SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the fact that photo should have been released. I thought she looked (for lack of a better word) a little bit chunkier than in other photos (I know she is petite but a few pounds shows up on a petite girl.imo)

It's more the redish purple hair & tattoo. I think it's a bad camera angle

I'd like to know the date of this pic as well. I'm wondering if it was taken after her fall at work. If that large bruise isn't from the fall,this pic could be very important.

If someone can find the original spot that the photo was posted, it could be searched on Google images or possibly http://exif-viewer.com/

I tried both, but neither worked for it.

[modsnip]
:blushing:

Hey @Myrtlebeachlove! Welcome back.

I've already tried looking at metadata but, I'd need original photo. SM and Tinypic destroy all that with their info. I wish it would show some history but, it doesn't.

What I'm eluding too actually, is finding out the actual date that HE had her accident at work? Fall down steps.

Does anyone know that date and can tie to date of photo?

Still looking but on her twitter acct she had went to Dr on August 17 because of falling down the stairs at work

IMO, I think its a baseball cap on the dashboard in that photo.
Or not....but that's what I saw.

I can't seem to find in all the articles I've read but this case is bizarre. In one article it mentions upon finding her car it was locked. That's been in many articles. No one who is abducted IMO locks their car. Also- it says she is 5'1 and 118 pounds. According to her tumblr her CW was 103. So 15 pounds on a petite frame would show most definitely. It just seems so strange her car was allowed to be driven home; almost immediately dismissing any thought of foul play.

Has it been made public if her apartment was locked when LE went there?

Bringing this over from the
Media Thread:

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24421527/...up-in-myrtle-beach-to-help-find-heather-elvis

Anonymous tip tent set up in Myrtle Beach to help find Heather Elvis

The search continues for missing Myrtle Beach-area woman Heather Elvis. She's 20 years old and was most recently seen on December 17.

Her family reported her missing on December 19, after her car was found at Peachtree Landing in Socastee.

Bill Barrett's close ties with the Elvis' family motivated him to gather as many tips as possible about what happened.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/heather-elvis/

Most of these images were new to me, and were originally posted by Imamaze in an article dated January 10, 2014.
via http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10120377&postcount=44

They were in a 19 image slideshow, so you wouldn't have seen them if you simply clicked on the story link.

New images (from article - courtesy wbtv)

via http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10120950&postcount=46

It is important to remember that all the available images of Heather are important for us to view. Because it has been several weeks since she was last seen, ANY of these photos could represent her current appearance. IMVHO, her father loves and cherishes her, regardless, and always will! Furthermore, I think it has been stated many times over the past 5-6 threads that Heather has the ability to transform her appearance based on the color of her hair and whether or not she is wearing makeup.

These are the things that matter, along with sleuthing to bring her home :heartbeat: :twocents: :moo: #FindHeatherElvis :heartbeat:

None of these photos look anything like the photo Nancy Grace was using...the BW one where she looked about thirteen, IMO.

IMO, I think its a baseball cap on the dashboard in that photo.
Or not....but that's what I saw.

Me too. White with a silver-threaded logo and there are at least two rivets visible (I can't tell if they're red or orange). The front of the cap is facing the windshield, with the back of the cap facing Heather's smile.

:sigh:

That's what I'm seeing, anyway.

I will try again via mobile/zoom. If anyone else can take a look with a HD monitor and chime in, that would be appreciated!

I think it is possible she has not gained significant weight. Every picture I have seen of her shows chubby cheeks and some bloating from time to time even when she was very thin. I actually have the same-no matter how skinny I get I always have a bit of extra flesh in my face and neck areas. It sucks because one angle can look normal and a different angle=obese even though I am not.
She is gorgeous either way and is probably aware of that issue like most chubby-faced girls so all the posed pictures are taken from a flattering angle. That side angle of her in the car is one of the most unflattering, unforgiving angles. Oh and don't get me started on bloating which seems to happen even worse when you do have that type of face. I am not saying any of this to be rude, by the way. It is just a facial type that some of us have to exist with and I always heard that ultimately it works out because chubbier cheeks=looking younger when we get older :p

Anyway, main point being that I don't think she looks that different in all of her pictures to the point that people wouldn't recognize her if they saw her. I do agree the tattoo information should have been widely used in every description. That would not change.

I hope she is found soon, but I have a bad feeling about what type of discovery it will be. I think the entire case may rest on the 3:41 correspondence. Who would she be talking to that late? Would it really be as easy as the perp contacting her and asking her to meet him? It feels like we would have known if it was that straightforward.

I hope she is found soon, but I have a bad feeling about what type of discovery it will be. I think the entire case may rest on the 3:41 correspondence. Who would she be talking to that late? Would it really be as easy as the perp contacting her and asking her to meet him? It feels like we would have known if it was that straightforward.

LE has said they have some who are not cooperating. Also, I don't think they have evidence of a crime yet. They just have a car. I think they are in need of evidence or cooperation, or both.

Im in need of a catch up on these threads. Where are we? So the date taught HE how to drive stick in the inlet square mall lot? I presume that votes well for the mexican restaurant they went to being el cerro grande over by that mall? Does anyone know the time that txt was sent to TE?

We are taking your calls. Straight out to Rita Cosby, investigative journalist. You know, that evening, she had a very normal evening. She goes out to dinner at a local restaurant. She calls her dad around 10:30. And she even, I think, texts him a photo of her driving a stick shift, saying, Look, hey, I`m finally driving a stick shift.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/06/ng.01.html

I wasn't thinking about her appearance or her weight per se. She's a beautiful young woman and I think that's a delightful candid portrait.

Is there a difference between not being a "person of interest at this time" and being "cleared" ???

LE rarely really "clears" anybody, because you never know when a new piece of evidence will come to light that completely changes the picture. So all they can say is that you're not in the picture at this time.

Imo...im a girl...and I know other girls who have said the same thing I am about to say....I personally would never post or send an unflattering picture...I would delete and take a different one...and I have had friends that have said the same...so I know I am not alone in that. Just my opinion.... Also....in all her other pictures that I have seen she is facing the camera. I have not seen any other pictures of her taken from the side...like side profile....I think it is safe to say that she did not take this pic herself since both of her arms are actually in the photo....and furthermore that she was not actually driving and having to pay attention to where she was driving the vehicle because speedometer is at zero....[modsnip]Just my opinion!

I'm a girl..and a girly-girl at that and I doubt you'd find many girls who'd disagree with you about the first part of the above post re: deleting unflattering pic, retake and repeat til you approve of the pic that's being sent.. I get that and agree..

But, just as you go on to say in the above post..
A) it quite obviously, and without doubt, is NOT Heather that is taking the pic..

And I add to that..
B) The person who IS taking the pic is the guy with whom she is on a VERY FIRST DATE..

IMO, B) is an extremely important factor to consider in deciding whether or not Heather would have sent what is IYO, an "unflattering pic" of herself to her dad.. The reason being is because this is a guy who she is on a first date with.. This is NOT someone she'd been dating for a while who knew all of Heather's ins&outs, like&dislikes, and insecurities, quirks, etc..IMO this makes a big difference in Heather having not made a big to-do over a pic she felt wasn't flattering of herself, insisting that he delete and take another.. Again, yes that is what a lot us, girls may generally do, but I believe that when put in the factual context of the situation being a new guy, on a first date..

Well, IMO. Many of the girls who would generally insist on delete and retake..delete and retake..delete and retake until they are satisfied with the pic before sending ..This is not something that they'd do with a new guy, on a first date.. I mean come on..what if Heather had put on some weight that she wasn't comfortable with and therefor in order for her to be satisfied with it being "flattering" enough, it could take multiple deletes&retakes, along with her adjusting and re-adjusting herself in attempting to make the pic most "flattering".. Yea, that'd make a real comfy situation with a new guy, on a first date..See what I'm saying?

While yes, we'd be doing exactly that if we were taking selfies, or if a friend was taking the pic, or even a boyfriend you'd been with for sometime that knew your quirks..but IMVSO, NO, most would NOT be insisting on the "delete/retake&repeat til I'm satisfied" routine with a NEW guy, on their VERY FIRST DATE..jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000