SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to me that they are searching again near Tidewater when neither of these girls were reported missing from there. I'm assuming the recent discovery of the bones is why they are focused there. The weather here is horrible today, raining and cold. I hope the search brings answers!

Tidewater is very close to HE's condo.

And yes, this is awful weather.

I had a similar theory. I still think she drove to PTL on her own to meet someone she knew well and left with that person/persons in a different vehicle.

That is what I feel to, she met with someone because her car was locked and her keys were gone. I do not think a prep would take the time to lock her car and I also feel if she commited suicide why would she lockup her car taking her keys with her.

That is what I feel to, she met with someone because her car was locked and her keys were gone. I do not think a prep would take the time to lock her car and I also feel if she commited suicide why would she lockup her car taking her keys with her.

You can always change your mind when committing suicide.

She could have always got out and walked around with someone to. You would lock your doors for that too. I wonder if she actually talked or texted with her friend.

Not sure if this story was posted, but it covers the recent discovery of bones while searching for HE. http://www.wbtw.com/story/24338952/searchers-talk-about-discovery-of-human-remains-in-horry-county

"Thanx for posting, Passin Me By"... This is an excellent example of the value of the American public/Community in missing/murder person cases, when utilized. The vast majority of the American public are ex-military, public safety; firefighters, law enforcement, civil defense, hunters, fishermen, & other outdoors persons, etc.

In a perfect world, trained/certified SAR 1 & 2 searchers are preferred on a missing person ground or water search. Due to the vast geographical areas involved in many, if not most missing/murdered persons searches, certified/experienced SAR personnel & resource$ are limited..

I would love to see a SAR short course designed specifically for community volunteers in missing/murdered persons cases.. A salute to the volunteer & certified searchers in the Heather Elvis case.

<sniped from article for focus>

"With the idea of splitting up, reporting back and to take pictures, not to touch anything, to call 911 or contact someone immediately if we should see something," said Lynette Gutridge, a search volunteer.

And they did.

They found human remains near the railroad track North of Tidewater road

"It's awe striking, I don't know the words to describe that but it is. It's mixed emotions, It's something you don't expect to find. Once we saw what we saw we backed everybody out of the area, we went back to Tidewater Road and what was found, we called the police, we stayed away from anything that could contaminate a crime scene.

West said he hopes his team's discovery will bring closure to at least one family. And as he searched Tuesday through the woods, he said he won't give up looking for Heather and others who remain missing.

"Most of the people who volunteered to come search and help are all parents and they're concerned for their children and the Elvis' family and the Cross family and the other missing children and adults," said West.

West said one aspect that helped the group on Saturday in finding the human remains is that people in the group were firefighters, had military background, and law enforcement background. He said their knowledge and the organization of the search were key to their discovery.

I think a perp locking the car could go either way. How many keys were on Heather's keychain? Did she have any dangly things on that keychain too? Keys have lots of grooves and can hold lots of trace evidence. Did Heather have an auto lock/unlock button on her keyring? If so, then why wouldn't the perp automatically lock the car then throw the keys in a body of water somewhere to remove any evidence he may have left behind? I can def see that happening if he touched those keys without gloves or if she cut him with her keys fighting him or something. I can picture the perp locking the car then chucking those keys as far as he could throw them in the marshy waters near the car.

Been forever since I've commented on a thread here...but I've been following along this case and here are some of my thoughts/questions...my opinion & speculation only.

1) Why would it be necessary for her to go meet someone at PTL when she had the condo to herself and could have had company come there. I feel as if she were being wise enough to not let someone know where she lived...then she would also be wise enough to know not to meet said person at a secluded boat launch in the middle of the night. Same with if she were going to harm herself, she was home alone...why go anywhere? I don't believe she harmed herself or left her apartment willingly that evening. Just my opinion.

2) I tend to think she was lured out of her condo. Wonder, if anyone knows...what is the parking situation at her condo? Does she have a space or a garage? curious...could she have been lured out to move her car? Lured out because by someone telling her an interior light was on....I believe it's likely.

3) I have been thinking about the phone call to the roommate. Who was the roommate with at the time of that call? Could there have been someone there that overheard the conversation? Was not pleased to hear about HE going on a date? Said person would also know HE was home alone. Just thinking out loud here.

4) Is there anyone besides HE and her roommate who had a key to HE's apartment?

5) Was HE drinking on her date? If so, would she drive after doing so? I find most kids her age a fairly responsible about having a dd and not drinking and driving. I realize that she wasn't legally of age to drink anywhere, but that doesn't mean she wasn't. IMO.

Heather...where are you? You have a sparkle that has touched me...you must be found!!

"Thanx for posting, Passin Me By"... This is an excellent example of the value of the American public/Community in missing/murder person cases, when utilized. The vast majority of the American public are ex-military, public safety; firefighters, law enforcement, civil defense, hunters, fishermen, & other outdoors persons, etc.

In a perfect world, trained/certified SAR 1 & 2 searchers are preferred on a missing person ground or water search. Due to the vast geographical areas involved in many, if not most missing/murdered persons searches, certified/experienced SAR personnel & resource$ are limited..

I would love to see a SAR short course designed specifically for community volunteers in missing/murdered persons cases.. A salute to the volunteer & certified searchers in the Heather Elvis case.

<sniped from article for focus>

"With the idea of splitting up, reporting back and to take pictures, not to touch anything, to call 911 or contact someone immediately if we should see something," said Lynette Gutridge, a search volunteer.

And they did.

They found human remains near the railroad track North of Tidewater road

"It's awe striking, I don't know the words to describe that but it is. It's mixed emotions, It's something you don't expect to find. Once we saw what we saw we backed everybody out of the area, we went back to Tidewater Road and what was found, we called the police, we stayed away from anything that could contaminate a crime scene.

West said he hopes his team's discovery will bring closure to at least one family. And as he searched Tuesday through the woods, he said he won't give up looking for Heather and others who remain missing.

"Most of the people who volunteered to come search and help are all parents and they're concerned for their children and the Elvis' family and the Cross family and the other missing children and adults," said West.

West said one aspect that helped the group on Saturday in finding the human remains is that people in the group were firefighters, had military background, and law enforcement background. He said their knowledge and the organization of the search were key to their discovery.

Great points, Foxfire. Training is key and your suggestion for a SAR short course as a salute to/for HE is imo brilliant.

Please anyone correct me about anything if I'm wrong but from what I'v gathered:

17th afternoon or evening: she went to her parents house to pick up mail. (last time she was seen by her family)

17th sometime after picking up mail: Went home to her apartment.

Some time around the evening of 17th: The date picked her up at her apartment. She did not take her car.

Sometime around midnight 18th: Date dropped her off at her apartment (car never moved River Oaks property).

Around 2AM: She was on tumblr.

Around 3AM: She called her roommate and spoke about the date.

Afternoon or evening of the 19th: Her car is discovered abandoned at Peachtree Landing with her no where in sight

She could have always got out and walked around with someone to. You would lock your doors for that too. I wonder if she actually talked or texted with her friend.

Yes that's true, she could have got out of her car for any number of reasons. I'm wondering if she has left her home in the past at that hour it seems so unsafe to drive anywhere at that time but the young don't think about safety.

Its so sad to even think about her dimise.

Been forever since I've commented on a thread here...but I've been following along this case and here are some of my thoughts/questions...my opinion & speculation only.

1) Why would it be necessary for her to go meet someone at PTL when she had the condo to herself and could have had company come there. I feel as if she were being wise enough to not let someone know where she lived...then she would also be wise enough to know not to meet said person at a secluded boat launch in the middle of the night. Same with if she were going to harm herself, she was home alone...why go anywhere? I don't believe she harmed herself or left her apartment willingly that evening. Just my opinion.

Heather...where are you? You have a sparkle that has touched me...you must be found!!

In reply to your #1, If this was premeditated, planned, and done by an ex, I would think that he wouldn't want to be seen near her apartment that night. If I were him, I would lure her away, have her meet me somewhere dark and away from witnesses.

Yes that's true, she could have got out of her car for any number of reasons. I'm wondering if she has left her home in the past at that hour it seems so unsafe to drive anywhere at that time but the young don't think about safety.

Its so sad to even think about her dimise.

Its true, these kids don't think about the dangers of roaming around a city like this at all hours of the night. I remember when I was 20 I used to see friends late at night all the time. Especially if I was off the next day, doesn't matter what day of the week. Most of these kids hardly sleep. Its a normal thing to stay up at a friends house having drinks or drive around to get something to eat at the Wendy's drive through all hours of the night. Especially when you and most of your friends are at a point in life where everyone is enjoying the liberty that living outside of your parents home brings. Its like the mentality of "oh well this is my place, I can stay up and have friends over at whatever time I want"

HE seems to have light/blonde highlights. Has anyone seen this Private Detectives website?

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/category/brittanee-drexel-in-south-carolina/

I don't trust anyone certified in many states that skip over states. I also see where he's been on TV not was major cases he was hired for. Not what qualifies him to be a PI.

I have a great PI that does business stuff for me in NC. He was former large city homicide. I believe he works in SC also. He's done a lot of high profile stuff. I did a lot of his social media searches for him when all of that was very new, he is older. He never puts himself out there for the media. You'll read his name from time to time, but it's always about the victims family with him.

I find it odd that this site mentions black serial killers. Most serial killers are white men.

Also, I've followed Kelli Bordeaux's case. She left the bar with an RSO.

IMO, her right cheek looks swollen and that almost def looks like a bruise on her right side. Her bottom lip also looks like it has little purple spots where she maybe bit it or it had been bleeding.

It could be quite possible that she's an easy bruiser and she chews her lip when she's nervous/bored. This could easily be a picture of me (except I'm much older and fluffier) But, I realize this young girl is missing, so anything is possible.

I can't get over how YOUNG she looks :( I know she's 20, but she just looks so young, sweet and innocent.

Jenna

I think a perp locking the car could go either way. How many keys were on Heather's keychain? Did she have any dangly things on that keychain too? Keys have lots of grooves and can hold lots of trace evidence. Did Heather have an auto lock/unlock button on her keyring? If so, then why wouldn't the perp automatically lock the car then throw the keys in a body of water somewhere to remove any evidence he may have left behind? I can def see that happening if he touched those keys without gloves or if she cut him with her keys fighting him or something. I can picture the perp locking the car then chucking those keys as far as he could throw them in the marshy waters near the car.

So if the car was locked, how did her father get in and drive it home? Would he have a set of car keys for her car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So if the car was locked, how did her father get in and drive it home? Would he have a set of car keys for her car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd think so. I have copies of my sons car. I have spares to all of our vehicles. My husband does as well. Did Heather's parents give her that car? If so, they'd prob have a spare set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61