SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think so. I have copies of my sons car. I have spares to all of our vehicles. My husband does as well. Did Heather's parents give her that car? If so, they'd prob have a spare set.

I assume when LE ran the plates it lead back to the father as being the owner of the vehicle, as he was quickly contacted after they reported the car. In which case I could see him having a spare key.

Reminder on social network info...

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

If there are posts about a search and it gives info for where to gather, etc. you can copy/paste the gathering spot's address and time.

You can only speculate with what we know thru main stream media and law enforcement. Rumor is not allowed.

Ima

Is it known for certain that her car was locked ?

Please anyone correct me about anything if I'm wrong but from what I'v gathered:

17th afternoon or evening: she went to her parents house to pick up mail. (last time she was seen by her family)

17th sometime after picking up mail: Went home to her apartment.

Some time around the evening of 17th: The date picked her up at her apartment. She did not take her car.

Sometime around midnight 18th: Date dropped her off at her apartment (car never moved River Oaks property).

Around 2AM: She was on tumblr.

Around 3AM: She called her roommate and spoke about the date.

Afternoon or evening of the 19th: Her car is discovered abandoned at Peachtree Landing with her no where in sight
as per the facts you pointed out I was thinking
1..sure was an early date to come home at midnight (Do we know when she went out initially?) thinking the date wasn't so "hot"
2 she called her room mate at 3 in the morning (who was at her parents home..is it possible both were on the computer and that's when HE called her? otherwise to call her not immediately after the date but 3 hours later says to me either she couldn't reach her earlier or saw that she was online and decided to give her a call.
3 is it possible that the "perp" was also online and either gave HE a call or she to him whether online or by cell?

just thinking out loud

I don't trust anyone certified in many states that skip over states. I also see where he's been on TV not was major cases he was hired for. Not what qualifies him to be a PI.

I have a great PI that does business stuff for me in NC. He was former large city homicide. I believe he works in SC also. He's done a lot of high profile stuff. I did a lot of his social media searches for him when all of that was very new, he is older. He never puts himself out there for the media. You'll read his name from time to time, but it's always about the victims family with him.

I find it odd that this site mentions black serial killers. Most serial killers are white men.

Also, I've followed Kelli Bordeaux's case. She left the bar with an RSO.

Idk and never heard of this PI but it freaked me out seeing the map of those missing girls who look so alike, its uncanny.

I understand all various point of views on how HE's vehicle ended up at PTL. Trying to think of what did this person say to her, "Hey, I was wondering if you could meet me at the end of a dark and creepy boat landing?" Besides fishing trips (which can start early).. how many times in your life has someone asked you to meet them at a boat landing in the middle of the night?. How many times have you asked someone to meet at a dark boat landing at night? I've lived near boat launches my entire life and have never used them for a meeting place. (Honestly, the thought of meeting at a boat launch has NEVER crossed my mind). Usually, I meet a person at a store parking lot if they are not welcome in my place. The boat launch is dark and creepy; the exact reason the perp(s) chose to leave the vehicle there. No one would go down to PTL at that time of night..plenty of time to wipe a vehicle down and organize. All moo.

as per the facts you pointed out I was thinking
1..sure was an early date to come home at midnight (Do we know when she went out initially?) thinking the date wasn't so "hot"
2 she called her room mate at 3 in the morning (who was at her parents home..is it possible both were on the computer and that's when HE called her? otherwise to call her not immediately after the date but 3 hours later says to me either she couldn't reach her earlier or saw that she was online and decided to give her a call.
3 is it possible that the "perp" was also online and either gave HE a call or she to him whether online or by cell?

just thinking out loud

on your 2: that is plausible that they were both online and she called her to chat about the date.

on your 3: that is also very plausible and I have contacted the finding heather Facebook page on the possibility that she initially could have had a dialog with the perp online which could have led to everything that happened. I sure hope they followed up on her online activity as extensively as possible.

Please anyone correct me about anything if I'm wrong but from what I'v gathered:

17th afternoon or evening: she went to her parents house to pick up mail. (last time she was seen by her family)

Some time around the evening of 17th: The date picked her up at her apartment. She did not take her car.

Sometime around midnight 18th: Date dropped her off at her apartment (car never moved River Oaks property).

Afternoon or evening of the 19th: Her car is discovered abandoned at Peachtree Landing with her no where in sight

Wasn't the last ping on her phone around 3AM? Then the reports say it was turned off or the battery died. Another person tried to call HE around 3AM when she was already on the phone? (On the last one I believe it was said that the phone number was shown to her roommate and she recognized it?) The phone was off not long after the call to her roommate and it hasn't been stated whether she was at the condo or somewhere else.

Mysterous23

20 year old Heather Elvis was reported missing Thursday night by her father; however, Heather Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night, December 17, and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning, December 18 at 3 a.m. Heather stopped by her parents’ house Tuesday to pick up mail; however, did not show up or call in for her scheduled shift Friday afternoon at the Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery. Her last known location was was at 2 a.m. near Whiteriver Drive just off of River Oaks Drive in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Heather Elvis’s car was found abandoned in a parking area in Socastee on Thursday.

Can't BBM. But she was last seen at 2am wondering by who?

I understand all various point of views on how HE's vehicle ended up at PTL. Trying to think of what did this person say to her, "Hey, I was wondering if you could meet me at the end of a dark and creepy boat landing?" Besides fishing trips (which can start early).. how many times in your life has someone asked you to meet them at a boat landing in the middle of the night?. How many times have you asked someone to meet at a dark boat landing at night? I've lived near boat launches my entire life and have never used them for a meeting place. (Honestly, the thought of meeting at a boat launch has NEVER crossed my mind). Usually, I meet a person at a store parking lot if they are not welcome in my place. The boat launch is dark and creepy; the exact reason the perp(s) chose to leave the vehicle there. No one would go down to PTL at that time of night..plenty of time to wipe a vehicle down and organize. All moo.

PTL is very close to where her parents live and also where Socastee Highschool is (I believe that is where she attended high school) I assume she is familiar with PTL. I'v also read that she had just recently moved out of her parents and into River Oaks. That is why I still feel like it was someone she knew well from her former neighborhood, possibly even attended high school with her.

A lot of people are assuming the car was put there at 3 am. However the car could have been put there from 3 am until it was found. So there is the whole day of Wednesday that the car could have ending up there and part of Thursday.

In one of the first threads I think a list was started of all the know facts we have in this case. Facts verified by reliable sources.

Was that page bookmarked? Or where can I find it if anyone remembers?

It would be helpful to have a list of known verified facts accompanied with the links that verify that fact. Either links to MSM or posts here by verified sources.
Do we have posters in this forum that are verified by mods or whoever that process goes through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so far this is our only timeline to go by???

A lot of people are assuming the car was put there at 3 am. However the car could have been put there from 3 am until it was found. So there is the whole day of Wednesday that the car could have ending up there and part of Thursday.

This is part of the timeline that bothers me. The person that called it in stated that the car had been there since Monday, the 16th. This was an obvious mistake since she apparently used her car to check mail at her parents on the 17th. I believe the person who reported later stated they made a mistake.

PTL is very close to where her parents live and also where Socastee Highschool is (I believe that is where she attended high school) I assume she is familiar with PTL. I'v also read that she had just recently moved out of her parents and into River Oaks. That is why I still feel like it was someone she knew well from her former neighborhood, possibly even attended high school with her.

She attended St. James High School.

Mysterous23

20 year old Heather Elvis was reported missing Thursday night by her father; however, Heather Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night, December 17, and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning, December 18 at 3 a.m. Heather stopped by her parents’ house Tuesday to pick up mail; however, did not show up or call in for her scheduled shift Friday afternoon at the Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery. Her last known location was was at 2 a.m. near Whiteriver Drive just off of River Oaks Drive in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Heather Elvis’s car was found abandoned in a parking area in Socastee on Thursday.

Can't BBM. But she was last seen at 2am wondering by who?

I'm thinking either from her online activity they could have traced her location by IP address from her tumblr blogs (she posted 10 times from 1:53am until 2:09AM) or if she was online on Facebook that could also be a source of intel on her location at the time.

Also it is possible a neighbor might have seen her. I don't know. A lot of public info on the matter is very vague and I think investigators want to keep it that way. I sure would not like to let the perp know what LE knows. He could decide to leave HCPD jurisdiction or worse yet leave the country if he starts feeling the heat.

in the back of my mind I like to think that the reason we don't know a lot is because LE has a promising person of interest in mind and are focusing on gathering evidence through the tip line by the Facebook page or phone # so they can hold the SOB. Such a horrible nightmare for these good people. hopefully a resolution will come of all of this soon. I don't wish this on my worse enemy.

This is part of the timeline that bothers me. The person that called it in stated that the car had been there since Monday, the 16th. This was an obvious mistake since she apparently used her car to check mail at her parents on the 17th. I believe the person who reported later stated they made a mistake.

Correct. There has been nothing about what she was suppose to be doing on Wednesday or where she was going. I find it hard to believe no one knows what she was suppose to be doing that day. So for some reason their keeping that quiet.

She attended St. James High School.

I'v heard that, I'v also heard that she switched schools through high school. I think st james is in the murrells inlet zone? I could be wrong. I do know that the location of her parents home falls into Socastee High territory.

This is Socastee High School.
1eR3PG.AuSt.78.jpeg

Correct. There has been nothing about what she was suppose to be doing on Wednesday or where she was going. I find it hard to believe no one knows what she was suppose to be doing that day. So for some reason their keeping that quiet.

no official word on that (at least that I'v read). I know she was expected at work on friday. I'v been assuming that she had the 18th and 19th off. Don't know if she went to work on the 17th or if she was scheduled.

At the age I am now, I would totally see it from your point of view. When I was 20, there were certain people such as crushes or besties that could have lured me to almost anywhere at anytime. I dont really have a specific theory, as I see all sides. So many things could have happened. Shame on the landlords for not having cameras at least in the parking area. But, I do feel it is possible she could have been lured to the place her car was found. At that age, it doesnt often enter your mind that something bad is going to happen to you. All it would have taken to get me there, would be to say to me, Hey, a few of are out here knocking some back and jammin. Come join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member