SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the Police Mobile Command unit RV and the unmarked SUV blocking the road were located on Tidewater Rd. I'm wondering if they found even more remains?

On the FB page findheatherelvis page.

My apologies-I misunderstood the original intention of your message. I didn't understand you to mean the independent search as opposed to the overall (meaning LE & CUE-as I believe there's been a break in search days correct?) I can definitely see CUE asking for no independent searches as I have seen searches with people that have no idea, find evidence & think there's no need to call LE, but take the item to them. Not realizing they've now contaminated it. Again-my apologies!

I wondered why the search for that particular area too. There must be something there and why are they still searching? You would think once LE found remains they would have secured it and searched again with their own, without the public.

Brittanee's focused search was where the last ping of her cell phone was and that was in southern Georgetown county. Probably where the perp dumped it not where she ever was. The person of interest was staying a few miles north of that ping...

Also think about this, Why weren't these remains found years ago from regular people or hunters in the area ? Who knows.

I don't know the laws in Myrtle Beach, but this area appears to be near businesses. It looks as though it may be still within MB city limits and there are businesses nearby and what look like apartments/condos. I can't imagine there would be hunting in that area. I can see a local or a few locals walking down the railroad tracks, but not venturing off from them very far or very often.

I am guessing, but as someone who hunted extensively in that type of terrain, I would imagine that having hunting experience provides the search party with someone who is attuned to looking at the details in woods for what is out of place or not right. I spent many a day in the woods before and during the deer season looking 'sign' and therefore a potential hunting stand. As a result, I became more familiar with the type of woods I hunted.

From what I understand LE had nothing to do with the area at first. They and CUE were focused on PTL and the water. It was a group of independent searchers who believed they were too tunnel visioned and decided to search elsewhere on their own. I am not sure how they picked Tidewater, other than perhaps it stood out as a place near HE's condo that a body could be dumped. But they just decided to search and did. When they found remains they immediately backed off and called LE. LE stated the remains were over a 100 ft area off Tidewater. To me that says the group found some first, LE found more second. That group then left Tidewater to the LE and moved on to search somewhere else. (Name of the road is escaping me right now) which was also near HE's condo and secluded. That is where they found the most recent remains. LE is saying it's the same person, but many of us on here think they're wrong. However there have been problems with coyotes the past few years, and they could have dragged the remains off, the question there is - would they have dragged them that far? We won't know til DNA comes back.

Way to random! I restate my opinion that I am surprised that LE hasn't secured both and surroundings areas and conducted a thorough, professional search

Does anyone know...who owns the land where the remains were found?

Does anyone know when HE's room mate left town? I'm thinking it was before HE went missing, but if roomie's mom picked her up from the airport on the 22nd - I'm assuming when she left town she went to two different places?

My understanding is that the room mate was out of town too.

That is very odd. You'd think they'd at least have gone around there with a picture asking if anyone had seen her, or the car.

And ask if they had heard/seen anything that night? Now it is most likely too late for anyone to remember.

Does anyone have approximate street address for the recovery location of both
"sets" of remains?

Agreed- I see absolutely no similarity. Whether you look at the face as a whole, the shape of the face, or feature by feature, there is nothing in common that I can find.

I can see some similar features; the square chin, nose, ears. Just wondering whether the primitive sketches were at issue. Note how one looks much taller than the other.

http://www.southcarolinaradionetwor...olice-impersonator-sought-for-sexual-assault/

description: white male, in his early twenties to mid-thirties in age, with light brown or red hair, with light-colored eyebrows and no facial hair. The suspect was wearing a black t-shirt with “POLICE” written on the front, a black windbreaker style jacket (similar to a law enforcement style) with no patches, khaki pants, black low quarter police style shoes/boots and a box style holster similar to a radio holster (not a gun holster)

Police say the woman was kidnapped in the area of Woodward Avenue in Conway, but then taken outside the city to a cell phone tower in the area of 9th Avenue and Cates Bay Road, where the assault took place.

The suspect held a knife to the woman's throat, pulled off her clothes and raped her, according to the police report.

The woman kicked and punched the man and was able to run away.

"sets" of remains?

This article gives the areas where the remains were found. hth

http://www.wistv.com/story/24322587/skeletal

A search team looking for Heather Elvis, missing since December 18, came across the remains in a wooded area off Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Boulevard and contacted police.

Additional human remains were located on New Year's Day by a search party near Ronald McNair Boulevard, a short distance from the bones found over the weekend.

"sets" of remains?

second set were here:
"The newly found remains were discovered near Ronald McNair Boulevard and Tidewater Road, the site where the last remains were recovered. Those remains were found to be from a male subject, but the second set of bones are as yet undetermined and are undergoing tests."

http://www.examiner.com/article/mor...-myrtle-beach-site-where-skull-was-discovered

I believe the first set of remains(the skull)were found off of Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Blvd but 100 ft into the woods close to the railroad tracks.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...51!3m2!1i1360!2i666!4f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1&fid=0

http://www.wistv.com/story/24322587...r&utm_content=buffer460b7&utm_medium=facebook

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Search parties looking for clues on the disappearances of two young Horry County women have located human bones for a second time.

FoxFire

Isn't this what happened in Long Island. The LE was looking for a missing person Shannon Gilbert I do believe and they came across all them human remains. The potential outcome of this was they did find Shannon Gilbert but they ruled she drowned by accident.

<Mod Snip>

I have the wmbf app on my phone and the only alert that came through today was that they found a man convicted of murder who had escaped from a mental facility yesterday morning. Clearly I had been following that one real close!

I do however have a link to an article at WMBF that has a lot of info on the search, but it has been updated with news of a fundraiser being put on by Olive Garden.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24345097/volunteer-opportunity-to-search-for-missing-girls

This was likely because of a situation earlier in the case where flyers were taken down at Olive Garden by management and the community reached out to corporate to give them a little smack on the hand. IIRC Corporate responded with a letter to employees to put them back up and requested HE's family contact them to see what more they could do. I guess this was the more?

Edited to add: Oh yeah, and that's where the additional $5,000 came from too. It said in the article OG was going to use funds to add to reward and for supplies for the search.

Thankfully he has been recaptured !!!

I have the wmbf app on my phone and the only alert that came through today was that they found a man convicted of murder who had escaped from a mental facility yesterday morning. Clearly I had been following that one real close!

I do however have a link to an article at WMBF that has a lot of info on the search, but it has been updated with news of a fundraiser being put on by Olive Garden.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24345097/volunteer-opportunity-to-search-for-missing-girls

This was likely because of a situation earlier in the case where flyers were taken down at Olive Garden by management and the community reached out to corporate to give them a little smack on the hand. IIRC Corporate responded with a letter to employees to put them back up and requested HE's family contact them to see what more they could do. I guess this was the more?

Edited to add: Oh yeah, and that's where the additional $5,000 came from too. It said in the article OG was going to use funds to add to reward and for supplies for the search.

I'm not surprised nobody noticed the remains earlier. People and remains are not as easy to find as you would think they would be.

I was part of a search party years ago for a missing horseback rider who had been thrown off his horse on a mountain trail. We walked within about 10 feet of where he had huddled under a fallen tree to keep warm. He was conscious and trying to attract our attention and we didn't see him. And this was on an open Western mountainside, not the trees and heavy leaf-fall of the east.

This on twitter from WMBF, interesting wording "location of".

BrennanSomersWMBF &#8207;@brennansomers 50m
BREAKING: Reward for information leading to location of #HeatherElvis now at $25,000- per Elvis family

I'm new to this forum but live in a neighboring county and have followed the Drexel and Elvis cases closely. I am in the area at least once a week and was there on New Year's Day and noticed the billboards and signs everywhere.

I work in law enforcement and the absence of the occasional press release is baffling. Even if there is nothing new to report, it shows a commitment to the case and could help in easing the minds of the public.

I also wanted to mention that I'm 99% certain that based on the twitter picture in an earlier post, her phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3. Find my phone is not activated out of the box on droids, but can be activated remotely through the google account the phone is registered to.

My thoughts and prayers are with HE's friends and family and all of those out there searching for her. I can't imagine a greater nightmare than not knowing where my child is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01