SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a roommate that was in the same situation with a married man, she would meet him at all hours of the night, in the darkest places and sleezy bars. She didn't care what time or when, if he called - she was there! Something like this could have happened to her too. This is why I agree and think you're right. Heather met someone that night she knew. A question I have is why didn't he come to her new place, since she was alone, no one would have known he was there? Don't you think that strange?

I've asked that too???

I don't think it's strange that they wouldn't meet at her apartment if he had a gf or wife. Anyone could drive by her apartment and see his car there... So even though her roommate was not in town...she would still need to meet up with him in a place that isn't out in the open,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy crow, I made it to the end of the thread.....Been reading to get caught up and with a toddler and elderly grandma to take care of it has been days!

My theory of what happened comes from personal experience so let me quickly explain. When I was around HE age there was this guy (isn't there always a guy). He was extremely good looking and charming as hell. I was in love. The problem, he had a live in GF that he "couldn't stand" but for whatever reason he couldn't leave. I bought it up and would meet him when ever and where ever I could. We had to sneak around so that she wouldn't find out. Usually in the middle of the night and at out of the way places. I couldn't really tell my friends because they would judge and someone might tell the GF. The entire time that I was reading the thread all I could think was that this is exactly how my family and friends would have found everything if something had gone wrong when I was out with him. I truly believe that she went to meet someone and things went terribly wrong. Just venting what I have been thinking the entire time that I have been reading.

I've been wondering about a possible situation like this as well... Actually, obsessing over it. [modsnip]

There is just something about that photo of her taken while she was learning to drive a stick shift. For some reason, the movie Bella comes to mind... Maybe she had a relationship with someone who was married, [modsnip] and things got messy... Just my opinion and some attention deficit kicking in...

I am a bit confused about the time and date but this article mentions :

"Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. on Dec. 17, when she called a family member to talk about how a date she was on had gone well, her family said. She was reported missing the next day when her car was found at a boat ramp about 8 miles from her home, Horry County Police Lt. Robert Kegler said."

http://m.scnow.com/news/state/article_ccb17908-7b9a-11e3-ac0a-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

This article states that the 3am phone call was to a family member to talk about the date she just had, so Heather herself called a family member at 3am, if this article is correct.
Was she at her apartment when she called her family, or did the phone ping from somewhere else at 3am?

IMOO.

The times changed as time went on in the case. We didn't hear about the 3:41 a.m. time until NG iirc.
Can someone refresh my memory? Has LE commented on HE's phone records other than to say someone else provided the info to them? Let's be honest, LE isn't going to use info provided to them as evidence. They will conduct their own study of the phone records.

No one can obtain ping information without a warrant. Iirc that's a study of triangulation and has to be requested from the phone company by LE. This was done in Kelli B's case and LE commented on the results telling the area her phone last pinged.
I haven't heard LE comment in HE's case about ping locations.
Even if TE knows the last time and number of a final exchange, he can't know where the phone pinged during that time.

OT: I haven't seen it, but I kind of regret not watching it because it seems like it has a lot of hardcore fans! Also yes, he is very easy on the eyes. Unfortunately for HE, and me, and a bunch of the rest of us... we aren't his! :cry: lol

I see nothing new today, disappointing but not unexpected. :(

Not to mention I could probably be Bomer's mother, ugh!
(I read that too. I'll pretend I didn't!)

I can't help but think that the date somehow triggered the disappearance. When I say date, I mean the event not the person. A young woman goes out on a date, gets dropped off at her house, calls her roommate and says she had a good time. No signs of a struggle at her house. Her car is found somewhere that she is familiar with, again, no sign of struggle. It seems likely to me that she drove there to meet someone. The question is who or what would entice her to leave her house shortly after a date. I can see a couple possible scenarios. One, a jealous ex boyfriend knows she went out on a date and calls her afterwards and asks to meet her. She agrees gets in his car and something bad happens either there or somewhere else. Two, sometimes after a relationship ends people will date someone else but still have feelings for their old GF or BF. Perhaps she called him and ask to meet him and things went bad. Three, the date triggered an unsavory person that she knows (God knows they were all around her) to lure her out somehow and did what bad people do. Perhaps he saw the opportunity presented by other friends or coworkers being home for the holidays.

I have been trying to decide since this began if it was someone she knew, a RSO, or a SK. Based on the circumstances, the people around her, and the track record of missing people in the area, I think it is possible that the person could be all 3. All IMHO.

Planet Fitness is the same size, they opened last December here, my card has my membership number on the back handwritten in purple. Went and located my old YMCA card, it's the same size as FE and PF, the back of it has their web address on the back along with the barcode. I'd bet it's a gym card on Heather's key ring.
The good thing about bar codes is they're swiped every time someone comes in the door at the gym so there is a record of their arrival time.

Would there be a record if someone came with her? I'm asking bc I'm wondering...only wondering if its possible...that if by chance someone else is responsible for her disappearance, and if that person happens to not be known to Heather, if it could be somebody that maybe knew her habits and watched her.

The Pig is not open 24 hours.

Fitness Edge is not open 24 hours. The one at Carolina Forest closes at midnight during the week according to their website and the one in my Murrells Inlet used to close around 10. Because Fitness Edge at Carolina Forest is close to Coastal Carolina University and Horry Georgetown Tech, I would think they'd attract a young crowd.

I don't know if HE was a member of FE. I would guess she'd go to the one at Carolina Forest if she did, MI is 25 to 30 minutes from her job and home.

In that case, we know she didn't innocently head off to either of those two places where she ran into someone she knew/a bad guy.

Because, let's imagine for a minute, that HE made an independent move that wasn't based on her phone calls. It's possible she couldn't sleep and decided to head out for fast food or some other place that was still open. She would take her phone with her though but may have not used it. So how do we know where her phone stopped pinging? The problem is, if she didn't drive very far, it would ping off the same tower/s as when she's in her apartment.

I can't accept her heading out to the place her car was found though for no good reason (meaning if no one else is involved) at that time in the morning. A move like that makes no sense to me at all unless she was going to meet someone over there. So, imo, she was meeting someone or her car was driven and left there by someone else.

I don't think it's strange that they wouldn't meet at her apartment if he had a gf or wife. Anyone could drive by her apartment and see his car there... So even though her roommate was not in town...she would still need to meet up with him in a place that isn't out in the open,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This would mean to me that this guy was in her "network" of friends or acquaintances, to avoid his car being recognized or his "wife/girlfriend" was suspect of him and watching him closely. Also, who's out that time of night to meet someone? It has to be someone in the restaurant/bar business for them to not be missed at 3:30ish in the morning.

Did Heather have a fake id?

I've asked that too???

The reason I'm asking is bc most of the time when somebody gets a fake id they put a fake name on it. So I'm wondering if any of her friends would know this info, and if so, have they turned over that info to detectives? If there was an alias on a fake id, then there may be a trail under a different name they could search.

Would there be a record if someone came with her? I'm asking bc I'm wondering...only wondering if its possible...that if by chance someone else is responsible for her disappearance, and if that person happens to not be known to Heather, if it could be somebody that maybe knew her habits and watched her.

At FE there should be. I took my niece before she joined and she had to fill out paperwork as a guest. Both gyms are owned by the same person so I would guess the rules are the same (unless someone was friends with HE or her guest and let them slide in). I'm pretty sure the one in MI had cameras on the front door, I've never been to the one at Carolina Forest.

The times changed as time went on in the case. We didn't hear about the 3:41 a.m. time until NG iirc.
Can someone refresh my memory? Has LE commented on HE's phone records other than to say someone else provided the info to them? Let's be honest, LE isn't going to use info provided to them as evidence. They will conduct their own study of the phone records.

No one can obtain ping information without a warrant. Iirc that's a study of triangulation and has to be requested from the phone company by LE. This was done in Kelli B's case and LE commented on the results telling the area her phone last pinged.
I haven't heard LE comment in HE's case about ping locations.
Even if TE knows the last time and number of a final exchange, he can't know where the phone pinged during that time.

In the very beginning, the lieutenant said her phone last pinged at 3:00 am.

Her father is the one who said that Le would not tell them where the last pings were; not sure LE addressed this at all?

This would mean to me that this guy was in her "network" of friends or acquaintances, to avoid his car being recognized or his "wife/girlfriend" was suspect of him and watching him closely. Also, who's out that time of night to meet someone? It has to be someone in the restaurant/bar business for them to not be missed at 3:30ish in the morning.

I'll add, maybe the new date was someone HE really liked and wanted a LTR with so she didn't want another man at her apartment from then on out.

I'll add, maybe the new date was someone HE really liked and wanted a LTR with so she didn't want another man at her apartment from then on out.

Good point! I'll also add that she just moved to the complex and probably no one knew her there...so the reason to not go there was because of the other person or possibly they lived in the same complex? All of this is my opinion and based on her meeting someone she knew at PTL...sadly every time I type or read that is means Praise The Lord!

Her father is the one who said that Le would not tell them where the last pings were; not sure LE addressed this at all?

Found it! This is the only statement I see that addresses pings. Other media quoted the same sentence. I haven't seen anything that informs where her cell pinged.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850#.UtSJIMu9KSM

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman
Posted: 12.20.2013 at 1:13 PM

Snipped:
Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

Good point! I'll also add that she just moved to the complex and probably no one knew her there...so the reason to not go there was because of the other person or possibly they lived in the same complex? All of this is my opinion and based on her meeting someone she knew at PTL...sadly every time I type or read that is means Praise The Lord!

Maybe HE didn't want an old relationship knowing where she had moved to so an alternate location was suggested.

In addition to the possibility of it being a "trigger" for someone, it could also be seen by them as an "all clear." A sense of security established in previous patterns that no one will be checking in on them for a while, assuming it gives them enough time to get rid of evidence. And I would go ahead and assume it does, given the inability of most states to keep their RSO's in check. MOO

OT sort of but I'm always so grateful for my local PD when I read another article about a random countywide RSO check-in and all the things they confiscate and re-arrest them for! I wonder if anyone's SO has ever found out about their partner's status that way. That would be easier for me to believe than the idea of someone knowingly marrying one.
in the mickey shunick case the perp was an rso....had a fiance and she was interviewed....I dont know if she knew if he was an rso or not but dateline nbc aired portions of LE's interview of her....and imo she would have never suspected and was reluctant to believe that she was planning to marry the man responsible for kidnapping/murder....m.o.o...

great question......what is the legal drinking age in SC????
but so many older people buy for minors, but to get into clubs etc.

I thought it was 21 all over the USA?

Does anyone recognize the pub in the picture of Heather & her friends? Maybe police can talk to that pub's owners & workers? How did these kids get served? Wouldn't they have to show id?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg