SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the key is why she went out again and that she would only do so to see someone she knows. Or she went to get food? And maybe do a drive-by to see if an ex was home? The phone thing is key, IMO, if it was a local number. Who did she want to talk with/communicate with at that hour?

I am grossed out at the pictures of him with all the young, beautiful stylists.

I'm not a mod but I know we're allowed to post it as it does pertain to the job that Heather just got with Artistik. This man is the significant other of the owner of that salon. His address is the same as hers. Maybe he's learned from his past mistake of messing with an 11 year old little girl.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=576502&AgencyID=54575

I have to ask this - why would any woman marry a man who had been convicted of raping a child?!?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a mod but I know we're allowed to post it as it does pertain to the job that Heather just got with Artistik. This man is the significant other of the owner of that salon. His address is the same as hers. Maybe he's learned from his past mistake of messing with an 11 year old little girl.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=576502&AgencyID=54575

I notice his last verification date was 12/18/13 - same day Heather went missing. At this point, no investigation into Heather's disappearance had begun. Must be an eerie coincidence.

We still don't know the details of her last call. Is that correct? That obviously is still likely the key here.

I think LE might have a POI(s), jmo.

I still think the key is why she went out again and that she would only do so to see someone she knows. Or she went to get food? And maybe do a drive-by to see if an ex was home? The phone thing is key, IMO, if it was a local number. Who did she want to talk with/communicate with at that hour?

See, that's where I'm thrown off. The lieutenant investigating said her last ping was 3:00. Then her dad said her last phone activity was around 3:00. Then her dad said he checked his account (idk called them or looked online) and the last call was at 3:41. So imo there's a big difference between 3:00 & 3:41, especially when the le said 3:00 was the last ping (at that time bc this was right after she went missing). What I'm wondering is if the 3:41 activity was actually somebody on her phone using it on a call or text, or maybe they opened a text or listened to a voicemail, or maybe it's when the system updated on her phone plan.

Terry is matter of fact with that 3:41 call so I believe him and his family about the significance of it. Problem is the "what" & "how".

Could her cell have pinged at 3:00 when a call came in, then she was either lured out or abducted? Maybe they got her phone & were out of cell service range until 3:41 when they were able to check the phone to see her last activity. Maybe that's why the searchers are scouring where they are bc maybe it's where her cell last pinged.

Could she have been lured to meet somebody at PTL when her phone pinged at 3:00, that could be why the initial search was near there, those woods & the water. Then maybe when the 3:41 info became known, they moved the search grid. Maybe? Wondering if this is feasible.

I have a ton of them on my key ring & the one it most resembles to those I have (American eagle, lowes, cvs, goodwill, food lion, rite aid, hallmark, Tuesday morning, lowes foods, Kroger, auto zone) is horry county memorial library & it's located in Socastee.

Here's a pic of mine:
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/...F-AA82-443E-B458-81C2C07ED8B7_zpssnwiyodn.jpg

My guess is~it's her Customer Savings Card for groceries. She posted on Twitter (June 23, 2013) about how expensive it is to eat healthy and added a photo of grocery receipt. Customer Card Used (at top of receipt).
https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis
HeatherEatingHealthyGetsExpensive.jpg

See, that's where I'm thrown off. The lieutenant investigating said her last img was 3:00. Then her dad said her last phone activity was around 3:00. Then her dad said he checked his account (idk called them or looked online) and the last call was at 3:41. So imo there's a big difference between 3:00 & 3:41, especially when the le said 3:00 was the last ping (at that time bc this was right after she went missing). What I'm wondering is if the 3:41 activity was actually somebody on her phone using it on a call or text, or maybe they opened a text or listened to a voicemail, or maybe it's when the system updated on her phone plan.

Terry is matter of fact with that 3:41 call so I believe him and his family about the significance of it. Problem is the "what" & "how".

Could her cell have pinged at 3:00 when a call came in, then she was either lured out or abducted? Maybe they got her phone & were out of cell service range until 3:41 when they were able to check the phone to see her last activity. Maybe that's why the searchers are scouring where they are bc maybe it's where her cell last pinged.

Could she have been lured to meet somebody at PTL when her phone pinged at 3:00, that could be why the initial search was near there, those woods & the water. Then maybe when the 3:41 info became known, they moved the search grid. Maybe? Wondering if this is feasible.

I'm guessing that the lieutenant was rounding to 3am because he didn't know or couldn't remember off the top of his head how many minutes it was, or more likely didn't want to reveal the exact time.

I just had an idea....what if LE is saying that some of HE's "friends" are not cooperating because they do not know of their whereabouts at all?....btw, this occurred to me while I was somewhat browsing the rso site and saw sooooo many that say "non-compliant".... would there be any way to cross reference HE's employer addresses,and all if her social media friend's lists and the car club she modelled for and etc....against just the non-compliant rso's?

Also.... moderators....beings these non-compliant offenders are WANTED....is it okay to "sleuth" them??....they might not be involved with this case in particular....however they are WANTED????

Not only is it difficult to figure out why serial killers continue to kill, it is also hard for law enforcement agencies to identify a serial killer due to "linkage blindness," another term coined by Egger. "Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there." Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder.

."[/B]

This brings RM, RSO and POI in the Brittanee Drexel case to mind because she went missing in Myrtle Beach, and her phone last pinged near Georgetown where RM lives. For those unfamiliar with the area, Myrtle Beach is in Horry County while Georgetown is in Georgetown County. I hope and pray this isn't the case with Heather, but we all know how far Brittanee's case has gone.

Respectfully snipped...

http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/portal/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402
<sniped & BBM - Read More>

Not only is it difficult to figure out why serial killers continue to kill, it is also hard for law enforcement agencies to identify a serial killer due to "linkage blindness," another term coined by Egger. "Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there." Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder.

Respectfully snipped...
This is the most frustrating of all. I know someone who was working with various LE agencies in various states on trying to find some way to get the databases to "talk" to each other, and each LE area wanted the database to be "their way". No compromise, no care about how this would help find criminals, just a bunch of people acting like babies because they wanted it all to be "their way". It's a shame for the LE who are doing all the hard work, while other members of their profession are busy blocking communication because they have ego issues.

For those of you into discussing the requested involvement of the governor, you must have missed the original requesting post on the FHE Facebook page. Days ago, at least a week ago, there was a post from insiders, saying that the governor could request a "flyover" by some type of special plane allowed for use by the state of SC. This plane would provide heat seeking technology or something akin to that to map out possibilities for land search. The Facebook post stated that a large number of requests from the community might persuade Haley to send out the plane. Sorry, I am not technically savvy enough to repost or quote that Facebook post for you.

I read in one article that SLED is assisting with the investigation (can't remember which one... might have been the NG transcript) & I would assume that they would be the ones to authorize such a search ...

Per their website,
"SLED Mission Statement
The primary mission of the State Law Enforcement Division is to provide quality manpower and technical assistance to law enforcement agencies and to conduct investigations on behalf of the state as directed by the Governor and Attorney General."

Hopefully grabbing the gov's attention will prompt her to authorize or direct them to utilize that flyover plane.

Not sure if it's related but I did notice an extremely low lying helicopter passed over my building at work (in Surfside) twice this morning & I've never seen/heard one that close to the ground around here in the past 2 and a half yrs I've worked at this location.

This is the most frustrating of all. I know someone who was working with various LE agencies in various states on trying to find some way to get the databases to "talk" to each other, and each LE area wanted the database to be "their way". No compromise, no care about how this would help find criminals, just a bunch of people acting like babies because they wanted it all to be "their way". It's a shame for the LE who are doing all the hard work, while other members of their profession are busy blocking communication because they have ego issues.

Agreed! I feel that linking the databases would be a HUGE leap forward in helping to solve some cases. I mean, after all, the medical profession has been able to do this with medical records, prescription/pharmacy records, etc. I think these agencies need to bring in some kind of unbiased group to oversee & make this happen.

Great idea!

It might be worth seeing if we can find out some of the salons that Amber Berbiglia frequented.

I notice his last verification date was 12/18/13 - same day Heather went missing. At this point, no investigation into Heather's disappearance had begun. Must be an eerie coincidence.

I dont like coincidences at all. Especially in cases like this.

Does "verfication" mean that he had to physically go down to police station and update his information or something like that?

If so, this is very scary because the act itself of "verifying" would no doubt remind the person of the past and could possibly be a "trigger".

Im glad that LE was made aware. Let us hope they are doing their job and vetting accordingly.

Wow. :( I'm starting to think everyone out there is a Tier 3 RSO.
Think this guy has a pontoon boat or a boat trailer with no lights? Though, that seems too obvious...I would think LE would have figured that out ages ago. Or, maybe they have, & they're baiting the guy.
Or, maybe he had nothing to do with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads