SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO I do not get the impression her father is asking for help to find her body...which is possibly the one thing extra LE could help with. I kind of think he is just calling out "help" in general, out of frustration.

It is horrible to think how easy it is to hide a body, though. So many are never found, or found years later.

I get the distinct impression he IS asking for help to find her body. He has in the past 24 hours clarified his objective in contacting the Governor: asking for National Guard, helicopters and all other things relating to recovery. They aren't searching the woods for a living person. I'm sure he wants her home safe, but IMO, he is looking at it realistically. Plus, I am sure LE has not left him out in left field. The FB posts have been to specific offering 'someone' police protection, etc to just be random postings.

in the mickey shunick case the perp was an rso....had a fiance and she was interviewed....I dont know if she knew if he was an rso or not but dateline nbc aired portions of LE's interview of her....and imo she would have never suspected and was reluctant to believe that she was planning to marry the man responsible for kidnapping/murder....m.o.o...

Unfortunately my time at WS has shown me that countless women do this and then either plead ignorance or "he's a changed man!" Brooke Bennet and Nevaeh Buchanan come to mind. :banghead:

At least in Mickey's case his fiancee's family was cognizant of it and acted accordingly on their instincts. Let's hope that if this is related to the actions of a RSO, someone else does that. Back to my curiosity about who in the world RM associates with.. MOO

Unfortunately my time at WS has shown me that countless women do this and then either plead ignorance or "he's a changed man!" Brooke Bennet and Nevaeh Buchanan come to mind. :banghead:

At least in Mickey's case his fiancee's family was cognizant of it and acted accordingly on their instincts. Let's hope that if this is related to the actions of a RSO, someone else does that. Back to my curiosity about who in the world RM associates with.. MOO

Often the new women are convinced the men was "framed" and were innocent all along, when they take up with RSO's.

Unfortunately my time at WS has shown me that countless women do this and then either plead ignorance or "he's a changed man!"

If that is the case with HE and a wife/significant other is protecting their husband/boyfriend, or is afraid for their safety if they come forward I would say to them:

I would be MORE afraid to NOT come forward. If you sit on information intentionally for whatever reason you will go to prison along with the person you are protecting. No one is worth going to prison over and if you make yourself an accessory by not telling what you know, then that is where you will go.

There is so much to keep up with here!

I hope this info is okay. I saw from a decent source (look at the salons fb page recent posts area) that stated HE's phone lastpingedat 3am Wednesday morning on River Oaks Road. Isn't that where she lived?

I can't remember who said this and I paraphrase but above so done mentioned the wife of the RSO and said "who would marry a man who raped A 11 year old girl? Would it be the same type of woman who would keep the highly suspicious movements of her RSO husband a secret too?

If that is the case with HE and a wife/significant other is protecting their husband/boyfriend, or is afraid for their safety if they come forward I would say to them:

I would be MORE afraid to NOT come forward. If you sit on information intentionally for whatever reason you will go to prison along with the person you are protecting. No one is worth going to prison over and if you make yourself an accessory by not telling what you know, then that is where you will go.

I would add that I would be more afraid to keep company with someone they know is capable of killing someone else. They could be next. Especially if they are the only other person who is aware a crime has been committed by their loved one.
Just a thought. A very real one IF this is the scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Often the new women are convinced the men was "framed" and were innocent all along, when they take up with RSO's.

Or they take their word for it that it was a case of jealous 17-and-a-half-year-old girlfriend and her vengeful parents. After all, 99% of the registry are just misunderstood 18 year-old boys who mooned the wrong person at a sporting event. Just ask anyone on the registry! :facepalm:

(I've been witness to WAY too many unfortunate conversations about this, which makes me scared to post this, lol. gonna preemptively acknowledge difference between statutory rape and everything else.)

There is so much to keep up with here!

I hope this info is okay. I saw from a decent source (look at the salons fb page recent posts area) that stated HE's phone lastpingedat 3am Wednesday morning on River Oaks Road. Isn't that where she lived?

I can't remember who said this and I paraphrase but above so done mentioned the wife of the RSO and said "who would marry a man who raped A 11 year old girl? Would it be the same type of woman who would keep the highly suspicious movements of her RSO husband a secret too?

To reference that horrible BB case again.. not a peep from the perp's wife or her own mother (also once married to a RSO) while the search was going on. Later it came out the perp's wife had found child *advertiser censored* on his computer and accepted his A-BUH?? innocence. She came home one day to him rushing down the stairs and her daughter (his stepdaughter) in their bedroom with a towel on and some other things in that room that I don't even want to type out. Went along for several years humming a happy tune. Stood by "her man" through and through. (Not to suggest any partners of RSO's mentioned on these threads are doing the same.)

Point being, to take this back to Heather so my anger isn't being funneled somewhere unproductive.. when it comes time to confess or report, I doubt it's going to be someone close to the perp, who's probably long since manipulated them into silence anyway. That's why I think a presser about what to look out for in the community would be beyond helpful right now, if indeed LE has no suspect. It's hard enough to pinpoint a suspicious person, how do we begin to notice the people protecting them?

Yes, but early info. The 3am became 3:15am call to roommate. And only recently, learned about additional activity at 3:41am.

We all know that the last time HE was seen was on her date. Not at parent's house.

Plus the fact that the news websites often update earlier stories. :/

Launching off this post ~

The various time changes prove LE didn't mean "ping". The reporter may have inserted the word "ping" if LE said something about HE's last phone activity taking place around 3:00 a.m. (false info anyway). I notice there isn't a direct quote from LE in the article.

If He's phone was last used at 3:41 a.m. and involved a conversation, that still may not have been the last time the phone pinged. Earlier someone else suggested that 3:41 may have been when HE's phone activity ended. Thought that was a good point but still doesn't confirm the last ping.

If Heather called her roommate at 3:00 a.m., they could have easily talked until 3:41. Or, the plot thickens, someone else used HE's phone to call the roommate's number. I'm a bit leary about a long conversation at the time in the morning (that both parties would be available and want to talk at that time). Phone calls/texts can be used to throw LE off as well.

Did Heather really call her mom to discuss her date? Was that call made at 2:00 a.m.? Because HE's social media use went from a little before 2:00 until shortly after, right?

Do we know anything about what she did the Tue night before she went missing, other than check her mail, like later on that night? Was the roommate still in town then? What about the day of her date, do we know anything of her movements that day? I'm sure they do but has any of that been released?

Somehow, it would be good if her roommate or someone could figure out what she must have been wearing, at least shoes, a jacket, something people could be in the look-out for. Even if she has a lot of clothes, she probably had jackets and shoes that were worn more often, especially if she was running out the door late at night.

One thing popped into my head as I was reading this and the "uncooperative "part , What if that last call was to a bar or pool hall, party or any place where a number of people could have picked up the phone and the caller asked for someone in particular,Maybe that is where the "uncooperative" is coming from (who picked it up and/or who was it for?).,,,just a thought

I brought this up earlier stating that the 3:41 AM call could be to a land line at an establishment or residence, rather than a cell phone. But your post made me think about it a bit more. What about a call to an "after hours club". That is, a place that sells alcohol by the drink after the legal hours for alcohol sales. They were in the remote areas of the parishes where I grew up and you had to know someone to get in and since they were already breaking the law sale to an underage person was not something they really got concerned about. That is but example of where a call could be made and those there at the time would be uncooperative. Although, it could even have been someone who was having a party at a place while their parents were out of town. They could very well have not been involved with HE's disappearance, but the problems that could arise by a full disclosure could cause them to be uncooperative. Many other possible scenarios are out there as well.

Regarding why HE left the condo - if she did leave the condo - may be even simpler than an ex, a married man or friend needing a ride. I don't remember how long HE had been in the condo. I don't believe it has been long. She worked in a business where employees would frequently be up at 3 or 4 in the morning. Maybe she went out at 3 or 4 in the morning 2 or 3 times a week since moving to the condo. After all this may only be a few hours after she normally got off. Being recently out on her own she may have been enjoying this newfound 'freedom'.

Her roommate is out of town. Maybe they would stay in the condo and talk or maybe chat with other friends via texts/Twitter while sitting around the condo till 4 in the morning when her roomie was there. Now her roomie is out of town and she is in that suddenly quiet apartment. That sudden quiet can mean an empty feeling. She may have simply gone out in search of something to replace what she had when her roomie was there.

Of course this might mean there is no person such as an ex BF for a POI. But rather some predator unknown to her that took advantage of an opportunity. That would make it tougher for LE. May make that the location of that ping all that more important.

Do we know anything about what she did the Tue night before she went missing, other than check her mail, like later on that night? Was the roommate still in town then? What about the day of her date, do we know anything of her movements that day? I'm sure they do but has any of that been released?

No, not many details, besides the mail, have been revealed. Her date was Tuesday night into Wednesday (past midnight).

Roommate info unconfirmed. There's a text on record that she arrived at her P's house, out of state, on December 22 (iirc). Haven't a clue where roommate was prior to the 22nd.

Can't imagine why these details are being held so secret.

I do not think she called anyone in her family that night/morning...her father said she texted him about 10:30 and called her friend sometime after 2:00am. The media who reported her calling her family has it wrong, IMO.

As far as her father seeking help from the governor...he has every right to ask, but I do think he should have specific requests in mind, i.e things that are not being done or utilized he feels would be helpful. Not much she can do if she does not know what he hopes to obtain, IMO.

Or they take their word for it that it was a case of jealous 17-and-a-half-year-old girlfriend and her vengeful parents. After all, 99% of the registry are just misunderstood 18 year-old boys who mooned the wrong person at a sporting event. Just ask anyone on the registry! :facepalm:

(I've been witness to WAY too many unfortunate conversations about this, which makes me scared to post this, lol. gonna preemptively acknowledge difference between statutory rape and everything else.)

Don't get me wrong, LE needs to look at those RSO's. But how many times is it someone who had the early signs and no one knew till after they were caught. Cruelty to animals is sometimes a precursor to such criminal acts. If it happened before they were 17 in some states it might be sealed by law.

And how about sexual offenses committed in another state. I had an associate that was arrested for committing such a crime and I never thought he would do something like that. Later we find out he committed a sex crime earlier, but it was in another state where he was not resident. He was visiting or passing thru. He was registered in that state, but not in his state of residence.

No, not many details, besides the mail, have been revealed. Her date was Tuesday night into Wednesday (past midnight).

Roommate info unconfirmed. There's a text on record that she arrived at her P's house, out of state, on December 22 (iirc). Haven't a clue where roommate was prior to the 22nd.

Can't imagine why these details are being held so secret.

Thanks Woe be, I guess I meant Monday night. So she picked up the mail sometime before her date Tue night. What about the last day she worked do we know?

The lieutenant said HE's phone "pinged" at 3:00 a.m.?
How could he possible know that as I doubt they had HE's phone records yet (depending on when "in the very beginning" was).

Can you provide a link please? (sorry)

Yes, but early info. The 3am became 3:15am call to roommate. And only recently, learned about additional activity at 3:41am.

We all know that the last time HE was seen was on her date. Not at parent's house.

Plus the fact that the news websites often update earlier stories. :/

According to VZW this information is available to the account holder online and or a CSR can tell the account holder the last time of the communication with the tower.

The various time changes prove LE didn't mean "ping". The reporter may have inserted the word "ping" if LE said something about HE's last phone activity taking place around 3:00 a.m. (false info anyway). I notice there isn't a direct quote from LE in the article.

If He's phone was last used at 3:41 a.m. and involved a conversation, that still may not have been the last time the phone pinged. Earlier someone else suggested that 3:41 may have been when HE's phone activity ended. Thought that was a good point but still doesn't confirm the last ping.

If Heather called her roommate at 3:00 a.m., they could have easily talked until 3:41. Or, the plot thickens, someone else used HE's phone to call the roommate's number. I'm a bit leary about a long conversation at the time in the morning (that both parties would be available and want to talk at that time). Phone calls/texts can be used to throw LE off as well.

Did Heather really call her mom to discuss her date? Was that call made at 2:00 a.m.? Because HE's social media use went from a little before 2:00 until shortly after, right?

Agree on everything except it is a quote from Lieutenant Kugler. What I think happened was that the le were given the info from Heather's dad (maybe) as to her last call. That could have been on their account informing it was at 3:00 am. Then the billing system updated and the time changed to 3:41 showing another call or text - incoming or outgoing we don't know yet. It could have involved a different carrier so routing would take more time to show up on Heather's bill. Again, just a maybe. I remember something to the effect of Heather talking to her roommate when she had another call. As far as I know that could be rumor but kinda makes sense if it did happen. Regarding news media updating their stories, yes that happens all the time except the article I attached is in the very first thread, the very first post, and was used by ChuckMaureen to start Heather's threads. In her initial first post, she quotes the article specifically stating the ping info said by the Lt. That's all in hindsight bc we all know that's changed now. So where was he getting his info? From Terry or directly from the carrier T-Mobile?

Here's ChuckMaureen's initial post:

Quote:
Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Officials used boats from Horry County, Myrtle Beach, and the Department of Natural Resources, along with the State Law Enforcement helicopter, to search the Intracoastal Waterway at Peachtree Landing where Elvis' car was found, Kegler added.

At this time, police say they haven't found any sign that she's been in or near the water.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Another very valuable resource if requested by HCPD/HCSO is the US Marshal service. The USMS has no jurisdictional boundaries within the US, and has been utilized by many State & Local Law Enforcement Agencies in past missing/murdered persons cases.

http://www.usmarshals.gov/falcon09/walsh_act.htm

Operation FALCON 2009: Federal and Local Cops Organized Nationally
The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-248)
On July 27, 2006, the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-248) was signed into law. The Act provides that the “Attorney General shall use the resources of Federal law enforcement, including the United States Marshals Service, to assist jurisdictions in locating and apprehending sex offenders who violate sex offender registration requirements”.

The new law also established a new federal crime (18 USC § 2250) which subjects sex offenders who knowingly fail to register (or to keep their registration current) to up to ten years imprisonment in the event that they travel in interstate or foreign commerce. Thus, in addition to assisting state, local, territorial, and tribal law enforcement authorities in locating and apprehending unregistered sex offenders, the U.S. Marshals Service will also work with other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
<sniped - Read More>
first and foremost I think this is what they need to do... seems to be a lot of missing people and also while browsing through rso's of horris county it seems to be a lot of rso's that are non-compliant and cant be located ... coincidence? ....dont know... I dont know what is an "average" number of missing persons is...and I dont know whT an "average" number of noncompliant rso's is....in my opinion just one of either is too many...

Another very valuable resource if requested by HCPD/HCSO is the US Marshal service. The USMS has no jurisdictional boundaries within the US, and has been utilized by many State & Local Law Enforcement Agencies in past missing/murdered persons cases.

http://www.usmarshals.gov/falcon09/walsh_act.htm

Operation FALCON 2009: Federal and Local Cops Organized Nationally
The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-248)
On July 27, 2006, the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (Public Law 109-248) was signed into law. The Act provides that the “Attorney General shall use the resources of Federal law enforcement, including the United States Marshals Service, to assist jurisdictions in locating and apprehending sex offenders who violate sex offender registration requirements”.

The new law also established a new federal crime (18 USC § 2250) which subjects sex offenders who knowingly fail to register (or to keep their registration current) to up to ten years imprisonment in the event that they travel in interstate or foreign commerce. Thus, in addition to assisting state, local, territorial, and tribal law enforcement authorities in locating and apprehending unregistered sex offenders, the U.S. Marshals Service will also work with other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
<sniped - Read More>

Dang, I wish my brother still worked for the Attorney General! He's an attorney & worked in the SC's AG office for several years until the grant he was employed under ended... that was about six months ago. (He tried cases in appellate court and wrote a lot of briefings, mostly--but he had several opinions published! Can't you tell I'm proud?)

Anyway...
If he still worked there, I would tell him to make some stuff happen! LOL

Right.

HE talks to BW from 3:15am-3:41am (last activity). Not 2 separate calls IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member