SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I have an old friend I haven't spoken to in a while who is in Heathers friends list on FB. Works at the Tilted Kilt. He has worked there since before Ambers death. And while Heather was there. I reeeaaallllyy want to ask him some questions, but I'm afraid of coming off as too intrusive and I'd hate to blow the opportunity to have him as an inside source... Any advice on how I should approach this?

Also anyone know for sure when was it that Amber worked at TK?

Say hello and casually ask how things are going at work. That opens the door if he wants to talk.

But was it ever confirmed that BW worked there, either? I suspected it from the twitter postings but don't know that it was ever confirmed. If she started a month before Amber was killed, I think that would put it in April.

BW's twitter from April 7 IIRC said that she was starting back at the Kilt tomorrow. So, I don't know if that counts as confirmation, but it was her own posting.

I might just be a scaredy cat, but I would be totally freaked out even if I didn't know someone that well.

Street racing at 3am seems to be an interesting coincidence, but I don't know how that would matter. I would think (but who knows, the onlything I know about street racing is from the movies) there would have been significant evidence of street racing in the area of PTL if it had taken place recently

snipped

Not sure about the connection to street racing as of yet, but I really feel this is something to consider. there seems to be a crowd from MB that perhaps travels around the east coast to different, long distance spots to do this. Some of them may even "fix" their own cars, I don't know. All IMO, just an angle that hit me tonight..

Do we know when Heather moved out of her parents home?
And
Is the place she lives now, with BW, the first place she has lived away from her parents?

Just curious about who would have the most insight into who she was hanging with etc
Somewhere it said she recently moved but is recently a few weeks? A few months?
She picked up mail from her parents but I don't really view that as an indicator because when my sister was younger she never had mail sent to where she lived always kept it coming to my parents house, so maybe that happens with some??

I continue to believe this was not random. I believe she drove out to meet someone who was also familiar with the landing area.
So my eyes would be on anyone she knows that still lives out that way and/or anyone she knows that used to live out that way. How many people could that possibly be?
I'm dumbfounded by the report that there was no door to door inquiry done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like PTL ???

Think about it. The video posted earlier ??

Perfect place to race !!!

If you look at the video around 1:13 it looks like there are skids marks in the road. I think they were in a couple places, they looked narrow for a car and more like an ATV but I remember seeing them.

Say hello and casually ask how things are going at work. That opens the door if he wants to talk.

Sent. Played it straight. Said some personal things, asked if he knows if Amber Birbiglia worked there at any point in time. He'll most likely not read it until tomorrow. Hopefully he responds with something. :please:

After giving it some thought I'm not sure the twitter posts are related. Sounds like acct 1 and 2 could have broken up over him cheating and it just happened to be those dates.

And so we stumble further down the rabbit hole. I have a ton of reading up on Amber Berbiglia's thread. So many questions come up. Ambers death was just this past May? The location of where Amber was found is chillingly close to The House of Blues where Heather at one point worked. What was Amber Doing around the area? Why did she stop her car under the overpass? Surely someone at the Tilted Kilt has been working there while Amber AND Heather were as well. That/Those individuals employed in that establishment have met and interacted with both ladies. Perhaps this connection does not go unseen and plays a hand in the motive behind The Tilted Kilts generous cooperation and support to the Elvis family during this time. If all this is true then I'm sure it has not gone over local LE's head... I hope to god it hasn't.

Spent time tonight reading up on Amber B's case. Very sad.
A quick note - a comment by MMK on May 6 under one of the first articles published (wbtw.com), was left by a person who claims to have known AB through work. Shown beside MMK's name is a place of employment, "Pizzellis".
The uniform AB is pictured in doesn't match the one Heather wore for work but maybe AB had just changed jobs or they worked together at an earlier time? Before she was murdered, AB was wrapping her life up in MB as she had just finished school and was planning to move on soon with her fiance, soon to be husband. The connection that AB knew or worked with or in the same place as Heather isn't clear.

How long had Heather been working at Tilted Kilts before she disappeared?

Thanks for all the informative posts about the search and case in general (the ty button sticks constantly).

Nite all.

[ Beba
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC880 View Post
Like PTL ???

Think about it. The video posted earlier ??

Perfect place to race !!!
If you look at the video around 1:13 it looks like there are skids marks in the road. I think they were in a couple places, they looked narrow for a car and more like an ATV but I remember seeing them. ] quote
I'm going back to find that video and look at that.
I'm thinking in a whole new direction. There's plenty of tweets about 3 am street races on several twitter accounts to put my mind in a spin. And make me wonder, was this one of the nights that a street race happened?

At this point, Amber's murder does not seem random to me...not if happened to get engaged that day as indicated in her thread. Something happened, too coincidental for me. As far as being linked to Heather...amber was left at the scene. Why take Heather? No one was suspected in amber's case, at least not officially, so no need to switch it up.

I can't get a feel for what happened to Heather at all, except her phone being missing does not point to random to me. A random killer would have to link to the phone, IMO. Besides, records are always there. Fingerprints, maybe. I just can't see Heather being at that spot, if she was, with anyone she did not know.

At this point, Amber's murder does not seem random to me...not if happened to get engaged that day as indicated in her thread. Something happened, too coincidental for me. As far as being linked to Heather...amber was left at the scene. Why take Heather? No one was suspected in amber's case, at least not officially, so no need to switch it up.

I can't get a feel for what happened to Heather at all, except her phone being missing does not point to random to me. A random killer would have to link to the phone, IMO. Besides, records are always there. Fingerprints, maybe. I just can't see Heather being at that spot, if she was, with anyone she did not know.
BBM: ***Complete conjecture alert on***From the autopsy reports, Amber fought back. This might be why her body was left behind, because whomever killed her had not planned to kill her there, but elsewhere. The fact that he/she had to fight Amber meant it could have taken longer and the perp was worried they would be seen, so had to leave quickly. If it was the same perp, it is possible that Heather did not fight back and was taken from the area. ***Conjecture Alert Off***

She could have driven there herself, possibly even during the day, but the missing phone and purse don't convince me that is the only possibility. One case I remember from many years ago, the woman's purse was found in the tank of the toilet. A year later. By the people who bought the condo after the murder. Yep, nobody looked there....

My opinion, I don't believe Amber and Heathers cases are related. The brutality of Amber's indicates to me something more personal (hit in the face/head twice) and unplanned (a rock).

Also, the speculation on street racing, from reading BW tweets she states she'll be traveling back to SC then a day later two tweets time stamped at the same time state she saw someone on 95 in MD then the street racing comment. While I'm sure there is/has been street racing here in MB I highly doubt PTL was ever used for it.

My opinion, I don't believe Amber and Heathers cases are related. The brutality of Amber's indicates to me something more personal (hit in the face/head twice) and unplanned (a rock).

Also, the speculation on street racing, from reading BW tweets she states she'll be traveling back to SC then a day later two tweets time stamped at the same time state she saw someone on 95 in MD then the street racing comment. While I'm sure there is/has been street racing here in MB I highly doubt PTL was ever used for it.

I agree! While there may be a group of randoms who do this PTL is most definitely NOT a place for it. Multiple reasons but mostly because neighbors would Not allow it. Besides we do have tracks around here and places or straight roads away from houses

Praying today is the day they find something. I find it interesting the terms that are used by admin of Find HE FB page. Very specific comments that lead me to think they definitely know more than LE has disclosed so far.

*** I'm laying out MY opinions based on facts. My intentions are to use what We know and add what I know while trying not to dig too deep and twist things around***

Heather went missing sometime after her date.. 3am was when the phone went off so I feel it's safe to say it was around this time. We know about the call to her roommate but we do NOT know if this was willing or if someone said "call and see where she is" perhaps so they didn't get caught?? In this case it may have been someone who knows them both or at least knows OF them..

As we all know there are ENDLESS possibilities! We know someone wanted Heather for some reason. Maybe an ex or hers? Maybe an ex of BW who heather convinced BW to break up with? Maybe someone who lives near them? Someone who visits tilted kilt? Or maybe just a random perv.?

The fact that her car was found at PTL tells me they are a native to the area and had been there. Because while I've grown up here and own a river house a along the waccamaw, I've never been to PTL.

I'm trying to stop my head from digging to deep and build on these facts. Feel free to give me your thoughts

A perps mo always changes if someone fights back. If the two worked at the tilted kilt, ones missing and one was killed that's a strange occurrence that should be checked out.

THIS...I think she knew the person and felt comfortable to meet.

Looks like the tweet is referring to street racing in another area. JMO

Thinking about the PTL and the car being left there. What if this was a normal meeting spot for HE? Maybe the neighbor, that initially reported seeing the the car on Monday, really did see the car that night and wasn't mistaken. HE could have been meeting someone there often. The neighbor reported it was there a day or two before HE went missing and then said she was probably mistaken...I'm wondering if this was a normal meeting spot.

The facebook post on the FHE facebook page by the administrator is very telling, especially "we will protect you". Appears they know who "he" is, they just need the proof....JMO

A perps mo always changes if someone fights back. If the two worked at the tilted kilt, ones missing and one was killed that's a strange occurrence that should be checked out.

That could be the only explanation I can see that would link them. Like the East Area Rapist who changed his MO - and locale - and was later known as the Original Night Stalker. This after an intended EAS victim successfully fought him off. It was over a decade later before a detective on the ONS cases linked the EAS to it with DNA.

Based on what I've read Amber was killed in daylight on a Friday afternoon (3 May) and found near her car. The first on the scene may have only missed seeing the killer by a short period of time. But I don't see a romantic link. Amber's fiancee was from Spain and living in London where he worked (he was there at the time of the murder). She was going to live in Spain with him. In the case of Amber's murder it was stated that the killer may 'have to wear long sleeve shirts' due to the fight she put up. So if there is a link, they would likely have DNA.

I've never heard if LE ever did ANY crime lab work on Heather's car. Her father was allowed to drive it from the scene. But after determining she was missing they may have still checked the interior and trunk. If someone planted the car there I wonder what the chances are of obtaining trace evidence from the car.

That could be the only explanation I can see that would link them. Like the East Area Rapist who changed his MO - and locale - and was later known as the Original Night Stalker. This after an intended EAS victim successfully fought him off. It was over a decade later before a detective on the ONS cases linked the EAS to it with DNA.

Based on what I've read Amber was killed in daylight on a Friday afternoon (3 May) and found near her car. The first on the scene may have only missed seeing the killer by a short period of time. But I don't see a romantic link. Amber's fiancee was from Spain and living in London where he worked (he was there at the time of the murder). She was going to live in Spain with him. In the case of Amber's murder it was stated that the killer may 'have to wear long sleeve shirts' due to the fight she put up. So if there is a link, they would likely have DNA.

I've never heard if LE ever did ANY crime lab work on Heather's car. Her father was allowed to drive it from the scene. But after determining she was missing they may have still checked the interior and trunk. If someone planted the car there I wonder what the chances are of obtaining trace evidence from the car.

In amber's case I could see a bump in the back of her car from another car. Then when she gets out to inspect, the perp blindsides her. The common them here is the cars and maybe the tilted kilt. If amber wouldn't have fought back her car more then likely would have been abandoned to. Both could have pulled over for a imposter cop too. I don't know if their connected but there are scenario's where they could be that I have listed.

IIRC HE went to HGTC correct? Ambers page says that she did as well. I went to find the comment from the fiancé (couldn't find it, will have to look again) and noticed she also attended HGTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli