's attorney's mouth... in front of the entire community... shaming her like that? Oh, the horror!)
*TM's attorney claiming his client believes someone 'spoofed her phone' and stating she wasn't responsible for some of the calls and/or texts made on it... going further to say that someone was pretending to be them. (Comeeeee onnnnn now, Mr. McCollum. With all due respect, is that REALLY the best you've got? The "someone-stole-my-phone-or-gained-access-to-it-with-hacking-software-in-an-attempt-to-frame-me" defense? REALLY? If so, you might want to work on a different angle because no one is buying into that garbage. It would be impossible for someone to 'spoof her phone' AND her FB account AND Sidney's FB account AND the other 431 fake FB accounts.)

That is all.

Oh, just one personal opinion--after watching interviews of both attorneys, I do tend to agree with Hoppy. TM's attorney seems overly confident or maybe he's just trying to hard... it seems to me like he's auditioning for the role of a defense attorney... in a poorly scripted Lifetime movie. I also think SM's attorney truly believes his client is innocent and is truly baffled why anyone would think otherwise. His perception may, or may not, change drastically when all of the evidence is revealed during the discovery phase (depending on how strong the evidence might be). It will be interesting to see if there's a change in his demeanor, for sure.

I wonder if perhaps SM had never before told Heather he would leave his wife...and then he called her and said he had actually done so. That might convince her to meet him.

OT but I saw a show last night where LE did not find the car belonging to the victim (which perp had stolen) for some weeks, but they had no problem connecting the perp to the vehicle via fingerprints, etc.

WOW. I read enough of the last thread to get the gist of what I missed and had to come back here to talk. OMG

One of the most striking things I saw was based on LE timeline with the vehicle going to and from the Landing.......Well.....I have to say us WS people here had that part pretty much figured out already. Reading it almost seemed like reading old information since we had that part pretty well pegged.

For now, I am leaning where my gut had me for quite awhile. I think she got killed immediately and dumped in that river. Although the toolbox does look pretty darn large in that truck photo, but going with river for now. From what I have learned about the Ms, I just think they did their deed quickly and used the river to quickly wash their hands of their perceived problem.

Also, I am very confident that LE has a lot more evidence to prove their guilt in this.

Its time for SM to do some serious talking.

I agree with another poster that after todays hearing where they may have had a glimmer of getting some sort of bail and now that is not going to happen then maybe SM will now consider to talk to try to get some sort of reduced sentence. Like 100 years instead of 200 years....that sorrry .

end-rant.

Other than tearful because she wanted to keep moving on, according to the roommate, we don't know what HE's feelings were that night / morning. She was enticed to go there at an hour most people would be fast asleep, even young 20-somethings.

Exactly, and that's why I use JMO or "I think" when I don't know.

And who knows how many 'young' 20-somethings were asleep that morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003