SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes LE will deliberately release a picture related to a case, but with different information attached to the picture, purposefully.

This happened in Victoria Stafford's case.

Did HE really learn to drive the stick shift in Murrells Inlet or did she do something else there as well?

This tie to Murrells Inlet has my mind racing now. Release some more info, LE, the public really wants to help.

Heather's date was teaching her how to drive a stick shift in this mall parking lot.

We need to add that to the fact list and the map.

Can a local indicate where this is?

attachment.php

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/woman-returns-home-date-vanishes-trace-21498394

I agree! Was there and of the same cell phones that pinged near the Mexican restaurant AND inlet square mall that night?? And her apartment or PTL?

This is a small yet significant fact to build on

So that Kmart is near Murrell's Inlet. Are there other stores connected?

]I think LE always knows more than they release...but as to whether what they know will solve a disappearance or a murder case, that is something else entirely.
[/B]
IMO at some point, releasing info can only benefit a stalled investigation. If people know what to be thinking about (or who, if there is a POI) they are more likely to recall and report specific information. IMO people often have to be prodded to make them realize what they may know that does not seem important. For example, seeing Billy Bob at the carwash on the 18th may not mean much until you find out Billy Bob is a POi...jMO

BBM - true, and sometimes tunnel vision sets in to the detriment of solving a case.
Holding back a few things makes sense, but holding back too much doesn't. I'm thinking of the Scott Peterson case - lots of info released and it that helped.

http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

“I’m mad all day, and I cry all night. It’s the only way I can get through it, there’s no in between,” Terry Elvis told Crime Feed today. Desperation and frustration is mounting over the fact his beautiful daughter, 20-year-old Heather Elvis, vanished without a trace from Myrtle Beach, S.C. The only large, solid clue investigators have is her vehicle that was found about eight miles from her apartment where she was last seen.

The first thing I noted from this article, B and IBM above, is that they said the only "large" clue they have is the car. Yet, they let her father drive it away immediately (to our knowledge). Something seems wrong about that. What are we missing???

Seeing how LE has not even confirmed that a crime took place, I have real doubts about how much they know/how close they are.

There's a "rule of three" that I've seen happen in many abductions in which the attacker is someone not close to the victim. Like in crimes of opportunity, and random attacks.

The rule-of-three states that the crime takes place at one location, evidence is left at another location, and the victim is found at a third location.

This rule was most evident in the Mickey Shunick case, the Sierra Lamar case, and in the Megan Sharpton cases. If ever Holly Bobo is sadly found deceased, it would also apply.

So, what's my point?- Does it apply here? It might if LE would tell us more, and it might not. In cases where the rule does not apply - it very often means the perpetrator is someone who knows the victim, and it's not a crime of opportunity.

ETA - the rule might not be as apparent in Serial Killer cases, but does when the victim is taken from one location, kept and murdered in another (where crime evidence can be found), and left at third.

Most cases in which a couple is about to go thru divorce, and spouse kills the spouse -- no rule-of-three,
as murder takes place in the house, and body left at a second location. (Rule-of-two)

ETA - Boyfriend killing girlfriend - tends to be rule-of-two.

ETA, ETA, Rule-of-One: Oldsteve has gone batty with his rules:floorlaugh:

http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

“I’m mad all day, and I cry all night. It’s the only way I can get through it, there’s no in between,” Terry Elvis told Crime Feed today. Desperation and frustration is mounting over the fact his beautiful daughter, 20-year-old Heather Elvis, vanished without a trace from Myrtle Beach, S.C. The only large, solid clue investigators have is her vehicle that was found about eight miles from her apartment where she was last seen.

The first thing I noted from this article, B and IBM above, is that they said the only "large" clue they have is the car. Yet, they let her father drive it away immediately (to our knowledge). Something seems wrong about that. What are we missing???

nosysw, I was caught by many of the quotes published in the article, especially the one quoted by you. That's why I posted it, in the hopes my fellow WSers would analyze the in-depth interview for clues. I felt as though these details were stated in ways I had not heard before (JMO) and were worth of sleuthing.

Everyone, please take a moment to read the linked news story & chime in.

As to your quoted point, this has always been a point of contention for me nosysw. IMO, it speaks to TE's fatherly instinct upon discovery of the car. Although I recall reading he wore gloves in driving the car home and it wasn't processed, the wording here leads me to believe the car was/is a major lead - in hindsight. (I would have to search through the threads to find the link, so JMO....)

LE may have missed a huge opportunity by not processing it immediately (JMO). This may have been due to their protocols, which is beyond unfortunate. TE knew something was wrong immediately - as here we are weeks later and still no Heather!

ITA, we are missing quite a bit. As LE continues on in silence, I don't see this changing from the status quo. Absolutely agonizing for the Elvis Family.

:moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosa Linda's is the only one I can think of.

Locals, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rosa Linda's closed years ago. El Cerro Grande is a Mexican restaurant on the other side of Hwy 17 across from Inlet Square Mall. It sits on the Garden City-Murrells Inlet line.

[modsnip]
:blushing:

Hey @Myrtlebeachlove! Welcome back.

I've already tried looking at metadata but, I'd need original photo. SM and Tinypic destroy all that with their info. I wish it would show some history but, it doesn't.

What I'm eluding too actually, is finding out the actual date that HE had her accident at work? Fall down steps.

Does anyone know that date and can tie to date of photo?

Locals, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rosa Linda's closed years ago. El Cerro Grande is a Mexican restaurant on the other side of Hwy 17 across from Inlet Square Mall. It sits on the Garden City-Murrells Inlet line.

They reopened in a different location, they were closed for years. Their first location was on the north end by Joe's Bar & Grille and they had several others. Rosa Linda's was on Hwy 17 Bypass in MI, the one you're thinking of. El Cerro Grande is in Garden City but very, very close to Murrells Inlet.

I'm gonna get the Elephant out of the room here.

I came here because I had a sister pass away many years ago, my mother has also passed. If you take my moms younger pictures & some pictures my family had done of my sister, HE looked a lot like both, so I had a natural attraction & interest to this story.

But now I feel betrayed.

We have all discussed numerous theories, but answer me this:

There was no reason not to release this picture of her driving. This picture looks "NOTHING" like the other pictures we've been shown. This girl could have delivered my mail & I would have never known it. There are so many pictures that all look different, I get the dresses down/dolled up reasons, but for the love of this girl, this recent picture doesn't look like either & was the one ALL strangers wanting to help should have seen 1st.

I may have missed this link in the past threads. :blushing:

Do we have a copy of the redacted police report?

TIA

WE do not have a copy. (I don't know if the locals could get one either.) A local reporter being interviewed by Nancy Grace on HLN had a copy and stated that a video surveillance at a business that had drive thru was cited in the report. But the details - where, when, name of the business - was redacted. I had a link to the transcript of the interview in an earlier thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli