SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine her family knows more, anyway.
Maybe there is no sign of a crime, just a missing adult woman. No signs of violence, blood, etc. We do not know enough to rule anything out, IMO. Waiting for LE to mention a POI or a crime.

Drowning? Can you fill us in a bit? If you don't want to talk about it, that is fine.

Thank you for your video. The dog made me laugh.

No, I honestly don't mind.
About 20 plus years ago we got a call some time after dark (around August) that my cousin and his best friend had gone fishing and hadn't returned. He loved to fish, knew the river well and was always off the water before dark so we thought he'd had problems with his boat motor. Everyone began searching, Peachtree Landing is where we found his truck and boat trailer late that night. We all expected him to come walking up or call but that didn't happen. At daylight the next morning the searches began and we kept coming up with nothing. Divers searched for several days. Several days later both were found but the boat or any signs of it never appeared. We didn't know what had happened.
HCPD began investigating, they checked with the local hospital and someone had shown up to have a broken arm set. They were so drunk at the emergency room they told the doctor they'd hit a log in the river. Due to a little dirty Horry County politics (nothing to do with HCPD, they were great) the drunk driver was never charged for killing two innocent men.

I thought the dogs were funny too, two rescues that belong to my friend.

So, sorry Beba. Must be so difficult for you to be involved with this and your commitment and involvement is brave and impressive.
:hug:

About 20 plus years ago we got a call some time after dark (around August) that my cousin and his best friend had gone fishing and hadn't returned. He loved to fish, knew the river well and was always off the water before dark so we thought he'd had problems with his boat motor. Everyone began searching, Peachtree Landing is where we found his truck and boat trailer late that night. We all expected him to come walking up or call but that didn't happen. At daylight the next morning the searches began and we kept coming up with nothing. Divers searched for several days. Several days later both were found but the boat or any signs of it never appeared. We didn't know what had happened.
HCPD began investigating, they checked with the local hospital and someone had shown up to have a broken arm set. They were so drunk at the emergency room they told the doctor they'd hit a log in the river. Due to a little dirty Horry County politics (nothing to do with HCPD, they were great) the drunk driver was never charged for killing two innocent men.

That is terrible. Thank you for sharing.

From what I have seen, press releases or conferences are becoming fewer and more far between in lots of cases. The ones where LE usually keeps up briefings is with kids under ten or so. They don't stick to the cases with young adults long, especially with no obvious crime scene. JMO

As long as the community stays involved it's not going to go away. I've got some health issues that I'm currently dealing with to keep me from being able to search by foot. Keep in mind that Horry County council controls HCPD and those are our ELECTED officials. They can be replaced and it's usually nice to give them a reminder of that fact.

Horry County Council definitely needs a wakeup if they don't see the missing in our area as an issue.

More news coverage on todays search & more pictures.

Community gets involved with Heather Elvis search efforts

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24359516/community-gets-involved-with-heather-elvis-search-efforts

Thank you Dr. Know.

From the above link: (BBM)

"MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) -
Search crews were out in the 30 degree weather Friday looking for anything related to the disappearance of 20-year-old Heather Elvis.

CUE Center officials told News 13 that multiple police units were involved in the search, some had even come as far as Missouri and Florida.

There were 5 K-9 units on the scene as well as people combing the area on horseback and ATVs.

In total, officials say there were about 100 people searching Friday morning."

Peachy if you're still around can you pop downstairs for a rewind?

Thank you for posting the video of the drive to PTL. I can't see why ANY young woman would drive that far out of the way for anything or to meet anyone in the middle of the night. Seeing the video of the place during daylight hours creeped me out enough. It's so isolated & it looks like anything could happen there & nobody would hear if you needed help... :(
After seeing the video, my thoughts are that either a perp dropped HE's car off at PTL to dump/hide it following whatever crime occurred, somehow getting a ride back...or, that a perp forced HE to drive to PTL, did who knows what, then left the car & again, somehow got back to 'town.' The latter theory doesn't make sense, unless the perp dumped HE in the water or on land somewhere around PTL and searchers just haven't found her, yet.
Was HE ever even at PTL??? I know someone mentioned that HE's seat was set at the appropriate driving setting for her height, but that would be easy to switch. For example, I'm several inches taller than my sister, so after I use her car, I make sure to pull the seat closer to the steering wheel, where she likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's terrible Beba! I'm sure it was very hard to go there today and video to help those of us too far away to get a visual. What a truly selfless act! :gthanks:

Btw, for a first video, you did a wonderful job!!

So, sorry Beba. Must be so difficult for you to be involved with this and your commitment and involvement is brave and impressive.
:hug:

Thanks, it was something I've needed to do and have avoided. Hopefully others seeing it will bring new ideas to help find Heather.

That's terrible Beba! I'm sure it was very hard to go there today and video to help those of us too far away to get a visual. What a truly selfless act! :gthanks:

Btw, for a first video, you did a wonderful job!!

Thank you. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, my friend is a terrible driver and I gave her explicit instructions not to speed, hit bumps in the road and not to drive in the center. LOL We were there around 2:15/2:30 this afternoon, imagine being there after dark. I just can't imagine Heather going there late at night.

Cc880, wondering if you will be assisting in any searches... If so, which search team would you prefer to pair up with? I ask bc CUE are professionals, whereas the other consisted of volunteers that were inexperienced. The inexperienced team found bones. I think it'd be nice if they had an official off duty le to help guide them so as not to contaminate further evidence found.

I know this isn't directed to me, sorry, maybe I can be of help? Trying to catch up tonight, forgive me if this is duplicate information. I joined the search today, and while it was organized and ran by CUE, the majority of volunteers were (like myself) inexperienced. The volunteers were grouped into teams, and each team had an experienced leader. We were given very strict/precise information on what to do if we came across anything so as not to contaminate any possible evidence.

On another note I had the honor of meeting Monica Caison from CUE today and she is a true saint; I can't imagine how she does this all!

Thank you for posting the video of the drive to PTL. I can't see why ANY young woman would drive that far out of the way for anything or to meet anyone in the middle of the night. Seeing the video of the place during daylight hours creeped me out enough. It's so isolated & it looks like anything could happen there & nobody would hear if you needed help... :(
After seeing the video, my thoughts are that either a perp dropped HE's car off at PTL to dump/hide it following whatever crime occurred, somehow getting a ride back...or, that a perp forced HE to drive to PTL, did who knows what, then left the car & again, somehow got back to 'town.' The latter theory doesn't make sense, unless the perp dumped HE in the water or on land somewhere around PTL and searchers just haven't found her, yet.
Was HE ever even at PTL??? I know someone mentioned that HE's seat was set at the appropriate driving setting for her height, but that would be easy to switch. For example, I'm several inches taller than my sister, so after I use her car, I make sure to pull the seat closer to the steering wheel, where she likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) I echo your sentiments to Beba.
2) I had the same thoughts with the video. Very eerie feeling.
3) I wonder how someone would know exactly where HE kept her seat & how a perp could be ruled out of using the same. I thought of this because while I'm 5'8", my son is 5'9", hubby 6'0"ish. I'm a lot taller torso wise than my hubby and am motor comfortable closer to the wheel. My son & hubby sit around the same length from the wheel even though their 3 inches apart. Not to mention, you can always drive a little closer than normal if necessary to ensure someone thinks nobody else was in the car.
I honestly don't think without my memory set in my vehicle my hubby would have no idea where my seat was set at.
Does that make any sense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If HE is alive and kidnapped, she could be anywhere by now..........I wonder if any man has been reported as missing for weeks............???

I know this isn't directed to me, sorry, maybe I can be of help? Trying to catch up tonight, forgive me if this is duplicate information. I joined the search today, and while it was organized and ran by CUE, the majority of volunteers were (like myself) inexperienced. The volunteers were grouped into teams, and each team had an experienced leader. We were given very strict/precise information on what to do if we came across anything so as not to contaminate any possible evidence.

On another note I had the honor of meeting Monica Caison from CUE today and she is a true saint; I can't imagine how she does this all!

thanks for the info........did you get the feeling you are on a recovery mission or just for clues?

I agree with getting a creepy feeling when watching the video.

After seeing it, I don't think she would've driven down there to meet anyone. I know I did crazy in love stuff at 20, but at 3am, I wasn't down in the woods alone. (I'd go down in the woods with someone I trusted though).

Thanks to Beba! I drove down there last week and agree, it's not somewhere a single woman travels alone, especially at night. She knew who she was meeting or her car was placed there.

On another note - thanks to ALL the searchers, it was cold and windy today...not the best weather, all of your efforts are so appreciated.

Praying for Heather and her family!

If HE is alive and kidnapped, she could be anywhere by now..........I wonder if any man has been reported as missing for weeks............???

Or more secretive than normal, keeping to himself, restrictive. I'm thinking Ariel Castroish. Options are endless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today a friend and I were on 544, we drove down to Peachtree Landing and recorded a portion of it. I apologize in advance that it wasn't recording on the drive to the landing but at least it gives you an idea of the area and the drive back. This is my first video so please be kind.

Peachtree Landing Road - YouTube

Thank you so much Beba! Your dog was growling just a little. I wonder if he sensed something as you neared the bottom right side of the landing or if he was maybe growling at the man with his boat? I had a chihuahua years ago that growled at every single stranger that he was near. His name was Bubba but I called him Reagan (from The Exorcist) lol. The little freak was sooooo totally possessed! Hahaha.

She may have gone there if feeling depressed or hopeless. Not suggesting this, but not impossible. She seemed kind of all over the place on her SM, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat