SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of her most recent tweets had a photo attached with a screen shot of what appears to be a text on some type of texting app & if it was taken from her phone (& I'm only assuming that it was hers...) she doesn't have an iPhone. I can tell by looking at the icons at the top of the screen. I wondered if I was mistaken though bc I know droid phones don't have a screen shot feature or do they nowadays? Although you can download apps that can take screen shots I guess. Now that I just went back & looked at it again... It might be a screen shot of the FB messaging app.

I can screen shot on my old school Droid RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

One of her most recent tweets had a photo attached with a screen shot of what appears to be a text on some type of texting app & if it was taken from her phone (& I'm only assuming that it was hers...) she doesn't have an iPhone. I can tell by looking at the icons at the top of the screen. I wondered if I was mistaken though bc I know droid phones don't have a screen shot feature or do they nowadays? Although you can download apps that can take screen shots I guess. Now that I just went back & looked at it again... It might be a screen shot of the FB messaging app.

My son has a droid & has the ability to screenshot. I don't know if all do, but his does. I'll have to go through the photos & see if her icons match his. But I know there was a time when droids couldn't, they've had to catch up to apple though to keep up their sales.

If she had an iPhone they could just use Find My iPhone or even have Apple do that. me.

sbm... an iPhone does not have the "find my iPhone" installed on the device when it is new out of the box. the owner of the phone must download and install the app AND then the owner must physically choose to turn the app to "on" in order for it to be activated.

and furthermore, in order for someone other than the owner of the iPhone to actually use "find my iPhone" this person would need to know the appleid password of the iPhone's owner, then log into the other person's apple account and then only if the device is powered on will the app "find my iPhone"

sbm... an iPhone does not have the "find my iPhone" installed on the device when it is new out of the box. the owner of the phone must download and install the app AND then the owner must physically choose to turn the app to "on" in order for it to be activated.

and furthermore, in order for someone other than the owner of the iPhone to actually use "find my iPhone" this person would need to know the appleid password of the iPhone's owner, then log into the other person's apple account and then only if the device is powered on will the app "find my iPhone"

Are you sure? When I got my iPhone 5 I recall the setup process asking me if I wanted to activate the Find My Phone feature.

Dogs searching the place where the skeletal remains were found

994078_385353364944733_623096597_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.robustowmbf

My son has a droid & has the ability to screenshot. I don't know if all do, but his does. I'll have to go through the photos & see if her icons match his. But I know there was a time when droids couldn't, they've had to catch up to apple though to keep up their sales.

Looks like she doesn't have an iPhone-unless she got a new phone after May? Here's a crop of a phone seen in a bunch of her pics
y8ahesym.jpg

Are you sure? When I got my iPhone 5 I recall the setup process asking me if I wanted to activate the Find My Phone feature.

These are actually 2 similar but different functions. In set up you've always been able to do this with an iPhone/iPod/iPad but now instead of just be embedded in your iTunes it's an app as well. I have the app installed for all devices on my account so if anyone in my house looses their device we can track it. (Or I don't believe my kid is where they say they are I can call their bluff) But even so, you need the iTunes info to access it. Either way you can still track it with gps unless it was turned off. I know with the app even if my kids cells die it shows their location & how long ago the battery ran out.

Looks like she doesn't have an iPhone-unless she got a new phone after May? Here's a crop of a phone seen in a bunch of her pics
y8ahesym.jpg

Not sure if HE's birthday has been confirmed or not but I read earlier that it was in July. It's possible she received a new phone then I guess.
Surely her parents and roommate know what kind of phone she had at the time she went missing.

Not sure if HE's birthday has been confirmed or not but I read earlier that it was in July. It's possible she received a new phone then I guess.

Surely her parents and roommate know what kind of phone she had at the time she went missing.

True & if she was making decent funds could have bought her own as well. From what I can tell with the back of this one I believe (don't quote me on it) it's a Samsung Galaxy S3 which came out 7/2012.

Unless its in main stream media or from law enforcement its rumor here and not allowed.

If you feel a post is against our term of service then please alert on it so a Mod can check it out. Please don't tell others how or what to post, and don't respond to the offending post, it only makes it more difficult for a Mod to remove it all.

Thanks!

Ima

One more thing...

We do not have any verified insiders on this case at this time.

This is incorrect. How ironic that I just bought my son a new i5S yesterday and its automatically on it. All we had to do was toggle the button to on. That's it. Maybe you're referring to older iPhones?

Here's a pic showing its already installed on the i5S:
2qlbjg7.jpg

My husband has the i5C & it's already installed on there too.

I also have geo tracking on all of our phones as a security precaution bc of everything I read on this site.

Also, my 17 y/o lost his phone in school last year. I called AT&T to let them know he lost his phone and to shut it off. They said there was recent usage on it so I told them don't shut it off & I'll report it to he police. I went to the station, they contacted AT&T & an Apple liason who turned on his geo tracking remotely. My son already had location services enabled. As it turned out, somebody from his gym class stole his phone and the police recovered it. We didn't press charges but did make it a matter of record - he got a warning.

I don't know what kind of phone Heather has but she seems to have something with net capability and def has location services set up on something bc she's checked in on some sm.

I just caught up after a day at work. I saw lots of questions for locals, but after reading 15+ pages quickly, I can't keep track of all the local questions and what, if any, answers were given.

If you have any questions for locals, or know which ones that were asked still need answers, please reply to this post and ask or copy them. I'll answer everything I can.

Edit: Also, if you need/want any aerial/satellite images or mapping, please feel free to ask.

I just caught up after a day at work. I saw lots of questions for locals, but after reading 15+ pages quickly, I can't keep track of all the local questions and what, if any, answers were given.

If you have any questions for locals, or know which ones that were asked still need answers, please reply to this post and ask or copy them. I'll answer everything I can.

Edit: Also, if you need/want any aerial/satellite images or mapping, please feel free to ask.

One question I recall is about security cameras in HE's building, do you know if there are any? I don't think so, but can't verify.

One more thing...

We do not have any verified insiders on this case at this time.

Thank you, imamaze.

And a general shout out---why don't we have any verified insiders? It's an easy process to do. Hey locals, friends, and family---> get verified for this case please!
And once again, in general....to all the newcomers to WS: many cases can be very frustrating but we always keep it respectful and classy with eachother.

Peace out. :seeya:

Thank you, imamaze.

And a general shout out---why don't we have any verified insiders? It's an easy process to do. Hey locals, friends, and family---> get verified for this case please!
And once again, in general....to all the newcomers to WS: many cases can be very frustrating but we always keep it respectful and classy with eachother.

Peace out. :seeya:

The verify process says only experts in key areas (law, medical, etc) or people specifically known to the case or mentioned in the media.

So I don't see where I would even get to be verified. Especially as tight-lipped as the media is in this case.

has there been any unusual fires of abandoned shacks.

In my area we once had a murder covered up by a fire of an old shack and no one ever looked for a body at that time.....years later a young girls remains were found.

Can someone clean up what it says on the back of her phone. It looks like it could say t mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee