SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was from tonight's NG segment. HE's dad said he checked their phone records b/c HE is on the family's plan and saw that was the last use. (didn't specify call or text.)

Isn't google location or whatever its called already on there to enable trekking.

I watched it on CNN's website. Signed in with Xfinity. There are several ways to sign in.

HE's father said LE has redacted video from a drive thru on that night.... Is there a drive thru close to the road they have been searching?

There's a brand new Dunkin' Donuts at the intersection of 707(Socastee Blvd.) and Dick Pond Rd. and it has a drive-thru.

Google Map - Dunkin' Donuts

It's the brown brick building that used to be a bank on corner at the Food Lion Grocery Store.

IIRC she hadn't started the new job yet. Why NG focused on HOB and not TK is beyond me.

RSBM. That was my recollection as well. My thought was maybe she was still working both TK & HoB. Do we have anything that says she left HoB?

from the NG airing word for word "a cop saw her car abandoned about 10 miles of the spot she used to hang out. and thats when they learned, she was missing"

Isn't google location or whatever its called already on there to enable trekking.

GPS Location services have to be turned on. It's possible LE had them turned on remotely through the cell provider and haven't released the info.

There's a brand new Dunkin' Donuts at the intersection of 707(Socastee Blvd.) and Dick Pond Rd. and it has a drive-thru.

Google Map - Dunkin' Donuts

It's the brown brick building that used to be a bank on corner at the Food Lion Grocery Store.

OMG DUH. I drove by that on Saturday and even looked b/c I was at the light and wanted to see if they had a flyer up!!! grrr. It is 24 hrs too. I looked on Dunkin's site.

YouTube video on NG
<Mod Snip>

Thank you MBnative for the link. I don't think this is allowed because its where someone recorded it and its not the actual video. Does Nancy have a link to that segment? Does she do that?

I am usually a little suspicious of the last call of a missing person being a text.. When foul play is involved, many times a text will be sent by the perp to a friend or family member, using the victim's phone, to buy time.. This is a common ruse used in many abductions.
One that comes to mind is the Megan Sharpton (07/2012-TN). A text was sent to her mom saying she had too much to drink and was staying the nite with a friend. It was the perp that sent the text..

Hopefully with the NG airing of this case it brings in more people with more idea's. More eyes are always better.

I am so confused about the room mate....did she leave town on the 22nd? If so she was in town when LE disappeared? Why no more information from her?

So now we need to know if food was find in the car or just an empty bag. Possible she took someone to get food from her apartment complex or went and got food for yourself. Good map I applaud you.

Why would she be hungry if she went out to dinner?

Interesting they said on NG she hangs out there.

Yup, no mention of roomate being away.

Ita the drive thru was a bank!

So her dad got the info about the call/text at 0340 and LE probably searched that area right away? So I guess that is where her cell pinged then?

Maybe Heather or the date had too much to drink and stopped by McDs for a late night snack-- I used to frequent fast food joints late nights during college.

Or maybe it was just for a milkshake or something.

Regardless, I hope there actually is some footage.

or someone else driving HER car!

I am usually a little suspicious of the last call of a missing person being a text.. When foul play is involved, many times a text will be sent by the perp to a friend or family member, using the victim's phone, to buy time.. This is a common ruse used in many abductions.
One that comes to mind is the Megan Sharpton (07/2012-TN). A text was sent to her mom saying she had too much to drink and was staying the nite with a friend. It was the perp that sent the text..

The guy in Colorado also sent a text from kenia monge's phone. They find someway to interject themselves in the case specially if their local Ariel castro used to call Amanda berry's mother and taunt her and go to the vigils.

The cameras at drive thrus are usually left on even after hours. Also- they don't just cover the drive thrus- many of them will see into parking lots also and in some cases parts of nearby roads. There are several drive thrus on socastee blvd (707) that might have their cameras operating even if they had already closed for the night (moo)

AHA Mexican Restaurant, that finally reminded me of the last thing I meant to add on my last post. Another popular one is Nacho Hippo in Market Common which is near HE place and PTL. Not sure how late they're open but I'd guess fairly late.

Maybe even Burro Loco on 10th Ave N and the bypass. Close to condo and TK...

Just listened to the NG interview again. It was the newspaper editor that mentioned the video, not HE's father. He said the police report mentions a surveillance video, something about it being redacted and then 'drive thru'. The first time I watched it I thought it mentioned 2 videos but maybe it was just the mentioning of the video report in the police report and then the 'drive thru'

Site is a little slow (probably due to traffic) so I couldn't look before coming to the reply page: Someone just brought up the fact that BANKS have drive thrus as well! although I'm SURE if a perp was to conspire to a soon to be crime at the time he would have known that drive through ATM's have cameras. Yet we don't know if whatever happened was pre meditated yet. So can't rule out drive thru ATM's I suppose.

Liquor store drive thru? Pharmacy?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

They haven't said if it was a text or a call.

When did Dunkin Donuts open ? I was by there on Dec 20th and it wasn't open then

Okay guys. I am :cold: and tired and :eek:fftobed:

Be good to each other! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members