SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cc880, wondering if you will be assisting in any searches... If so, which search team would you prefer to pair up with? I ask bc CUE are professionals, whereas the other consisted of volunteers that were inexperienced. The inexperienced team found bones. I think it'd be nice if they had an official off duty le to help guide them so as not to contaminate further evidence found.

I am about 5 hours away from MB. I was going to try to head that way tomorrow but schedule conflicts are preventing me from doing so.

If that changes I am very much wanting to get down to MB and assist with the searches.

Yes the finding of the remains from the one search team was amazing. I agree 100% with CUE with everything being official and documented with professionals.

There is so many safety issues and legal issues and bla bla bla that can come into light when searching by yourself or with a team not supported by LE or associated groups.

But......................................... Someone's family will get to lay their loved one to rest after so many years. Catch 22 ??

Does anyone know when HE's room mate left town? I'm thinking it was before HE went missing, but if roomie's mom picked her up from the airport on the 22nd - I'm assuming when she left town she went to two different places?

I am about 5 hours away from MB. I was going to try to head that way tomorrow but schedule conflicts are preventing me from doing so.

If that changes I am very much wanting to get down to MB and assist with the searches.

Yes the finding of the remains from the one search team was amazing. I agree 100% with CUE with everything being official and documented with professionals.

There is so many safety issues and legal issues and bla bla bla that can come into light when searching by yourself or with a team not supported by LE or associated groups.

But......................................... Someone's family will get to lay their loved one to rest after so many years. Catch 22 ??

CC880, as a member of CUE, SAR & military trained, career in public safety, and a hunter of 4+ decades, I respectfully disagree. A turnip can be sued..
As shown in this case, the public/community is a very valuable resource to squander. Without the concerned citizens, the skeletal remains likely would have never been located.

Imo, there are two primary reasons that missing/murdered persons cases grow cold; perceived hypothesis(see Adam Walsh investigation-3 decades cold), and jurisdiction linkage blindness. There is only two investigative resources that can combat linkage blindness; communication between law enforcement agencies and an aware American public..

Imo, turf protection and egos are the common denominator or motive for these resources being squandered..
A minimum of 8 unsolved missing/murdered female investigations in as many years in Horry County, SC is a silent epidemic, imo. "That Guilt Shall Not Escape, Nor Innocence Suffer" ..TBI's motto..

http://www.experts123.com/q/what-is-linkage-blindness.html
Linkage blindness is a term coined by a professor [Steven Egger] who did a study on serial murderers in democratic nations across the world and compared them with serial murderers in America. What he found is that American law enforcement agencies take Longer to identify serial murderers, and serial murderers commit more murders in America than they do in other democratic nations like England, Germany, and France.

He attributes the reason for that to linkage blindness. American law enforcement agencies suffer from linkage blindness for three reasons: 1) We have what the professor terms a non-system of policing. Our country is made up of a whole bunch of very, very small police departments. I think the average size is on average 15 police officers across the country. The police officers in these small departments think within their jurisdiction and not beyond their borders. Therefore, people can pass through their borders and commit criminal acts and then move on and never get caught.

- See more at: http://www.experts123.com/q/what-is-linkage-blindness.html#sthash.5gqCZOeA.dpuf

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24351115/murrells-inlet-mom-found-alive-after-disappearing
Images from this article:

3123005_G.jpg

3108693_G.jpg

3115268_G.jpg

3115269_G.jpg

Does anyone know when HE's room mate left town? I'm thinking it was before HE went missing, but if roomie's mom picked her up from the airport on the 22nd - I'm assuming when she left town she went to two different places?

well I posted several screenshots of comments made on the FH Facebook page on the matter which got taken down VERY quickly on here, probably for violation of terms of use (I apologize for that by the way). Screenshots showed that there is good reason to believe that HE's roommate was away for christmas during the incident. so if she landed in jersey on the 22nd and she wasn't in town during the incident then where was she?? Also screenshots revealed the name of HE's ex boyfriend. That last one was probably the smoking gun on why my post got taken down.

I wonder if they have used tracking dogs at PTL to try to determine if HE was ever there? I doubt it!

I said I agree 100% with why Cue said with what they said and ect.

I never said I personally agreed with them calling off the search and or personally agree with their suggestions.

Based upon your experience you listed, You and I know both first hand how many people have watched CSI and Dateline NBC and or have read a how to catch a criminal book and think they are superman and go out thinking they can solve every crime out there. However what happens is a complete mess everything in between not to mention sometimes they are the ones needing to be rescued.

I can't tell you how many times I have been working on a case on scene and people have approached me telling me how to do my job.

Not that any and all are welcome and their support is appreciated it is better to have those supported by an official sponsored search team.

The catch 22 is there is several parties and people out in the MB area with tons and tons of hunting experience and know the woods and other secluded areas better than anyone else. Cue tried to call the search off and in the end someone's remains were found.

I will leave the rest of my opinion from this statement. :blushing:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24345097/volunteer-opportunity-to-search-for-missing-girls

Searching the river and the woods for HE alive is futile IMOO. Since LE and CUE are focussing so much time and effort in these areas, it leads me to believe that they know something or have a solid clue that is telling them HE is not alive. It just sounds more like a "recovery operation" than anything else, which is sad and I hate to say it. It's just the impression I get.

If I were looking for HE, I would have performed a door-to-door search within a 5 mile radius from PTL on 12/19. I would have had checkpoints set-up on every road leading out of PTL. Sure, I would have searched the river and areas around her condo for clues but, wouldn't have spent so much time there at the very beginning of the investigation.

We all hope (and think) that HE is still alive. So, why not act and think as if she is still out there? If in fact she is, then, she would be most likely be hidden away from plain sight indoors. For all we know, she could be in one of the other units at her apartment complex! Or, far away by now. Expand the search to Conway.

Don't get me wrong, I honestly hope they find clues today or this weekend. Much more so than a body.

I would have signed up immediately to help with the search if I honestly thought it would help but, sad to say, I really don't. :/

Excellent point.

Locals, please enlighten us. Have there been door-to-door searches?

Come on LE, give us a presser. This is not good. The public needs information.

The residents of Myrtle Beach and surrounding area deserve to know. IS there a predator running loose? Is foul play suspected in Heather's case?

Oh gotcha ... Ok.. It just didn't seem like it because she didn't really indicate she was out of town until she said she landed and was already ready to leave on the 22nd... Thanks for posting that....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said I agree 100% with why Cue said with what they said and ect.

I never said I personally agreed with them calling off the search and or personally agree with their suggestions.

Based upon your experience you listed, You and I know both first hand how many people have watched CSI and Dateline NBC and or have read a how to catch a criminal book and think they are superman and go out thinking they can solve every crime out there. However what happens is a complete mess everything in between not to mention sometimes they are the ones needing to be rescued.

I can't tell you how many times I have been working on a case on scene and people have approached me telling me how to do my job.

Not that any and all are welcome and their support is appreciated it is better to have those supported by an official sponsored search team.

The catch 22 is there is several parties and people out in the MB area with tons and tons of hunting experience and know the woods and other secluded areas better than anyone else. Cue tried to call the search off and in the end someone's remains were found.

I will leave the rest of my opinion from this statement. :blushing:

Help me out, CC880.

Can you explain to me how a group of random people found human remains? LE came in, presumably cleared the area, then said random people went back and found MORE human remains? Admittedly, I have not read every single thing on these boards and in the news about this case, but, the odds of this happening are quite rare, are they not?

What is your theory on what happened to Heather?

I gave my theory on the previous page.

I will answer the rest here in a few minutes.

Help me out, CC880.

Can you explain to me how a group of random people found human remains? LE came in, presumably cleared the area, then said random people went back and found MORE human remains? Admittedly, I have not read every single thing on these boards and in the news about this case, but, the odds of this happening are quite rare, are they not?

What is your theory on what happened to Heather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member