SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well double gulp on that... by the description of this suspect.... ummm... I know him. I can't imagine him doing something like that and he wouldn't have been hard to find considering the details they because well... I don't know what all is allowed on here but they had all they needed right there to find him.... I don't even know what to say about this... I have known this person for 6 years and I just can't imagine it... maybe a made up story? I don't even know what to say right now.....

The squirl... sorry :(

I just did a search on horrycounty.org public index... he was arrested for it at the time...

And it was the person you knew?

And, this is new info to you?

And, he was arrested and then????

Also The Huffington Post put out an article on HE hours ago:
http://huff.to/1lLe7RY

A few interesting quotes:

...found parked at Peachtree boat landing. The location is about an eight-minute drive from the missing woman's parents' house. "It's in Socastee, on the outskirts of Myrtle Beach," Terry Elvis said. "It's known to the entire family."

He added, "She liked to go to the water now and then, but not at that hour of the night."

According to Terry Elvis, his daughter's cellphone was not found in her vehicle and is still missing.

In regard to the possibility of foul play, Kegler said, "There's no definite sign leading one way or the other at this point."
[/B]

Huffpost has an article on HE. In it her father says she liked to go to the water every now and then but not that time of night.

The first and only known break in the case came on Dec. 19, 2013, when Elvis's dark green 2001 Dodge Intrepid was found parked at Peachtree boat landing. The location is about an eight-minute drive from the missing woman's parents' house.

"It's in Socastee, on the outskirts of Myrtle Beach," Terry Elvis said. "It's known to the entire family."

He added, "She liked to go to the water now and then, but not at that hour of the night."

Seems like their always chasing after someone down there and they don't get them.

There are a lot of woods in that area to search, not to mention homes, golf courses, sheds, etc.

Just saw this on Huffington Post so the word is quickly spreading.

"The devastated family of Heather Elvis, a missing South Carolina woman who mysteriously vanished from Myrtle Beach nearly three weeks ago, is appealing to the public for help.

"We are worried sick. We need anyone that knows anything – even the smallest detail – to come forward," Elvis' father, Terry Elvis, told The Huffington Post on Monday. "I'm not ruling out foul play or anything else. I don't care what it is. I can forgive just about
anything."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/06/heather-elvis-missing_n_4550195.html

I really don't think any of that made a difference. Heather is an attractive, white, middle-class young woman; Nancy Grace doesn't need a petition with thousands of signatures to convince her to report on the case. If there had been new episodes of her show airing every day since December 18, and she just got around to bringing up the case, I would say, it might have mattered. But I understand why people want to believe that it was their perseverance and effort that got the case on NG.

IMO, NG would have picked up Heather's case anyway. She has people looking for the most "newsworthy" missing persons cases all the time, and more often than not they are young, white and pretty. But they probably react to posts and emails too, as they want to show what will garner best ratings. For me, just waiting to see what bit of bad info her show is likely to throw out there, if she starts the new year as she has gone on...not a fan. JMO

I'm glad to see Heather getting more attention, but has Nancy Grace ever found a missing person?

IMO, NG would have picked up Heather's case anyway. She has people looking for the most "newsworthy" missing persons cases all the time, and more often than not they are young, white and pretty. But they probably react to posts and emails too, as they want to show what will garner best ratings. For me, just waiting to see what bit of bad info her show is likely to throw out there, if she starts the new year as she has gone on...not a fan. JMO

Its media frenzy day on this case. I'm sooo happy this is getting national attention just for the hope that it will pressure local LE to push extra to solve this case.

Contrary to what some of you believe, Law Enforcement here is quite capable of handling this situation. They are not the Keystone Cops :)

Quite capable of handling it? So, not outside resources necessary? No need for the public to help? Just....all set?

My aunt once said to me...if someone offers to help in anyway...first, say 'yes'...then figure out what it is they can do to help you. I like her advice.

IMO.

I'm glad to see Heather getting more attention, but has Nancy Grace ever found a missing person?

One time, a person who watched her show spotted the girl in SF and she was brought home. That is all I know of. But it is one, I guess.

very interesting post by others on FHEF...timing is off but still interesting post

And it was the person you knew?

And, this is new info to you?

And, he was arrested and then????

Yes

Never knew a thing about it before clicking on that link and reading the story (I recognized both the tattoo description and necklace description)

And yes, he was arrested at the time apparently.. I remember him going to jail for a few days and getting bailed out, but I was told it was for a DUI... I don't know what happened from there... I'm home now and my computer can't access all websites due to being online via Property Management Wifi (they have a lot of blocked domains, including all social media and message boards.. I'm surprised I'm able to get on this website to be honest... a lot of kids use their office internet for homework etc, so they try to keep it safe)

Timeline, or lack of a timeline...I think I missed how they know she left her house after her date and went to the landing? Was this information her roommate gave them based on HE's call to her? Her car wasn't found for a couple of days, so when her dad says she never went there at this time of night, how did they know when she actually went there?

From 09/26/2012:

Originally posted by Foxfire
http://wreg.com/2012/05/10/fbi-press-conference-on-adam-mayes-shooting/

FBI Press Conference on Adam Mayes Shooting
Posted on: 9:30 pm, May 10, 2012, by Scott Koral,

Adam Mayes, and the two Bain daughters were located due to the public's tips. Nancy Grace released the info that Mayes had traveled to a convenience store in his vehicle and aired a photo. LE had aired the security cam video from the convenience store showing Mayes, but reported that the vehicle description was unknown.

Within 24 hours after the NG airing, Mayes was killed by LE and the Bain daughters rescued due to sightings of the vehicle/public tips....

NG doesn't go out looking for missing people, she spreads the word!!!

Can't believe I forgot to say Carlos & Charlies (under same ownership as Senor Frog's and also located at Broadway)

Am I insane or was that the last place Natalee Holloway was? Is it a chain?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member