SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IS there a jealous ex? Seems her family would know. I keep seeing this posted, but no sign of any such thing I can find, if anything she seems sad over possible relationships, IMO.

IS there a jealous ex? Seems her family would know. I keep seeing this posted, but no sign of any such thing I can find, if anything she seems sad over possible relationships, IMO.

Idk..pure speculation on my part based on some of her posts.

I think convicted offenders can be questioned for alibis. At least, we have seen it in other cases.

Thanks for the response! I think they should have to use a certain color headlight and wear something warning the public. When I read RM was out in Celebrity Square it disgusted me, mingling with unsuspecting people when all this is going on, it shows his arrogance to me. You would think he would be as far away from Myrtle Beach as possible with all this going on. I hope they are watching him closely!

The time of 10pm on the 17th still has me puzzled. Is it confirmed that the date picked her up at home? Is it confirmed that she was actually at home when she called her mom at midnight or could she have still been out alone? I think maybe an ex was jealous over the date or she met someone out there that was in a relationship and they were being discreet.

Just curious, has it been said if her and her roommate were really close friends or just roommates? Not that it would really matter except that a close friend would probably have more info.

LE might be trying to nail down a narrower time frame when the car was seen at PTL.

There appears to be 1 or 2 [cannot verify if either are jealous though]. But, since nothing is being said of this by LE or News channels, it can only be assumed that it is a fact IMO.

JMO...Am not sure there is a connection, Amber was last seen on May 3, 2013 at 1 p..m , paying her cable bill at the Time Warner Office in North Myrtle Beach. A few hours later that afternoon, and less than 2 miles away on Old Sanders Road under a Robert Edge Parkway overpass. Amber's body was found close to her car, her car was running and her cellphone was inches from her hand . The location where her body was found is 15 miles from the Tilted Kilt , 18 miles from HE's apartment and 25 miles to PTL

Hope you're right...but I wouldn't rule anything out right now. Fwiw - Israel Keyes killed people coast to coast, flew into an airport and then drove hundreds of miles away just to rob someplace and kill people. Amber was bashed in the face with something. Maybe the perp jacked her and she fought back, so he killed her spur of the moment. Maybe the blunt force trauma was after the fact, just bc he was prized of she fought so hard. Who knows.

Again, I repeat - there are similarities. It doesn't mean it's fact that they're all related, but it is a fact that there's similarities. IMVHO that shouldn't be ignored as of yet.

I'd like to know how many people and/or their cars have been found in similar areas in SC, and specifically pertaining to the same feeder system of rivers.

There's a new article with a few new details I will try to provide the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts/ideas:

Someone asked (last night) when Socastee High School got out for winter break; their last day of school was Thursday, December 19th.

I would imagine that HE had plenty of friends away at college; if one got back in town at 3am and wanted to meet up she probably wouldn't have any qualms about meeting at a local spot like PTL?

I'm also curious if HE had a habit of taking off/"disappearing" for a few days at a time? It seems like the family was waiting to see if she showed up at the new job on Friday before getting too worried...if so where/with whom would she go?

My daughter cheers with HE's sister and told me that she didn't seem too concerned at their game on December 19th. And for what it's worth, my daughter never turns off her phone, and if it dies while she's without a charger it's a HUGE deal!

This is from Myrtle Beach Online. I don't know how to provide the link because I'm viewing it through tapatalk. I think when I pasted a link appears?? Who knows hopefully this works.

News
>
Local News
>
Crime
Weekend searches planned for missing women in Myrtle Beach area
BY TONYA ROOT
troot@thesunnews.comJanuary 2, 2014 Updated 6 hours ago

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...arches-planned-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

<snipped>

"Elvis was last seen about 2:30 a.m. Dec. 17, according to police. In a report filed late Dec. 19, a police officer on patrol saw the 20-year-old’s vehicle parked at Peachtree boat landing and called her father, who is the owner, to inquire why it was parked there.

Her father said he last heard from Elvis about 10:43 p.m. Dec. 17 when she sent him a text message. There is a $20,000 reward for information about her whereabouts."

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...arches-planned-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

The new info I hadn't known is:
-they say last seen 2:30am although they have the wrong date.
-they say a police noticed HE abandon car
-they say HE texted dad at 10:43 the 17th

Who knows how accurate any of this is. But it was reported.

Hope you're right...but I wouldn't rule anything out right now. Fwiw - Israel Keyes killed people coast to coast, flew into an airport and then drove hundreds of miles away just to rob someplace and kill people. Amber was bashed in the face with something. Maybe the perp jacked her and she fought back, so he killed her spur of the moment. Maybe the blunt force trauma was after the fact, just bc he was prized of she fought so hard. Who knows.

Again, I repeat - there are similarities. It doesn't mean it's fact that they're all related, but it is a fact that there's similarities. IMVHO that shouldn't be ignored as of yet.

I'd like to know how many people and/or their cars have been found in similar areas in SC, and specifically pertaining to the same feeder system of rivers.

That feeder system runs up and down the whole east coast just about. Because they all lead to the Intracoastal Waterway which I know goes at least from FL to VA.

This was shared on the HE FB the link is to the local newspaper's website so it's MSM. It tells that the car was in her dad's name.

http://m.myrtlebeachonline.com/myrtle/pm_1390/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=EJaAnFY2

-----

And again, as I type, it comes on the News (WMBF News @ 5) about the search party moving to Tidewater Rd. They say it is because of the remains found, and that CUE wants to know what/who else is in there.

They also had Monica Caison interviewed. She says they're scouting, working on logistics and mapping and areas to possibly move to next. They're going to use Horses, ATVs and Ground Crew.

Heather's dad also told them they have not found her purse or her cell phone, which is weird because it contradicts what was told here?

Anyway, they're going to tell at the 6pm newscast how we can help the family so I'll keep an eye on that.

I just checked wmbf's site and it's not up there yet but I did notice a link to watch live, except it isn't working right now, maybe at 6 it will?

http://www.wmbfnews.com/category/235957/wmbf-live

While serials always have to be considered, it is my belief hat there are plenty of predators out there. Some may only "decide" when an opportunity arises. Some are always on the look-out.

The whole Bill Warner/PI thing strikes me as sensationalistic. Some of those young women have very suspicious boyfriends or other possible suspects or circumstances, but not enough proof. He pops up whenever there is a new case. JMO

That info provided on the news station does contradict what someone said here. Does anyone remember who provided that info?

Referencing the statement from her dad saying purse and cell phone have not been found.

This is exactly what I had figured as to why LE released the vehicle to HE father before processing it in one of my prior postings.

LEO's on duty do property checks all through their shift. And if the PTL area is a known crime area which I do not have that information, But if it is then it would be reasonably expected that this area is checked quite frequently.

The next question which is information we, the public will not know, is when was the last check down in this area by LEO ?

This information would answer several peoples questions as to when and why her car was parked their and possibly by who ?

This is from Myrtle Beach Online. I don't know how to provide the link because I'm viewing it through tapatalk. I think when I pasted a link appears?? Who knows hopefully this works.

News
>
Local News
>
Crime
BY TONYA ROOT

<snipped>

"Elvis was last seen about 2:30 a.m. Dec. 17, according to police. In a report filed late Dec. 19, a police officer on patrol saw the 20-year-old’s vehicle parked at Peachtree boat landing and called her father, who is the owner, to inquire why it was parked there.

Her father said he last heard from Elvis about 10:43 p.m. Dec. 17 when she sent him a text message. There is a $20,000 reward for information about her whereabouts."

News
>
Local News
>
Crime
BY TONYA ROOT

<snipped>

Someone should email the lady who wrote that up (link on the page) and pinpoint what in that article is a mistake and what is fact.

I am very troubled with her posts...her words were very depressing..She seemed so confused and unhappy..After going through theory after theory ..it doesn't make sense...then I read her own blogs again and am left sad...

I am very troubled with her posts...her words were very depressing..She seemed so confused and unhappy..After going through theory after theory ..it doesn't make sense...then I read her own blogs again and am left sad...

keep in mind that those are re-bloggs, words and pictures written by other tumblr users she follows. kind of like retweeting other peoples tweets. Doesn't eliminate the possibility that she could have been in a certain mood when re blogging posts on her timeline, but certainly not her own words.

keep in mind that those are re-bloggs, words and pictures written by other tumblr users she follows. kind of like retweeting other peoples tweets. Doesn't eliminate the possibility that she could have been in a certain mood when re blogging posts on her timeline, but certainly not her own words.

Your post makes me feel better..I just Pray she comes home safe...I know young adults have such deep emotions....

That info provided on the news station does contradict what someone said here. Does anyone remember who provided that info?

Referencing the statement from her dad saying purse and cell phone have not been found.

This is the first time Terry has mentioned a cell phone and a purse. There were posts on the previous two threads (#1 and #2 and imo speculations not meant to be harmful but just helpful guesses) which were posted on WS regarding cell phone/wallet/id. I have held off on including posted speculated information because it was not based on msm or anything official from the Elvis family.

From other situations, (like Mickey Shunick's abduction), the perp was a random individual. Her poor best friend was raked over the coals. I think there's a reason the bf's/date are being left out; they are not suspects whatsoever.

Obviously, Heather has become a part of most of our hearts and family. She is your niece, your friend's daughter, your sister.. and she is missed deeply. Let's remember to be respectful of her family, her friends and the information given through msm and via family.

As we progress in technology and what I refer to as the "social experiment" (social media) let's hope this progress reaches missing people and assists investigators in finding justice. moo

Yes any female blonde and petit he says was abducted by a serial killer

I've paid attention to many of the missing petite blonde cases.
What made you state that BW believes, "any female blonde and petit" young woman "was abducted by a serial killer"?

Imo, BW is only suggesting that there may be a connection between some of the cases (possibly a transient perp or truck driver for instance), not that all of them are definitely victims of the same perp.
Why ignore a possible connection to some of these cases? With the newish ever emerging influx of social media that allows young people to put themselves out there (not realizing they may draw unwanted attention), I'm not at all offended that someone is tracking their likeness hoping a connection can be made as to how they ended up victims.
If no one shows them as a group, for the purpose of trying to bring awareness to their likeness and the fact they're missing, how will attention be given to this all too common threat to these girls?

I'm at a loss to understand why BW receives flack for pointing out the possibility that some of these cases could be related to the same perp. Or, possibly, their social media habits could provide a way where a perp could spot them and track them through. Is there any LE type organization set up to investigate this possibility? Our country is in the dark ages as far as uniting the individual states' information although progress is being made (but far from complete or unified).

Who is to say, a perp such as this couldn't switch his type to petite young brunettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018