SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the 2nd link in my last post, it's a requirement to take & pass a hunter education course.

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/pdf/hunting.pdf

Snipped:
Licenses and Permits
Licenses and permits are required for hunt- ing in South Carolina. Detailed information on types of licenses and permits is located on page 12. All residents and nonresidents born after June 30, 1979 must successfully complete a hunter education course that is approved by the SC Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) before a hunting license can be obtained. For exceptions, see page 9.

Good info. I wouldn't have known that since I was born before 1979.

:drumroll:

I just saw this, yay! I felt so bad for you last night, it did seem like you were being picked on a bit!

Aww thank you! Yeah last night was rough. Not only that but then all that crazy wind in the night kept me up. Boy was I cranky today at work. But a bunch of ya'll have been so sweet! :blushing:

Okay so tonight I finally heard back from the WMBF reporter that had the story regarding Mr. Elvis saying they hadn't found HE's purse or cell phone. I had sent many messages, and was answered through 2 places. I checked with the Mods on rules to see what to share and the best one to share for validation is the twitter response. Clearly you'll know which one I am, because it's the same name as on here.

https://twitter.com/StephRobusto/status/419268336304664577

So there is the MSM proof of what I reported seeing on my local news last night. Finally able to be counted in as fact!

Also a note: on tonight's newscast at 6pm they talked about the Olive Garden fundraiser I linked about earlier. They said it was tomorrow, but I double checked with the family, and on the station's website and the info on the flier posted on wmbfnews.com is correct, it is the 11th. The proceeds will be going directly to the family. OG is donating the pasta dinners (Salad, Breadsticks, and Pasta w/ Marinara) and they're charging $10/plate. Should be very helpful to the family to use for reward and providing stuff for the search parties.

Whoa!! Thats pretty kickass Batman work on your part!! I know her having/carrying a purse or what was taken/left in her car was debated here a bit. Good to have confirmation on that end. This is what I heard and believed initially. which led/leads me to think that she had left her car with those items on hand. I mean, if she hadn't left her apartment and was abducted or (for lack of a better word) "dealt with" at home and then a third party drove her car to PTL why did the perp bother to take her cell and purse??? So... 5 ft 3 girl. Seat unadjusted for a third party driver? Locked the car doors. No purse or cell phone to be found?? I don't see any other conclusion than she for some strange reason decided to take a nice long drive to Socastee sometime between the 18th 3AM until the discovery of her car on the night of the 19th!!

I'm not sure it's been posted but the reward amount has been increased to $25,000. Latest link from WMBF. http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – The reward for information on the location of missing woman Heather Elvis has increased to $25,000.

Previously the reward amount climbed to $20,000 with money from the Elvis family and Tilted Kilt corporate offices.

Tilted Kilt Offices have also donated their digital advertising to put up pictures and information on Heather.

Lamar Advertising has also donated additional billboards. The CUE Center says as of Friday, 13 digital billboards across the Grand Strand will be flashing Heather's information.

It's been over two weeks since anyone has heard from 20-year-old Heather Elvis. The last time anyone spoke to her was about 3 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, after she went on a date.

It sure is. I remember someone on here saying they volunteered today. Did they have lots of coffee and stuff for you all? I'd like to bring something but if there was lots of something I'd rather bring something different, like bottled water or something ya know?

Oh gosh, they had everything...cases of water, coffee, donuts...at lunch there was a huge commercial type grill with hot dogs, chips. Papa Johns was ordered, homemade cookies...really so much food, and so many leftovers. But, keep in mind, there were about 100 volunteers today and I believe the news said they expect 300 or so tomorrow!

Super thoughtful of you!

I may be waaay off but I posted earlier on the thread and I still believe it. The solution lies in HE social circle. I don't believe this was a random attack by a predator. Sadly, and IMO, this is down to some kind of relationship drama. Whether it be a love interest, his or her spurned girlfriend, general *****iness surrounding a bunch of late teens/early 20s at work, IDK.

But I fear something went wrong, a confrontation that got out of hand, and one or more of Heather's circle of acquaintances knows what happened and where she is. I think LE is working on them and at some point one will crack.

I feel terrible for her and her family, but from everything posted about this case this is what I honestly believe.

I am also very grateful for the searchers who found the bones. If not for them, a family would still be wondering. If nothing else ever happens in this case, at least one family will be able to bring their loved one home.

The reward money at $25,000. would be a great amount of money to a young person! I would think someone would be talking by now for the money.

It is cold now in SC? Did I hear 30 degrees? Are your small ponds frozen yet???

Oh gosh, they had everything...cases of water, coffee, donuts...at lunch there was a huge commercial type grill with hot dogs, chips. Papa Johns was ordered, homemade cookies...really so much food, and so many leftovers. But, keep in mind, there were about 100 volunteers today and I believe the news said they expect 300 or so tomorrow!

Super thoughtful of you!

If only HC allowed Food Trucks... I bet some of them woulda lent time and goods.

I've sent a message to my boss suggesting they take their concession trailer down tomorrow to do coffee.

I'm thinking above all water is probably most important to stay hydrated, so I figure I'll pick up a few cases at Kangaroo.

The reward money at $25,000. would be a great amount of money to a young person! I would think someone would be talking by now for the money.

OMG yes, it's frigid. This morning at almost 11am it was a wind chill of 25. I am so scared for HE tonight. Right now, where I am, it's 28 but feels like 22. Over in Socastee It's showing as 30 but feels like 23.

Alright everyone! I'm heading for sleep. Just to let you all know though, at some of yours' suggestion I submitted to be verified tonight. Just waiting on a phone call :)

I may be waaay off but I posted earlier on the thread and I still believe it. The solution lies in HE social circle. I don't believe this was a random attack by a predator. Sadly, and IMO, this is down to some kind of relationship drama. Whether it be a love interest, his or her spurned girlfriend, general *****iness surrounding a bunch of late teens/early 20s at work, IDK.

But I fear something went wrong, a confrontation that got out of hand, and one or more of Heather's circle of acquaintances knows what happened and where she is. I think LE is working on them and at some point one will crack.

I feel terrible for her and her family, but from everything posted about this case this is what I honestly believe.

I am also very grateful for the searchers who found the bones. If not for them, a family would still be wondering. If nothing else ever happens in this case, at least one family will be able to bring their loved one home.

I agree 100% with everything above.

Completely agree.

Okay so tonight I finally heard back from the WMBF reporter that had the story regarding Mr. Elvis saying they hadn't found HE's purse or cell phone. I had sent many messages, and was answered through 2 places. I checked with the Mods on rules to see what to share and the best one to share for validation is the twitter response. Clearly you'll know which one I am, because it's the same name as on here.

https://twitter.com/StephRobusto/status/419268336304664577

So there is the MSM proof of what I reported seeing on my local news last night. Finally able to be counted in as fact!

Also a note: on tonight's newscast at 6pm they talked about the Olive Garden fundraiser I linked about earlier. They said it was tomorrow, but I double checked with the family, and on the station's website and the info on the flier posted on wmbfnews.com is correct, it is the 11th. The proceeds will be going directly to the family. OG is donating the pasta dinners (Salad, Breadsticks, and Pasta w/ Marinara) and they're charging $10/plate. Should be very helpful to the family to use for reward and providing stuff for the search parties.

I've channel flipped so much that I can't remember what I've seen where at this point. My hat goes off to you for finding it. I didn't doubt you.

If my room mate had gone missing I would be crazy with worry for her and scared to death for myself. I would worry someone I knew might be a killer and afraid to stay in my home. Posting about trivial stuff so soon after the disappearance seems cold. Is there a possible explanation? Maybe investigators told her not to talk about it? Idk

I wanted to do some comparison so I checked out some of HE's followers - like a young co-worker, for example, and the twitter accounts were full of news articles and missing banner tweets. Nothing else regarding even their own lives at home or out on the town. :(

I wanted to do some comparison so I checked out some of HE's followers - like a young co-worker, for example, and the twitter accounts were full of news articles and missing banner tweets. Nothing else regarding even their own lives at home or out on the town. :(

Exactly

Not trying to distract from Heather's thread, but I think its important to consider the possibility that her case could be related to Amber's. jmo In exploring this possibility, I'm trying to find out if there could be any possible connections between these 2 girls.

I came across this photo of Amber on her justiceforamber.orgpage.

It appears to be a standard server attire. (Note the white dress shirt, black tie and pens). Does anyone know where Amber worked?

22157035_BG5.jpg

Going back to Amber's thread....

Link to Amber's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208106

Here is a street view map showing where Amber was found, courtesy of scorekeeper in Amber's thread. Thank you scorekeeper.
http://goo.gl/maps/vMigN

Question, any possibility that Amber Berbiglia had any connections to either the House of Blues, or the Tilted Kilt? I noticed the House of Blues is fairly closeby to where Amber was found, IIRC.

Also, I noticed the Hwy 22 Conway Bypass IIRC seems to split the 2 locations as related to Heather and Amber.

Just want to say, even if there is no personal or circumstantial connection between Heather and Amber, this does not necessarily rule out a connection, jmo.

Re: the above posts by Margarita, I have come across something which I think could be important connecting Amber and Heather, but since it is from facebook, I am paraphrasing. I hope this is allowed! Let me know if I should provide the link. TIA

Amber's fiancee, JTS, made a fb post on December 23 sending prayers out to our family. He said he didn't know what was wrong with Myrtle Beach, that his fiancee Amber was murdered seven months ago, and that she worked at the Tilted Kilt too. He said he didn't know if they met each other, but that he was wishing us the best.

So, do you discount the possibility that she could be keeping it on a superficial level because LE has told her not to discuss the case? Not being snarky, just honestly wondering what you think about this possibility.

Re: the above posts by Margarita, I have come across something which I think could be important connecting Amber and Heather, but since it is from facebook, I am paraphrasing. I hope this is allowed! Let me know if I should provide the link. TIA

Amber's fiancee, JTS, made a fb post on December 23 sending prayers out to our family. He said he didn't know what was wrong with Myrtle Beach, that his fiancee Amber was murdered seven months ago, and that she worked at the Tilted Kilt too. He said he didn't know if they met each other, but that he was wishing us the best.

Her picture, to me, has a moderate resemblance to Brittanee Drexel. Again, not saying it's related, just an observation. LadyHawkke, do you think either of these young ladies, Brittanee, or Amber, bear a resemblance to Heather? It is difficult to tell for me, given the angle of Amber's face in this pic, and the difference in hair color.

REALLY cold, 30's with the wind chill bringing the temp to the teens. It's supposed to be slight warmer tomorrow (less wind which will help) and up in the 50's on Sunday. In 8 years here I've never seen any of the ponds freeze, even when we have our occasional snow days...maybe it doesn't stay cold long enough for them to freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member