SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me out, CC880.

Can you explain to me how a group of random people found human remains? LE came in, presumably cleared the area, then said random people went back and found MORE human remains? Admittedly, I have not read every single thing on these boards and in the news about this case, but, the odds of this happening are quite rare, are they not?

What is your theory on what happened to Heather?

From what I understand LE had nothing to do with the area at first. They and CUE were focused on PTL and the water. It was a group of independent searchers who believed they were too tunnel visioned and decided to search elsewhere on their own. I am not sure how they picked Tidewater, other than perhaps it stood out as a place near HE's condo that a body could be dumped. But they just decided to search and did. When they found remains they immediately backed off and called LE. LE stated the remains were over a 100 ft area off Tidewater. To me that says the group found some first, LE found more second. That group then left Tidewater to the LE and moved on to search somewhere else. (Name of the road is escaping me right now) which was also near HE's condo and secluded. That is where they found the most recent remains. LE is saying it's the same person, but many of us on here think they're wrong. However there have been problems with coyotes the past few years, and they could have dragged the remains off, the question there is - would they have dragged them that far? We won't know til DNA comes back.

Excellent point.

Locals, please enlighten us. Have there been door-to-door searches?

Come on LE, give us a presser. This is not good. The public needs information.

The residents of Myrtle Beach and surrounding area deserve to know. IS there a predator running loose? Is foul play suspected in Heather's case?
My mom's elderly friend has been ill and didn't go out of town for the holidays, she said there were no door to door searches, that was the first thing I asked.

From what I understand LE had nothing to do with the area at first. They and CUE were focused on PTL and the water. It was a group of independent searchers who believed they were too tunnel visioned and decided to search elsewhere on their own. I am not sure how they picked Tidewater, other than perhaps it stood out as a place near HE's condo that a body could be dumped. But they just decided to search and did. When they found remains they immediately backed off and called LE. LE stated the remains were over a 100 ft area off Tidewater. To me that says the group found some first, LE found more second. That group then left Tidewater to the LE and moved on to search somewhere else. (Name of the road is escaping me right now) which was also near HE's condo and secluded. That is where they found the most recent remains. LE is saying it's the same person, but many of us on here think they're wrong. However there have been problems with coyotes the past few years, and they could have dragged the remains off, the question there is - would they have dragged them that far? We won't know til DNA comes back.

Thanks.

Has anyone been able to determine where the exact recovery locations for the remains are that were found? I would really like to map them, to get a visual on these things.

The chances of finding human remains are rare.

The chances of finding 2 different locations for human remains close together, seems beyond rare to me.

2 cents JMO

My mom's elderly friend has been ill and didn't go out of town for the holidays, she said there were no door to door searches, that was the first thing I asked.

That is very odd. You'd think they'd at least have gone around there with a picture asking if anyone had seen her, or the car.

I wonder if they have used tracking dogs at PTL to try to determine if HE was ever there? I doubt it!

The new story with photos posted a few above shows the CUE K-9 team.

I doubt Horry county has anything but drug dogs. No reason to really. (Actually, plenty of reasons to, but that is beside the point).

It seems that this group of independent searchers have something special, almost magical going for them in their search. Intuition, intelligence and common sense and good eyes. I hope that this group is still out there searching for Heather.

MOO, not even close to being the same person....

Agreed- I see absolutely no similarity. Whether you look at the face as a whole, the shape of the face, or feature by feature, there is nothing in common that I can find.

It waa right there whatever that SR is. It was by the BP blocking the road.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388770911618.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388770911618.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 83
I'm having a hard time understanding why everyone thinks it's so rare to have other remains found while searching for, well, anything including a missing person.

Didn't searchers find not one, not two, but THREE sets (or parts) of human remains while searching for Abigail Hernandez?

It seems to be happening more often than not lately, IMO.

The new story with photos posted a few above shows the CUE K-9 team.

I doubt Horry county has anything but drug dogs. No reason to really. (Actually, plenty of reasons to, but that is beside the point).

I noticed in one of the videos I was watching last night, that one of the LEO's in the boat had "Bloodhounds" on the back of his police issued suits.

HUGE difference between bloodhounds and SAR dogs, I will leave that discussion for the experts at WS. I have learned enough here to know that NOT ALL DOGS ARE THE SAME.

Who exactly IS in control of the search efforts for Heather? What is their objective? Are they searching for a body? Is the public at risk?

LE - while the public and citizens still want to help, please give some direction here. They deserve it. I am not saying that you all are doing a bad job. Not at all. But, sometimes these types of cases require expert assistance. If you need help, please get it.

There are young girls missing. :(

First off I do not work for am or I associated at all with HCPD. Nor am I anywhere near MB for my primary residence. All my information and concussions have been solely based upon what I have found publicly through the media and SM and Google.

My first answer would be for long range of time. Why were these remains not found years ago or when they searched for Britanee:

We or at least I do not know the terrain or amount of brush in the area where the remains were found. Or what that area was like years ago. Plus we are in winter so there is no growth of the vegetation. This allows items to get exposed. According to the reports it appeared the remains had been there awhile. And as weird or disgusting as it may sound animals love to eat what food they can find or bones. And remains can get scattered.

Again the catch 22 theory ???

If there were local residence or hunters that knew this area well and knew of different locations and experience with the terrain then that may explain why LE didn't find the remains. And its possible that at the beginning of their investigation they were searching for a missing person hoping she is still alive and not a recovery for remains. I don't know and cannot answer that.

Being in LE nothing is rare and not one case is ever the same as another case. Everything is a learning experience and every single case there is always a challenge or challenges.

Also think about this, Why weren't these remains found years ago from regular people or hunters in the area ? Who knows.

Help me out, CC880.

Can you explain to me how a group of random people found human remains? LE came in, presumably cleared the area, then said random people went back and found MORE human remains? Admittedly, I have not read every single thing on these boards and in the news about this case, but, the odds of this happening are quite rare, are they not?

What is your theory on what happened to Heather?

Also think about this, Why weren't these remains found years ago from regular people or hunters in the area ? Who knows.

snipped

Exactly my question. Were searchers made aware that LE had been in the area before on a search? There's always the terrifying possibility that someone with this knowledge moved the remains there thinking no one would come back. They'd had to have been in a mighty panic to not conceal them better, so I'm not very convinced this was the case here.

Any word on that stolen cop car?? All these incidents make me severely regret how careless my friends and I used to be when vacationing as teenagers. Sneaking out in the middle of the night, going to strange groups of people's hotel rooms because they were relatively close to our age (which we lied about, naturally), splitting up in case our interest in a specific boy took us in different directions.. no amount of cautioning from our parents made us rethink any of that..

That is very odd. You'd think they'd at least have gone around there with a picture asking if anyone had seen her, or the car.

That's what I think too but so much has been focused on Peadhtree Landing that I think HCPD believe she's in or near the water.

It seems that this group of independent searchers have something special, almost magical going for them in their search. Intuition, intelligence and common sense and good eyes. I hope that this group is still out there searching for Heather.

And I hope one of these wonderful independent searchers isn't sticky...

Cue tried to call the search off and in the end someone's remains were found.

Shortened by me. I wouldn't necessarily assume this was the order of events...unless of course you know something we don't? From the MSM coverage out there it doesn't appear that this the search was called off prior to the remains being found. MOO.

All these incidents make me severely regret how careless my friends and I used to be when vacationing as teenagers. Sneaking out in the middle of the night, going to strange groups of people's hotel rooms because they were relatively close to our age (which we lied about, naturally), splitting up in case our interest in a specific boy took us in different directions.. no amount of cautioning from our parents made us rethink any of that..

Ohhh you are NOT kidding. I gave my parents numerous strokes and they don't know the half of it.

It's only now that my older kids are 18/19/20 that they are starting to realize I might not be b@t$#it crazy, but I know they still don't appreciate just how dangerous this world is. I especially worry about my daughter- she's 18, beautiful, trusting and views the world as all rainbows and butterflies and glittery happiness. (She bears a striking resemblance to Miss Heather, might be why this case has grabbed my heart and not letting go...)

I'm having a hard time understanding why everyone thinks it's so rare to have other remains found while searching for, well, anything including a missing person.

Didn't searchers find not one, not two, but THREE sets (or parts) of human remains while searching for Abigail Hernandez?

It seems to be happening more often than not lately, IMO.

Bc on more than one case on here we've seen the actual perp insert theirself into a search and help find remains. We've also witnessed on numerous occasions on here that certain really nice people offer up their time, help find remains, yet ruin a case bc they couldn't keep their mouth shut in the media as they were liking their 15 minutes just a little bit too much. They end up being bad witnesses for the prosecution. If the sanctity of the evidence can't be secured, then neither can the prosecution utilizing said evidence.

Cue tried to call the search off and in the end someone's remains were found. /QUOTE]

Shortened by me. I wouldn't necessarily assume this was the order of events...unless of course you know something we don't? From the MSM coverage out there it doesn't appear that this the search was called off prior to the remains being found. MOO.

Actually CUE tried to stop it via the FHE facebook the day prior to the search. They had heard of people planning it and had asked the public not to search on their own because of fear of ruining evidence.

On the FB page findheatherelvis page.

Cue tried to call the search off and in the end someone's remains were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar