SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They must also have a hunting license. It's a SC hunting license vs. a county issued one. I'm not familiar with the laws related to animals other than dove or other waterfowl (migratory bird) because that's the only thing my dad hunts. There are also additional permit, tag & stamp (e.g. Federal Waterfowl Stamp or Big Game Permit) requirements, depending on the animal being hunted.

There are also limitations on WHEN you can hunt (seasons). Dove season dates this year for SC: sept 2 - oct 5 (sept 2-7 during afternoon hrs only), nov 23-30 & December 19 - January 15.

Thank you. I just searched...found this:
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regulations.html

This link holds alot of info pertaining to species and hunting times:
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/pdf/hunting.pdf

You don't have to apply...but you do have to show valid drivers license or ID and provide a SS number to get the hunting license.

According to the 2nd link in my last post, it's a requirement to take & pass a hunter education course.

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/pdf/hunting.pdf

Snipped:
Licenses and Permits
Licenses and permits are required for hunt- ing in South Carolina. Detailed information on types of licenses and permits is located on page 12. All residents and nonresidents born after June 30, 1979 must successfully complete a hunter education course that is approved by the SC Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) before a hunting license can be obtained. For exceptions, see page 9.

Today a friend and I were on 544, we drove down to Peachtree Landing and recorded a portion of it. I apologize in advance that it wasn't recording on the drive to the landing but at least it gives you an idea of the area and the drive back. This is my first video so please be kind.

Great video! I personally don't think the drive looks ominous, this is how countless roads in Horry County look.

I didn't think it looked particularly ominous, either. It looks a lot like many rural/suburban roads in central Massachusetts and is a lot like a place where I often go for walks. I might think twice about going out alone in the wee hours, but if I was meeting somebody I knew, I'd probably just make sure I had a flashlight.

The road seems to have a lot of houses along it, as well. I imagine somebody who lived in that area wouldn't think twice about walking home along that road at all hours.

Lots and lots of guests here. Welcome and please sign up and join in the conversation. Who knows? Maybe you will come up with something important that hasn't been discussed here.

I didn't think it looked particularly ominous, either. It looks a lot like many rural/suburban roads in central Massachusetts and is a lot like a place where I often go for walks. I might think twice about going out alone in the wee hours, but if I was meeting somebody I knew, I'd probably just make sure I had a flashlight.

The road seems to have a lot of houses along it, as well. I imagine somebody who lived in that area wouldn't think twice about walking home along that road at all hours.

I do understand why some people think it looks bad; having moved from So. Cal. I was used to sidewalks and street lights everywhere. But in Horry County you're going to see a gazillion roads just like this...two lanes, no shoulders and ditches/culverts on the sides. I wouldn't want to walk down Peachtree just from fear of getting hit by a car! But I'm sure quite a few people do; I know of one friend of my daughter that walked down Peachtree to school and back every day. I believe the majority of homes back there are trailer homes, and the only "public transportation" in the area are the school buses.

Okay so tonight I finally heard back from the WMBF reporter that had the story regarding Mr. Elvis saying they hadn't found HE's purse or cell phone. I had sent many messages, and was answered through 2 places. I checked with the Mods on rules to see what to share and the best one to share for validation is the twitter response. Clearly you'll know which one I am, because it's the same name as on here.

https://twitter.com/StephRobusto/status/419268336304664577

So there is the MSM proof of what I reported seeing on my local news last night. Finally able to be counted in as fact!

Also a note: on tonight's newscast at 6pm they talked about the Olive Garden fundraiser I linked about earlier. They said it was tomorrow, but I double checked with the family, and on the station's website and the info on the flier posted on wmbfnews.com is correct, it is the 11th. The proceeds will be going directly to the family. OG is donating the pasta dinners (Salad, Breadsticks, and Pasta w/ Marinara) and they're charging $10/plate. Should be very helpful to the family to use for reward and providing stuff for the search parties.

It is kind of what I have been saying, with a segment of this age group. Their own problems are always top in their minds, even vs. something as drastic as missing friend. She calls Heather her best friend, anyway. But carries on about her love life. I don't get it.

I have five nieces of college age and I have followed their accounts for years. They do not post about drama, heartbreaks, drinking, etc...they mostly take pics of their friends out to dinner, share recipes, comments on college and breaks...lol, what nerds I guess.

Agree...and hi, clu! I posted about this earlier as well. It seems that so many of these "relationships" aren't really what we would call friendships. They are just electronic shows, for lack of a better term...but I am confused about what the OP is trying to get at. And I'm not convinced that HE and her roommate were really best friends. At least not in the way I would use the term. It is thrown around very casually these days.

I'm sorry...I can see the page at first, but if I try to go back to it, or see older posts, it won't allow me to...it prompts me to set up an account.

Can you help me out with a little more info on what you're getting at? I really didn't see anything out of the ordinary- I mean, if it were me, I wouldn't be posting about problems with my love life at the same time as posting small bytes about my best friend missing, but that's just me.

We don't even really know how close they were. The post about psycho something or others suggest they worked together maybe(?). Maybe that's how they ended up renting together?

I totally agree with you...one of my job requirements is to monitor my daughter's twitter account on a daily basis o_o she can be tweeting one minute about the tragedy of an exes new girlfriend and then five minutes later tweet about craving pasta. Typical teens/young adults in my opinion.

I do understand why some people think it looks bad; having moved from So. Cal. I was used to sidewalks and street lights everywhere. But in Horry County you're going to see a gazillion roads just like this...two lanes, no shoulders and ditches/culverts on the sides. I wouldn't want to walk down Peachtree just from fear of getting hit by a car! But I'm sure quite a few people do; I know of one friend of my daughter that walked down Peachtree to school and back every day. I believe the majority of homes back there are trailer homes, and the only "public transportation" in the area are the school buses.

Yeah, if a person isn't used to rural roads, it would seem spooky. You're right, the biggest danger is probably getting hit by a car (or more likely a pickup truck, I would guess :) ).

It's hard to guess whether HE would have felt comfortable going there. If she was a runner or an outdoors person, she might have been fine with it.

It is kind of what I have been saying, with a segment of this age group. Their own problems are always top in their minds, even vs. something as drastic as missing friend. She calls Heather her best friend, anyway. But carries on about her love life. I don't get it.

I have five nieces of college age and I have followed their accounts for years. They do not post about drama, heartbreaks, drinking, etc...they mostly take pics of their friends out to dinner, share recipes, comments on college and breaks...lol, what nerds I guess.

I wish my daughter and her friends were more like your nieces, they are ALL ABOUT drama and heartbreak, lol. I'm so glad that I didn't have to grow up with all of this social media stuff!

Still...if I even knew a girl who went missing when I was twenty, much less lived with her, I would have freaked out. SM has a lot to answer for, lol. Can make people look heartless or self-absorbed...or maybe some just are. JMO

I would be obsessed with it personally, if it were me. But we both know about the "friends" in the Brittanee Drexel case. Yup, heartless and self-absorbed. I know many my age who appear this way on SM. And, as you say, maybe they just are.

ETA: That's one of the main reasons I deactivated my FB account and don't use twitter.

Are many of Heather's friends involved in the search or helping distribute flyers?

So I watched and maybe it's because it was daylight and I'm a local but even so, at night, I'd have no problem with it under a few conditions: either I was going to remain in my nicely locked car the entire time or I was meeting someone I knew and trusted. Honestly, it looks like every other side road in this area to me. Heck, it looks like 2 of the roads I take to and from work/town.

I was going to say the same thing Carolina. Most of SC is just like that. If we live/grow up here, it's just what we know, so it's not frightening to us. Now put me in a big city, like Chicago or NY and I get nervous there. But SC still has a LOT of undeveloped land and many, many roads that someone not used to, would call "desolate". But it's really not like that to the locals.

Yeah, if a person isn't used to rural roads, it would seem spooky. You're right, the biggest danger is probably getting hit by a car (or more likely a pickup truck, I would guess :) ).

It's hard to guess whether HE would have felt comfortable going there. If she was a runner or an outdoors person, she might have been fine with it.

Walking it, probably not but driving it, why not? I would imagine its a good place to go get high, make out or what have you with very little risk of getting caught.

Okay so tonight I finally heard back from the WMBF reporter that had the story regarding Mr. Elvis saying they hadn't found HE's purse or cell phone. I had sent many messages, and was answered through 2 places. I checked with the Mods on rules to see what to share and the best one to share for validation is the twitter response. Clearly you'll know which one I am, because it's the same name as on here.

So there is the MSM proof of what I reported seeing on my local news last night. Finally able to be counted in as fact!

Also a note: on tonight's newscast at 6pm they talked about the Olive Garden fundraiser I linked about earlier. They said it was tomorrow, but I double checked with the family, and on the station's website and the info on the flier posted on wmbfnews.com is correct, it is the 11th. The proceeds will be going directly to the family. OG is donating the pasta dinners (Salad, Breadsticks, and Pasta w/ Marinara) and they're charging $10/plate. Should be very helpful to the family to use for reward and providing stuff for the search parties.

That's great of Olive Garden to do that?

Ash - I for one never doubted ya. I've been in your shoes before - a very uncomfortable feeling. Your intentions are good, that's obvi.

Are many of Heather's friends involved in the search or helping distribute flyers?

I don't know of Heather's friends but I dont recall seeing any 20ish year olds at the search today...it seemed like was mostly parents, military and le/fd/emt etc types. And (sadly) my DD says that none of her friends (classmates of Heather's sister) even talk about the situation.

That's great of Olive Garden to do that?

Ash - I for one never doubted ya. I've been in your shoes before - a very uncomfortable feeling. Your intentions are good, that's obvi.

It sure is. I remember someone on here saying they volunteered today. Did they have lots of coffee and stuff for you all? I'd like to bring something but if there was lots of something I'd rather bring something different, like bottled water or something ya know?

I don't know of Heather's friends but I dont recall seeing any 20ish year olds at the search today...it seemed like was mostly parents, military and le/fd/emt etc types. And (sadly) my DD says that none of her friends (classmates of Heather's sister) even talk about the situation.

In my experience, when it is something this serious, a lot of kids just don't know how to talk about it/deal with it. I remember when my son's close friends' sister was killed in the WTC on 9/11. None of them talked about it. They just avoided the entire subject as if that would make things better. That boy (and his brother) are still suffering to this day. But, it's just that I don't think they know what to say...so they say nothing. JMO

I just saw this, yay! I felt so bad for you last night, it did seem like you were being picked on a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member