SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as consensus among friends about what happened to her, that I do not know. I offer support and do not ask sensitive questions where they don't belong. I don't feel it is my place. I do not know any of the friends who have been allegedly questioned by police nor do I know HE's family, but know some of her friends who worked at TK in the past but have since moved out of state/gotten married/etc. Although this area is incredibly transient in the Spring and Summer, it is a "small world" in the off season. I am a few years older than HE and we share many other acquaintances. At this point, I do not think those friends have much direct involvement in the case, and are just hoping for her to come home. I do, however, think it is interesting the lack of mention about her working at TK, it is my understanding she worked there for quite some time before her disappearance. That may just be misinformation on the part of the media, though.

Nancy Grace is the only media outlet that made reference to House Of Blues, everything references the Tilted Kilt. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was stated here on another thread that Heather was currently working more at TK.

We can paraphrase from the FB page...
(I do not see times on posts, so not sure how one would identify a post at a certain time? They just say "two hours ago" etc...)

Thanks Woe be, I guess I meant Monday night. So she picked up the mail sometime before her date Tue night. What about the last day she worked do we know?

An official statement of when or where HE last worked hasn't been released.
I read somewhere that she worked on Tuesday but the info was in a post without a link so it isn't official. It's been reported HE had Wednesday and Thursday off and was expected at work on Friday. Therefore, it doesn't seem illogical that she worked during the day on Tuesday.

so if this form was mailed in then this could be a coincidence since it'd be random when it was entered into the computer. If you find coincidence as an explanation. wow that's bad luck. I know many smart, educated, spiritual people who believe the universe revels the answers to our questions in varies ways. I'm not sure. I like fact based answers most the time. I do know that all my hopes and prayers are that there is no connection here, the emotional damage this would do is unbearable to think about for me.

Lol I thought she last worked on Sunday...not sure where that came from.

To me, if LE would come out and be able to say that her final call or text has nothing to do with her disappearance (i.e if she had texted an old friend in another state) then I would begin to believe more in a random predator who grabbed her or jumped in her car when she maybe went out for food. But as far as I know, they have not been able to verify that the call/text is unrelated. So for now, I think it may well be, either in getting her out of the house, or in such a way that the wording and/or tone is worrisome as to her state of mind.

Read all the posts and cannot determine the post you're referring to/found interesting.

Can you provide a hint?
I'm not sure what's being referred to here but what I saw that was interesting said 9 hours ago which when I looked would have been before 4pm. It is a long post and which may include talking about 66 days of skin care and tickets to Thailand and that 747 is about the price of airfare. If this helps

As far as consensus among friends about what happened to her, that I do not know. I offer support and do not ask sensitive questions where they don't belong. I don't feel it is my place. I do not know any of the friends who have been allegedly questioned by police nor do I know HE's family, but know some of her friends who worked at TK in the past but have since moved out of state/gotten married/etc. Although this area is incredibly transient in the Spring and Summer, it is a "small world" in the off season. I am a few years older than HE and we share many other acquaintances. At this point, I do not think those friends have much direct involvement in the case, and are just hoping for her to come home. I do, however, think it is interesting the lack of mention about her working at TK, it is my understanding she worked there for quite some time before her disappearance. That may just be misinformation on the part of the media, though.

Welcome to Websleuths CarePsych.
HE references her job at TK often beginning as far back as January 2013 (as far back as I could see/read) on her Tumblr or Twitter account.

I'm not sure what's being referred to here but what I saw that was interesting said 9 hours ago which when I looked would have been before 4pm. It is a long post and which may include talking about 66 days of skin care and tickets to Thailand and that 747 is about the price of airfare. If this helps

Thanks. I saw that too but that's old news around WS as we've discussed those points already.

A verified insider clarified the 66 days thing is not relevant at this time. Also, even if I were to book 6 months in advance, I can't find a flight to Thailand from SC for less than $1800. Thank you for the heads up about the comment either way!

(Also worth noting: Heather made a lot of jokes on her Twitter.)

AWESOME first post! Thank you!

Is that the general consensus with the people who know her? What else is being talked about?

I'm not sure if this (carep's) post will stand as the unnamed (but initials with place of business) suspect is pointed out.
If you see your 'edit' button on the bottom right of your post, you can delete it before you're admonished!
Is that what I'm doing? lol! If in doubt, check with a mod please.

That said, info is very concerning indeed.

Well, due to lack of experience and my apparent inability to delete my posts, I just wrote over them. I'm sure the replies will still contain the content of my posts, though. Thanks guys, hopefully HE is found and returned to her family. Good luck to all WSs. :)

Haven't posted since the beginning, however, I've been keeping up. A few things I wanted to comment on quick.

A few topics IMO:

It's been a while since this was last discussed but it's come up a few times. The "why have you lost 5 pounds" Reading through I saw someone asked if anyone had Adderall HE spoke up and said Vyvanse. If HE was on the ADHD med Vyvanse that could account for the monthly visits to the Dr. Vyvanse can suppress the appetite causing weight loss, therefore, Dr's will do weight checks to monitor. Along with that, on the bills she has listed GSRMC "Grand Strand Regional Medical Center", that's our local trauma hospital. Under that she has listed GS Trauma which is a separate charge from the normal ER bill. My guess according to the bills displayed she was in an accident or something causing trauma . However, sometimes someone can meet the criteria for a trauma purely due to mechanism and not have extensive injuries.

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

Now, one of the big ones that's been a topic multiple times. I'm pretty sure I got the "66 days" figured out. If I'm remembering correct the 11th (Saturday) would be "66 days" from the day she tweeted? Heather's sister competed in the Miss Summerville Teen pageant on Saturday the 11th. The Aunt confirmed it wasn't anything of significance to Heathers disappearance nor the make up line, so that's my guess.

It's also JMO BUT I think everyone is dramatically over analyzing the 3AM - 3:41AM time and the wordage used by TE, media, and Lt Keglar. It could've just very well been the first quote of 3AM was an estimate due to not having all the information yet. From there certain information is being kept hush due to contaminating the investigation that's obvious. Then NG, media, ect all may just use different wordage having the same meaning, such as "ping" or "contact". As we all know, media is not always a great reliable source for fine details. I think out of frustration everyone is so focused on analyzing and picking apart how things are worded looking for answers *KISS* I absolutely know how important those minutes are when trying to nail down a timeline, but I'm not gonna beat around the bush, some of the media sources here are horrible! Constant misinformation, incorrect spelling, wrong dates, wrong fine details :banghead: the list goes on.

Earlier Spongebathhotpants hit exactly on my theory of how things played out the night HE went missing. Awesome job!

Hopefully this all makes sense. it's almost 2:30AM and hard to concentrate.

This case is closing in on the one month mark and imo,I find the lack of info released to the public directly from LE lacking. All new info(photo from date,type of restaurant on date etc) as far as I could tell has been by MSM. I have read statements made by others on FB about canine units being used and the results from the searches but nothing from LE. This info is important if indeed it is fact. The lack of info just creates, imo, more speculation that can cause folks to draw conclusions that just cause more speculation and meanwhile none of it is based on hard facts. LE needs to have a press conference (maybe they are waiting for a month to pass,who knows) to give the public a timeline,what has been done and not been done in this case and why, and basically catch everyone up to speed . If LE has info that they want to keep close to the vest I can understand not disclosing it but I think it's time to answer some questions from the public/media on where they are at in regards to the missing persons under their jurisdiction.

So, more than a reasonable amount of time has passed. I guess its time to post this. (As I said in a much earlier post re: this, Heather's family, as well as LE have been notified about this early on in this investigation). LE has had enough time to check this out, I think.

The owner of the salon where Heather was going to start her new job is a Tier 3 RSO, if the information I have received is correct (thank you new member for bringing this to my attention). I am not sure if I'm allowed to link? Mods? His initials are CWB out of Conway.

Another RSO to consider....ugggghhh.
Thank you for this info, margarita.

I am back at work this week (blah) after some time off...so I can't be here much....keep on keeping on y'all...I'll be checking in when I can.

My thoughts are with Heather and her family, and all of you working diligently to help solve this case! Let's bring HE home!!! Today!!!

Also, someone asked when HE last worked...scrolling through TK FB page last week I saw she last worked at TK the sunday before she went missing, so Dec 15. Now, just went back to look for it and the page seems to be gone? Is it just too early and I can't find it again...or is it really gone? Wish I had taken a screen shot.

This case is closing in on the one month mark and imo,I find the lack of info released to the public directly from LE lacking. All new info(photo from date,type of restaurant on date etc) as far as I could tell has been by MSM. I have read statements made by others on FB about canine units being used and the results from the searches but nothing from LE. This info is important if indeed it is fact. The lack of info just creates, imo, more speculation that can cause folks to draw conclusions that just cause more speculation and meanwhile none of it is based on hard facts. LE needs to have a press conference (maybe they are waiting for a month to pass,who knows) to give the public a timeline,what has been done and not been done in this case and why, and basically catch everyone up to speed . If LE has info that they want to keep close to the vest I can understand not disclosing it but I think it's time to answer some questions from the public/media on where they are at in regards to the missing persons under their jurisdiction.

Well said. I can't think of much to add to that and this appears to be how many feel about the management of this case. Most of us understand that LE has a job to do and certain evidence in order to properly bring the case to an arrest and on to a successful trial. They need to realize that there is a public out there that can be their eyes and ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop