SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me, that LE could say, "We have thoroughly checked into the details re: Heather's last phone activity, and it has been determined not to be related to the circumstances re: Heather's disappearance."

The fact that they are not saying anything about the last phone activity is telling, imo.

I don't know if the swamp itself has been but I know it's in close proximity to Ronald McNair (the area that was searched on Sat).

Yikes. Someone needs to get out there immediately if that place has not already been searched! jmo!!!! One would think LE has checked there already---that swamp area has jumped out on a map since the beginning of all this. jmo.

See, that's where I'm thrown off. The lieutenant investigating said her last ping was 3:00. Then her dad said her last phone activity was around 3:00. Then her dad said he checked his account (idk called them or looked online) and the last call was at 3:41. So imo there's a big difference between 3:00 & 3:41, especially when the le said 3:00 was the last ping (at that time bc this was right after she went missing). What I'm wondering is if the 3:41 activity was actually somebody on her phone using it on a call or text, or maybe they opened a text or listened to a voicemail, or maybe it's when the system updated on her phone plan.

Terry is matter of fact with that 3:41 call so I believe him and his family about the significance of it. Problem is the "what" & "how".

Could her cell have pinged at 3:00 when a call came in, then she was either lured out or abducted? Maybe they got her phone & were out of cell service range until 3:41 when they were able to check the phone to see her last activity. Maybe that's why the searchers are scouring where they are bc maybe it's where her cell last pinged.

Could she have been lured to meet somebody at PTL when her phone pinged at 3:00, that could be why the initial search was near there, those woods & the water. Then maybe when the 3:41 info became known, they moved the search grid. Maybe? Wondering if this is feasible.

I am a bit confused about the time and date but this article mentions :

"Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. on Dec. 17, when she called a family member to talk about how a date she was on had gone well, her family said. She was reported missing the next day when her car was found at a boat ramp about 8 miles from her home, Horry County Police Lt. Robert Kegler said."

http://m.scnow.com/news/state/article_ccb17908-7b9a-11e3-ac0a-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

This article states that the 3am phone call was to a family member to talk about the date she just had, so Heather herself called a family member at 3am, if this article is correct.
Was she at her apartment when she called her family, or did the phone ping from somewhere else at 3am?

IMOO.

I dont like coincidences at all. Especially in cases like this.

Does "verfication" mean that he had to physically go down to police station and update his information or something like that?

If so, this is very scary because the act itself of "verifying" would no doubt remind the person of the past and could possibly be a "trigger".

Im glad that LE was made aware. Let us hope they are doing their job and vetting accordingly.

I believe the police go to SO's address to make sure they are still living there. I don't like coincidences either, and first thing I thought of was a "trigger" reaction. Bothered me enough to get everyone's take on it.

Anyone care to offer an opinion ...

“There are no concrete leads as to where she is right now or if there are any suspects involved in her disappearance,” Kegler said.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/12/3203903/every-time-we-turn-around-there.html#storylink=cpy

It's almost like they still kind of think she went off on her own and may not be in any danger at all. I really hope they aren't thinking that way, because that scenario is just not something I see happening...and the time they might be wasting could be giving someone time to get as far away as they can (if they were involved or have any info about Heather).

I am a bit confused about the time and date but this article mentions :

"Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. on Dec. 17, when she called a family member to talk about how a date she was on had gone well, her family said. She was reported missing the next day when her car was found at a boat ramp about 8 miles from her home, Horry County Police Lt. Robert Kegler said."

http://m.scnow.com/news/state/article_ccb17908-7b9a-11e3-ac0a-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

This article states that the 3am phone call was to a family member to talk about the date she just had, so Heather herself called a family member at 3am, if this article is correct.
Was she at her apartment when she called her family, or did the phone ping from somewhere else at 3am?

IMOO.

Article is wrong, IMO. She talked to her roommate sometime after 2am, but was in touch with her father more like 10:30pm, during her date, I believe. We do not know who she called or texted at or about 3:41am.

Note the proximity to Carolina Forest Dr.

Does anyone know if the socastee swamp has been searched yet?

What is the significance of Carolina Forest Drive? I have a hard time keeping up with all the street names mentioned.

“There are no concrete leads as to where she is right now or if there are any suspects involved in her disappearance,” Kegler said.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/12/3203903/every-time-we-turn-around-there.html#storylink=cpy

Maybe the adjective "concrete" means there could be leads but not 100 percent proof so therefore there aren't solid leads at this point that could tell them anything, like where she is or even IF there are any suspects. The word "if" is added in the sentence, that perhaps tells that they haven't found proof yet of a suspect, perhaps. Maybe they have suspicions, but no concrete proof.
I suppose it could also mean they could think she left voluntarily, too, perhaps, as they don't know if there are any suspects??
OR they haven't found suspects at this time.
IMOO.

--------------------------
I noticed that many quotes from this article were referring to Christmas and New Years, but the article was just published. Is it safe to say The LT's quote is new or is it possible the bolder quote could have been from a few weeks back?

Article is wrong, IMO. She talked to her roommate sometime after 2am, but was in touch with her father more like 10:30pm, during her date, I believe. We do not know who she called or texted at or about 3:41am.

I wonder if the person she was communicating with last is cooperating with the police? Also, whose to say that Heather actually used the phone herself the last time it pinged. Anyone could text someone else if they had her phone in their possession. Whose to say they didn't have her phone and Heather was already somewhere else.
If someone isn't cooperating it's possible they've already hired a lawyer to block attempts to be questioned by the police.

I'm not sure if anyone has reported this or not, but it was posted on FHEFB (in the other posts about 3 hours ago) that the SC National Guard said they would help any way possible. LadyHawwke, are you aware of this? Is it true, or is it just rumor? I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

--------------------------
I noticed that many quotes from this article were referring to Christmas and New Years, but the article was just published. Is it safe to say The LT's quote is new or is it possible the bolder quote could have been from a few weeks back?

And this same article has been published on other links as well, as this article is the same one I linked to, but it's from a different link arriving from a common source, so I am not sure of the exact date.
IMOO.

Hard to say if anything is going on behind the scenes. In a lot of cases, LE will say they are talking with a person of interest, or it will leak out if someone has been asked in more than once to see LE.

From the posts, etc. by family, it does not appear to me that they are looking at anyone or anything in particular, at least if so, they are not aware.

Unless she is often out and about after 3am, I really think she went out to see a specific person and that person knows what happened to her. A random predator is a bit of a coincidence to me, if this was the first time she ever ventured out at that hour, but JMO.

LE being quiet and not warning of a SK in the area, makes me think that HE missing case is a single event.
Personally I fear she is in the water and around where her car was PTL.

My guess is~it's her Customer Savings Card for groceries. She posted on Twitter (June 23, 2013) about how expensive it is to eat healthy and added a photo of grocery receipt. Customer Card Used (at top of receipt).
https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis
HeatherEatingHealthyGetsExpensive.jpg

I finally found my old cards from the Pig and Fitness Edge, I think it's a Fitness Edge card. Look at the size difference. I didn't want to comment until I found my old keys. They have one location in Murrells Inlet and another somewhere out at Carolina Forrest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 60
I finally found my old cards from the Pig and Fitness Edge, I think it's a Fitness Edge card. Look at the size difference if my pics posted. I didn't want to comment until I found my old keys. They have one location in Murrells Inlet and another somewhere out at Carolina Forrest.

Another image.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 49

JMO
I think that LE has their work cut out for them in this case. From Social Media associations to all the RSO in the mix they must be gathering information and accounts of Heathers relationships. Who would have a motive in her circle of work, friends and acquaintances? What would their motive be? Heather seems like a sweet, normal, somewhat rebellious and adventurous soul. I do think that someone groomed her and watched her- building trust all the while so that they could get close to Heather.

What took her to PTL at that time of night? or...Did she meet this person somewhere else closer to home and the car was just dumped there later?

Who and what could get Heather out at that time of night/morning? I wonder if she was just buying some pot. Innocent enough at any time of day or night, people that smoke use it from very casually to all day/every day-I have a daughter Heathers age that "self medicates" and smokes a lot (to my disappointment). I know that she uses to fall asleep and during the day just to feel balanced- for her it is a mood stabilizer I guess. Anyways, I think my daughters would go out that time of night to buy pot or help a friend in trouble.

From the grocery statement posted above and eating healthy-Would Heather go out to binge on junkfood? My young adult and teen daughters will not go to fast food ever! They just hate it but they would do sushi/veggies/snacks from the grocery. Are there any 24 hour grocery stores in the area?

JMO

I wonder if the person she was communicating with last is cooperating with the police? Also, whose to say that Heather actually used the phone herself the last time it pinged. Anyone could text someone else if they had her phone in their possession. Whose to say they didn't have her phone and Heather was already somewhere else.
If someone isn't cooperating it's possible they've already hired a lawyer to block attempts to be questioned by the police.
One thing popped into my head as I was reading this and the "uncooperative "part , What if that last call was to a bar or pool hall, party or any place where a number of people could have picked up the phone and the caller asked for someone in particular,Maybe that is where the "uncooperative" is coming from (who picked it up and/or who was it for?).,,,just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!