SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True & if she was making decent funds could have bought her own as well. From what I can tell with the back of this one I believe (don't quote me on it) it's a Samsung Galaxy S3 which came out 7/2012.

It could also be a blackberry the back of my old blackberry looked just like her phone.

I just caught up after a day at work. I saw lots of questions for locals, but after reading 15+ pages quickly, I can't keep track of all the local questions and what, if any, answers were given.

If you have any questions for locals, or know which ones that were asked still need answers, please reply to this post and ask or copy them. I'll answer everything I can.

Edit: Also, if you need/want any aerial/satellite images or mapping, please feel free to ask.

DMiller70, thanx for posting...

What is the distance from the cell tower at 9th Avenue and Cates Bay Road from Woodward Avenue Conway, SC?
Also, how far is this area from the Peachtree Boat Landing where Heather Elvis's car was found? TIA

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=957203#.UsY90PRDsue
Woman abducted and sexually assaulted in Horry County
by Continuous News Desk
Posted: 10.10.2013

One question I recall is about security cameras in HE's building, do you know if there are any? I don't think so, but can't verify.

My mom has an elderly friend that lives in a condo on River Oaks Drive. I was over there this afternoon and didn't see any cameras. I don't know if they have a security company that patrols the area but I can ask. I was there around 3pm and it looked pretty desolate.

I did see the banner, lighted sign and posters at the stop signs by the railroad tracks. The orange cone with the poster in the center was gone.

I think it sadly is a sign of the times. Kids are in touch electronically so much that they don't really have a personal connection on an authentic level, IMO. It just seems like it's so much drama and showmanship, rather than real relationships. All JMO.

It reminds me of the Brittanee Drexel case. She went missing while with a group of "friends". Admittedly it didn't seem like they were her close "besties", however, you would think when someone disappeared while on vacation with you it would be all you could think about. But, apparently, their lives just continued as before, with nary a look back. Allegedly, at least...

ETA: I was responding to a post about the seemingly superficiality seen in friends' of HE's posts since her disappearance. The original post, I believe has been deleted, probably due to a problematic link, but the point remains...(PS- I don't know if superficiality is a word, but I trust you get my meaning :wink: )

Here are some of the units for sale in River Oaks Condos. For those of you not from the area it will give you an idea of what they look like. I don't know what floor Heather lives on but I did notice today that the stairs are located on each end of the building. Since parking is close by, just about anyone could go in or out of the building in a flash and you may or may not get a good look at them.

http://www.searchmyrtlebeachcondos.com/view_project/RIVER OAKS CONDOS.html

DMiller70, thanx for posting...

What is the distance from the cell tower at 9th Avenue and Cates Bay Road from Woodward Avenue Conway, SC?
Also, how far is this area from the Peachtree Boat Landing where Heather Elvis's car was found? TIA

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=957203#.UsY90PRDsue
Woman abducted and sexually assaulted in Horry County
by Continuous News Desk
Posted: 10.10.2013

The distance from the cell tower at 9th/Cates Bay Rd to Woodward Drive is approximately 1 mile.

The distance from that general area to PTL is about 15 miles. The distance from that general area to HE's condo is about 13 miles.

FWIW, it is about 10 miles by boat up the Waccamaw River from Peachtree Landing to Pitch Landing (another very isolated boat ramp), which is very near where the assault/abduction took place.

My mom has an elderly friend that lives in a condo on River Oaks Drive. I was over there this afternoon and didn't see any cameras. I don't know if they have a security company that patrols the area but I can ask. I was there around 3pm and it looked pretty desolate.

I did see the banner, lighted sign and posters at the stop signs by the railroad tracks. The orange cone with the poster in the center was gone.

I don't think there are any security cameras out there.

I know for a period of time, River Oaks was hit hard with car vandalism and auto break-ins.

I believe HCSO stepped up patrols in there, but that's about it.

I have to be over that way tomorrow. I will make a point to go there and look for any sign of security cameras. I also plan to take a trip down Peachtree Road to the landing to take some photos of just how desolate it is. In fact, if it were dark and a person was unfamiliar with the road~they could end up driving right into the river.:scared:

LE is being very tight lipped about this. Heather came in from a date at 2am, and then either made or received a call at 3 am and left the house. My theory is that she went to meet someone. LE would have the number the call came from. LE also would have already questioned her roommate, co=workers, friends, etc etc to see who she was dating or possibly going to see that night. The fact that LE is not saying ANYTHING says A LOT. It would be a stretch that a stranger took her , when she had just gotten a call from someone she knew before she left the house, and was probably going to meet. My guess is the person she was going to meet is the person LE is saying nothing about. I think the fact that they are saying nothing means they are close to making an arrest, or at least have a strong suspect.

Welcome Teri037 :)

:welcome:

Here are some of the units for sale in River Oaks Condos. For those of you not from the area it will give you an idea of what they look like. I don't know what floor Heather lives on but I did notice today that the stairs are located on each end of the building. Since parking is close by, just about anyone could go in or out of the building in a flash and you may or may not get a good look at them.

http://www.searchmyrtlebeachcondos.com/view_project/RIVER OAKS CONDOS.html

Thank you Beba for this link. I noticed a sliding glass door in a bedroom on the unit I looked at.
I wish that more people knew how easy it is to slip the regular locks open on these. I had an issue at my home and my landlord mentioned that. I cut a length of wood to fit in the track so it couldn't be opened unless I removed the wood. My problems stopped and before I couldn't even tell someone was coming in and out that way!
Also quite a few years ago, while staying on an upper level floor at a MB hotel, someone came in the balcony doors. Thought we were asleep and I wasn't. He jumped back out and ran, but the PO said they had problems with cat burglars there as high as the 13th floor.

This is incorrect. How ironic that I just bought my son a new i5S yesterday and its automatically on it. All we had to do was toggle the button to on. That's it. Maybe you're referring to older iPhones?

Here's a pic showing its already installed on the i5S:
2qlbjg7.jpg

My husband has the i5C & it's already installed on there too.

I also have geo tracking on all of our phones as a security precaution bc of everything I read on this site.

Also, my 17 y/o lost his phone in school last year. I called AT&T to let them know he lost his phone and to shut it off. They said there was recent usage on it so I told them don't shut it off & I'll report it to he police. I went to the station, they contacted AT&T & an Apple liason who turned on his geo tracking remotely. My son already had location services enabled. As it turned out, somebody from his gym class stole his phone and the police recovered it. We didn't press charges but did make it a matter of record - he got a warning.

I don't know what kind of phone Heather has but she seems to have something with net capability and def has location services set up on something bc she's checked in on some sm.

sorry for the mistake about downloading the app but the point remains that the owner of the iPhone must physically choose to set the "find my iPhone" app to be on.

and if the owner of the iphone and the iphone itself is missing - another person must know the owner of the iphone's appleid and also their appleid password in order to log into the owner's account to make use of the app. and then of course the iPhone in question must have battery life.

The verify process says only experts in key areas (law, medical, etc) or people specifically known to the case or mentioned in the media.

So I don't see where I would even get to be verified. Especially as tight-lipped as the media is in this case.

I've followed cases on here where verified locals were very informative about the area.....

This info is on the forums thread....near the top and posted by Salem:seeya:

"If a member wants to post as a professional (a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email. "

Please include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name
Location (City and State)
In the subject line please put your user name and which case you are asking to be verified on

All info will be kept strictly confidential.

Thank you!

wsverify@xmission.com

The verify process says only experts in key areas (law, medical, etc) or people specifically known to the case or mentioned in the media.

So I don't see where I would even get to be verified. Especially as tight-lipped as the media is in this case.

Same here.

I have to be over that way tomorrow. I will make a point to go there and look for any sign of security cameras. I also plan to take a trip down Peachtree Road to the landing to take some photos of just how desolate it is. In fact, if it were dark and a person was unfamiliar with the road~they could end up driving right into the river.:scared:

IIRC that very thing has happened on more than one occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Beba for this link. I noticed a sliding glass door in a bedroom on the unit I looked at.
I wish that more people knew how easy it is to slip the regular locks open on these. I had an issue at my home and my landlord mentioned that. I cut a length of wood to fit in the track so it couldn't be opened unless I removed the wood. My problems stopped and before I couldn't even tell someone was coming in and out that way!
Also quite a few years ago, while staying on an upper level floor at a MB hotel, someone came in the balcony doors. Thought we were asleep and I wasn't. He jumped back out and ran, but the PO said they had problems with cat burglars there as high as the 13th floor.

We have a transient population that seem to prey on unsuspecting tourists. My grandmother used to sleep with her doors open, I can't imagine leaving my car unlocked in the middle of the day now. I'm sorry you had a problem here, Surfside, North Litchfield and Pawleys Island have less crime so those may be areas you may want to stay in the future. The south end is pretty safe and more family oriented.

I would call the company or individual that Heather rents from and find out who lived there previously. It wouldn't hurt to know.

Last ping at about 3:00 am to me means:
Battery died and HE was already asleep so didn't realize it.
HE turned phone off to go to sleep.
Phone charger cord was broken and didn't charge the dying phone.
Phone was behaving oddly, so the battery was pulled out (just did this with daughter's phone yesterday) Figured to fix it in the morning.
Phone was destroyed, battery removed or turned off by someone else.

I may be off, but from what I have read, there is nothing that says the phone might not have died at 3:00 am but HE didn't leave her condo until 4:00 am, 5:00 am or anytime the next day. She might have gotten a call from a friend at 2 or 3 am, then someone who was stalking her rang her doorbell by chance at that time and she thought it was whomever called, but it was someone who maybe knocked her out and kidnapped her. She may have gone to meet someone at the landing at 6:00am, or to help someone whom she thought was a friend ("I have a flat tire at Peach Tree Landing..."). There are so many "Could have beens", it is impossible to track down her movements. JMO.

This is incorrect. How ironic that I just bought my son a new i5S yesterday and its automatically on it. All we had to do was toggle the button to on. That's it. Maybe you're referring to older iPhones?

Here's a pic showing its already installed on the i5S:
2qlbjg7.jpg

My husband has the i5C & it's already installed on there too.

I also have geo tracking on all of our phones as a security precaution bc of everything I read on this site.

Also, my 17 y/o lost his phone in school last year. I called AT&T to let them know he lost his phone and to shut it off. They said there was recent usage on it so I told them don't shut it off & I'll report it to he police. I went to the station, they contacted AT&T & an Apple liason who turned on his geo tracking remotely. My son already had location services enabled. As it turned out, somebody from his gym class stole his phone and the police recovered it. We didn't press charges but did make it a matter of record - he got a warning.

I don't know what kind of phone Heather has but she seems to have something with net capability and def has location services set up on something bc she's checked in on some sm.

I remotely installed find my Droid app... Fwiw...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member