SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been mentioned by LE how they know HE went missing 'in the early morning hours' other than the fact that her last cell phone record was at 3:41? Is it possible that she went there in the middle of day?

If this involves someone who knows her, then there would almost have to be some form of communication to get her out there that time of day. One doesn't just go to a boat landing at 4 in the morning to meet someone unless it is planned. But if they went later, it could be that they actually saw the person, in person, and made plans to meet there later. Overthinking maybe, but just seems to me that there would be some sort of evidence linking her to going there that early in the morning, or some evidence that she was actually there that early in the morning. If no one saw her from 2:00 on on the 18th, she could have gone to the landing at any time between then and when they found her car, and not necessarily made plans via telephone...

Just trying to figure out how they can not have any leads...seems there would almost certainly have to be some sort of communication between HE and the person and if not by telephone that you can trace, then maybe it was done in person.
Don't assume they don't have leads. They are going through the process of disseminating the info they have especially anything on her computer(has it been documented that LE has her computer?) and the numbers on her phone. She must have confided in someone about her relationships with men(past/current/ones she would have liked to hook up with). All these interviews take time plus they go over them a number of times for inconsistencies/new info etc. . I just hope that the LE agencies involved share the info they have gathered .As I stated previously ,I feel it is a local person that had contacted her that night/morning after her date when she was on the computer.I'm curious if she had received any texts/calls during her date . I feel she wouldn't have gone out just for groceries as I think she was not scheduled to work that day ,so there wouldn't have been any time restraints. I also feel areas off Peachtree Road have to be thoroughly searched. If something unplanned went down I feel the perp wouldn't be driving all around town if he had her car. If she did drive to PTL then that person didn't want to be seen near her apt. but felt comfortable enough to be with her at PTL and she with that person. I'd like to know how often do the local LE patrol that road to the boat ramp. Once a shift? Once a day? Or only if there is a call? Has she ever left her car there before? Who among her acquaintances would feel comfortable/available at that hour to choose PTL as a meeting place? more questions that answers at this point :banghead:

I just want to say that in the picture that was sent to the dad of her "learning how to drive a stick like a pro"....the speedometer is pegged on ZERO mph.... she wasnt actually driving... has anyone else made that
observation?...

In my opinion...the picture is posed for....But she is not looking at the camera.... I understand she would be having to watch where she was going if she were actually driving....but she is not....and yet she didnt look at the camera???....just wondering....

My head is spinning and my eyes are crossing while trying to follow and keep up with this...

Is there a timeline that I've missed? Like the one that had been kept at the beginning of the Mickey Shunick threads? If so, would someone please post the link for me?

I'm trying to remember if it's been stated where Heather was brought back to after the date.

Thanks!
her apartment by her date who says her car was there when he dropped her off.

I'm gonna get the Elephant out of the room here.

I came here because I had a sister pass away many years ago, my mother has also passed. If you take my moms younger pictures & some pictures my family had done of my sister, HE looked a lot like both, so I had a natural attraction & interest to this story.

But now I feel betrayed.

We have all discussed numerous theories, but answer me this:

There was no reason not to release this picture of her driving. This picture looks "NOTHING" like the other pictures we've been shown. This girl could have delivered my mail & I would have never known it. There are so many pictures that all look different, I get the dresses down/dolled up reasons, but for the love of this girl, this recent picture doesn't look like either & was the one ALL strangers wanting to help should have seen 1st.
I agree with the fact that photo should have been released. I thought she looked (for lack of a better word) a little bit chunkier than in other photos [modsnip].imo)

Thanks for linking this.

Here are a couple of screen shots I did from it.

Prayers for Heather's safe return!
2cok8k8.gif

2wqdb21.jpg

22ao0o.jpg

I wonder if that shirt was found at her apartment?

I just want to say that in the picture that was sent to the dad of her "learning how to drive a stick like a pro"....the speedometer is pegged on ZERO mph.... she wasnt actually driving... has anyone else made that
observation?...

In my opinion...the picture is posed for....But she is not looking at the camera.... I understand she would be having to watch where she was going if she were actually driving....but she is not....and yet she didnt look at the camera???....just wondering....

Yes, but if you look at the dial to HE's left, the pin is at the second mark, which is RPMs (2 x 1000 RPMs is how a typical gauge is read on most cars).

She was likely revving the engine, and it was at about 2000 revolutions per minute, which could mean she was accelerating from a stop.

New drivers of a manual transmission (I speak from experience), often struggle with the dual foot coordination of getting a car going.

:moo: :twocents:

observation?...

She looks like she's probably just shifting into gear to get started.

I agree with the fact that photo should have been released. I thought she looked (for lack of a better word) a little bit chunkier than in other photos [modsnip]imo)

Imo...im a girl...and I know other girls who have said the same thing I am about to say....I personally would never post or send an unflattering picture...I would delete and take a different one...and I have had friends that have said the same...so I know I am not alone in that. Just my opinion.... Also....in all her other pictures that I have seen she is facing the camera. I have not seen any other pictures of her taken from the side...like side profile....I think it is safe to say that she did not take this pic herself since both of her arms are actually in the photo....and furthermore that she was not actually driving and having to pay attention to where she was driving the vehicle because speedometer is at zero....[modsnip]Just my opinion!

Just wondering if anyone knows **FOR SURE** if HE had gained any weight in the 2 months prior to her disappearance.

The picture of her "driving the stick shift" doesn't look like the same girl to me either. I know it is.... I am just saying she looks heavier than any of the other pics than been released.

Yes, but if you look at the dial to HE's left, the pin is at the second mark, which is RPMs (2 x 1000 RPMs is how a typical gauge is read on most cars).

She was likely revving the engine, and it was at about 2000 revolutions per minute, which could mean she was accelerating from a stop.

New drivers of a manual transmission (I speak from experience), often struggle with the dual foot coordination of getting a car going.

Yep, ITA with your above thoughts, along with the fact that she was in a parking lot, not out on a highway, or even a small side road, where in either of those instances you could expect to see atleast a bit of accelerated speed..but with it being a parking lot and her just beginning to learn to drive stick shift, I am not at all suspicious of what is seen on the car's speedometer dash..jmo

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

She looks like she's probably just shifting into gear to get started.

Here is a sample image for comparison:
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/gauges_zpseab59374.jpg.html][/URL]

In HE's image, from left to right, you have the fuel gauge, RPMs, and speedometer.

In this image, (L to R), it's RPMs, fuel, then speedometer).

Hope this helps!

Imo...im a girl...and I know other girls who have said the same thing I am about to say....I personally would never post or send an unflattering picture...I would delete and take a different one...and I have had friends that have said the same...so I know I am not alone in that. Just my opinion.... Also....in all her other pictures that I have seen she is facing the camera. I have not seen any other pictures of her taken from the side...like side profile....I think it is safe to say that she did not take this pic herself since both of her arms are actually in the photo....and furthermore that she was not actually driving and having to pay attention to where she was driving the vehicle because speedometer is at zero.<mod snip> Just my opinion!

I'm about to agree and disagree. Yes to not sending/posting But it was to her dad. Someone she trusts not to judge and who has likely seen her look worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Imo...im a girl...and I know other girls who have said the same thing I am about to say....I personally would never post or send an unflattering picture...I would delete and take a different one...and I have had friends that have said the same...so I know I am not alone in that. Just my opinion.... Also....in all her other pictures that I have seen she is facing the camera. I have not seen any other pictures of her taken from the side...like side profile....I think it is safe to say that she did not take this pic herself since both of her arms are actually in the photo....and furthermore that she was not actually driving and having to pay attention to where she was driving the vehicle because speedometer is at zero....so.... [modsnip] Just my opinion!

Yeah. I've been wondering about that too. I mean, seriously...

Rpms at 2 (2000 rpms) means the truck is running...

In all fairness, she's focused on driving, smiling happily, and when you're shifting, you're pulling the gearshift towards you, which means "chin down" as in "towards the camera" - factor in the fact that she's seated, and the the angles maybe aren't the best, add in a little inertia, and viola! Perhaps a not-so-perfect image for the entire world to dissect and draw their own conclusions about.

If any of you have ever tried to learn how to drive a manual transmission, have taught someone, or been a passenger with a stick-shift driving n00bie, you know how much a car can lurch about. With that in mind, look at this photo again, and maybe that's all it is: a candid photo of a girl who is just happy she's learning something new, and not embarrassed to be photographed doing it. Heck, she sent her beloved Dad the pic! #justsayin

I know I had plenty of laughs (at myself) as I learned, many moons ago. I thank heavens there wasn't anyone to capture images of me doing it!

:twocents: :moo:

Imo...im a girl...and I know other girls who have said the same thing I am about to say....I personally would never post or send an unflattering picture...I would delete and take a different one...and I have had friends that have said the same...so I know I am not alone in that. Just my opinion.... Also....in all her other pictures that I have seen she is facing the camera. I have not seen any other pictures of her taken from the side...like side profile....I think it is safe to say that she did not take this pic herself since both of her arms are actually in the photo....and furthermore that she was not actually driving and having to pay attention to where she was driving the vehicle because speedometer is at zero....so.... a<Mod Snip>Just my opinion!

BBM...

Except maybe what you think is unflattering may not be what others think is unflattering including her Dad.

I think it shows her having a good time and she wanted her Dad to see she was learning to drive a stick. I don't find anything odd about it. I'm sure her Dad doesn't find it unflattering.

I guess I'm not sure I understand what you are insinuating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli