SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
nosysw, I was caught by many of the quotes published in the article, especially the one quoted by you. That's why I posted it, in the hopes my fellow WSers would analyze the in-depth interview for clues. I felt as though these details were stated in ways I had not heard before (JMO) and were worth of sleuthing.

Everyone, please take a moment to read the linked news story & chime in.

As to your quoted point, this has always been a point of contention for me nosysw. IMO, it speaks to TE's fatherly instinct upon discovery of the car. Although I recall reading he wore gloves in driving the car home and it wasn't processed, the wording here leads me to believe the car was/is a major lead - in hindsight. (I would have to search through the threads to find the link, so JMO....)

LE may have missed a huge opportunity by not processing it immediately (JMO). This may have been due to their protocols, which is beyond unfortunate. TE knew something was wrong immediately - as here we are weeks later and still no Heather!

ITA, we are missing quite a bit. As LE continues on in silence, I don't see this changing from the status quo. Absolutely agonizing for the Elvis Family.

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITA, Kimi...however, I also try to take all these articles with a grain of salt. Following a number of other cases, most notably Brittanee Drexel, so possibly with the same reporters/news teams, whatever, I have become accustomed to finding that reporting is often very careless and wrong details are given (i.e. things that have since been found to be untrue although maybe not known at first, like when a timeline is updated but they report something from an older timeline). And many times, they throw together a hodgepodge of quotes, info, etc. from several articles which may also be old information. kwim? So, as much as this article bothered me, I don't want to put 100% faith in it being the newest, most accurate information.

http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

So, her Date took the photo with his phone then, sent her the pic?

And they would have been in the Date's car, right, because HE didn't know how to drive a stick and was learning. So HE's car wouldn't have been a stick shift.

I wonder if there is any security video showing HE's car at her apartment, during the time that HE was on the date? I wonder if someone waited for her in her car until she returned from the date, and she never made it back into the apartment?

Salem

Thanks for linking this.

Here are a couple of screen shots I did from it.

Prayers for Heather's safe return!
2cok8k8.gif

2wqdb21.jpg

22ao0o.jpg

These arent selfies....they must have been taken by her date right?

I've removed several posts discussing RSO's and different SM sites you've found with an RSO's name. You can link to the Registered Sex Offender Registry, you can not link to or discuss them on social media sites such as twitter, facebook, etc.

That is considered sleuthing. Since we have no suspects or person's of interest sleuthing anyone and posting it here is not allowed.

The only person we can sleuth is Heather. Not family, not friends, no one.

If you find something that law enforcement can use then send the info to them but it can not be posted here at this time.

Thanks everyone

Ima

I think the reason they let TE drive the car home is that HE wasn't considered missing at the time the car was found. Thankfully TE had the sense to wear gloves, and maybe the officer that found the car suggested it to him. But at that point, if she wasn't considered missing (her father didn't report her missing until later)...then they would not keep the car and he would have to move it from where it was. I am wondering though, if he was worried enough about it to wear gloves, I wonder if he did try to report her as missing when the car was found... and was not allowed to do so until a certain amount of time had passed?

I think the reason they let TE drive the car home is that HE wasn't considered missing at the time the car was found. Thankfully TE had the sense to wear gloves, and maybe the officer that found the car suggested it to him. But at that point, if she wasn't considered missing (her father didn't report her missing until later)...then they would not keep the car and he would have to move it from where it was. I am wondering though, if he was worried enough about it to wear gloves, I wonder if he did try to report her as missing when the car was found... and was not allowed to do so until a certain amount of time had passed?

not enough time had gone by between the last time anyone saw HE and when they discovered the car. I'm certain TE wasn't allowed to file a missing persons report at the time. I'v had a similar experience with someone that went missing before. As you said, this is likely the exact reason LE let TE take the car with him at that point, there was no crime for LE to investigate.

Thanks for linking this.

Here are a couple of screen shots I did from it.

Prayers for Heather's safe return!
2cok8k8.gif

2wqdb21.jpg

22ao0o.jpg

Im in need of a catch up on these threads. Where are we? So the date taught HE how to drive stick in the inlet square mall lot? I presume that votes well for the mexican restaurant they went to being el cerro grande over by that mall? Does anyone know the time that txt was sent to TE?

Murrells Inlet?

Wow. Okay, I wasn't expecting that.

I have found a couple of things tied to Murrells Inlet. Is that where her date was from?

Was it a sports car that she was learning how to drive the stick shift with?

Did her date take her around Murrells Inlet to look at Christmas lights?

Heather was learning to drive a stick shift on her date's pickup truck...

HTH...:seeya:

not enough time had gone by between the last time anyone saw HE and when they discovered the car. I'm certain TE wasn't allowed to file a missing persons report at the time. I'v had a similar experience with someone that went missing before. As you said, this is likely the exact reason LE let TE take the car with him at that point, there was no crime for LE to investigate.

Am I correct in the following assumption?: HE was not reported missing until AFTER the dad picked the car up?

Is it possible that there was something maybe in the car that would caise him to report her missing?.... evidence of a struggle or etc? ....maybe her clothes were in her car?...did she packan overnight bag???? ....

IMO a missing adult can be reported at once...people may not think so.

Also, cars in other cases have been processed long after crimes. Even after being sold and re-sold. Her car can still hold evidence and be processed, if she is a crime victim.

JMO

I'm gonna get the Elephant out of the room here.

I came here because I had a sister pass away many years ago, my mother has also passed. If you take my moms younger pictures & some pictures my family had done of my sister, HE looked a lot like both, so I had a natural attraction & interest to this story.

But now I feel betrayed.

We have all discussed numerous theories, but answer me this:

There was no reason not to release this picture of her driving. This picture looks "NOTHING" like the other pictures we've been shown. This girl could have delivered my mail & I would have never known it. There are so many pictures that all look different, I get the dresses down/dolled up reasons, but for the love of this girl, this recent picture doesn't look like either & was the one ALL strangers wanting to help should have seen 1st.

To me the difference is that this is a profile shot of her using the stick shift. Probably not the best photo to put out because it is a profile shot, but for the Tattoo, definitely it should have been put out there. She does look heavier in this photo than in the photos she has been shown in. I think the latest ones that HuffPo used are her senior pictures so not recent at all.

To me the difference is that this is a profile shot of her using the stick shift. Probably not the best photo to put out because it is a profile shot, but for the Tattoo, definitely it should have been put out there. She does look heavier in this photo than in the photos she has been shown in. I think the latest ones that HuffPo used are her senior pictures so not recent at all.

Actually one of the photos used from the beginning, of her in her TK uniform, is a full body shot, facing front, and shows not just that tattoo but also the one on her hip.

I'd like to know what is that white thing in the stick shift picture. I can't tell if that's something in the parking lot I'm seeing through the windshield, or something sitting on the dash???

I know she didnt answer phone calls....im assuming her phone was not found so I am assuming it wasnt keft in her car for her dad to find left in her car...WHERE IS HER PHONE CHARGER?...TOOTHBRUSH COSMETICS AND ETC? .i do wonder things llike that because if she took them with her she was planning for a stay overnight or so...SHE WAS OFF FROM WORK THE DAY AFTER... RIGHT? ...was she scheduled to work that weekend?....she may make her plans on her days off instead of on weekends beings she works...at more than one job I think. ...I would assume days off are few and far between and that working on weekends is likely beings that restaurants are probably busy on weekends...

My point is she disappeared mid-week... and it it likely that IF she did make plans to go anywhere overnight....she would have to make any plans to go out of town or overnight when she had the next day off from work... in other words all weekend like activites would have to have gone on during off days....not weekends...

Actually one of the photos used from the beginning, of her in her TK uniform, is a full body shot, facing front, and shows not just that tattoo but also the one on her hip.

I'd like to know what is that white thing in the stick shift picture. I can't tell if that's something in the parking lot I'm seeing through the windshield, or something sitting on the dash???

It looks to me like it's the hood and headlight of a white car parked behind the vehicle she's driving.

It looks to me like it's the hood and headlight of a white car parked behind the vehicle she's driving.

Looks like a ball cap to me.

To me it looks like a baseball type cap on the dashboard...

pretty sure its just a baseball cap sitting on the dash. you can kinda see the logo on the side.

EDIT: wow i was a little late for this one. :p

My head is spinning and my eyes are crossing while trying to follow and keep up with this...

Is there a timeline that I've missed? Like the one that had been kept at the beginning of the Mickey Shunick threads? If so, would someone please post the link for me?

I'm trying to remember if it's been stated where Heather was brought back to after the date.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member