SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE needs to do a news update to the public, this has gone on too long with NO official news. People are searching, folks are donating funds to the family, items are being donated for distribution and fundraisers are being planned...LE needs to update the community!!

This is OFTEn the case. I hoped a smaller city would do better at addressing the public. But without a suspect (if they do not have one) or a vehicle description, or a crime scene, what they end up with is a person old enough to take off on her own missing. All they know to do, IMO, is search using her car as a starting point and try to check alibis of convicted offenders. They can't really reassure the public, or warn them, when they do not know what they have.

But I always, always think LE would do better to be open from the start. They worry too much about evidence and legalities, as LE tends to do and do not provide info to the public quickly enough to be useful, if at all. So many cases like this one tend to "fade away" after a month or so, no matter how strong the initial interest. People move on, as we have seen, including friends of the MP, especially in this age group, pretty quickly. Attention spans are shrinking by the day, IMO. It is up to LE and families.

JMO

The more I think about this, the angrier I am getting. It's like LE is removed from the search and the case. They should be announcing the ongoing searches, the reward money, the tip lines and email addresses to contact...the silence is deafening!!! What do they know that is keeping them quiet?

Today a friend and I were on 544, we drove down to Peachtree Landing and recorded a portion of it. I apologize in advance that it wasn't recording on the drive to the landing but at least it gives you an idea of the area and the drive back. This is my first video so please be kind.

Peachtree Landing Road - YouTube

Bumping my own post from thread #2... Post#468

PeterThomasFan said:
I wish the LE would release daily updates on their search efforts! Not all of the news stations are even covering the case on a daily basis (WPDE, for example had nothing on last night!). Plus, they are only supplying the same info over and over again. Nothing investigative what-so-ever as mentioned in a previous post. So, there is going to be a natural resentment and a sense of helplessness in the community IMO. Not to mention all the people being turned away that are trying to help find HE (which I think is ridiculous at this point). HE is either still here somewhere locally hidden away or far gone IMO. But, that doesn't mean she can't still be found safely.

If there was a daily update, at least then, we would all be reassured that they are doing the best possible job that they can! And, it would avoid a lot of confusion, speculation and rumors to circulate.

Any facts or information could possibly help us find Heather!

They are also asking for the public's help but IMO, it works both ways.

QUESTIONS:

1.) Have there been any searches around other parts of Peachtree Rd.? There are a lot of swampy areas, lakes, ponds, and water just looking at the map of area... http://goo.gl/05ejWT

2.) Has a door-to-door search been made around Peachtree and White River Dr.?

3.) Have they identified the "date" HE went on and questioned him extensively? No mention of him in the news or otherwise. Was he eliminated as a suspect? Then, let us all know!

4.) Where is HE's phone? Was it geo-tracked? If so, where and when exactly? Why is the info so vague?

5.) Was her car processed for fingerprints?

6.) HE was last seen [spoke to - corrected by @TruthPrevails] at 2am at her condo. WHO saw her? WHERE did they see her? In her condo? In the parking lot? In her car? With someone else? ...Which, to me doesn't even make sense! If you think about it, if she was last seen in her condo, that would mean someone actually saw her INSIDE her condo, right? See what I mean?

7.) What clues did HE's 3am conversation with her Roommate give if any?

8.) What National coverage is this getting? And, if not, why not? (CNN, Nancy Grace, AMW/John Walsh, freakin' Oprah!, etc.)

9.) Has anyone "profiled" a perp?

Too many questions and too little info to help IMO. I just wish the LE would supply more info! Frustrating!

10.) Why is LE and CUE spending so much time searching PTL and River Oaks?

Truth Prevails Post#479 said:
Bold by me - I believe 2 am is the last time someone spoke to Heather. It was reported in the media that she phoned her mother sometime around that hour to let her know she was back from her date. (I have also seen the hour reported as 12:00 midnight, and 1 am was mentioned by a local poster.)

This is OFTEn the case. I hoped a smaller city would do better at addressing the public. But without a suspect (if they do not have one) or a vehicle description, or a crime scene, what they end up with is a person old enough to take off on her own missing. All they know to do, IMO, is search using her car as a starting point and try to check alibis of convicted offenders. They can't really reassure the public, or warn them, when they do not know what they have.

But I always, always think LE would do better to be open from the start. They worry too much about evidence and legalities, as LE tends to do and do not provide info to the public quickly enough to be useful, if at all. So many cases like this one tend to "fade away" after a month or so, no matter how strong the initial interest. People move on, as we have seen, including friends of the MP, especially in this age group, pretty quickly. Attention spans are shrinking by the day, IMO. It is up to LE and families.

JMO

Exactly!! The ones most likely to know what her routine is and who her connections are will move on.

Well look at the video that was just posted

My first impression there is so much brush and wooded area that could be hiding evidence or more

Bumping my own post from thread #2...

10.) Why is LE and CUE spending so much time searching PTL and River Oaks?

First video ? very impressive video

Today a friend and I were on 544, we drove down to Peachtree Landing and recorded a portion of it. I apologize in advance that it wasn't recording on the drive to the landing but at least it gives you an idea of the area and the drive back. This is my first video so please be kind.

I continue to hope that the silence from LE means they have a good idea about who did this and don't believe he or she is a threat to others, or have this person in surveillance so they won't be a threat to others. I'm perfectly fine with everyone thinking I'm naive, or have rose colored glasses. I have nothing else to go on, so I will just keep the faith. I'm not one who follows every case, but I've followed several, and I don't recall anything like this. So, I continue to pray that LE has their reasons, and that they are good ones.

Unusual to hear so little from friends so maybe they're been told to be quiet as well.

LE needs to do a news update to the public, this has gone on too long with NO official news. People are searching, folks are donating funds to the family, items are being donated for distribution and fundraisers are being planned...LE needs to update the community!!

In most other cities you would hear a public briefing or two. Unfortunately this city depends heavily on tourist revenue during the summer. With that in mind I fear city officials would rather not risk shining a light on this terrible issue nationally. Nobody wants to vacation in a place that holds a reputation for people winding up missing.

The more I think about this, the angrier I am getting. It's like LE is removed from the search and the case. They should be announcing the ongoing searches, the reward money, the tip lines and email addresses to contact...the silence is deafening!!! What do they know that is keeping them quiet?

For now, I am going to have faith that LE knows more than they are saying and are waiting for someone to slip up. The fact that Monica Caison and Cue are still here gives me confidence, they have been a godsend to this community.

Your dog is like "**** this place"

For now, I am going to have faith that LE knows more than they are saying and are waiting for someone to slip up. The fact that Monica Caison and Cue are still here gives me confidence, they have been a godsend to this community.

First video ? very impressive video

Thanks. I take photos for eBay but never have used the video which is why I didn't realize it wasn't recording until right before we got to the landing. It took me a while to get it to load on youtube. I uploaded it the first time and let youtube remove the shakiness but it distorted everything so I reloaded it.

I agree that the lack of a press release is baffling. I can say that living in the area, I have been uneasy. I would think with this much attention on the case they would say something. They don't even have to release details of the case but either a "we don't feel there's any threat to the community" or a "stay vigilant and aware" would let me at least know what KIND of person they think they're dealing with. I really want to know if my community is still safe. I respect LE and understand they have difficult jobs but at the same time, they work for me and my community and should at least address us.

Yeah I agree, especially with New Years Eve events at Broadway and Market Commons? I would have expected some more information so that they wouldn't have everyone afraid to go out.

Your dog is like "**** this place"

That was the first time I'd been down that Peachtree Road in years, my cousin and his best friend went missing there and were found days later near Enterprise Landing. Not a place I really wanted to go today but if it will help find Heather then it's worth it.

I continue to hope that the silence from LE means they have a good idea about who did this and don't believe he or she is a threat to others, or have this person in surveillance so they won't be a threat to others. I'm perfectly fine with everyone thinking I'm naive, or have rose colored glasses. I have nothing else to go on, so I will just keep the faith. I'm not one who follows every case, but I've followed several, and I don't recall anything like this. So, I continue to pray that LE has their reasons, and that they are good ones.

Unusual to hear so little from friends so maybe they're been told to be quiet as well.

I actually agree and I feel this is the case too.

That was the first time I'd been down that Peachtree Road in years, my cousin and his best friend went missing there and were found days later near Enterprise Landing. Not a place I really wanted to go today but if it will help find Heather then it's worth it.

Drowning? Can you fill us in a bit? If you don't want to talk about it, that is fine.

Thank you for your video. The dog made me laugh.

Does anyone go swimming at that boat ramp is that even possible.

In most other cities you would hear a public briefing or two. Unfortunately this city depends heavily on tourist revenue during the summer. With that in mind I fear city officials would rather not risk shining a light on this terrible issue nationally. Nobody wants to vacation in a place that holds a reputation for people winding up missing.

Mysterons23, excellent post, and food thought...

I would hope that by now city, county, and state officials would realize that the light has been shined on this terrible issue, and it is already national, as well as international. The internet social sites are a very valuable communication medium for spreading awareness. Coupled with MS Media and the 13 donated Billboards, the cat is out of the bag.. Silence by investigators is a predators most lethal weapon...
An aware community is a much safer community, imo..

going back to where she worked..........how long was she at TShirt? FB says she used to be at college and House of Blues.
also who goes there regularly at lunch or dinner? Is it in a plaza with other businesses?
She was leaving to go to work at a salon doing what? no license?
Servers and hairdressers (me) are people pleasers and are attracted to men that are cold, abusive, narcassists and we want to 'fix them'............I wish her friends were here to give us some clues as to where to sleuth.
JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members