SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! scarey!

Yes it is, passionflower..

The Sheriff's Department says it's impossible to know if the person who stole the vehicle knew it was a law enforcement vehicle. That's why they're warning people to be cautious if they are pulled over by an unmarked law enforcement vehicle.
<sniped From Stolen Police Vehicle article>

'WTH?? 6829dkj4r83kl!! Oh, I wonder what does this button does? How d*** clueless can you possibly be? Guess, nothin gets past Barn...

I really don't have too much to add. Looks like everyone has covered every angle I could think of and then some! But I wanted to say, here's hoping that we find all the missing people in 2014 and stop or at least lower the amount of people missing each year! This holiday season was a doozy. Let's find Heather! Prayers for her family!

I have a self-defense "kitty cat" keychain (looks like a novelty item but has two holes to put your fingers in & the ears are extremely sharp & it's made out of some type of strong unbreakable plastic) that I always have my hands on when walking from my car. It would easily hurt someone if they tried to mess with me.

These are $5 on Amazon. I ordered a bunch of them and gave them to friends.
Amazon.com: Safety Cat Women's Self Defense Keychain - Red

I finally found something.

Here is the exact time frame on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 when Heather posted on her Tumblr account, as taken from the RSS on her account.

Heather's first Tumblr post on that day was at 01:53:05 a.m.

Heather's final Tumblr post on that day was at 02:09:48 a.m.

Heather was on her Tumblr account for 16 minutes on her last known date of contact.

Can someone please remind me the last known time of Heather's text or call.

TIA

http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com/rss

Heather's final Tumblr post at 02:09:48 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

tumblr_mxzkfeOHzU1sp912uo1_500.jpg

http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com/post/70372758180/thetwentyfourthofjanuary-beautiful-on-we-heart

I really don't have too much to add. Looks like everyone has covered every angle I could think of and then some! But I wanted to say, here's hoping that we find all the missing people in 2014 and stop or at least lower the amount of people missing each year! This holiday season was a doozy. Let's find Heather! Prayers for her family!

RE: here's hoping that we find all the missing people in 2014 and stop or at least lower the amount of people missing each year!

wantjustice, sounds like a New Year's resolution that can go unbroken.. Don't remember this many locals joining a thread.
There are many missing persons organizations that can use our volunteer help. CUE is only a hop skip and jump away from MB and has spent alot of time there over the last few years. The national conference is in Wilmington, NC, March 2014. Many of the members are families of the many victims and the knowledge that you come away with is amazing.. There is classes by LE/FBI BAU2, Criminologists, psychologists, profilers; behavioral & geographical, forensics artists, SAR training, Sonar training, Authors, etc. Marc Klaas; Klaas Kids attended in 2010. My fav is the candlelight vigil on the last day.. An amazing experience..Only 4 days, but equivalent to a college degree, imo.. join us..
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

Police issue warning after law enforcement vehicle stolen

Posted: Dec 31, 2013 5:10 PM EST

24338124_BG1.jpg

A law enforcement vehicle like this one was stolen from a repair shop

The warnings are similar to what Springdale Police gave the community two months ago when they had a police impersonator. Officers continue to question people in their investigation.

The person wanted in Springdale used an unmarked vehicle with a small blue light on the dash. Police are concerned if this man did it once, he might do it again.

"This is a person who has violently assaulted somebody and more that they caused us all to have a little bit of fear," said Cornett. "It's very important that we get someone like this off the street."

And it's important that citizens feel safe if they see blue lights in their rear view mirror.

http://www.wistv.com/story/24338124...r&utm_content=buffer382bb&utm_medium=facebook

Heather's final Tumblr post at 02:09:48 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

this sounds very sad to me................depressing...........could she of been very depressed????

:welcome4:

Thank you for joining us.
I am curious about your thoughts on the possibility that the focus on the water is for a reason that has nothing to do with her physically being in the water. This had not occurred to me before reading your post. Can you tell me/us any what you think they are looking for? Signs she was taken in a boat, maybe?

I believe it could be multiple things. A boat DEFINITELY crossed my mind. Especially if it's more than one perp. Also they haven't mentioned having FOUND her phone, that could be in the water. Could be either someone threw it in or it fell in during a confrontation. But most of all I think they are trying to make whoever did it comfortable enough to make a mistake. That's also why I think they started to let the case fall out of public eye some towards the beginning. I believe either they have an idea of who it was ("that's the last anyone will ADMIT to talking to her."???) or even if they don't they know enough to know that the water isn't right, but might make the person feel "safe" and then they'll slip up. I'm trying VERY hard to answer that question honestly and helpfully without giving away too much of my thoughts incase the perp IS on here. No need to be tipping a hand right?

O/T

Coroner says bones found near Myrtle Beach don&#8217;t belong to Brittanee Drexel

While searchers were looking for one of three women reported missing in Horry County in December, they found human remains, according to authorities.

A search party checking an area along Tidewater Road found the bones about 11 a.m. Saturday and called Horry County police to report them, according to a police report. Several bones including a human skull were found in the area.

Horry County Coroner Robert Edge said the bones, which are still being analyzed by an anthropologist in Charleston, are from a male 20-years-old or older, but are &#8220;definitely not Brittanee Drexel.&#8221;

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ches-continue-for-women-in.html#storylink=cpy

Has LE ruled out runaway? Just curious.
Is her latest boyfriend around? FB says 12/6 relationship.........
Those that personally know her, what are they thinking? Any of her friends posting?
Her roommate (female) moved back to apt??? not afraid???

Answering as I read so someone may have already done this but...

1) I don't know that it will ever be fully ruled out until she's found but a majority of people who know her (and I know some of them) do not believe she went willingly. Particularly because it was Christmas and she had gifts she had requested left under the tree, she is an aspiring makeup artist (was about to start her dream job actually) but left behind ALL of her makeup cases and over 100 pairs of shoes and clothes. I mean, this is a model/makeup artist, she isn't going to leave ALL of that behind.

2) That relationship on 12/6 is with the roommate, and is believed to be a fake and joke which is what I also thought immediately. (I remember at that age my friends, and now I see my cousins doing it. Be careful what you put online, it'll come back to bite you!) I know tips have been sent in regarding her last known ex before this date she had.

3) I know many people who knew her are thinking she was taken against her will. As far as friends posting, most are just posting updates from MSM, Sharing the official page's updates, and praying for her return. Other than that they are pitching in to help the family with food, search, food and drink for the crews, posting flyers, etc.

4) That is actually a VERY interesting point that hadn't occurred to me prior to tonight. They must believe she was abducted elsewhere, OR maybe one of her neighbors actually saw her for that 2am last known whereabouts, getting into her car and driving away.

FWIW I am also of the camp that she drove her car to PTL under her own will. I also believe she was meeting someone, and that she felt it safe because of having grown up in that area.

Have your keys in your hand when you walk to your car or up to your door. On most fobs there is an alarm button that will sound the horn. Not a bad idea to put it by your bed if you don't have an alarm, you can possibly scare off a predator if someone was breaking in to your home. I bought mace at Dick's that fits on my key chain and I familiarized myself with how to use it, it runs about $15. My mace doesn't have an expiration on it but it couldn't last forever so I'd replace it every year to be safe. Don't talk on your cell when walking to your car, it's easy to be distracted and not pay attention to who could be watching you. These are things I began doing after Brittanee Drexel went missing. I was told by a MBPD officer that the safest grocery store at night is Bi-Lo on 38th Avenue, it's very well lit. I know I sound paranoid but you just can't be too careful.

I love these tips. I may have to hit up Dicks. I also keep a rape whistle I got when I was... I don't even remember but it was YOUNG, on my key chain. It's always been there. I've actually asked for a taser for Christmas before, (I'm a Veronica Mars fan) I guess maybe I'll have to review SC laws and buy one myself.

Maybe Le thinks someone picked her up by boat and transported her somewhere. Do any of the people HE associate with own a boat or one of them shacks that is on the river. Anyone talking about going boating, fishing.

Down here every other house owns a boat just about. Even if it's just a tiny fishing vessel. Also there's a Freedom Boat Club here, though I'm sure they would have noticed and checked immediately since the manager also volunteered with their boats for the search and rescue.

Omg, the fireworks just started at Broadway and I nearly jumped out of my skin. I've been so jumpy lately because of these missing girls.

Ashley!!! So glad I'm not the only one.. But I'm past jumpy to downright paranoid. Haha and I'm also glad I can't quiet her the broadway display because I freak out when one of my dogs bark as it is! Lol

what is the weather like? Has it been warm there?

The weather has been crazy. Hot and cold, hot and cold. There is no inbetween. Either I'm running around outside in my t-shirt or I'm pulling on a coat, scarf and gloves and a hat. Infact I keep gloves in my purse because it can change fast. I meant to mention this earlier re: HE's dad having gloves, he could have them in a coat pocket for just incase, or even in his own car. Plus they could be work gloves which he would likely keep in his car anyways.

Would you pull into the boat landing and shut your phone off if your were being pulled over by an unmarked police car. Could be a possible scenario.

I highly doubt it. Especially a 20 year old. Pulling into the boat landing, sure if she was already down that road that far or at least far enough she couldn't just pull over. But otherwise she's gonna pull over ASAP (especially since she's had a ticket) and shutting off her phone? NO. I know for a FACT she didn't even turn her phone off while at work, not even when a superior told her to. Definitely not going to turn it off for that. If she's even reaching for it (Bad idea bad idea, pull over and do not move! Otherwise they may think you're reaching for a gun) it would be to call and check if it's a real cop. Which hopefully she'd have done before pulling over. The story/urban legend of that has been making the rounds in emails and fb recently too.

If you are a friend of Heather's, maybe you can click on the Registered Sex Offender link I posted, and see if you recognize any of those faces from the pub.

Maybe there is a regular who is an RSO, and you had no idea. Any of them who are hanging around where she works, may be worth a question.

FWIW I am also of the camp that she drove her car to PTL under her own will. I also believe she was meeting someone, and that she felt it safe because of having grown up in that area.

I have difficulty going with that last theory. Not saying it is impossible, I just believe it is highly unlikely. I believe the car was dumped there, with whoever did it getting a ride back with an accomplice or walking out of there.

The area is unlit at night, but the locals say there are trailer homes nearby and some nicer upscale homes farther down the road. A scream or yell can be heard a long ways on a still night. A struggle might have even been heard. I believe that if it was foul play they would not have been successful in hiding a body in the water without a boat. And, if it happened there and evidence/body was put elsewhere why come back to the same spot?

If a crime occurred, I don't believe it was at PTL OR the condo. I don't believe anyone saw her drive off from the condo as LE has stated that they don't what she was wearing. But I do believe she drove off from there to either meet someone or go to a convenience store.

Someone who knew her on here stated that she did not usually carry a wallet, but rather carried her driver's license and any cards in her pocket. I believe the driver's license was in the car. Where it was in the car and how it came to be there instead of with her may be significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli