SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for so eloquently stating what's in my heart at well Beba. Although I am thousands of miles away, I am a neighbor as a parent and I will not turn my back in judgment, either, on an entire family in pain.

They are incomplete without Heather and can count on us until they are complete once more.
:heartbeat:

There is solidarity in positivity. The Elvis' must know they can count of the great majority of us who are here representing that. We don't have to agree in all viewpoints, but we are dedicated in the respectful quest for the truth.

:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was very late, I was so sleepy I could hardly hold my eyes open to type, it but I had to say something. I can't say nothing and let someone think I agree when those comments were totally out of line here, that was just wrong.

There are several kayaking clubs that paddle the water there when it's warmer.

One is http://www.conwaykayak.com/ & there's also a "Meet Up Group," which is a typical way locals get together to paddle, more informal than a club.

I live a few hours away, but I've paddled that area many times w/ locals.

Just coming out of lurking - but has suicide been looked at? From her moody posts on all SM. and something doesn't strike me right about her car. They were allowed to move it so it wasn't considered part of a crime scene- from what I understand her purse and phone were not in the car? It didn't seem like a place to go walking around from photos I've seen, so she had all her belongings with her. So she willingly went with someone IMO, and wanted to disappear- or took her life. Are there searches being held? This case seems so 'off' to me. IMO.

I wonder if they asked He friend if anyone from the apartment complex just shows up unannounced sometimes. Also if they hang out with anybody from the apartment complex.

This makes me happy everyone I work with has a gov't security clearance.

The RSO mentioned above was charged when he was 22, right? So was he with a gf whose parents got mad? Or was it something really bad?

Don't let that lull you into a false sense of security. I came across a situation of an individual working where they were supposed to have a gov't clearance and they were an RSO.

I've been very leery and downright scared to post the info I found on here bc who knows if someone guilty of something could be reading this forum, be some type of computer hacker, locate me somehow, and shut me up... so to speak. But rumors I've heard from other locals pointed me in a direction that led to me finding the tweet, RSO info, etc. & I felt the need to report what'd heard and found to LE on Monday.

To know if it is possible that Heather went missing on Wednesday during the day, not in the wee hours, we would have to know her calling/texting pattern daily, i.e when she got up in the morning. Kind of reminds me of Dylan Redwine...he texted all the time and when he stopped around 8pm on a Sunday (no school next day) it was obvious to me that something happened to him right then.

Also, maybe Heather's aunt can clarify if she was alone in the apartment. On NG, she (NG) made kind of a hash of that, referring to "roommates" and making it sound like some people were there when she returned from date.

It would be helpful know if HE turns off her phone to sleep.

I found it odd that no one has mentioned if they tried to get a hold of her Wednesday during the day. No mention if it was odd for her to not be in touch with anyone. If someone tried to get a hold of her on Wednesday and got voice mail that would narrow the time frame down don't ya think.

66 Days from HE's Twitter post has been discussed in the first thread...

On her Twitter on Nov. 5 she posted 66 days. I wonder what that means?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10070205#post10070205

I have it listed in my notes too but, recently came across this info on "66 days" and its significance (possibly in relation to losing weight in HE's case)...

It takes 66 days to form a habit

That was the average time it took for volunteers in a study to begin doing automatically something they had adopted as a daily duty, such as eating fruit with their lunch or going for a run before dinner.

The research, the first to investigate how long it takes to form a habit, has significant implications for people who want to adopt a healthy lifestyle or stick to a diet.

In the research, being reported in the European Journal of Social Psychology, the researchers set out to investigate how long it took for the repetition of behaviour to reach a stage of 'automacity', where it is performed whenever the situation is encountered without thinking, awareness or intention.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5857845/It-takes-66-days-to-form-a-habit.html

http://www.today.com/health/think-itll-take-21-days-make-your-resolution-habit-try-2D11826051

http://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/hbrc/tag/european-journal-of-social-psychology/

Agree with a lot of what you are saying pjgrrl and I keep coming back to the same person that I brought up in a previous thread. To me a lot of the dots seem to connect.

I've been very leery and downright scared to post the info I found on here bc who knows if someone guilty of something could be reading this forum, be some type of computer hacker, locate me somehow, and shut me up... so to speak. But rumors I've heard from other locals pointed me in a direction that led to me finding the tweet, RSO info, etc. & I felt the need to report what'd heard and found to LE on Monday.

As always, stay vigilant and be aware of your surroundings. Carry pepper spray or whatever you need to feel safer. Never hesitate to call the police if your gut tells you something is wrong.

Thank you for your valuable posts!

It would be helpful know if HE turns off her phone to sleep.

I was thinking about this... really, does anyone turn their phone off? we have five phones, none of us turn them off. ever! and she was home alone... nope, I don't see her turning her phone off, landline or not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Considering the RSO and working at TK, did he and Amber ever work together?

As always, stay vigilant and be aware of your surroundings. Carry pepper spray or whatever you need to feel safer. Never hesitate to call the police if your gut tells you something is wrong.

Thank you for your valuable posts!

OT -mention of pepper spray recalls poor Mickey Shunick who had it with her and how it did not help, nor did even getting hold of the 's knife and stabbing him help...

Not saying not to carry, but be careful in getting a false sense of security -like perhaps Mickey had riding home at 2am with it.

I was thinking about this... really, does anyone turn their phone off? we have five phones, none of us turn them off. ever! and she was home alone... nope, I don't see her turning her phone off, landline or not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm with you on this. I don't really see anyone her age turning their phone off. Not to mention, smartphones have different settings. You can set it to ring, ring & vibrate, vibrate only, or silent mode where it won't even vibrate. Why turn your phone off when you could just set it to vibrate or silent? The only way I could see a young person like her turning their phone off would be if it was so dead it turned itself off and hadn't been plugged into a charger yet.

Considering the RSO and working at TK, did he and Amber ever work together?

DH the RSO was born in 1975. How old is the DH that worked at TK? His father is also DH. The RSO could be the father.

I've posted in this thread and followed along for awhile, and now its time to put my attention into some other endeavors....but before I spring out of here for awhile....

As a dad who keeps up with his kids' SM, I won't sit here and say I haven't happened upon things posted by my teens that make me go "hey, lets discuss this a little more" but by and large, its mostly harmless chatter.

HE has a lot of SM floating around out there....as an outsider its hard to tell if she was just a normal 20-something year old girl posting tidbits about her life- graphic vids, pics soundbites, etc to get attention and play to a crowd of peers, or was this a girl with some deeper, darker secrets and a dark undercurrent that may tell a a much different story of who she is and who she hung out with?

I'm sure the LE is trying to figure this out too.

Can anyone tell me if our two verified insiders (Creek-Ratz and helpseeker) are professional insiders? Lawyers, medical field, scientist etc etc etc or are they just someone who is close to the case? I looked under all the specialties and didn't see their names but I could've missed it.
I know we have a verified LEO posting. But I'm wondering about the other two.

<snipped by me for brevity-pls see original post for full explanation>

Bumping to see if anyone has an answer.

OT -mention of pepper spray recalls poor Mickey Shunick who had it with her and how it did not help, nor did even getting hold of the 's knife and stabbing him help...

Not saying not to carry, but be careful in getting a false sense of security -like perhaps Mickey had riding home at 2am with it.

My dad is taking me to the shooting range to learn how to shoot & handle a gun & I'm hoping to purchase a 380 this weekend. Then I plan to get my concealed carry but until then I WILL that bad boy loaded in my house & car's center console (as I can legally do so in SC). I live alone so I'm not playing around...

Bumping to see if anyone has an answer.

Hi SharetheLight :)

I guess I didn't see your original post sorry.

Here is a link to the Professional and verified insiders thread.

Professional posters are in a different category than insiders on certain cases. Insiders are listed by the case name. Hope that helps.

Professional Poster & Verified Insiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members