SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I've never been a fan of PTL..dark and isolated. Word from some of the younger locals is that no one goes there unless they are looking for drugs. There are many landings here and most of the kids stuck to the well travelled and popular spots. IMO...her car was put there and this young girl wouldn't have gone there without a friend to be safe.

So, in an blind effort to profile a potential perp(s) with absolutely nothing to go on, I'm going to stick a limb out here and attempt the beginnings of a very speculative profile. I don't know what else to do. I'm starting to get very upset and frustrated.

Whoever might know something about Heather's disappearance MIGHT:

#1. May use or deal drugs (based on the above bolded statement)

#2. May be familiar with the area / and/or water, landing and waterways (boat owner, hunter, fisherman, traveler, etc.)
*local bar closeby accessible via water was mentioned upstream.

#3. May have connections to the Tilted Kilt

Question: did Amber Berbiglia have any tattoos?

*everything is JMO

With no POI it is so very difficult to discuss certain things. I feel so much for her family, they are doing everything they can, and the CUE searchers. Dawn Drexel, the volunteers, everyone.

To go back to basics though, Heather is missing. Her social media is pretty typical (IMO) but there does appear to be some kind of relationship turmoil if I'm reading it right.

Also, the late night social life of young adults working in the service industry is not unusual as far as I can see. However (bear with me) if you've ever watched one of those MTV or Bravo "reality shows"* about young adults working in a close-knit environment you see all kinds of drama. Drama that I remember from my early 20s with boyfriends/girlfriends/fidelity/lack of etc. I still think the answer lies here.

She went on a date. A friendly date for a drink or a "date" date? He/She drops her off at home. She is *apparently* on social media after the date. She calls her roommate who is back in NJ to discuss the date. 1 hour later her phone does what? Pings? Dies? Is broken? Battery removed? And she's vanished.

What am I missing? Am I completely wrong for thinking this is a local, acquaintance situation? When I was 20 and working those hours, once I was home I would only leave again if a friend asked me to. Not a stranger, not to run errands (she could have done errands between 12 and 2) unless it was to go get laundry from a communal laundry room.

* Yes I know these shows are scripted and the drama is heightened for effect, but there *is* drama in the first place.

*Yes I know we can't sleuth anyone unless a POI, I totally understand, but I'm SO frustrated at the total lack of info from HCPD. Not even confirming the Moody sighting or not.

I am equally frustrated and agree with your statements.

I even wonder at this point IF she even went on a date. Her mom said she was going on a date but did she just tell people that? We have no confirmation, that I am aware of, that she actually was seen out on a date.
The fact that she texted her dad at 10:43 that night makes me wonder even more. Did she text him while on the date? Maybe she hadn't left for the date yet?
Just wish we'd get official word that LE has talked to an individual who says there were out with HE until ____ time when they dropped her off at home.
Is that too much to ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering now if at least one picture was posted as a possible clue. There is a map of Waccamaw River map in the background. Whose house was it?

I even wonder at this point IF she even went on a date. Her mom said she was going on a date but did she just tell people that? We have no confirmation, that I am aware of, that she actually was seen out on a date.
The fact that she texted her dad at 10:43 that night makes me wonder even more. Did she text him while on the date? Maybe she hadn't left for the date yet?
Just wish we'd get official word that LE has talked to an individual who says there were out with HE until ____ time when they dropped her off at home.
Is that too much to ask?

<Mod Snip>And you have a good point. Was it verified she did go on that date? I'm sorry if I missed it, but was it even verified she talked to her RM at 2am or is that speculation?

ETA I was quoting the top bits. My answer starts at modsnip :)

HE said on her social media that she had fallen at work.
We saw her picture that looked like bruises.
How can we find out if their was missed work, hospital? report? etc.
Is this all under hippa law?
Why did she want to quit TKilt and when was she going to work at a salon?
More $? Was she going to go to beauty school?
How much would she make at TKILT? I bet tips were very good.
Is TK more of a younger crowd?

Work Comp is not covered under HIPAA laws in California because the doctor reports to the employer not the patient in these cases.

I am certain it's across the board. I know this from studying for my Health Info Tech Pro certification exam (HIT-001) via CompTIA.

I'll edit my post with a link when I can find it so :moo: for now.

I've removed several posts where you all are discussing some guy on face book. This is not allowed. Sleuthing anyone except the victim and posting it here is not allowed.

We have no person's of interest or a suspect so no one is to be discussed in this manner.

Discussing anything posted on facebook is not allowed. You can link to and say something like 'check out such and such' but no discussion. It is all considered rumor and rumor is not allowed.

Ima

3rd photo from the top, shown here:

33uz8mg.jpg

Is this a CUE search? I'm a little surprised because smoking is a HUGE no-no during a search. It has the potential to ruin evidence. Police officers are never allowed to smoke when searching for any kind of evidence, especially a body.

I've removed several posts where you all are discussing some guy on face book. This is not allowed. Sleuthing anyone except the victim and posting it here is not allowed.

We have no person's of interest or a suspect so no one is to be discussed in this manner.

Discussing anything posted on facebook is not allowed. You can link to and say something like 'check out such and such' but no discussion. It is all considered rumor and rumor is not allowed.

Ima

Hi ima, thanks again for keeping us in line.

Question: Can you please remind us of the rules on linking to specific RSOs when there is no POI. TIA

Ragamuffin
One article stated her mom said HE called roommate after the date.
So I don't know if this is considered verified.
Mom would only know this if the roommate told her or if HE called her mom after she called the roommate and said hey I just talked to __. But either way the mom has no firsthand knowledge of the call unless she was at the same location as HE which I do not believe she was.

So who really knows??
As far as I know the roommate has never come out in the media and said I talked to Heather at __time on the 18th.
That would be a genuine confirmation. Or if we had cell records.

Just watched the TK Undercover Boss. Interesting to see how their values differ from the competition. Also interesting to see that he focused on security after that. Very promising. I can understand now why TK was so quick to jump to help after Heather's disappearance. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised now to find out the owner came to search.

Sidenote: I should not have watched that though. Now I'm all teary because of Shayna's story and hungry for some garlic fries (they sound amazing.)

HE said on her social media that she had fallen at work.
We saw her picture that looked like bruises.
How can we find out if their was missed work, hospital? report? etc.
Is this all under hippa law?
Why did she want to quit TKilt and when was she going to work at a salon?
More $? Was she going to go to beauty school?
How much would she make at TKILT? I bet tips were very good.
Is TK more of a younger crowd?

How are tips handled if she was a hostess and not a server?

I am equally frustrated and agree with your statements.

Is that too much to ask?

Whoa I think you're getting confused. Her dad has stated he last heard from her via text at 10:43 the Monday before, not the night of. He said that was when he last heard from her but that she stopped to get her mail Tuesday, but he wasn't there to see her.

Ragamuffin
One article stated her mom said HE called roommate after the date.
So I don't know if this is considered verified.
Mom would only know this if the roommate told her or if HE called her mom after she called the roommate and said hey I just talked to __. But either way the mom has no firsthand knowledge of the call unless she was at the same location as HE which I do not believe she was.

So who really knows??
As far as I know the roommate has never come out in the media and said I talked to Heather at __time on the 18th.
That would be a genuine confirmation. Or if we had cell records.

Now, as I re-read the article I see:

"Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her."

The wording here confuses me. Twice actually. 1) "dropped her off at her house." Is the second her meant to be Heather or meant to be her Mother? I just jumped to Heather's house because it made sense after a date to go home and change. But if she was dropped off at her parents house and they drove her home.... why didn't she want her date to know where she lives? Also that would explain how her last known location address would come to be, if her parents dropped her off. Unless they didn't and she had called her mom and then her roommate and the police confirmed with the date her last known location. (dang my head hurts now.)

Someone must have told them about the roommate call. I would guess the roommate herself, or the cops released it with the other info. Which would maybe account for the second confusing wording "admit to talking to her."

Sounds like they know something we don't know...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

How are tips handled if she was a hostess and not a server?

My industry guess is she either received minimum wage or $2.13 (whatever the SC equivalent to my state is) an hour + 1-3% tip-out from each server's total depending on how many hostesses and other non-server staff there'd be on the floor. I used to work with a girl at my old restaurant who worked at a TK in another state and I'm fairly sure that was her report on it. (Also, said restaurant was a steakhouse, and she indicated she made comparable amounts of money despite the incredible price difference. Her biggest complaint about TK was the uncomfortable uniform. High heels! No wonder HE fell down at work.) Either way, definitely not as much as a server would make. I wonder if TK hires hostesses with the intention of training them to be servers, and why she didn't want to stick around for that prospect if so?

I have no problem with you disagreeing.

First off:

If the perp comes out at Peachtree and goes left they have to drive by a convenience store that's open 24 hrs and has security cameras.

If the perp comes out at Peachtree and goes right, they would have to go by another convenience store with security cameras, plus a busy intersection with a Dunkin Donuts (with security cameras).

But the main reason I posted this is because I live in that area, and have been all over Forestbrook, Peachtree, Socastee, and Waccamaw for the last 25 years.

Forestbrook is an extremely busy route, especially when you consider the small bars open late over off 707, and the lack of roadblock history on Forestbrook Rd....lots of traffic heading the "back way" into MB from bar-goers late at night.

And that's not even getting into the Hunters Ridge development that has over 1500 homes in it. There is significant traffic over that way, no matter what time of day or night it is.

31 dumps off near 501, which is busy 24/7. You have several Bingo parlors over there open all hours of the night on certain nights.

The only desolate area would be 31 dumping off onto 544. That area is fairly desolate pretty much all the time.

I also live in MB & my parents live in Socastee so I'm aware of the traffic on these roads. I also lived off Burcale a few years ago & I traveled forestbrook late at night often and rarely if ever passed another car.

My industry guess is she either received minimum wage or $2.13 (whatever the SC equivalent to my state is) an hour + 1-3% tip-out from each server's total depending on how many hostesses and other non-server staff there'd be on the floor. I used to work with a girl at my old restaurant who worked at a TK in another state and I'm fairly sure that was her report on it. Either way, definitely not as much as a server would make. I wonder if TK hires hostesses with the intention of training them to be servers, and why she didn't want to stick around for that prospect if so?

Thanks for the insight! The not sticking around was because she was going into her dream field. (Cosmetology)

I also live in MB & my parents live in Socastee so I'm aware of the traffic on these roads. I also lived off Burcale a few years ago & I traveled forestbrook late at night often and rarely if ever passed another car.

I traveled Forestbrook today, mid-afternoon, and maybe passed 5 cars, and 4 people walking on the side of the road. And it's not like it's a small road, it has businesses on it and traffic lights.

Was just doing one more fb check before the night was out. Post an hour ago by Admin deserves two reads. Because it took 2 for it to sink in as to what they were saying lol

Unless TK is a place that pools their tips to split amongst servers/bus staff/hosts

Ya know, TK was on Undercover Boss last year. Maybe we could find the episode online?

It's on YouTube. I haven't linked it bc I don't know if we're allowed. The owner of the company seems like an absolute gem & I cried my eyes out by the chef & the bar tender gal. Amazing people, all of them. I even found myself hoping for good things to happen to the gal with the trash mouth, like she just needed guidance to see how proud she could be to succeed. & oh huh the guy that was in deep college debt & gave it up to work for his sick momma - jeesh good guy.

Also, on their official FB for TK MB they say Heather was a hostess, not a server.

I traveled Forestbrook today, mid-afternoon, and maybe passed 5 cars, and 4 people walking on the side of the road. And it's not like it's a small road, it has businesses on it and traffic lights.

I'm not saying it's some back country, desolate road. I'm saying from my own personal experience I've rarely passed cars on that road at 2-4 in the morning. During the day, absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member