SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, hold that thought. Now, if you were the perp, and you were able to lure her out, how many dark and secluded places would he have to choose from to lure her? Im not from that area so I am wondering why he would choose that spot. Would he not have a lot of choices? ( I'm just thinking through multiple scenarios.)
we don't know if she was ever there..only her car was there,locked...

was it verified that the car was facing away from the boat ramp towards the entrance?

Does no activity on your phone mean its off or does it mean your not doing anything on it. Right now this moment I am no doing anything on my phone. So does that mean no activity?

No. As long as your phone is on, it periodically communicates with the nearest tower -- making pings. So if there's no pings, the phone is off, either turned off or battery dead.

was anything missing from her apartment? clothes? contacts? things she would need for a few days? Just wondering if she willingly went away with someone for a few days and then something happened???? Hid the car there so parents wouldn't see it in front of apt.

Okay, hold that thought. Now, if you were the perp, and you were able to lure her out, how many dark and secluded places would he have to choose from to lure her? Im not from that area so I am wondering why he would choose that spot. Would he not have a lot of choices? ( I'm just thinking through multiple scenarios.)

Good thinking/brainstorming. Since I've personally never tried to "lure" anyone, it's difficult to theorize. Guess I would lure someone to my lair (if I had a lair). jmho. Maybe the person or persons don't have their own place? Might live with a roommate, partner or family member and that's why they used PTL? All jmho.

IMO Here is my thoughts as to why or why not process the car on the scene.

Based upon all the information that has been made public we know HE lived at her own residence. She would occasionally go back to her parents residence to retrieve her mail ?

A few questions: How often did she stop by mom and dads house ?

How often would she keep in contact with them ?

I know when I was 20 I kept in contact with my parents every 3 or 4 days.

And at that time the vehicle I drove was registered to my father.

Was there any indications at that specific time to alarm LE that there was a much more serious possible crime in their hands ?

I do not have the information right in front of me but again what time was her vehicle located ?

IIRC someone had called it in stating it had been at the found location for a few days ?

Their appears to be several facts and information that only HCPD is aware of and based upon everything at that specific time the initial finding of her vehicle they probably had no clue how bad of a situation this was going to turn into.

Where did the information actually come from that the vehicle was released to the father and at that time he had suspicions to where he used gloves to preserve possible evidence.

And as discussed on here by other WS member a subject from the FB page stated the car was found with the seat still in the position heather had it in last and that this information was given to her by a friend of hers who was friends of a police officer.

Folks this was a red flag that bothered me.

Lots of times but there was always a boat involved!

If Heather drove to PTL, could it have been the next morning?

This is what I tend to think. I know its possible that she could go meet someone at 3 am. I have said has much. It's very possible that she could have met someone there Wednesday morning and went out on a boat and never came back. It explains the car and them searching the water. It don't explain the phone if it went off at 3 am unless she shut if off when she went to bed or something. So I don't know.

The question still remains. How many times have you met someone at a boat launch (if it didn't have to do with fishing). I think the answer for everyone is zero times. All moo.

The only reason I think it's viable is she is supposedly familiar with that area, possibly knows people in that area.
There aren't too many things one would leave their home for after 2am. Most of those reasons are a little shady-not those that you would share with your parents. But reasons nonetheless.
If the reason you are going out isn't on the up and up you'd go somewhere secluded.
So a secluded place around an area you know people seems like highly likely meeting place to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh man, I don't know. I can tell you that I'v lived Myrtle Beach since I was 12, late 20's now. I'v driven through the drawbridge on 544 that is by where you can turn into Peachtree rd countless times. I'v never even knew peachtree landing was there. although I have (and still do) had friends in the socastee area that I have visited frequently. I never lived in socastee nor did I go to socastee high school.

my questions the same. why peachtree landing?? I always come to the same conclusion when I think of that:

someone who resides or at one point did reside close to her parents house, someone she knew and knew the area as well as she did. perhaps someone who went to socastee high. peachtree landing smacks me in the face as a place that that only a community member would chose.

we don't know if she was ever there..only her car was there,locked...

was it verified that the car was facing away from the boat ramp towards the entrance?
Yes, I know she may not have never been there. Im just thinking through different scenarios and trying to rule some out so I can narrow them down but Im not having any luck. So many things could have happened.

Originally Posted by zelmajane View Post
I don't trust anyone certified in many states that skip over states. I also see where he's been on TV not was major cases he was hired for. Not what qualifies him to be a PI.

I have a great PI that does business stuff for me in NC. He was former large city homicide. I believe he works in SC also. He's done a lot of high profile stuff. I did a lot of his social media searches for him when all of that was very new, he is older. He never puts himself out there for the media. You'll read his name from time to time, but it's always about the victims family with him.

I find it odd that this site mentions black serial killers. Most serial killers are white men.

Also, I've followed Kelli Bordeaux's case. She left the bar with an RSO.

zelmajane, I agree with your statements and opinions concerning PIs. I believe I know the NC PI that you refer too. If it is the same PI, he has been working a missing person case for eight years, pro bono..

RE: I find it odd that this site mentions black serial killers. Most serial killers are white men.

Myth: Serial killers are all white males.

Contrary to popular belief, serial killers span all racial groups. There are white, African-American, Hispanic, and Asian serial killers. The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population. <sniped - read more>

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder
Serial Murder - Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime

The only reason I think it's viable is she is supposedly familiar with that area, possibly knows people in that area.
There aren't too many things one would leave their home for after 2am. Most of those reasons are a little shady-not those that you would share with your parents. But reasons nonetheless.
If the reason you are going out isn't on the up and up you'd go somewhere secluded.
So a secluded place around an area you know people seems like highly likely meeting place to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with this. However it depends on if that place has a curfew and if the cops patrol it.

IMO Here is my thoughts as to why or why not process the car on the scene.

Based upon all the information that has been made public we know HE lived at her own residence. She would occasionally go back to her parents residence to retrieve her mail ?

A few questions: How often did she stop by mom and dads house ?

How often would she keep in contact with them ?

I know when I was 20 I kept in contact with my parents every 3 or 4 days.

And at that time the vehicle I drove was registered to my father.

Was there any indications at that specific time to alarm LE that there was a much more serious possible crime in their hands ?

I do not have the information right in front of me but again what time was her vehicle located ?

IIRC someone had called it in stating it had been at the found location for a few days ?

Their appears to be several facts and information that only HCPD is aware of and based upon everything at that specific time the initial finding of her vehicle they probably had no clue how bad of a situation this was going to turn into.

Where did the information actually come from that the vehicle was released to the father and at that time he had suspicions to where he used gloves to preserve possible evidence.

And as discussed on here by other WS member a subject from the FB page stated the car was found with the seat still in the position heather had it in last and that this information was given to her by a friend of hers who was friends of a police officer.

Folks this was a red flag that bothered me.

Me too. That officer should be reassigned for breach of ethics. Maybe desk duty for a few months, or traffic duty, something else just off the case.

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both lived in apartments/condos

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both attended HGTC

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both worked in hospitality (sports pubs)

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both cars found close to bodies of water that are of the same feeder system

I have to disagree... A friend is now working from home after complaining about severe sexual harassment. The man has money, power... Her boss said they can't lose him as a client, so friend is now working from home. So, its not always dealt with in what I would think of as the right way...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hi floridamomma :seeya: Good to see ya!

I can see this happening, ugh, money, power...sounds like your friend may have the grounds for a potential lawsuit, jmo.
Let me put it this way. Companies are suppoooooooosed to take sexual harassment seriously. They sure do give out a lot of paperwork these days on it.

Does anyone know the name of the complex where Amber lived?

zelmajane, I agree with your statements and opinions concerning PIs. I believe I know the NC PI that you refer too. If it is the same PI, he has been working a missing person case for eight years, pro bono..

Myth: Serial killers are all white males.

Contrary to popular belief, serial killers span all racial groups. There are white, African-American, Hispanic, and Asian serial killers. The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population. <sniped - read more>

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder
Serial Murder - Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime

If it is the same PI, you are very blessed to know him personally if you do. He's one of those angel on earth folks.

Thank you for this! I almost googled it. I will gladly read up on it. I grew up in the ghetto. We didn't have black serial killers, so I assumed if they weren't there they didn't exist. Thanks again.

No names mentioned here but 1 of these perps lives a short 3 min walking distance from HE residence. Level III sex offender arrested in Oct for loitering/drug trafficking. Sentenced to 5 days in jail. Nov 2013 warrant issued for failure to appear. I drove by yesterday to see how close and he lives and it's literally right across the street. HE just moved into the area and wore a sexy uniform while going to work also possible drug use. http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/South-Carolina/Horry-County/Myrtle-Beach.html

Welcome MB Local :)

:welcome:

LE must of thought car and apartment was NOT a CRIME scene...........
I wonder why???
no presser? hardly any info?
could it be she has disappeared but no crime? like the runaway bride?
No pings because she has another phone?
Just thinking out loud.........does HE ever been treated for depression?

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both lived in apartments/condos

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both attended HGTC

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both worked in hospitality (sports pubs)

Heather Elvis and Amber Berbiglia both cars found close to bodies of water that are of the same feeder system

now that is spooking me out BIG time!

1) Why would it be necessary for her to go meet someone at PTL when she had the condo to herself and could have had company come there. I feel as if she were being wise enough to not let someone know where she lived...then she would also be wise enough to know not to meet said person at a secluded boat launch in the middle of the night. Same with if she were going to harm herself, she was home alone...why go anywhere? I don't believe she harmed herself or left her apartment willingly that evening. Just my opinion.

Good point about having the condo to herself, andalso. And from what everyone is saying about the PTL being so deserted and "creepy" ... seems strange to meet someone there in the middle of the night.

I am sadly afraid this will not have a good end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member