Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths at their finest!!

[/ATTACH]

Capt. Tab, tell everyone how fulfilling it is to get out and search!

I was wondering what is involved (in general) to be a part of a search team?
How long does one typically stay and how many miles are covered?

Of course, in general....

from the NG article

Heather was excited about the holidays and landing a new job set to begin five days after she went missing, two of the reasons why her father, Terry Elvis, believes she did not intend to vanish.

She texted me a picture of herself driving this guy’s truck, a Ford Pickup, stick shift,” Elvis said. “At the bottom, she texted, ‘Ha, I’m a pro.’”

BBM no proof it was an abduction ? dates vehicle was a Ford Pickup..not sure if we knew that

Even if it seems like an abduction, there does not seem to be proof of it. At least not to me. What are you asking?

Someone posted on the Find Heather Elvis FB page that they need 5000 likes to get on NG tomorrow. Did a producer tell him that? Or does he just feel that showing that a lot of people are interested in the case will make them more likely to keep covering it?
I don't know but we'd better get busy if that's the case. :-)

Interesting statement on NG's article by HE's father. He said the car was locked and parked parallel instead of straight in.

Unless out of habit, how many people dumping a car would lock it? It's not like they care if it's broken in to, or they will be back for it later. But if she were leaving her car to go somewhere else, or with someone else she would probably lock her car before she left.

NG can't very well keep covering the case if there is nothing to say. Does not make for very lively TV, which is, after all, her goal, IMO. All she can really do is show her picture.

NG can't very well keep covering the case if there is nothing to say. Does not make for very lively TV, which is, after all, her goal, IMO. All she can really do is show her picture.

Totally agree with you. She needs more details and no one is giving her that.

Interesting statement on NG's article by HE's father. He said the car was locked and parked parallel instead of straight in.

Unless out of habit, how many people dumping a car would lock it? It's not like they care if it's broken in to, or they will be back for it later. But if she were leaving her car to go somewhere else, or with someone else she would probably lock her car before she left.
I can think of a few other possibilities.

Someone dumping the vehicle might lock it and take/toss the keys to slow down anyone searching the vehicle (perhaps not realizing that HE's parents had a spare key).

The person parking the car might have intended to come back and get it, but then changed their mind, or was forced to change their mind for some reason.

The person parking the car might have wanted it to LOOK like HE left it there, and would therefore lock it and take the keys.

Is anyone else bothered by the NG producers wanting 5000 shares for Heather's case to be on NG again tomorrow ?

I think it is great that NG brings national attention to missing person cases, but needing x amount of shares or signatures on a petition is just free advertising for the show, and IMO is taking advantage of desperate families

I don't believe that's true until I see a screenshot of an email spent by someone who works on the show. There are so many cases that get featured on Nancy Grace, and didn't have to get 5000 signatures for it to happen. However, showing the MSM that there is public interest in a case can't hurt.

There is now a missing Lejune Marine in Jacksonville, NC. His name is Eric Kirby. Not much info yet.

That is where my Grandson is stationed. Hopefully he was stranded at a airport like thousands of people were because of the snow storm..

That is where my Grandson is stationed. Hopefully he was stranded at a airport like thousands of people were because of the snow storm..

Eric Kirby went missing OCT 2011 and was found alive a week later.

I can think of a few other possibilities.

The person parking the car might have wanted it to LOOK like HE left it there, and would therefore lock it and take the keys.

Good points, the third one is the most plausible to me.

Someone on the FB page (I think he's the admin...not sure) says that if 5000 people share the news article from HLN's website about Heather, NG will cover the show tomorrow.

That just seems morally wrong. Like they are charging the family for air time and the price is free advertising. If this is true, I don't think I want to watch another segment. It's not like they are being accurate anyway. They are still saying she called her roommate at 3:41, yet in their 'article' BW states it was 2:00. They can't even get their own reports straight.

Good points, the third one is the most plausible to me.

That just seems morally wrong. Like they are charging the family for air time and the price is free advertising. If this is true, I don't think I want to watch another segment. It's not like they are being accurate anyway. They are still saying she called her roommate at 3:41, yet in their 'article' BW states it was 2:00. They can't even get their own reports straight.

Misinformation and lack of information is a major stumbling block. I wish we had accurate facts to look at. It's very frustrating.

Sounds to me like LE is acting as though a crime took place, but have nothing solid to say for sure. I would hope they have since processed her car. Other than her car, phone and computer records and friends, what else do they have to work with? From her car being parked, one could say she parked it and went off to walk/think/brood or whatever and fell into a hole(unlikely IMO but not impossible, with no crime scene, signs of a struggle. Etc.)

Not sure what they could say in a PC to reassure community or otherwise...LE never likes to admit they don't know what they have. JMO

But a reporter could put together a fact sheet. That wouldn't hurt.

There are some cases that are picked up by the national media as soon as they occur. However, for the cases that the national media does not see as "newsworthy", showing that there are people interested in the case, is a good idea.

Another thing is social media interest needs to translate to "real world" interest---where it actually benefits the media. 30,000+ likes on the FB is great, but if the case isn't bringing in high ratings, people aren't clicking on articles, etc, it's not going to matter.

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and this is my first post (please be patient while I learn), but I've been following this case since it first hit local media that HE was missing. The fact that I live a little over an hour away from the MB area and also have family in M.I. where I spent countless summers growing up (lived there by myself for two of those while in my late teens) ~ this case has for some reason or another, grabbed my attention and touched my heart so much that I had to post.

To the family & friends of HE (as well as all those assisting w/ this case)~ please know that my thoughts and prayers are w/ you every single day.

To the WS community ~ you all ROCK!! Thank you for what you do here to help those in need.

Although I don't know HE or her family personally, I hope that I am able to assist in some way. I don't frequent the Inlet as much as I used to or would like to anymore (family, job, responsibilities, etc), but I can say I know of & have been to a lot of the places mentioned here. Looking back now, I'm glad I no longer wear those "rose colored glasses" that I wore when I was living there.

Having said that & having read most of the posts here ~ IMO this is someone HE knew and not some random perp...I feel someone close to her knows the truth and I just pray that they put aside their fear and do the right thing. From my experience, people are a lot quicker to forgive when you tell the truth (no matter how ugly it may be) than when you lie and cause others unjust pain and suffering...jmo

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and this is my first post (please be patient while I learn), but I've been following this case since it first hit local media that HE was missing. The fact that I live a little over an hour away from the MB area and also have family in M.I. where I spent countless summers growing up (lived there by myself for two of those while in my late teens) ~ this case has for some reason or another, grabbed my attention and touched my heart so much that I had to post.

To the family & friends of HE (as well as all those assisting w/ this case)~ please know that my thoughts and prayers are w/ you every single day.

To the WS community ~ you all ROCK!! Thank you for what you do here to help those in need.

Although I don't know HE or her family personally, I hope that I am able to assist in some way. I don't frequent the Inlet as much as I used to or would like to anymore (family, job, responsibilities, etc), but I can say I know of & have been to a lot of the places mentioned here. Looking back now, I'm glad I no longer wear those "rose colored glasses" that I wore when I was living there.

Having said that & having read most of the posts here ~ IMO this is someone HE knew and not some random perp...I feel someone close to her knows the truth and I just pray that they put aside their fear and do the right thing. From my experience, people are a lot quicker to forgive when you tell the truth (no matter how ugly it may be) than when you lie and cause others unjust pain and suffering...jmo

Welcome CarolinaRN and all new members. Great first post.

Welcome Guests. :)

:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members