SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing back the airing: this is what I transcribed

"...There is some mention of a video surveillance, uh where the surveillance came from is also redacted other than that it was a bussiness or a drive thru..."

I suggest we wait for the official transcript from the web site if they post any for official confirmation. It is a little difficult to make it out because she was about to interrupt him and he was stuttering a bit but that is what I could make out.

Her dad would not have checked the phone bill that night. It must have been the next day at earliest.

JMO Nancy did a very poor job in this short segment. The info was garbled, possibly inaccurate (where she worked that night) and hard to comprehend. It was like she was not at all prepared and she seemed to cut them off when they said her phone and purse were gone, as though she hoped to hear they were still in condo, to make the case more "exciting" i.e that maybe she was removed from it. That was my impression. Not even sure how useful it is to do a segment if you do it this way. And totally left audience hanging about videos, if they exist. Clearly, LE is not giving her anything.
Her poor parents.

JMO

I don't think the new Dunkin Doughnuts (at 707 and Dick Pond Road) was open on Dec 18 yet - not sure.

can we paraphrase what someone says on the FHEF comment section ?

from the NG airing word for word "a cop saw her car abandoned about 10 miles of the spot she used to hang out. and thats when they learned, she was missing"

where would that 'hang out be?' and how would a cop know her car????

If someone tried to use her debit or bank card at a drive-thru, for example, LE would know, and they would know there was foul play, IMO. So far they say they don't know. If someone tried to guess her pin, etc. attempts would show up.

I am not bothered so much by a text being last usage, only because I do not think they (this age group) make calls nearly as much as they text. A text would be more likely to be final transaction for most, IMO.

But I am leaning way more toward foul play, personally, but maybe not a stranger.

Stated at the opening

Some people are cooperating with investigators and some won't talk.

I am usually a little suspicious of the last call of a missing person being a text.. When foul play is involved, many times a text will be sent by the perp to a friend or family member, using the victim's phone, to buy time.. This is a common ruse used in many abductions.
One that comes to mind is the Megan Sharpton (07/2012-TN). A text was sent to her mom saying she had too much to drink and was staying the nite with a friend. It was the perp that sent the text..
also the the Brooke Farthing case(6/2013 KY) ,where a text was sent from her phone to disregard picking her up

From previous MSM I understand that the father picked up the car late in the evening on the 19th, it is possible that after several routine drive by's down PTL noticing the car unmoved throughout the day the officer decided to call it in before leaving his shift to go home just in case.

Or could be that after the person who reported it missing stating that it had been their since monday he/she may have asked LE to assume their anonymity... I could see crazy people giving them a hard time for the mistake, maybe.

GPS Location services have to be turned on. It's possible LE had them turned on remotely through the cell provider and haven't released the info.

Not necessarily true....WI-FI can determine location, and the cell tower ping can determine rough location if its an Android application.

Not sure about Apple, but I can't see it being different.

Most people don't realize they are automatically opted in to the service.

Hopefully, HE didn't realize it either.

Liquor store drive thru? Pharmacy?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

There is in fact a camera at the Rite Aid. It's pointed down towards entrance though. See map...

Rite Aid

Same intersection as new Dunkin' Donuts too! It has a drive-thru on side but, it's tucked back pretty far from 707.

IMO, Forrest Brook Rd. would have been the route to PTL from White River Dr. not 707.

Playing back the airing: this is what I transcribed

"...There is some mention of a video surveillance, uh where the surveillance came from is also redacted other than that it was a bussiness or a drive thru..."

I suggest we wait for the official transcript from the web site if they post any for official confirmation. It is a little difficult to make it out because she was about to interrupt him and he was stuttering a bit but that is what I could make out.

That sounds right, I didn't make out the businesses part. So in essence he is saying that they do have some type of video from a drive through or business, but the location has been redacted due to the investigation.

I noticed NG said she texted her dad a photo of her driving a stick shift. I am quoting best I can. Have re-watched over and over, and paused and typed while watching the video. Please delete my post if this is not allowed.

NG "She went out to dinner to a local restaurant. She calls her dad at 10:30. She even texts, text him I think a photo of her driving a stick shift saying look, hey I am finally driving a stick shift. She gets home to the apartment she's sharing there where she works , near the HOB restaurant. And she had been on a date with a new guy. He is NOT a suspect, he is totally cooperating. She comes home from the date, she calls her friends. Talking about how much fun she had on the date, talking about her new boyfriend. Boom that's it Rita!"

I wonder if it's the same cop who called her father to ID the car. I wonder like you how would he know where she hung out..

NG's show was the first photo that I have seen of Heather's car, or at least one like hers.. Now maybe someone's memory will be jogged that witnessed it in the area..

When did Dunkin Donuts open ? I was by there on Dec 20th and it wasn't open then

Yeah, they didn't open until 12/23/13. I just called them and asked.

But, that doesn't mean cameras weren't installed yet. :/

ok a lady is saying that her son saw a young lady mouth 'help me' at a well to do gated community 10 miles from PTL (FHEFB) and her car was 10 miles from where HE hung out.................(NG)......????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024