SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her father is the one who said that Le would not tell them where the last pings were; not sure LE addressed this at all?

If I were LE I wouldn't tell a father allot of things because right now dad is so depressed and emotions could lead him to confront the suspect(s) and make the investigation hard to prove. Dad could get angry enough to shoot a perp.
If a RSO was involved with my daughter and she was hurt or missing, I don't know if I could compose myself. JMOO

Maybe HE didn't want an old relationship knowing where she had moved to so an alternate location was suggested.

Good point, do we know if she lived with her folks before moving in with the new digs? Maybe the "relationship dude" was stalking her?

Good point, do we know if she lived with her folks before moving in with the new digs? Maybe the "relationship dude" was stalking her?

Sounded more like he ended it, IMO...or it had ended anyway.

Like NG says..........there are no coincidences when it comes to crime.

Why does NG think there are no coincidences when it comes to crime?
At some time, after following several cases, I wished I had named myself "Uncanny" as it seems an appropriate notion to keep in mind while following cases.
I've learned the hard way that coincidences seem to appear when studying circumstances surrounding crimes. A few times I've latched on to the circumstances surrounding the unlikely timing reported about someone close to the case and loosely decided the person was a suspect. Luckily, a few of those cases were solved, having nothing to do with the coincidences involving those other people.

Can't understand how or why NG can say there aren't any coincidences when it comes to crime. :twocents:

If I were LE I wouldn't tell a father allot of things because right now dad is so depressed and emotions could lead him to confront the suspect(s) and make the investigation hard to prove. Dad could get angry enough to shoot a perp.
If a RSO was involved with my daughter and she was hurt or missing, I don't know if I could compose myself. JMOO

Not only that but maybe if they do suspect somebody right now, that somebody might really be innocent...but if they let others in on their info then what happens if there ends up being a vigilante ordeal?

I saw the movie Prisoners some months back & it really left me thinking... Disturbing!

Sounded more like he ended it, IMO...or it had ended anyway.

From her SM postings? Now this make me wonder if she decided to do a little stalking on him and got caught. Maybe he lives close to the PTL?

I know I'm speculating but this is so troubling to me!

LE really has their hands full on this one IMO. She was really in the public eye a lot, with the jobs that she held, as well as people seeing her at the gym (I'm assuming she was a member of one) and also at the apartment complex. I think they are going to have to sift through a lot of suspects to find what really happened. The "other woman" scenario is very plausible too. It could be so many things. I'm sure LE is doing the best job they can. Let's hope they have some kind of information to release soon! I'm dying to know who she was having a conversation with in the middle of the night.

From her SM postings? Now this make me wonder if she decided to do a little stalking on him and got caught. Maybe he lives close to the PTL?

I know I'm speculating but this is so troubling to me!

Well, yes, some that I saw sounded like she was very sad about a former relationship. At least that is how it read to me.

I wonder if the last call or text could have been either a voice mail, or a text to this person, if she was feeling depressed.

Why does NG think there are no coincidences when it comes to crime?

At some time, after following several cases, I wished I had named myself "Uncanny" as it seems an appropriate notion to keep in mind while following cases.

I've learned the hard way that coincidences seem to appear when studying circumstances surrounding crimes. A few times I've latched on to the circumstances surrounding the unlikely timing reported about someone close to the case and loosely decided the person was a suspect. Luckily, a few of those cases were solved, having nothing to do with the coincidences involving those other people.

Can't understand how or why NG can say there aren't any coincidences when it comes to crime. :twocents:

I agree. With Somer's case there were a lot of coincidences. I loosely had many POIs in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the very beginning, the lieutenant said her phone last pinged at 3:00 am.

The lieutenant said HE's phone "pinged" at 3:00 a.m.?
How could he possible know that as I doubt they had HE's phone records yet (depending on when "in the very beginning" was).

Can you provide a link please? (sorry)

Found it! This is the only statement I see that addresses pings. Other media quoted the same sentence. I haven't seen anything that informs where her cell pinged.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850#.UtSJIMu9KSM

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman
Posted: 12.20.2013 at 1:13 PM

Snipped:
Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

Yes, but early info. The 3am became 3:15am call to roommate. And only recently, learned about additional activity at 3:41am.

We all know that the last time HE was seen was on her date. Not at parent's house.

Plus the fact that the news websites often update earlier stories. :/

LE tells CUE where to conduct searches. I think they have been staying relatively in the same area now for the past weeks, expanding out each time? My thoughts are that LE is having them search the areas they are, because of the locations of the last pings and/or the route to/from PTL and suspect's home, or both.

IMO, they don't have enough evidence to name a suspect. They have to prove a crime and I think that is why TE is pleading so strongly for help. They need proof of a crime and they need evidence. They need to find HE. I've seen this many times, the perp gets away because they never find a body, or they don't have enough evidence to arrest. I really feel that is what is going on here.

I read in one article that SLED is assisting with the investigation (can't remember which one... might have been the NG transcript) & I would assume that they would be the ones to authorize such a search ...

Per their website,
"SLED Mission Statement
The primary mission of the State Law Enforcement Division is to provide quality manpower and technical assistance to law enforcement agencies and to conduct investigations on behalf of the state as directed by the Governor and Attorney General."

Hopefully grabbing the gov's attention will prompt her to authorize or direct them to utilize that flyover plane.

Not sure if it's related but I did notice an extremely low lying helicopter passed over my building at work (in Surfside) twice this morning & I've never seen/heard one that close to the ground around here in the past 2 and a half yrs I've worked at this location.

Another very valuable resource if requested by HCPD/HCSO is the US Marshal service. The USMS has no jurisdictional boundaries within the US, and has been utilized by many State & Local Law Enforcement Agencies in past missing/murdered persons cases.

http://www.usmarshals.gov/falcon09/walsh_act.htm

Operation FALCON 2009: Federal and Local Cops Organized Nationally
The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-248)
On July 27, 2006, the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-248) was signed into law. The Act provides that the “Attorney General shall use the resources of Federal law enforcement, including the United States Marshals Service, to assist jurisdictions in locating and apprehending sex offenders who violate sex offender registration requirements”.

The new law also established a new federal crime (18 USC § 2250) which subjects sex offenders who knowingly fail to register (or to keep their registration current) to up to ten years imprisonment in the event that they travel in interstate or foreign commerce. Thus, in addition to assisting state, local, territorial, and tribal law enforcement authorities in locating and apprehending unregistered sex offenders, the U.S. Marshals Service will also work with other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
<sniped - Read More>

LE tells CUE where to conduct searches. I think they have been staying relatively in the same area now for the past weeks, expanding out each time? My thoughts are that LE is having them search the areas they are, because of the locations of the last pings and/or the route to/from PTL and suspect's home, or both.

IMO, they don't have enough evidence to name a suspect. They have to prove a crime and I think that is why TE is pleading so strongly for help. They need proof of a crime and they need evidence. They need to find HE. I've seen this many times, the perp gets away because they never find a body, or they don't have enough evidence to arrest. I really feel that is what is going on here.

JMO I do not get the impression her father is asking for help to find her body...which is possibly the one thing extra LE could help with. I kind of think he is just calling out "help" in general, out of frustration.

It is horrible to think how easy it is to hide a body, though. So many are never found, or found years later.

"Caison said it's important to keep up awareness for Elvis in case anyone remembers anything."

Link to search article.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24426084/community-efforts-are-still-strong-in-search-for-heather-elvis

IMO this is where everyone's (not everyone here-everyone in the area, on the ground etc etc) main focus should be.
The FHE FB page should be encouraging all their followers to encourage local media sources/reporters to be running some segment on HE everyday. IMO the person responsible is local.
Although national media coverage is good too because then EVERYONE gets talking.
Whoever is responsible for HE disappearance has to get nervous when national media runs the story.
Somebody knows something. I think at least 2 somebodys know something. I think only one person is responsible so whoever else knows needs to come forward and what better pressure than to be bombarded with images and stories of HE.
Her mom needs to send out a plea. Her friends, and other family members need to be very present in the media. Heather's face needs to be everywhere.
Consistent public awareness will bring Heather home.

All JMO. Clearly the game plan needs a shake up. No one has talked yet. Change things up and get people talking.

JMO I do not get the impression her father is asking for help to find her body...which is possibly the one thing extra LE could help with. I kind of think he is just calling out "help" in general, out of frustration.

It is horrible to think how easy it is to hide a body, though. So many are never found, or found years later.

He's desperate for help and to keep this in the news! Sadly with no new info or LE updates I fear it will fall off the radar. I'm really concerned that LE is not doing any pressers, the community needs to know they are still involved and on this!!

According to VZW this information is available to the account holder online and or a CSR can tell the account holder the last time of the communication with the tower.

The lieutenant said HE's phone "pinged" at 3:00 a.m.?
How could he possible know that as I doubt they had HE's phone records yet (depending on when "in the beiginning is").

Can you provide a link please? (sorry)

I know that this topic has been discussed as length but after reading all of the posts my brain is fried. I read an answer to a question on the FHE fb page that I think could be really important in sleuthing. The poster is not the admin but seems very connected to the family and seems reliable (not to mention the admin didn't correct the answer). What is acceptable to get the information over here?
A big TIA

You can discuss any of the social media sites that belong to Heather. On the Finding Heather Facebook page you can link to and post about searches, maps etc. You can link to the page and say something like 'check out such and such' but you can not discuss anything posted on the page. We have no way of verifying the accuracy of the post so for that reason its not allowed here. It is considered rumor.

The only discussion allowed other than Heather's pages is main stream media, and law enforcement. We also have a few verified insiders on here as well.

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member