SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone explain the process of how one is deemed a verified insider? I have read the insider information that was posted but it isn't clear.

I know its been discussed but its odd to me that no one out of her family or friends have said they tried to reach her the whole day of Wednesday. Of course Le could be keeping that under wraps but that makes no sense.

Sorry if this has been answered but I see the discussion about what 2 items are missing. I read that TE drove her car back, so is it possible that he had a spare set of keys for her car or where they left in the car? If the keys were left in the car, then maybe the cell phone and purse is missing. Just ruling things out.

It is trying to narrow down the field from an overall view to a specific question. For example do they have a complete inventory of her possessions prior to disappearance to know if a particular item is missing. The only way to know is to ask. Thus the questions regarding cell phone charger...is her wall and car charger accounted for. Did she have her drivers license in her purse, back pocket, or compartment on her phone.

All of these little question can help determine if it was a planned excursion and something went wrong, or spur of the moment. It's all about finding little answers to discover answers to the bigger questions. So, I personally don't think questions like these are moot until some clarification has been given.

I understand trying to narrow down the field.
It seems like maybe these questions are of a sensitive nature that perhaps since these questions have been asked on numerous occasions, and the answer was not to those specific questions, but the answer was; only Heather, her keys and cellphone are missing.
What I mean by moot is, maybe LE and LadyHawwke don't want to, or can't offer answers to your questions in case it is a hinderance to the case. LE likes to keep some things close to their vest so it does not hinder the integrity of the case.
IMOO.

It seems like maybe these questions are of a sensitive nature that perhaps since these questions have been asked on numerous occasions, and the answer was not to those specific questions, but the answer was; only Heather, her keys and cellphone are missing.
What I mean by moot is, maybe LE and LadyHawwke don't want to, or can't offer answers to your questions in case it is a hinderance to the case. LE likes to keep some things close to their vest so it does not hinder the integrity of the case.
IMOO.

Yes, this is kind of what I was alluding to in my last post. If a question has been repeatedly asked, and not answered, there may just be a really good reason. JMO.

Sorry if this has been answered but I see the discussion about what 2 items are missing. I read that TE drove her car back, so is it possible that he had a spare set of keys for her car or where they left in the car? If the keys were left in the car, then maybe the cell phone and purse is missing. Just ruling things out.

I'd say he probably has a spare set of keys. Our daughter who is same age as HE drives a car, registered to us, and both hubby and I have a key to it.

the doors of her car were locked, pretty sure this is verified info and not rumor, so my assumption was her dad had a set of keys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think she might of left something somewhere and went to pick it up after her date. How late us the mexican place she went to open. Did she call down there after her date.

IMOO.

But in the case of the purse it was mentioned in MSM, which counts as verified. And VI provided verified info.

In this instance the verified info we have conflicts.
There are other questions that possibly cannot be answered due to ongoing investigation but the items missing question was answered twice with two different answers.

I bet of we listed the things we KNOW, only those things that have not been contradicted our list would be very very small.

I still think she might of left something somewhere and went to pick it up after her date. How late us the mexican place she went to open. Did she call down there after her date.

Hmmm... a good question. could she have left something there, and went to retrieve it? and a rogue employee... random stranger?... saw her...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I've gone over every theory in my head possible and certainly any one of them is plausible. I have hesitated to post any out of respect because family and friends following here. What stands out to me are the statements that support someone knows something and that they would receive informant protection. This to me seems like a plea to friends and acquaintances that are scared of getting in trouble or being labeled a rat. The young kids here love the water and have abundant opportunity to get on boats. My thinking is that HE got a call or placed a call to some local friends (most college friends would be back at their home for Xmas) and discussed a ride on the river...hang out, have a few beers, etc. She would have gone to PTL to be picked up and only taken her phone and keys (left her car locked up). She would either be brought back by boat...or one if the friends could have said they would drive her back to car after docking at another landing. Something accidental could have happened on the boat and everyone that was on it is scared to death to say anything for fear of the trouble that would follow. All of this said...I hope I'm wrong and that she is safe and just staying away for a while!!!

I'd say he probably has a spare set of keys. Our daughter who is same age as HE drives a car, registered to us, and both hubby and I have a key to it.

the doors of her car were locked, pretty sure this is verified info and not rumor, so my assumption was her dad had a set of keys

Thanks that makes sense that the dad would have a spare key. I know a lot of girls today don't even carry purses when going out to a club these days, or don't think much of running out without their purse if it is a shot trip to maybe get a small item. Lots just put some cash into their pockets and grab cell and keys. At any rate, it doesn't look like she went missing of her own accord, at least not to me. I do believe she went out to meet up with someone, not sure what time, but she went willingly and it was the wrong person to trust. I am still hoping she is just being detained and will be found alive or will get a chance to escape. Just my hope. There are such cases, where people take a person someplace and then it is hard to get out or leave. When I was young, I went to a party with a gf and didn't know who owned the home or anything about them. Turned out, once you got in, you weren't allowed to leave. There was so much drugs that they didn't want anyone going anywhere for fear you were going to the cops. I sat in a corner all night, on the floor and stayed awake until morning, until I could get out of there.

Thanks that makes sense that the dad would have a spare key. I know a lot of girls today don't even carry purses when going out to a club these days, or don't think much of running out without their purse if it is a shot trip to maybe get a small item. Lots just put some cash into their pockets and grab cell and keys. At any rate, it doesn't look like she went missing of her own accord, at least not to me. I do believe she went out to meet up with someone, not sure what time, but she went willingly and it was the wrong person to trust. I am still hoping she is just being detained and will be found alive or will get a chance to escape. Just my hope. There are such cases, where people take a person someplace and then it is hard to get out or leave. When I was young, I went to a party with a gf and didn't know who owned the home or anything about them. Turned out, once you got in, you weren't allowed to leave. There was so much drugs that they didn't want anyone going anywhere for fear you were going to the cops. I sat in a corner all night, on the floor and stayed awake until morning, until I could get out of there.

You are fortunate you got out.
How scary! And what a long night that must've been :(

Good thought. But what could she have left there? She apparently had her phone between the end of the date and the time it was turned off. Her purse? Her driver's license? The restaurant's phone # would be in her phone activity.

You are fortunate you got out.
How scary! And what a long night that must've been :(

I never went out with that girl again. She knew this guy was a drug dealer, not only did he deal, he had a huge operation in FL. It was years ago, he eventually ended up in prison but I had a gun pointed at my head (by a bartender) at one point while in one of the bars he owned. These were scary people. I didn't even drink! I was in my early 20's, so HE could have run into a bad crowd and not realized the danger.

'Just thinking out loud here....

.....since the dogs did not "hit" on HE's car, is it possible that whoever is responsible for her disappearance had the car thoroughly cleaned out and detailed?

Has LE thought to inquire about that? Have car washes and detail shops been questioned? Has any local seen someone at their garage with a vehicle that looks like HE's?

I think that just like in the Mick*y S's case, random video surveillance from a biz is what showed the truth.

I hope all business owners that have a surveillance camera checks their recordings during the time in question. You never know what you'll see.

.....since the dogs did not "hit" on HE's car, is it possible that whoever is responsible for her disappearance had the car thoroughly cleaned out and detailed?

Has LE thought to inquire about that? Have car washes and detail shops been questioned? Has any local seen someone at their garage with a vehicle that looks like HE's?

I think that just like in the Mick*y S's case, random video surveillance from a biz is what showed the truth.

I hope all business owners that have a surveillance camera checks their recordings during the time in question. You never know what you'll see.

I don't remember anything about dogs in relation to the car or PTL. (Although, I thought I remember that in addition to the water search in the beginning, they did bring in dogs.)

In addition to businesses, what about home security systems that have cameras? I can think of two cases - the McStay's for one and I can't remember the young girl in Sacramento that was murdered - where LE tried to use home videos. They weren't much help, but you never know here.

But in the case of the purse it was mentioned in MSM, which counts as verified. And VI provided verified info.

In this instance the verified info we have conflicts.
There are other questions that possibly cannot be answered due to ongoing investigation but the items missing question was answered twice with two different answers.

I bet of we listed the things we KNOW, only those things that have not been contradicted our list would be very very small.

I have been searching for a link from MSM about the purse being missing, but I haven't found the link yet.
Could you post the link please where it states that the purse is missing, not the twitter link that states 2 items are missing.
I know in the case of Missing Jessica Heeringa, LE said that she and her boyfriend shared their cellphone, and he had the cellphone the night Jessica went missing, but there was a TV reporter and an article on line that stated that a cellphone was found in the Exxon station along with her purse, so did Jessica have a second phone that her boyfriend was unaware of, or was the TV reporter mistaken? That TV reporter and the online article was from a reputable source, so that's conflicting in itself.
Sometimes MSM doesn't have the correct info, or it was correct at the time, but not anymore, etc.
I am not disputing that there is a MSM link to Heather's purse being missing, I want to read it and I can't find it.
A verified insider to Heather's case, like LadyHawwke, I would trust her info over MSM, incase there are mistakes made by the media.
IMOO.

Maybe she just left something in her car and went back out to get it. Could be anything. I often bring home a doggie bag, and then leave it in the car and have to go back for it.

I have to say, though, the older I get (and the more I read on WS), I don't even like to go back to my car if it's dark out. I live in what's considered a very sate neighborhood, because there is almost no violent crime, ever, but with the state of the economy, there are more and more home robberies and home invasions. I get nervous that I will go outside and inadvertently meet up with someone (and my garage is in my fenced in back yard).

But, when I was HE's age, I had no fear. I would ride the NYC subways, by myself, in the middle of the night, without a thought. So, I don't think it would be unlikely for her to go back out, for whatever reason, without thinking twice about it.

I don't recall hearing dog's didn't 'hit' on HE's car. IMO it would depend on what type of dogs they were using and what they were using them for. If using search dogs, I don't see how they 'couldn't' hit on her car, since her scent would be all over that car. If it was cadaver dogs they were using, then I could see them not hitting on her car.

Good thought. But what could she have left there? She apparently had her phone between the end of the date and the time it was turned off. Her purse? Her driver's license? The restaurant's phone # would be in her phone activity.

unless she decided to just drive there... maybe she knew they were closed, so wouldn't answer the phone and she just went... hoping to catch someone there, cleaning crew or whoever... how far away is it? I'm thinking I recall it was a bit if a drive, soooo maybe not.

I am soooo frustrated. I can't even imagine what her family is feeling.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members