SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, I did read over the rules hope I don't brake any but if I do feel free to correct me. I planned on setting back and staying out of the limelight for a while and just catch on to how it all works. I should of known that wasn't going to work for me I'm to hands on. My main interest is SAR I'm in the process of Training my dog BO for HRD. I've been a team leader on some cases here in middle Tennessee. I've put countless hours in on the Holly Bobo case within a week after she was abducted.

I was wondering about video cameras at intersections and something I brought up on another case last year was home surveillance. A lot of people have this now since its cheap. Like drive the route she may have taken see if you see any cameras up on the houses. Most of these systems have wide angle lenses cover a large area. They also have DVR's that record up to 180 days in real time on systems under $500. I believe the Mickey Shunick case was solved mainly by a roadside camera...

welcome, 4now! we sleuthed houses in the Alana Gallagher case and found a home with such a system. has anyone done this in this case?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

welcome, 4now! we sleuthed houses in the Alana Gallagher case and found a home with such a system. has anyone done this in this case?

**using google earth, street view

I don't think she'd be interested in any RSO, let alone any of these. Only put them up to be thorough.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I'm still not sold on Heather driving to and meeting someone at PTL. I think its a possibility, just not sold on it...yet. :)

I am not sold on this theory either. I am thinking whatever happened to her happened later in the day on Wednesday. I have been thinking that maybe a crime took place elsewhere and PTL was just the nearest place to drop off a car.

CUE has done a great job, but I personally think it is time for them to turn it over to a more experienced group at this time.

Excuse me, but CUE has been doing this for 20 years. You will not find a more experienced group.

Wanted to point out TE stated he got HE the interview for her new job. So, JMO, that in it's self would not lead me to suspect that person.

Unfortunately sex offenders are usually very charming. They groom everyone around them. And I've seen too many times that friends and significant others turn a blind eye to past illegal sick behavior because this person has convinced them they were set up and they are so charming and friends believe it. Despite the existence of well documented cases of abuse committed by this person--the friends do not believe it. Unreal.
So because of this I am not convinced that this RSO had nothing to do with it simply because he was acquainted with TE, if that's what you were saying.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, I did read over the rules hope I don't brake any but if I do feel free to correct me. I planned on setting back and staying out of the limelight for a while and just catch on to how it all works. I should of known that wasn't going to work for me I'm to hands on. My main interest is SAR I'm in the process of Training my dog BO for HRD. I've been a team leader on some cases here in middle Tennessee. I've put countless hours in on the Holly Bobo case within a week after she was abducted.

I was wondering about video cameras at intersections and something I brought up on another case last year was home surveillance. A lot of people have this now since its cheap. Like drive the route she may have taken see if you see any cameras up on the houses. Most of these systems have wide angle lenses cover a large area. They also have DVR's that record up to 180 days in real time on systems under $500. I believe the Mickey Shunick case was solved mainly by a roadside camera...

Welcome to the websleuths family, 4NOW..& good points..

:welcome5:

When I was looking for the 4.02pm post SpongeBath mentioned, I saw a reference to another post that had been deleted.

This post was talking about how a size 7.5 black ballerina flat shoe had been found in the area Target parking lot. The person commenting on the deleted thread said that this may or may not obviously have anything to do with HE, but the refusal to mention what she was wearing is really not helping the public to be of help. This person also said they revisited some of her SM and found a pic of her wearing such a type of shoe. Again they said this is a popular style of shoe so could mean nothing, but maybe it was meaningful too.

I can't help but think they know what she was wearing. You have the date pic, and was any of that discarded and something changed into? I just feel like the clothing element seems to be as integral as the pivotal phone call. How all of that links together is still obviously a mystery.

Does anyone in the area know how close that Target is to search areas or points of interest in the case?

There are two Target locations in Horry. Did they mention which one? One location is on HWY 17 Bypass near Broadway at the Beach (where Tilted Kilt is located) & one is in Surfside Beach off HWY 544. The one in Surfside Beach is 5.6 miles from Peachtree Landing.

I have to think her disappearance involves someone she wanted to meet or speak with, unless we find out that the last phone call,or text is unrelated. Not a random.

When you say:
"Imo, the person responsible for HE's disappearance will have a very long criminal history of violence against women dating back to adolescence.."

Do you think this criminal history is documented as in arrests, charges, court appearances etc or just that this person likely has abused women since adolescence.

Just curious.
I think it's likely that the person responsible has a history of abusing women but I think it's unlikely that this abuse has been documented for one reason or another.

That is, if I go with my theory that she met up with an ex. I go back and forth as to why I think she was out at PTL.
Just to clarify what I wrote. I see no problem asking for help from governmental agencies ,it's how you do it when dealing with the "top of the food chain". That's all..Maybe the Elvis family can do more interviews and get their local U.S Assemblyperson / Representative involved.Politicians love positive publicity.

I was talking to my friend yesterday who has a cousin who works at a restaurant chain similar to TK. She said that all the girl are asked to carry pepper spray/mace & get walked out by someone at the end of their shift due to in her words "A LOT of sketchy patrons who tend to get clingy and infatuated with the girls." I wonder if TK had a similar policy?

I know this has been said, but I really hope that LE is questioning the staff at TK & HOB to see if HE had any admirers or if there were any incidents, no matter how small or "innocent" at the time, of harassment. Has any regulars not come in since HE went missing?

And while I'm posting, I had another thought. 2 years ago I was hanging out with some school friends one friday night. We were basically all underage and there was, of course, alcohol & weed. One girl, an avid pot smoker, had been taking medication for a cold & had a REALLY BAD reaction when she smoked. She started to hallucinate, became unconscious, & was having difficulty breathing. Can you believe that out of the 15 or so of us there, only me & my ex boyfriend wanted to call 911 & alert the doorman?!
Everyone else was terrified of getting in trouble & we were dealing with a CLOSE FRIEND who clearly need medical attention. My ex called 911 & I alerted the doorman after telling the group that anyone could leave who wanted to. Everyone quickly dispersed, but 4 of us, who accompanied her to the hospital were she remained unconscious & unresponsive for over a day.

I hate to say this, but could HE have went out to a late night house party, had something similar happen, & people panicked? Was HE on any medications? Kind of like what I predict happened in the L Spierer case (might I add, I went to school with one of the boys in question). I even noticed similarities in how HE's parents were addressing the public/perp. At that age, kids are so worried about their reputation & getting in trouble, they're afraid to call 911 if drugs/alcohol are involved when something happens. People in HE's circle of friends should be keeping their ears open.

Ok, I'm done rambling. I had to get my morning thoughts out there.

I was talking to my friend yesterday who has a cousin who works at a restaurant chain similar to TK. She said that all the girl are asked to carry pepper spray/mace & get walked out by someone at the end of their shift due to in her words "A LOT of sketchy patrons who tend to get clingy and infatuated with the girls." I wonder if TK had a similar policy?

I know this has been said, but I really hope that LE is questioning the staff at TK & HOB to see if HE had any admirers or if there were any incidents, no matter how small or "innocent" at the time, of harassment. Has any regulars not come in since HE went missing?

And while I'm posting, I had another thought. 2 years ago I was hanging out with some school friends one friday night. We were basically all underage and there was, of course, alcohol & weed. One girl, an avid pot smoker, had been taking medication for a cold & had a REALLY BAD reaction when she smoked. She started to hallucinate, became unconscious, & was having difficulty breathing. Can you believe that out of the 15 or so of us there, only me & my ex boyfriend wanted to call 911 & alert the doorman?!
Everyone else was terrified of getting in trouble & we were dealing with a CLOSE FRIEND who clearly need medical attention. My ex called 911 & I alerted the doorman after telling the group that anyone could leave who wanted to. Everyone quickly dispersed, but 4 of us, who accompanied her to the hospital were she remained unconscious & unresponsive for over a day.

I hate to say this, but could HE have went out to a late night house party, had something similar happen, & people panicked? At that age, kids are so worried about their reputation & getting in trouble, they're afraid to call 911 if drugs/alcohol are involved when something happens. People in HE's circle of friends should be keeping their ears open.

As unbelievable as it sounds, I completely believe your story and think this remains as a strong possibility as to what may have happened :(

Originally Posted by Money Girl View Post
CUE has done a great job, but I personally think it is time for them to turn it over to a more experienced group at this time.

Originally posted by CountitallJoy
Excuse me, but CUE has been doing this for 20 years. You will not find a more experienced group.

The frustration seems to be affecting us all.. Both TES and CUE are very respected experienced & persistent SARs and missing/murdered persons advocacy organizations.
Both orgs originated due to a tragedy of a missing/murdered loved one which happened to the Founders. Although both have their resources, strengths, and weaknesses. They rely on the many members/volunteers and donations by the public to support their overwhelming missions..
Imo, the cost incurred by CUE in the HE search to date will easily exceed $50,000.00.
Due to the geographical distance for TES to travel, the expenses would much greater..

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9146213

Man calls on community to save struggling Texas Equusearch
Thursday, June 20, 2013

Since 1994, the Community United Effort (CUE) Center for Missing Persons has been advocating for missing children and adults, and providing free search and support services for families.

Staffed entirely by volunteers and funded by donation, the CUE Center has helped the families and loved ones of more than 9,000 missing people from across the United States.

https://www.facebook.com/texasequusearchandrecovery/info

Texas EquuSearch has been involved in 1,350+ searches in approximately 42 states in the United States, Aruba, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua. Our efforts have proven successful with returning over 300 missing people home to their families safely, many of which would have been deceased. Texas EquuSearch is responsible for recovering the remains of 156 missing loved ones, bringing closure to many families. Many of the 103 cases have resulted in criminal cases.

I hate to say this, but could HE have went out to a late night house party, had something similar happen, & people panicked? Was HE on any medications? Kind of like what I predict happened in the L Spierer case (might I add, I went to school with one of the boys in question). I even noticed similarities in how HE's parents were addressing the public/perp. At that age, kids are so worried about their reputation & getting in trouble, they're afraid to call 911 if drugs/alcohol are involved when something happens. People in HE's circle of friends should be keeping their ears open.

Ok, I'm done rambling. I had to get my morning thoughts out there.

I think TK management posted about having the policy of girls being walked to their cars. But since she did not disappear from there, someone who came to TK's still could have followed her one night to see where she lived, for example. Would have had to be recent, since she only lived there a short time. Do we know if her roommate worked at TK as well? Wondering if other workers or customers might know or overhear of young women living together.

While the scenario about an accidental drug overdoes seems possible, there are no indications that we know of that she met up with a group of people. I would hope that one person, at least, would be truthful, as in your case. I think a lot depends on what, if anything, was said in final call or tweet, assuming the 3:41 time is accurate and it occurred.

Just to be thorough, here's some RSO info. Reminder: We cannot point the finger at them by throwing out innuendo. We can't talk about their social media, etc. We can talk about how their address relates to Heather's address and places of business. If anyone is named a poi, the the rules change and ease up.

RSOs within a 2 mile radius to Heather's residence:

2heaczk.jpg

::::::::::

Each individual RSO link listed in that 2 mile radius search:

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1580937&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=577037&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1808980&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=777355&AgencyID=54140

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=701674&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=576835&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=658211&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=579245&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=576726&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=576958&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=577041&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=577037&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=577049&AgencyID=54080

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=576888&AgencyID=54080

And at least 10 more just outside that circle. I have to worry some of them are purposely choosing this area because of the college dorms nearby. This guy lives just 0.7 mile or 2 mins from a college dorm in that area and if he took a short cut through the woods, he could be there in less than a min. Its shocking to me he is allowed to live there. http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=576895&AgencyID=54080

April is not HE's mother. My understanding is she is a friend/family member who is helping to manage the FB page, and posts on the family's behalf.

I'm almost positive I read a post on her that A is the one who took the portraits of HE on the beach. I think she is a professional photographer.

BTW- DH slightly reminds me of an ex that I dated when I was young and dumb. And he was much older than me. I look back now with disgust. I think I just :sick: in my mouth a little bit. (sorry for the o/t personal story)

Please come home Heather. Show us the way!

Good points. I have noticed on her SM about the use of Vvyanse. I've also noticed alot about alcohol and weed. I've seen posts on various SM about the habit of smoking weed along with taking vvyanse in order to be able to sleep because the vvyanse tends to keep you awake. so it's not out of the realm of possibility that HE was doing all three things that night.

Someone else pointed out the fact that in order to get adhd meds, you have to go to the doc once a month and he would check your weight. I hadn't thought of this before but it is true. and makes perfect sense. So we can conclude she was more than likely using this drug regularly, along with some illicit drugs based on her SM posts.

Yet more discouraging news from our community. This area is just across the river from HE apt:

A Conway man was reported missing in Horry County last week, according to an incident report.
Chelsey Brandon Wilson, 30, hasn’t been seen since Jan. 8.
Wilson told his roommate he was going to pay the landlord Jan. 6 after he gave him money for rent, but learned Jan. 8 the rent was never paid, the report said.
Wilson had gone with another man to the Gold Club on Jan. 6 where he said Wilson “spent a lot of money.” He said he last saw him Jan. 8 in the woods behind his home on Bridgeport Drive in the Carolina Forest area.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/01/13/3956436/conway-veteran-reported-missing.html

could this missing man have any connection with HE??? maybe we should start sleuthing for him also. Does he have a thread yet?

I certainly hope the phone numbers, address and name of the date are redacted if this report is released to the MSM.

• Occurred on 12/17 at 10:43PM
• 2 receipts in HE car
• HE was admitted to the Conway Hospital on 12/17 from 3:04pm until 6:12pm

Report Provided By Horry County Police Department
Editor's Note: Horry County police have since said the person who was checked in at Conway Medical Center, according to the narrative, is a different Heather Elvis from the Heather Elvis who is missing.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_4170d766-7d30-11e3-a2db-001a4bcf6878.html

Question for a mod... are we allowed to talk about what's blacked out in the report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14