SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #29***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you mean. I was thinking, however, that something was found at PTL that was not in the car, but probably on the ground. Something that might have fallen out of a purse, like a wallet, or a credit card, or a lipstick. That kind of thing.

Or fragments of a smashed phone.

The way they were hunkered down, I figured they were either real (the threats) or they (M's) at least believed they were.
I totally agree. Wondering....
How did the M's explain their new sleeping arrangement to the other family members ? It was IMO like a family pj party with guns. :banghead:

I missed where they said the 39 calls were due to trespassing and harassment. Do you happen to have a link somewhere that says that, or is that your interpretation?

Elder also said the Moorers have responded to social media posts by others about the case and engaged in threats about their families. She asked John to deny bond because the couple were a flight risk and there could be issues in the community because of all the attention the case has received.
Horry County police Chief Saundra Rhodes told John that officers have been at the Moorer’s home at least 39 times since detectives began investigating the case. She said she feared that there would be violence at the home if the couple were released on bail.
“It is my belief that both Tammy and Sidney Moorer are a danger to the community . . . [their release could] entice a large amount of ill will in the community,” Rhodes said.
John said he denied the motions for bond because of the danger of releasing the couple into the community for their safety and the safety of others, and the couple’s flight risk.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ies-moorers-bond-on-murder.html#storylink=cpy

Well, i hope SM giving up this very embarrassing info and telling LE about TM texting Heather is a sign that he is slowly cracking and will very soon tell them where Heather is. I can only hope & pray:please:

He'd better hurry up and do it before she talks and blames him for the whole thing. Somehow I think he would try to protect her but when this sinks in to her just how serious this is I think she will viciously turn on him. (If he wasnt the one that killed HE.)

My post says "It sounds like" so just a theory. But if they were being shot at, people showing up on their property too sounds likely.
Thank you for the clarification. It doesn't sound like that to me, so I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

I think he was cuffed to keep him from seeing Heather....not after the 12/18?

"cept maybe if she was a "sound sleeper", ie intoxicated and passed out, she'd cuff him before she fell asleep to keep him from leaving with all that $$ in the safe, leaving her to take the rap

I understand what you mean. I was thinking, however, that something was found at PTL that was not in the car, but probably on the ground. Something that might have fallen out of a purse, like a wallet, or a credit card, or a lipstick. That kind of thing.

Still...how would that indicate she was killed there? Things like that could fall out of purse or hands in a scuffle of some sort, while kidnapping her, IMO.

Thank you for the clarification. It doesn't sound like that to me, so I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

Chief Rhodes stated something along those lines as well. The links are above.

Sorry. Wrong name.

I totally agree. Wondering....
How did the M's explain their new sleeping arrangement to the other family members ? It was IMO like a family pj party with guns. :banghead:

And handcuffs...Mommy and Daddy are playing cops and robbers???

I know I have said this a dozen times...but has a link ever turned up to prove TE drove the car home?

I think she stepped out of her car thinking it was SM and TM plowed down the accelerator and killed her. There wasnt alot of time for much to happen if she was killed there. Just about enough time to load up a body.

What will it take to make the accused reveal where Heather is?
They've been charged and arrested and denied bond....why won't they just
say where they put Heather?

My theory is that if Heather isn't found by the time of their trial(s), they may feel they have a better chance of beating the charges. :(

JMO we have all seen cases where an abused person gets a light sentence and generally, only women. For myself, I try to keep an open mind that SM could have been an abused spouse at this point, and possibly was being threatened with his own life. I don't know if this is the case, but it does not seem out of the realm of possibility. However he seems to have certainly lied to police to cover up, etc.

Anyway, I have trouble seeing a motive on SM's part if he was not under some sort of threat to himself, or maybe even to children. TM seems like she would stop at nothing. Not trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, or defending him, but I am not convinced he participated as eagerly, shall we say, as perhaps TM did.

Also not convinced he knows where Heather is, as he does not appear strong enough to withhold much for long.
JMO

I guess I too need to have an open mind about how much he could have been affected by possible spousal abuse, but seeing that call history (which has him presumably telling her to go to PTL right before she disappears from there) and seeing his huge grin in that selfie with his wife holding the gun (which we're told was after HE's disappearance) just really gets to me.

Still...how would that indicate she was killed there? Things like that could fall out of purse or hands in a scuffle of some sort, while kidnapping her, IMO.
There are other things I can think of, like some blood in conjunction with a wallet, as an example. I didn't go into great detail, I was just mentioning to hockeymom4's post that IF they found something at PTL, it might not have been associated with the car and letting the car get driven away wouldn't have been a problem (the driving part which a VI confirmed, but LE hasn't confirmed, if I remember correctly? Apologies if I missed it).

I agree with you. SM really had no motive that I can see.
Now that we know more about SM and TM's relationship, it seems to me even more likely that he wasn't the one who planned Heather's murder.
TM had motive, and her messages to Heather dispel (even moreso) the idea of her having any sort of open marriage with SM.
Her motive was jealousy, IMO, fueled possibly by alcohol and made even worse by finding out that SM was still in touch with Heather.
I can't help but wonder if neither of them know where Heather is. I feel it's possible someone else disposed (hate that word!) of her so they could honestly say they have no idea where she is.

JMO, TM has to be so in control that I think she would want to know where she was if that was the case. I think that TM and SM know exactly where she is.

IDK if SM knew HE was on a date or if him and TM had a fight. I think he went to the pay phone and called HE and told her he was leaving TM. When HE called his cell TM saw it and went Psycho. She probably texted HE back and acted like it was SM to meet her. I think she very well may have been in a rage or a drunken rage and ran over HE. It could have all happened so fast he couldnt stop her.. She probably told him he was going with her and settle this once and for all. Then when she saw HE everything got out of control. Then SM is stuck too and helps cover it up.

I don't think he was really going to leave TM. That was just a lure. Remember, SM and TM were just out having sex all over town.

I think posters are being waaaay to easy on SM, almost making him look like a victim. I'm not buying it. Look, in January TM is self destructing and self medicating with booze. What's SM doing? Telling TM that he was a bad boy but he can fix it and they can have a great future together. This is not some abused spouse who is scared and running for his life. Nope.

I get why TM was angry, emotional and irrational. Not that I condone what they did, but I get it. SM not so much. His lack of emotions and any sense of responsibility scares me. He's playing a role and it looks likes he's gotten pretty dang good at it, because people are buying it. That's scary!

What will it take to make the accused reveal where Heather is?
They've been charged and arrested and denied bond....why won't they just
say where they put Heather?

Get TM a fifth of Jim Beam? Maybe two. . .

I have thought that too, but then they should have taken it and her car into evidence. Right? Something could have occurred in her car.

Do we know for a fact that TE drove the car home? I seem to remember a little while ago nobody could find it stated anywhere that he did drive the car home from PTL.

With the comment TM made in that text on Nov. 1, it does sound like she had taken SM's phone away when she said dad doesn't have a phone now or whatever (paraphrased). So if SM called HE from a pay phone and then HE called him back on his phone a few times and no one answered that could have been the catalyst that put all the rest of the wheels in motion for what happened that night.

TM could have made him answer it finally and then lure her to PTL. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member