SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, feeding off of your post, I want to know if I'm understanding it correctly... What you're saying is that hunters know or have the capability of finding out which land they can hunt on vs not hunt on. Right? If so, then is it safe to say that a person that doesn't hunt wouldn't know which land hunters frequent bc they don't have that experience, knowledge. Furthermore, is it then safe to assume the perp responsible for the remains (bones) found off of Tidewater could have very likely been a hunter (or had hunting knowledge) and dumped the body there bc he knew it wouldn't be found quickly since that area isn't used for hunting?

I think that would be a great assumption.

Today a friend and I were on 544, we drove down to Peachtree Landing and recorded a portion of it. I apologize in advance that it wasn't recording on the drive to the landing but at least it gives you an idea of the area and the drive back. This is my first video so please be kind.

Great video! I personally don't think the drive looks ominous, this is how countless roads in Horry County look.

Horry County Clowncil is probably huddling trying to work out damage control for the influx of tourists headed our way in 2-3 months.

They are not concerned with crime or the homeless....they only care about keeping the bad things from our tourists. 2 of the Clowncil member businesses rely on tourists to keep them fat and happy....who do you think they are concerned about? Tourists, or crime?
One Horry County Councilman has children close to Heather's age, it could easily be one of his children. Finding the perpetrator (I don't think Heather left on her own) and prosecuting would be much better for tourism than letting this turn into another Brittanee Drexel unsolved mystery.

Love the term "Clowncil".

No, I honestly don't mind.
About 20 plus years ago we got a call some time after dark (around August) that my cousin and his best friend had gone fishing and hadn't returned. He loved to fish, knew the river well and was always off the water before dark so we thought he'd had problems with his boat motor. Everyone began searching, Peachtree Landing is where we found his truck and boat trailer late that night. We all expected him to come walking up or call but that didn't happen. At daylight the next morning the searches began and we kept coming up with nothing. Divers searched for several days. Several days later both were found but the boat or any signs of it never appeared. We didn't know what had happened.
HCPD began investigating, they checked with the local hospital and someone had shown up to have a broken arm set. They were so drunk at the emergency room they told the doctor they'd hit a log in the river. Due to a little dirty Horry County politics (nothing to do with HCPD, they were great) the drunk driver was never charged for killing two innocent men.

I thought the dogs were funny too, two rescues that belong to my friend.

I'm so sorry.

Just to give people an idea of how difficult it is to search for someone....think about looking for something in a 12" x 12" square. Not too hard, huh?

Now....expand that to 43,560 squares. Now add in dirt, trees, underbrush, snakes, thorns, and leaves.

Bad news is...you've only looked at 1 ACRE of squares.

The area off Tidewater looks to be north of 500 acres.

So, now there's 21,780,000 of those little squares to search.

Alright Ben Stein. Calm your britches show off. So you know math. A+ 100! :floorlaugh:

Jk. Just a little levity.

One Horry County Councilman has children close to Heather's age, it could easily be one of his children. Finding the perpetrator (I don't think Heather left on her own) and prosecuting would be much better for tourism than letting this turn into another Brittanee Drexel unsolved mystery.

Love the term "Clowncil".

I agree, and I would hope that to be the case.

But, what I see going on around here doesn't lend itself to that premise....and it didn't seem to be the case with BD either.

I think there are 1-2 really good people on the HCC....unfortunately I think the Good Ole Boys overrule the good things these people try to do.

So, feeding off of your post, I want to know if I'm understanding it correctly... What you're saying is that hunters know or have the capability of finding out which land they can hunt on vs not hunt on. Right? If so, then is it safe to say that a person that doesn't hunt wouldn't know which land hunters frequent bc they don't have that experience, knowledge. Furthermore, is it then safe to assume the perp responsible for the remains (bones) found off of Tidewater could have very likely been a hunter (or had hunting knowledge) and dumped the body there bc he knew it wouldn't be found quickly since that area isn't used for hunting?

Just thinking aloud here(or typing)-could also be someone employed at or who frequents one of those businesses that knows that area isn't visited much or that knows it's not hunt able possibly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bless all the searchers. I am glad to hear about K-9's also. It is so hard.
Here we have 70 acres and try to travel by quads to look around for different things on the property all year.
It is rough. Our dogs usually spot things out to us.
When you have a farm, people drop off animals, garbage and thankfully we never had a person. But we do look every time we here of a missing person in our area.

I think that would be a great assumption.

Ok, then the next question I have is if a person needs to apply for a hunting license in order to hunt...or do they just need to have a license for a gun? Can anybody hunt or do they have to pass a test? I think hunting laws vary from state to state just like gun possession does. Does each county jurisdiction have their own set of hunting regulations? Are you familiar with these laws in SC?

Guess I lied. That was more than one question. I'm sorry.

Thank you so much, both for your explanation as well as your service in searching. Such a selfless contribution. Thank you. Its great that there were so many volunteer searchers, and even better that some of them were cops & trained professionals. It's impressive!

Aw, not impressive, just being a mom. I met a lot of really wonderful people out there today and will definitely be back out tomorrow!

Thank you. I'm hoping Heather has a happier ending.

Thanks for searching too!

You're welcome, and I don't know if I'd be searching if I didn't believe that Heather could still be alive.

Beba, I am so very sorry for your loss. What a wonderful caring person you are to find the strength to record this area. Shame on the HC politics! How does a drunk driver that killed 2 people get away without being charged? How does that even happen? At the very least he should have been charged with 2 counts of manslaughter. Wth?

Thank you, it's been a long time but you never forget. HC is the good old boys and like you I still think WTH.
If something has happened to Heather I hope there will be justice.

Ok, then the next question I have is if a person needs to apply for a hunting license in order to hunt...or do they just need to have a license for a gun? Can anybody hunt or do they have to pass a test? I think hunting laws vary from state to state just like gun possession does. Does each county jurisdiction have their own set of hunting regulations? Are you familiar with these laws in SC?

They must also have a hunting license. It's a SC hunting license vs. a county issued one. I'm not familiar with the laws related to animals other than dove or other waterfowl (migratory bird) because that's the only thing my dad hunts. There are also additional permit, tag & stamp (e.g. Federal Waterfowl Stamp or Big Game Permit) requirements, depending on the animal being hunted.

There are also limitations on WHEN you can hunt (seasons). Dove season dates this year for SC: sept 2 - oct 5 (sept 2-7 during afternoon hrs only), nov 23-30 & December 19 - January 15.

The only happy ending that seems at all realistic now is if she took off of her own will. But how, without a car? I think the most likely options are suicide, murder or accidental death, unfortunately. Bodies are often missed or just overlooked. I hope she is found soon, but so often it is only by chance. Could be days, weeks, months, or longer. I do not think she just took off, taking nothing, apparently, with her. JMO

You don't have to apply...but you do have to show valid drivers license or ID and provide a SS number to get the hunting license.

going back to where she worked..........how long was she at TShirt? FB says she used to be at college and House of Blues.
also who goes there regularly at lunch or dinner? Is it in a plaza with other businesses?
She was leaving to go to work at a salon doing what? no license?
Servers and hairdressers (me) are people pleasers and are attracted to men that are cold, abusive, narcassists and we want to 'fix them'............I wish her friends were here to give us some clues as to where to sleuth.
JMOO

The Tilted Kilt is a restaurant/bar at Broadway at the Beach, a large outdoor tourist destination about 2 miles inland. It had restaurants, shops, movies, mini golf etc.:

http://www.google.com/search?q=broa...hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|0;d|y-BPrBqJhWkarM:

Every land owner should be out searching on their own land if it is private. IIRC this was done in Hailey Dunn's case in Texas.

They should, but even then it could get missed.

Our grandmother had a farm and 140-180 acres of land in the Midwest. When you subtracted the land the house was on, a small section of acreage where the horses were and the bottom land off the creek where she planted corn, she had about 90-100 acres for some cattle. One year, one of the cows was not showing up at the feeder. Friends and relatives checked the fenceline for a break and then checked the property. Couldn't find her. And we are not talking woods with dense undergrowth. It was mostly pasture and what woods there were did not have any undergrowth. Months later my brother and I were visiting and we were walking around a small hill on the property and there were no trees except one at the top. The tree did not look right to us. As we got closer, we saw it had been hit by lightning. When we got to the base of the tree we found the skeletal remains of the missing cow. Lightning had struck the tree and then the cow. But something as big as cow was missed by those who looked in far more open land and they were farmers and hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli